Another Ramadan Question....

hassana elkoussi

As salamo alaikome......

Ok so I guess after reading everything posted in this thread I can STILL expect to hear the whispers during my prayers even in Ramadan!!! :girl3:

As-salamu alaikom dear sis,

Don't worry sister, this is a blessed month so you'll find that the whispers of shaitan are reduced to a minimum. You're only left with the whispers of your nafs (self), but these,too, become so weak the more you concentrate on your different acts of worship. Stick to reading Quran, don't skip taraweeh, make a lot of du'aa, give special care to the last ten nights and I can assure you a high spiritual level that you've never experienced before.AND don't forget to make du'aa for us, your bros and sisters in Islam.

Salam:hearts::hearts:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As-salamu alaikom dear sis,

Don't worry sister, this is a blessed month so you'll find that the whispers of shaitan are reduced to a minimum. You're only left with the whispers of your nafs (self), but these,too, become so weak the more you concentrate on your different acts of worship. Stick to reading Quran, don't skip taraweeh, make a lot of du'aa, give special care to the last ten nights and I can assure you a high spiritual level that you've never experienced before.AND don't forget to make du'aa for us, your bros and sisters in Islam.

Salam:hearts::hearts:

Wa alaikome salam sister.....

Please explain to me what I highlighted in bold from your post. I dont know that one word. I read about the last 10 nights but I dont understand.

hassana elkoussi

Wa alaikome salam sister.....

Please explain to me what I highlighted in bold from your post. I dont know that one word. I read about the last 10 nights but I dont understand.

Salam sis,

Well, taraweeh is a Sunnah prayer after 'Isha' prayer, only performed in Ramadan. It's either 8 rak'aas + witr prayer (i.e., 11 all in all) or 20 rak'aas + witr ( total 23 ) You choose whichever appeals to you. You start praying taraweeh on the first night of Ramadan, once it's announced that Ramadan is the next day and it's not performed on the night of Eid, once it's announced that Eid is the next day.According to hadeeth, whoever stands in prayer in Ramadan (in taraweeh) believing in Allah and seeking his reward will have all his sins forgiven.

As for the last ten nights, the Quran was revealed in one of those nights, on the night of Power which, according to the Quran, in Surat Al Qadr, is better than a thousand months ( in its reward). According to the hadeeth, whoever stands in prayer on lailatul Qadr ( the Night Of Power), believing in Allah SWT and seeking his reward will have all his sins forgiven. However, the exact date of this night is not revealed. We are only told it falls in the odd nights of the last ten nights, so to be on the safe side, we give special attention to these ten so we can have our sins forgiven and our du'aa answered isA. If you still have any questions plz feel free to ask.:hearts:

hassana elkoussi

Salam sis,

I also forgot to tell you about tahajjud ( night ) prayer- before fajr prayer. You can check this link
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59631
for more details. Remember that Ramadan is kind of charging your eman "
battery" for the rest of the year, so don't panic. You'll get to enjoy these acts of worship, especially if you try taraweeh in congregation.
Plz also check this http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59672 for further information abt the Night of Power.

:hearts: