Any Tips?....

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
*takes notes*

This is just the information I need. I too have a job interview on the 6th. Though, its in Marriott Hotel, and I'm thinking they're not likely to hire a hijabi. What a bummer.. I would've loved all the luxury!

Still, I'll try and think positive. Best of luck to you, akhi!

My uncle works in Marriott hotel WITH a beard ;)

You'll be fine inshaAllah

rightpath_357

Nice bro! I'm happy 4 u!
Just to add to all of the tips above-
* Be urself, don't suck up too much:lol:
*They will probably also ask you questions about why you want the job, give them an honest answer, but not just "I wanna make money":lol:
* Be polite, keep eye contact, smile- give them a good impression
* You might not have worked before, but show them some things that you participated in,like community service or some of your school/college/unoversity marks to show them that ur a hard worker:D

Best of Luck, You will get the job Insha'Allah:D

rightpath_357

I haven't even had the interview yet, and my parents are saying that I shouldn't go for the hotel job, since a front desk job at a hotel isn't respectable for a girl.

Is that true? Should I forget this job?

NO WAY SIS! If that's what you want to do, go for it!!!!:hearts: But are you doing this as a small job? Or a regular one? That'll help me answer ur question a bit more. BTW- sis, I think it would be good if you worked there- be atentive and hardworking, and you'll give a GREAT example of Muslims!!!!:shake::shake::shake::shake: Don't be lazy!!!:SMILY153:
:lol: Jut Kidding sis- I'm sure you won't be
Salam.:D

duran

Asalama alaykum

There is one thing we over looked...and its the MOST important thing

Don't forget ISTAQARAH...

IbnAhmad

Assalamu Alykum.

Wanted to thank everyone for their advice and help and also I forgot to tell you guys....

I got the Job! YEEEEEEEEY! Im starting tomorrow! :) Alhamdulilah. So I thank you again. Jazakallahu Khair. :D:D:D:D:D

Wassalam. :)

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Wa'alykum Salaam,

Masah'Allah! That's a very good news, brother.

Do tell us know when you are expecting your first wages, okay! ;)

Wa'salaam :)

IbnAhmad

Congratulations, brother! Now all you have to do is work hard, keep learning, be a team player and adapt to changes. Best wishes of success :)

Jazakallahu Khair for the advice brother. Much Appreciated. May Allah SWT reward you. Ameen.

Wassalam.