Anyone have suggestions for creating unity amongst Muslims

Ashima33

Salaam,

I'm sure this is a common problem in areas more than just mine, but here we're very divided by income and culture. I'm meeting with a young group of muslims this weekend to discuss ways to become more unified and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions? Since I am new to being muslim and have not gotten into the muslim community much, yet... I feel as if I don't have much input... but would like to still provide some suggestions and insight. Thank you for any help!

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Good move sister. But sorry I don't have much idea but generally we must go back to the basic. We use to have khilafah or caliph system, if moslem reintroduce this system then moslem world will have only one leader and more united. Any fatwa will come from the caliph for the entire moslem community. In my opinion, currently Sheikh Yusof Qardawi suit the bill. But this is not possible at this point. Perhaps, we gather all students and youth as well as moslem individual all over the world somewhere and we form a new movement. We have sleeping OIC for inter-govt now we should have one movement for all Islamic NGOs all over the world. Well, I'm open to more suggestion and criticism if any.

Raziul Hasan

As-salm to all brothers and sisters,
I am pleased to read the desire to unite the UMMAT under one banner. This desire, like in me, would have beenin numero us hearts and minds. What is most significant here is some one has brought it out in the open.Now the ball has got rolling,more and minds will get involved,and Insha-Allah one day ALLah,The Final Judge and Wisdom will grant us success.
In my humble openion I see one banner. "One Allah, One Quran, One Rasul and One Deen"
My personal ego can be sacrificed to obtain the Pleasure of Allah and His Rasul.
May Allah guide us to be worthy to show our face to Him on the day of judjement. Amin.

Was-salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Keep on keeping on. We have to reclaim our masjids. We have to make the masjids the center of our lives. Have programs there every night. I do not care if the program is to sit and stare. We can not be part time Muslims. Islam is 24/7.
The generation that built the masjids did their jobs..they built the masjids..now it is time to make use of them.
I am a pest and I am going to make our masjid alive. We have a country club and everyone was happy and then I came along...I am upsetting the apple cart.
In another post I have stated I will be having a protest and we will only have four women...the rest do not want to get involved. Well maybe for the next protest I can get 8.
We can not give up.

pcozzy

That's part of the problem. Our mosque are pretty much separated by culture and ethnicity. So I would like suggestions on how to fix this.

:salam2:

That means that there needs to be change in the mosque thus reflecting your motivations. Don't turn away instead try to get involved with the administrators to join other mosques in the area first. Try to have interchanging of Imams between mosques.

In sha Allah, there will be improvement. Islam is a social religion where the caliphate was built with all mosques participating in selecting there calipha. The problem with the umma is that we separated the function of the mosque to one that the prophet PBUH never shown us. All the affairs of the Umma at the time of the prophet PBUH had all affairs in the masjid.

Make dawaa in sha Allah the community around your masjid will be more into Quran and Sunnah. By no means in Islam is the masjid a place of isolation.

:wasalam: