Are any sins "unforgivable"?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalamualikum
committing suicide is unforgivable as a person who dies cannot repent.A person who commit suicide cannot enter Jannah.

yes, suicide is a major sin. but we cant say that a person who committed suicide will definately end up in hell. as only Allah knows the real condition and circumstances which made him/her to do this.

so its upto Allah.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:
In my opinon the one who commits suicide will be in hell no matter under any circumstances this can be known from various hadiths.

Narrated Abu Huraira-: The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire." (Book #23, Hadith #446)

"Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever", [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)].

revert2007

Love Fishing
In my opinon the one who commits suicide will be in hell no matter under any circumstances this can be known from various hadiths.

Narrated Abu Huraira-: The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire." (Book #23, Hadith #446)

"Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever", [Bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)].

Assalamualikum.
I agree akhi.For every sin-minor or major,we need to repent.And committing suicide is a major sin and how can a person repent when he is already dead?

May Allah forbide us from such thing.Ameen
Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

but when Allah says that He can forgive any sin except shirk, suicide also falls in this category.

He can forgive that person due to His Infinite Mercy or his relatives' duas or prophet's intercession, etc.

and Allah knows best.

revert2007

Love Fishing
but when Allah says that He can forgive any sin except shirk, suicide also falls in this category.

He can forgive that person due to His Infinite Mercy or his relatives' duas or prophet's intercession, etc.

and Allah knows best.

Assalamualikum.
With this statement,do I have to doubt the hadith?Isn't the hadith clearly mention that commiting suicide is not forgivable?

Of course I know ever Muslims enters Jannah because of Allah's Mercy.

Can I ask a question?What do you understand from the above hadith?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalamualikum.
With this statement,do I have to doubt the hadith?Isn't the hadith clearly mention that commiting suicide is not forgivable?

Of course I know ever Muslims enters Jannah because of Allah's Mercy.

Can I ask a question?What do you understand from the above hadith?

1. no, you should not doubt the hadith.

2. i understand from the hadith that committing suicide is a major sin and punishable.

3. all i meant to say is we cant swear by Allah that, for example bro A who committed suicide will land up in hell.

4. if only repentance washes away sins then whts the purpose prophet's intercession on the Day of Judgement. his :saw2: intercession will be for sinners only.

and Allah knows best.

revert2007

Love Fishing

2. i understand from the hadith that committing suicide is a major sin and punishable.

3. all i meant to say is we cant swear by Allah that, for example bro A who committed suicide will land up in hell.

4. if only repentance washes away sins then whts the purpose prophet's intercession on the Day of Judgement. his :saw2: intercession will be for sinners only.

and Allah knows best.

Assalamualikum.
When did I swear? :rolleyes:
The hadith says forever in hell.What does forever means?
I thought forever = eternal?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalamualikum.
When did I swear? :rolleyes:
The hadith says forever in hell.What does forever means?
I thought forever = eternal?

:wasalam:,

and when did i say that you swear? :) i just gave a general example.

here forever doesnt mean eternal. bcoz if a person have even a little faith, a time will come when Allah will take him out of hell and place in jannah.

revert2007

Love Fishing
:wasalam:,

and when did i say that you swear? :) i just gave a general example.

here forever doesnt mean eternal. bcoz if a person have even a little faith, a time will come when Allah will take him out of hell and place in jannah.

Assalamualikum
Hmmm....something new am learning :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low

and Allah knows best.

I doubt that. Being alive the Prophet (Peace and blessings upon him) said.
Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among those who came before you there was a man who was wounded and he panicked, so he took a knife and cut his hand with it, and the blood did not stop flowing until he died. Allaah said: ‘My slave hastened to bring about his demise; I have forbidden Paradise to him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3276; Muslim, 113.

So then why would he intercede for the one who committed suicide.

revert2007

Love Fishing
:salam2:,

so you never learnt that one who has even an atom of faith will enter paradise?
Assalamualikum
Of course I know those have faith till their last breath will enter Jannah but just the matter of time.

The question here is about those commit suicide.A person who has faith will never do such thing and Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum :)

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
What about those who claim to be a Muslim but do not perform their 5 fard prayers? They will be in hell forever because they're arnt Muslims right?

Because the Prophet SAW sad the difference between a Muslim and a non-Muslim is the prayer.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
What about those who claim to be a Muslim but do not perform their 5 fard prayers? They will be in hell forever because they're arnt Muslims right?

Because the Prophet SAW sad the difference between a Muslim and a non-Muslim is the prayer.

This same question was answered by Shiekh Assim Al Hakeem he said if the person openly admits he does not pray 5 times and does not even pray at once like even the Friday prayers then it applies.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

and Allah knows best.

Akhi but we do realise that no one can intercede for us without ALLAH's permission even the prophet:saw:......this shouldn't serve as a garantee of our forgiveness.repentance is more reliable...

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Akhi but we do realise that no one can intercede for us without ALLAH's permission even the prophet:saw:......this shouldn't serve as a garantee of our forgiveness.repentance is more reliable...

of course u are right behna. repentance is wht we should work for. but when i stated that statement, it did not mean. it was about hope.

we must try to be good muslims but we have hope in duas of believers, prophet's intercession, etc as well.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
This same question was answered by Shiekh Assim Al Hakeem he said if the person openly admits he does not pray 5 times and does not even pray at once like even the Friday prayers then it applies.

but i have *few* relatives and frnds who beleive in shahadah, fast in ramadan, avoid alcohol, zina but sadly dont pray.

will they live in hell forever like mushriks and kafirs? :( :confused:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Akhi i think it's for ALLAH to decide where any o us will end up.it's the kind of thing non has the knowledge.salah is what is between us and ALLAH.it IS the most important of all the things but since it's solely between the slave and his lord.one cannot say anything about it.he may have mercy and forgive after the punishment....

afterall we kno how anyone with atom's faith will enter paradise.may ALLAH grant it to all.ameen

of course u are right behna. repentance is wht we should work for. but when i stated that statement, it did not mean. it was about hope.

we must try to be good muslims but we have hope in duas of believers, prophet's intercession, etc as well.

but this comes down to ALLAH's mercy again!!if we manage to get that.HE may let the intercessors intercede:)!!so the hope in the end is again with THE ALL MERCIFUL!!