Are Jews and Judaism a race or a religion ?

truthseeker63

Are Jews and Judaism a race or a religion or both in your opinion in my opinion they are only or just a religion since people have and do convert to Judaism the Khazars were a Asian tribe or nation that converted to Judaism as a nation as today are the Ashkenazi Jews ?

http://www.radioislam.org/koestler/

Wannabemuslim

:salam2:, interested in the same question, so i used google search engine, basicly most of the answers said that jews prefer jewish people so they can feel there religioin is more "special" or something.

Another explanation said that jews accept conversion

So im confused, and i seek answers. Are jews as,.. quite frankly selfish as to say that you have to be of there race to be loved by god? not trying to troll, i just genuinely dont know

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Faith is not restricted to any race. All races are human. All races are the same. We just have different attributes of beauty. Bottom line: We come in two. One is male; the other is female.

Now, those who are disobedient want to change the Divine Law and they can't.
That is why we have Islam. It don't matter...you be human..you be Muslim; short, tall, thin, fat, fair, dark, long hair, short hair, blind, lame, deaf...it don't matter..bow down and prostrate to Him.

JenGiove

Are Jews and Judaism a race or a religion or both in your opinion in my opinion they are only or just a religion since people have and do convert to Judaism the Khazars were a Asian tribe or nation that converted to Judaism as a nation as today are the Ashkenazi Jews ?

:salam2:

I would ask ShyHijabi, since she was a Jewess. I claim Jewish blood but not the religion so in opinion, they are both. To my understanding, <and this is incredibly basic and derived from doing genealogy research>, where you sat in the temple depending on which of the twelve tribes of Israel you are descended from. In order to figure that out, you have to know your ancestor's blood lines.

Isa_

It's a strange situation really from my experience. Judaism is a religion but the culture is so strongly attached to particular ethnic groups some people consider them as such. I once travelled through South America and met many Jewish people, both Israeli and non-Israeli and found there was an overriding shared culture, perhaps one that we can relate to as the ummah. I met one man of Jewish ancestry who claimed agnosticism with a bent towards possible atheism who referred to himself as Jewish in tradition and likened it to how many Christian people celebrate major festivals and comply with practices to an extent although they don't really believe/regularly practice.

saif

We can get the jewish perspective from sister shyhijabi. I want to give the quranic perspective to the same question. Here is my understanding of the issue (I am open for a discussion)

1. The term bani-israel clearly means the part of the progeny of Ibrahim from Ishaq and Yaqoob. Since Allah has announced a special law for the progeny of Ibrahim, they are addressed as a separate group in Quran. (By the special law, I mean Allah's covenant with Ibrahim and his progeny, which is mentioned in Quran as well as Bible). So Bani-Israel is a race and Quran addresses them as such for good reasons.

2. In the charge-sheet on Bani-Israel, discussed in detail in Surah Al-Baqarah, they are charged for not spreading the message in other nations and instead for accepting the polytheistic customs of others. In other words, they were given the responsibility to spread Allah's message on earth but they didn't perform their duty. That means, the real message of Judaism, which was in fact Islam, was never meant to remain in Bani-Israel only.

3. There are some exceptions to the rule. There have always been some jews, which were not bani-Israel but were converted to Judaism. Talking about the earliest days of the jewish history, bible speaks about "foreigners/strangers among you", which was a term for those jews (or let us call them "muslims" ), which were converted to Judaism in the earliest days. So we know from bible, that some non-bani-isrealis had even done exodus with Moses. Another example of converted jews are sephardic jews (If I am not mistaken.) So the idea of converted jews was never foreign to Judaism, although for most part, they have remained like a race and Quran charges them for that.

:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Judaism/يهودية is the "religion, philosophy, and way of life" of the Jewish people.(Yahudi)

And the fact that,
One can't convert/embrace into Jews/Yahudi because to
becoming a Jews/Yahudi, one need to be born into and from the jews/yahudi race/religion itself.

Another fact,

Once a Yahudi/Jews embrace other religion they are not consider a jews/yahudi anymore.

Jews/Yahudi carry a race altogether
recognize as their religion
and is not like any other
race and religion.

Thank you,
~Wassalam.