Are Muslims racists?

rougan

Hello guys,

Greetings of peace to you all! Please don't be offended by this question. I just think that since I feel that as of this time, there have been instances of racism against Muslims around the world, I wanted to know your views on this. Did you feel that because of the racism you get from other people, you become a racist too? Please disregard this thread if it is offensive. Thanks!

Zarra

Salam,

I would hope that Im not racist and that I appreciate each person for their individual value. I've heard stories of Muslims displaying racist behaviour towards people of other religions or other races other than their own, but never witnessed it, mashallah.

I think it's impossible for any society to be without some form of racism as, in my opinion anyway, racism stems from an inherent superiority complex present in many, many people.

Wa'salam

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

I am Not racist, i try not to have any preconceptions either (and if i have i keep them in).

I never understood racism and don't think i'll ever do, i don't like racist people because of their poisoned ideas and beliefs...simple as that :)

zakariya

hi i try to be a racist but i coudent
islam is religion to tell me to except white people as a bro-sisters or others
aswre i haven feeling of white colar that is not mean to hate way thay look
so if iam not a muslim coud be this disease grow to my heart but now alhamdulilah my religion give me to no hate any one allahu akbar allahu akbar
ask arabs what thay use to be-for islam-dan u will be understand whre is coming for this beauti of islam

Hello,

People aren't born racist, it's something they learn from their family, friends, peers, and their environment. This is an excerpt from the Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) last sermon:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood"

A pious person sees the best in everyone and considers himself the worst, when you consider this it would make them less superior to anyone and not make them become arrogant, subsequently this makes them a humble being.

Sakeena

hehe.. I agree!

Assalam aleikum,

I am Not racist, i try not to have any preconceptions either (and if i have i keep them in).

I never understood racism and don't think i'll ever do, i don't like racist people because of their poisoned ideas and beliefs...simple as that :)

Asalamu alaikum,

Insha'Allah I second that! Alhamdulillah not EVERYONE (Muslim or Non-Muslim) is a racist. People will be people. There are good Muslims, there are bad Muslims. There are good Non-Muslims, there are bad Non-Muslims. It's not any specific group of people. Some are influences by others which is not good at all! I don't agree with everyone in the world, but at least I give them respect, weather they deserve it or not alhamdulillah.

salams,

Sakeena :hijabi:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Do you find it difficult to give respect to someone who doesn't respect you back or to someone who doesn't deserve it?

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
NOT racist

i'm not racist and i hate racism..Islam teach me to accept other Muslims no matter what colour they are.. for non-Muslim.. Islam tell me to be kind to them, to show good example as a Muslim. i personally would love to know and be friend with people from other races... :muslim_child:

Sakeena

Do you find it difficult to give respect to someone who doesn't respect you back or to someone who doesn't deserve it?

I never said it was easy, but I just because someone disrespects me, I will respect them anyway. no big deal though :) hasta luego

Salaam,

Islam is the only solution to racism.

Islam teaches that what constitutes brotherhood and sisterhood takes all racial and nationalistic views out of the picture.

There is still indirect racial tensions in America. They actually have white churches and black churches!

If you attend any local masjid, you have people from all types of backgrounds - alhamdulillah

Sakeena

Salaam,

Islam teaches that what constitutes brotherhood and sisterhood takes all racial and nationalistic views out of the picture.

There is still indirect racial tensions in America. They actually have white churches and black churches!

If you attend any local masjid, you have people from all types of backgrounds - alhamdulillah

My family attends black church, but I see some white ppl there. It's wierd

dianne

i'm not racist and i hate racism..Islam teach me to accept other Muslims no matter what colour they are.. for non-Muslim.. Islam tell me to be kind to them, to show good example as a Muslim. i personally would love to know and be friend with people from other races... :muslim_child:

salam,

living in a multi cultural,multi races is very imposibble being racist,malaysian cant do that.lol :muslim_child:

wassalam

OmarTheFrench

Are Muslims racists?

LOL(sorry but its the first thing who come from this question) Islam is in All continent how we can be racist against some of our brothers ?(If we follow the deen in good manner)

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Salaam,

:salam2:

I agree with you brother..

dianne

Salam,

Masjid is a house of Allah swt,everybody can perform solat,from whoever also belongs to,black masjid or white masjid.

Islam is a solidarity religion,unity resulting from aims or understanding.dont think that Muslim is like non muslim religion eg christian.
If youre catholics u only can go to catholic church,if youre protestant u only can go to protestant church,Islam is not like that.

Islam only one religion of ALLah swt,what our previous prophets from Nabi Adam,Moses,Abraham,Jesus ibni Maryam - peace be upon them all has brought to us.And also Nabi Muhammad sallallah alaihi wassalam.

wassalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Hello guys,

Greetings of peace to you all! Please don't be offended by this question. I just think that since I feel that as of this time, there have been instances of racism against Muslims around the world, I wanted to know your views on this. Did you feel that because of the racism you get from other people, you become a racist too? Please disregard this thread if it is offensive. Thanks!

Hey,

Good question. In the first place, Islam is not a race. Rather it is a religion and a way of life that people from different races follow. If we practice racism, it's like degrading our own brothers and sisters in Islam. Though, there are racist "muslims", you can't avoid that, those are people who doesn't clearly understand what Islam teaches regarding racism.