Are there any safe Muslim countries to live in?

Halloween Harry

Salam & what an interesting & direct question ! gotta love the style. :lol:

Anyhow, believe me, I understand your concern & I think it is well founded & based in reality.

Having said that, you would be very comfortable in the G.C.C. countries in this order:

1. U.A.E. (emirate of Dubai)
2. Bahrain
3. Kuwait
4. Oman
5. Qatar

About positions 4 & 5, I am less sure, but I'm 100% on 1 & 2 (I am from 2, born & bred :laughing-dancing: )

Ling

Well, I'm a Singaporean. Singapore is not a muslim country but this is probably one of the safest places in the world - and everyone speaks English. We do have a large muslim population as well - I think about 20% of the population. Our neighbour Malaysia is also quite safe and personally, I feel that it is the safest muslim country in the world.

renton

Russia isn't a christian country!
It is an ex-communist country. Communism is the belief in the state. All religions are second class there. Its no different whatever you believe.

As far as the UK, I would say its pretty good to live here. Im not a Muslim, but I have Muslim friends who love being here. The state is kept seperate from religion, so everyone can be happy (not just the ruling religion) and there is a lot of tolerance for all faiths.
The quality and freedom of life is also very high. Also, I would say that Christianity is easily made fun of more than Islam.
(note in point, its fine to show jesus swearing and being in a nappy (jerry springer the opera) but you cannot show an image of Mohammad.
So at the moment, freedom of speech favours Islam.
I like living int he UK because I can believe in evolution and be an athiest and nobody cares (except the Jehovahs witnesses who keep coming round and say Im going to hell)

tiaaja

assalam
i think as long as you believe that Allah SWT always with you, you will be safe. because anywhere you live, it still Allah's place. I believe that Allah always take care of us as long as we never forger Him.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I'm afraid brother NewMuslim has not signed into TTI since 18th of February 2007 - almost two months ago!! And the question he asked in this thread is from November last year. Quite old. Anyways, he hasn't signed in for a while, and I think I remember in a post he once said he would get into trouble if his older brother (non-Muslim) caught him on the internet (reading about Islam etc). Hope he's alright.

mali1

If I had a choice sister.. I will prefer India over Pakistan.. It has more muslims than Pakistan has although its not a Islamic state... But in a lot of sense its better as it has less corruption, secular, more job opportunities, better prospects etc. I want to add a lot of comments about Pakistan but I do not want to be rude to any of my fellow brothers.

wackyboy

I am a Pakistani who lived all his life in Saudi, and now am living in London. I must say that Saudi is the place to be, primarily because it is close to the harmain sharifain which means you could go back and forth from Makkah & Madinah VERY regularly. The atmosphere there is very religious, and it is just brilliant.
I would also recommend any of the middle eastern countries as most of them are Islamic, like UAE, Kuwait, Oman etc.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I have lived in several countries, as a child, a teenager, a young woman, and since I was ten the USA has been home. Until 9/11.
I am limited being a native English speaker. I have a home and my family here. For many reasons I can not move, not until my sons go to university.

I have discovered to search for Islam in my heart. As a respondent posted this is where Allah has placed us.

If I could I would live in Pakistan. However, in the part of the States in which I reside it is said: God is a local phone call away. This part of the country is beautiful. Every second we are reminded of the signs of Allah. So I will remain here and ponder the magnificent signs.

For those who wish to come here : do so ; we are so underpopulated and it would be nice to see little Muslims running amok. Sometimes they speak a language that resembles English.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
:salam2:
This comes from what I was posting in another thread. It's just that I decided to make a new thread about it.

The Christian countries (Russia should be considered one since the government is Christian) are too dangerous/Islamaphobic/anti-Muslim to live in. One Russian province banned the Qur'an from being read, the Muslims in the United States are seen as terrorists and are completely made fun of/abused everyday (will the KKK divert it's attention from Jews to Muslims? Probably pretty soon), British Muslims are being accused of "ruining Britain" and are made fun of/abused, same in France, (which has banned the Hijab in some parts), and Holland has (in some parts of the county) banned the Burqa (the Niqab and Hijab probably are next up).

I've got to get money fast and move to Saudi Arabia. Oh wait, you have an insurgencey attacking that country because they support the United States.

What about Syria or Iran? Oh wait, they're seen as "terrorists" and action will probably be taken against them from the United States.

The only currently safe Muslims countries are Indonesia, Pakistan, Egypt, and Lebanon. But wait: Egypt and Lebanon are under the threat of Israel attacking them again.

I don't want to learn Indonesian. I don't want to have to cram another language in my brain (already am learning French and I've got to start learning Arabic again).

After I make the Hajj, I may move to Pakistan. You think they'd understand my Arabic even though they speak Urdu? If not, they speak English so I'm in luck.

Pakistan, here I come!

[this has been a rant by NewMuslim]

:wasalam:

Assalamu aleikum
First of all I want to say that I'm muslim but I was born in Russia and lived there for 18 years,then I converted to Islam.
I lived among muslims in russia,we have so many muslims in my country and many people love them and live in peace with them. I agree that Russia is big and in many parts of russia people may be take islam differently.I lived closed to the southern russian muslim countries ,like Kazakhstan <Kirgikhstan ....In my school I had many muslim friends.Our culture is very mixed with muslim culture and traditions also.U cannot understand and believe it may be until u are there.
I know that people may be just know moscow and think that Russia is like that.No,its not ,we have many muslims and we leave in peace with them.
i know because of what's happening in chechenia people think that all russians hate muslims.This is all about politics and government.They make wars.Actually I haven't been in my country for 4 years ,may be now its different.But as I remember from my childhood the part of russia where i lived is very close to muslim culture...
salam

kayleigh

From what I've been told, in Pakistan Arabic is taught to the children in school although they may not speak it fluently. The Urdu alphabet is similar to the Arabic alphabet with the addition of some letters. Basic, conversational Urdu isn't (in my opinion) hard to learn at all. I find Urdu and Hindi a lot easier than Arabic. You'll pick it up if you live there long enough. And you are right - English is another official language.

But don't be so quick to say that Pakistan is safe. There's A LOT of political unrest going on now and there has been for a very long time. They may not be in Western news a lot, but that doesn't mean it's safe and peaceful. My fiancé and his family are from Pakistan and his mother is in Lahore right now. Lahore is fairly safe at the moment but they were still worried about her. I also have a friend who's family back in Pakistan is fleeing to Saudi Arabia until things get "settled". It's a beautiful country, but no place is ever safe. You probably won't find people who hate you for being Muslims, but they still have suicide bombers.

But that said, I would also love to live in Pakistan someday. My fiancé wants to raise our children over there for at least a little bit while they're younger. So, inshallah that'll work out.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
If I had a choice sister.. I will prefer India over Pakistan.. It has more muslims than Pakistan has although its not a Islamic state... But in a lot of sense its better as it has less corruption, secular, more job opportunities, better prospects etc. I want to add a lot of comments about Pakistan but I do not want to be rude to any of my fellow brothers.

As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Thats not correct. Even though Pakistan has a corrupt leader like Musharraf, Muslims can bring about change in the system. It depends upon their actions and over all their Eeman. I have never been to Pakistan but corruption in india is unimaginable. Atleast Pakistan is a Muslim majority country. But india is a kuffar majority state where people live by caste system. If you want things from this dunya, and want to live peacefully you can have that, no problem but you cannot have spiritual development , you cannot get closer to Allah Subhanahu wa Taala living in such a polluted atmosphere. Overall Muslims in india are not united. Lots of bidah, shirk goes on e.g dargahs, mazhar etc.
There are a lot of things I can tell but my conclusion is that if you want to live in a good Muslim community in India, you can be in Kerela and also Kashmir. These 2 states have Muslim majority. Dont ever live in Northern India and Gujarat, a lot of innovated sects.
Eastern India is also a good place to live, especially now the Muslims are raising their voice and less influence by communal parties like BJP, RSS, Shiv Sena, Durga Bahina etc. But internal communal forces like AGP and its allies, AASU etc are anti-islamic. A lot of harm has been done to the Muslim community due to these ignorant people.
wa/salam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Assalamu aleikum
First of all I want to say that I'm muslim but I was born in Russia and lived there for 18 years,then I converted to Islam.
I lived among muslims in russia,we have so many muslims in my country and many people love them and live in peace with them. I agree that Russia is big and in many parts of russia people may be take islam differently.I lived closed to the southern russian muslim countries ,like Kazakhstan <Kirgikhstan ....In my school I had many muslim friends.Our culture is very mixed with muslim culture and traditions also.U cannot understand and believe it may be until u are there.

I know that people may be just know moscow and think that Russia is like that.No,its not ,we have many muslims and we leave in peace with them.
i know because of what's happening in chechenia people think that all russians hate muslims.This is all about politics and government.They make wars.Actually I haven't been in my country for 4 years ,may be now its different.But as I remember from my childhood the part of russia where i lived is very close to muslim culture...
salam

As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu sister
I agree with you that Russia is huge country and many people might have different views about Islam and Muslim culture. Alhamdulillah that before embracing Islam you have lived among Muslims.
But there is a growing misunderstanding and misconception about Chechnya and its people. you are right in mentioning that its the government and its people who make these wars, but there are a lot of people who support the government and its actions. In addition to that , there are a lot of munafiqs like Ramzan Kadyrov who do not support our brothers and sisters in Chechnya but instead help the kremlin regime to kill innocent Muslims.
I have met and talked with Chechen Muslim brothers, and Alhamdulillah I have first hand information of what is going on there. Allahu Akbar, you have mentioned the correct thing about the government out there who are imperialists and kill innocent people in Chechnya. But I am sorry sister, condition has not yet improved.
May Allah help our brothers and sisters, wherever they are under oppression and being invaded upon.
wa/salam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
An-Nisa 4:78
"Wherever ye are, death will find you out, even if ye are in towers built up strong and high!" If some good befalls them, they say, "This is from Allah.; but if evil, they say, "This is from thee" (O Prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah." But what hath come to these people, that they fail to understand a single fact?

If we all muslims corner ourselves and escape the hardship, what about the delivery of Allah's (swt) message to those who are unaware of it?

Wallahu alam

Wassalam