'As A Jew' I'm 'Ashamed'

saif

:salam2: BrotherInIslam
You arguments about sisters have been answered by brother Azam already. Here are my comments on two other points you made.

:salam2:

I believe Shaikh Moutasem al-Hameedy addressed the issue briefly in his program 'Inspirations' on Huda Tv. I wasn't fortunate enough to watch it. So you can look into it, if it interests you.

:wasalam:

This is the blind taqleed of scholars in its purest form. You have not heard him, you don't know what his arguments were, yet you know whatever he could have said was correct and all others are wrong. This shouldn't be the behavior of a ghair-maqallad like your kind self.

Btw, you do realise that Gaza has borders with a muslim country who has closed its borders ?

Partly because of the virtue of the fataawa issued by scholars of your denomination and partly due to the tyranny of the government, the muslims in Egypt are unable to induldge in the "bid'a" of political demonstration against sealing the border to Gaza. Since an open kufr of Husni mubarak is not known to me, any other initiatives are out of question. I hope, however, that following the "Manhaj of correcting the rulers", you have performed your duty and have written a secret letter to Husni Mubarak, requesting him to open the border to Gaza. Afterall it is "our" duty to give the rulers a good advice.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
BROTHERINISLAM7 AND OTHERS WHO AGREE WITH HIM - I definately dont and am with those who find the reasons put forward by you as weak hearted and sentimental and intellectual ranting at the sametime.

you are worried that what the kuffar would have done to the sisters on board - (the sisters who were more brave than us men sitting behind the safety of our computer screens-) where is your concernabout 'our sisters' in palestine who go through this humiliation for decades now and what about those who are tortured in abu gharib and prisons like the same.

these people on flotilla knew what they were going into-so that sissies like you and me realize and wake up. if that happens that will be the greatest achievement of those martyrs.

and remember that Thawbaan (radhiAllaahu ‘anhu) related that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, "The nations are about to call each other and set upon you, just as the diners set upon food." It was said, ‘Will it be because of our small number that day?’ He said, "Rather, on that day you will be many, but you will be like foam, like the foam on the ocean. And Allaah will remove the fear of you from the hearts of your enemies and will throw Wahn (weakness) into your hearts." Someone said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah! What is Wahn?’ He said, "Love of the world and hatred for death."4
” O you who believe, when you meet an enemy, be firm, and remember Allah much, that you may be successful. And obey Allah and His Apostle. And fall with no disputes, lest ye falter and your strength fail; but be steadfast! For Allah is with those who patiently persevere. Be not as those who came forth from their dwellings boastfully. And to be seen of men and debar (men) from the way of Allah. And Allah encompasses what they do” (viii. 45-46).

So the people who try to reason and weigh the pros and cons are 'weak hearted' ? :rolleyes:

So your reasoning is basically, since our sisters are being tortured in Palestine, lets take sister *activists* aboard with us on a civilian ship (without their mahram in many cases) without even thinking about their safety.

I am sorry, but I don't think you will either be able to justify that Islamically or convince any fair minded person.

In the verses you quoted, you spoke about obeying Allah and His Apostle. Yet have we even sought to find the answers to our problems from the Quran and teachings of the Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wasallam ?

This is the blind taqleed of scholars in its purest form. You have not heard him, you don't know what his arguments were, yet you know whatever he could have said was correct and all others are wrong. This shouldn't be the behavior of a ghair-maqallad like your kind self.

So akhi saif, if you would want to know the Islamic response to a certain situation, who would you look for answers ?

Listening to scholars who have knowledge of the Seerah and other fields of study in Islam, would help us to understand our faith better and perhaps we can apply some of the knowledge in our own personal lives.

I have noticed from your previous posts on TTI that you have an open agenda to discredit and tarnish our mashaykh hafidhahullah taala. I would advise you to fear Allah subhaanaho waa taala & not spread your hate-filled propaganda on this webforum.

I would encourage you to listen to this Jumuah Khutbah.

Love and Respect for the Sahabah and the Ulema

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

abu'muhammad

BROTHERINISLAM7 AND OTHERS WHO AGREE WITH HIM - I definately dont and am with those who find the reasons put forward by you as weak hearted and sentimental and intellectual ranting at the sametime.

you are worried that what the kuffar would have done to the sisters on board - (the sisters who were more brave than us men sitting behind the safety of our computer screens-) where is your concernabout 'our sisters' in palestine who go through this humiliation for decades now and what about those who are tortured in abu gharib and prisons like the same.

these people on flotilla knew what they were going into-so that sissies like you and me realize and wake up. if that happens that will be the greatest achievement of those martyrs.

and remember that Thawbaan (radhiAllaahu ‘anhu) related that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, "The nations are about to call each other and set upon you, just as the diners set upon food." It was said, ‘Will it be because of our small number that day?’ He said, "Rather, on that day you will be many, but you will be like foam, like the foam on the ocean. And Allaah will remove the fear of you from the hearts of your enemies and will throw Wahn (weakness) into your hearts." Someone said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah! What is Wahn?’ He said, "Love of the world and hatred for death."4
” O you who believe, when you meet an enemy, be firm, and remember Allah much, that you may be successful. And obey Allah and His Apostle. And fall with no disputes, lest ye falter and your strength fail; but be steadfast! For Allah is with those who patiently persevere. Be not as those who came forth from their dwellings boastfully. And to be seen of men and debar (men) from the way of Allah. And Allah encompasses what they do” (viii. 45-46).

Assalaamu alaykum ,

Akhi, its not a normal voyage - trip to gaza. People should think of all possible results that could come and the ways to face them. Its one of the problem with us that we have senti approach where there is necessity to reason and apply thinking. Rather we bury reality under it.

Please keep good opinions for others where there is a room for difference.

Its negligence to make an analogy as made that interprets ‘The sisters in Palestine are not well-treated so lets go with wagons and call for martyrdom to demonstrate our concern for them’ ! the things how-ever, alhamdulillah needs proper outlook, and subhanAllaah We all have concerns for the weak and mazloomins.

What I begun to say with is Its never a good that those who go for help have to keep themselves in danger. There are strategies that too Islaam teaches when meeting an enemy or going to their areas.

Waalaykum salaam.

saif

So akhi saif, if you would want to know the Islamic response to a certain situation, who would you look for answers ?

Listening to scholars who have knowledge of the Seerah and other fields of study in Islam, would help us to understand our faith better and perhaps we can apply some of the knowledge in our own personal lives.

I have noticed from your previous posts on TTI that you have an open agenda to discredit and tarnish our mashaykh hafidhahullah taala. I would advise you to fear Allah subhaanaho waa taala & not spread your hate-filled propaganda on this webforum.

I would encourage you to listen to this Jumuah Khutbah.

This is bohtaan. Fear Allah. No further comments.

I take everything from scholars seriously but never turn off my own head. I respect them but do not worship them.

Of course you go to scholars, when you need to ask something. My comments were addressing the special situation, where you were opposing others and favouring a certain opinion, which you had not heard from a scholar yourself, nor did you know the exact arguments about.

mezeren

This is an example of a emotional response. One which often is the most ill conceived and ill planned idea.

Rather, if someone convinces the Egyptian govt to open the borders from their side, it would open a route for aid to go into Gaza regularly.

But we are instead busy 'breaking the seige' from Israel's waterways. 'Making a statement' is what we care more about these days. Shouting, burning flags, chanting slogans on the street etc etc.

There is no doubt that they are plenty of muslims who care passionately about Islam & plight of fellow muslims. Yet when we take action or try to find a solution, we copy the ways of Kuffar, relegating the scholars to the backseat. It is like we have to ape the kuffar and show our plight to them, to find solutions to our problems. What ever happened to finding the solutions from our deen ? Or even abiding by our deen for a start ?

Not to forget total disregard to 'Politics in light of Islam'. Oh yea, we do have something in our deen about it !

The only thing this incident did is to show how clueless and hopeless we are. In addition to how much we require the 'pity' of the kuffar, to showcase that we are being exploited/wronged against.

May Allah subhaanaho waa ta'ala help us and guide us. Ameen

Assalamun Aleykum,

Dear brother,first of all,i have to tell you that you are not well informed about the situation and what happened afterward.

The ships have been attacked some 70 miles off the cost on international water not the israel's water which is 12 miles.

it was not an ill planned idea or there was nothing ill about it.The aim of the flotilla was not only carryying the aids to Gaza but to put an end to the unlawfull and cruel embargo on people of Gaza.i would call it noble,actually.

if you follow what happens in the region,the same organization ,IHH, tried to bring aids to Gaza through Rafah border of Egypt before.You should search for what happened at the time.They were hold for days and had been refused to get to Gaza,and after,Egyption goverment had been pressured immensly they finally let them in,when it was time to leave, aid volunteers were threatened to be prisoned by Egyption goverment.

The thing about listening to scholars on the matter,well,it's not a religious matter and one could have his/her opinion as well as any scholar.When there is two opposite opinions from two different scholar,then what are we going to do?Eventually,we have to use our intelligence.

if one said that this last attempt did not change anything,i would say again they were not informed well.This is a turning point in the region and its' effects will be seen day by day.israel have been condemned like never before,every one says the seige to gaza is unlawwful and have to be lifted,even the U.S. had to say that.Egypt have opened its border to Gaza and let the goods in.U.N. is about to form an international committee to investigate the event,etc.And,maybe,the most important one,Turkey's relations with israel have been severed to an unrepairable degree.There are even rumors about Turkey's Prime Minester going to Gaza by sea with the support of warships.

Lastly,people on those ships deserve to be respected for their courage,and those who died deserve our prayers.don't you think so?

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Waa'laykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Indeed, they do deserve our prayers. Our whole ummah is actually in need of dua'a.

Whether their efforts are a success or not, we, Muslims outside of Palestine are actually telling; 'shouting' to our brothers and sisters in Gaza that They are not alone in this battle.

Wassalam.

dna1987

Muslim Guy

How long is the aid on these flotilla ships going to last ? 1 month ? How many people would it serve ? A small tiny % of people.

This is an example of a emotional response. One which often is the most ill conceived and ill planned idea.

Rather, if someone convinces the Egyptian govt to open the borders from their side, it would open a route for aid to go into Gaza regularly.

But we are instead busy 'breaking the seige' from Israel's waterways. 'Making a statement' is what we care more about these days. Shouting, burning flags, chanting slogans on the street etc etc.

There were 10,000 tons of medical aid, wheel chairs and food on those ships. The population of Gaza is about 1.6 million. It would last longer than a month, especially things like wheelchairs.

Your point is good. But we should be doing both. And more, for example, convincing the Jordanians to be tougher with the Israelis rather than bending over backwards for them.

The Flotilla was a good thing in that it has done a LOT of publicity damage to Israel. Many more people are now aware of what the people in Gaza are going through. This very thread, and this discussion we are having now is due to this recent event.

In fact, under all this temporary pressure, Egypt has temporarily opened up their blockade on Gaza, although it's not sure for how long.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/137818