Asalaam Alaykum from a new Muslimah

NajlahF

Asalaam Alaykum everyone!

I am a new member and a fairly new Muslim. I am searching for more information on wearing hijab and meeting some new sisters. I am 31, and a student living in California. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Ma Salaama,
Najlah :hijabi:

hambaAllah

welcome you ,, sis

:bismillah:
:salam2: sis
welcome to TTI, when u click search in this website n key in the word hijab it will bring u to a few topics concerning hijab,, hope this help,, hope u gain more islamic knowledge n increased in eeman :inshallah:
:wasalam: :hijabi:

MeLissa

Asalaam Alaikum,

I as well am a new Muslimah, having only said Shadah 2 days ago. I still haven't figured out how to put on a square hijab, so when I bought one, I purchased an Al-amira hijab, which is pre-sewn, you just need to slip it on and go about your business. I hope this helps, unless you are looking for reasons on why we wear hijab, and then you should take your advice from a person with much more knowledge then I have. Also, we are sister's living in sister states. I am in Oregon. :)

MeLissa :hijabi:

aicha-moslima

Salaam alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe

Dear sister Najlah and sister Melissa,

Welcome to this wonderful community.
I'm very happy for you that you found the straight path. May Allah (Subhana wa ta'alla) guide you on your journey and give you all the knowledge you need insha'Allah...ameen.
May you both enjoy your stay here.
I'm very happy to 'again' have two more sisters. Djazak Allahoe Ghairan (may Allah (Subhana wa ta'alla) reward you).

Wa salaamoe alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe
Your sister, from Holland, in Islam, Aicha

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum sister Najlah

I am your little sister from Finland. Welcome to this wonderfull path called Islam.

:muslim_child:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome sister, masha'Allah it's so great to hear that you want to obey to Allah (swt) and his orders.
May Allah (swt) help you and reward you.

AishaR

Welcome to the site sister. There is lots of info on hijab here but if you want to ask a more sensitive question, feel free to ask in the sisters section.

:wasalam:

marildu

Assalamu Alaikum,
Welcome
I've been wearing hijab almost two months I think. I forget. It's been an interesting journey and I've end up caught up and almost being strangled by a piece of georgette :p But hijab really is a wonderful thing.
www.thecanadianmuslim.ca has WONDERFUL videos as to how to wear hijab. The one posted up above is just one of them. They have one for square hijabs, al-amiras, oblong hijabs, and one piece shaylas. They are very informative and have helped me very much.
They are also a wonderful company for buying hijabs from. It is a little more expensive than other sites however. Some of their hijabs I find a little too flashy to be modest but there are a good amount of not so bright and wild ones.

http://www.hijabs-r-us.com/
also has some nice step by step pictures

Tamer

Dear sister welcome to the forum , and I wish you to learn so much from here , together with us.
Allah hafiz

:wasalam:

shasha

Muslimah
As-salam alaykum. :) For some reason, I couldn't create a new thread so I decided to just use this thread. It's kinda related anyway. I hope that's ok. :)

I am a Muslim sister from California. I recently did my shahada (a week ago). I was hoping to find Muslim sisters here in California who I can ask questions about Islam, especially, regarding women in Islam.

Before I converted, I read issues like how new converts struggle to adjust because they don't have any Muslim friends or support group. TTI has been a great help, but, I was hoping to meet more Muslim sisters in person. :hijabi:

Anybody here from California? I'm from Cypress City (Orange County).

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Walekum Salam sister Najlah and sister MeLissa
Welcome to TTI... May u benefit from this site InshAllah... May Allah make it easy 4 u to wear hijab InshAllah... Congrats sister MeLissa.. Happy 2 have u as our sister in Islam.. May Allah make it easy and bring ur eman much stronger.. Amenn :)
Enjoy ur stay here :D

amoola

Assalaam alaykum dear sister, welcome to Islam :ma:, I'm very happy for u that u converted may allah swt shower u with his blessings ameen :hijabi: