Assalam... Am a new member... Am in need of a n advice... please help me...

vian

Assalmu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu...

I am seriously in need of an advice. I am a muslim and respect the religion Islam. I really feel very much blessed to be born as a Muslim.

N coming to my problem...I like a non-muslim guy n he likes me too n we want to marry.I know am not suppose to do this.But... :( Please help me out in this regard so that i could take a gud decision which would please Allah(SWT) n me...

Allah Hafiz...

dianne

I am seriously in need of an advice. I am a muslim and respect the religion Islam. I really feel very much blessed to be born as a Muslim.

N coming to my problem...I like a non-muslim guy n he likes me too n we want to marry.I know am not suppose to do this.But... :( Please help me out in this regard so that i could take a gud decision which would please Allah(SWT) n me...

Allah Hafiz...

Salam sister,

Its very hard for u huh? i face it before,solat istikharah is good for u,Allah swt will answer u,insyaallah!

Wassalam

samiha

---------
Staff member

I know am not suppose to do this.

Allah Hafiz...

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Not meaning to be rude or anything, but sis, what more is to be said in this regard?

I agree though, that it might be hard many many times to do the right thing. Make istikaarah if you wish, see what Allah has planned for you. Meanwhile, gain knowledge of Islaam, Tawheed, Aqeedah, Paradise, Hellfire, then of Halal / Haraam, it may help insha'allah :)

wasalam

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam

Walaikum assalaam

Sister

first and foremost we shall look at at things by the means that we are tested and on day we will die and be accountable for our deeds. this like is of merrly 70 to 80 years. and it is not for sure that the death will only come after that. People even die in accidents in very early age. so you have to be carefull oof what you chooose and what you leave. from a islamic prespective you have to look at these things and decide for youself. have a look at these lecture the link below

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14854

salaam allaikum.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Assalamu Alaykum

Welcome to the Family & Site, hope your stay here at TTI is very beneficial.

wasalam

Welcome to the Family & Site, hope your stay here at TTI is very beneficial.

wasalam

zakariya

Allah Hafiz...

hlo hi i jast want to say to u love some one u dont now what happing to u tomorrow is not love to run a way u god or allah to give u life and way u go to
haram and halal so way u love allah more u do for human
couse human no made to u human come and go
but allah was is tay with u for ever
so think about it we men we tel women we love u and we use beuatifull word
to say anteal she comind awar hand so if u want to marry this guy bush him back anteal he become a muslim if he love with u if he dont than dont black sheep u self love and this world is 2 short and devile doing hes job and he love doas hate tham self and he fight doas love tham selfs
so way all this strange thinks is popping to u becouse devile was shakiing u heart and teling u to marry kafir men and if u marry or not steal is the sam

so dont be a red and blue tomorrow i mean here after

masalama

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)

Allah Hafiz...

Assalamualycum sis,

I suppose u know that Marriage with non muslims is not prmissible.

If that guy is ready to revert to Islam then it is ok.But if he want to revert to Islam bcoz he loves you,then I dnt think it is of any worth.Bcoz people revert to islam in the love of Allah and due to the fear of Allah.

I thnk the love of Allah is every thing.

I think you paretnts can solve this problem better than any one else.

I advice you to see this video once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUaKHWaejtk

Sorry If came accros rude.

Wasalam.

Aisha muslima

As salam alaykum, I read a true story about a young italian man non muslim that would marry a muslim girl. Now, he asks to a imam to give him the certificate of conversion, and the imam tells him: "I can give you this, but is a nonsense if you don' t take a little knowledge of Islam. Come to my lesson and learn, and then I give you the certificate." Then a few days later, he become a muslim, and made shahada in front of many people and says:"Many people like me approachs to Islam because they loves a muslim, but if we revert to Islam, is only for the love of Allah that guides us!" Many people that assist to his shahada, cryes... Then, dear sister, talk to him about our religion. InshaLlah he will understands the truth, and inshaLlah your problems will becomes a memory... If he will don't understand, you will can decide clearly the right decision to take for your life.

Salam wa rahmatuLlah.

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

I agree with Aisha, make dawah with him and teach him Islam. I was previously dating a Muslim man (yes, :astag:) before I converted and it was a variety of things that brought me to study Islam... one of them being that he told me if he ever had kids they would have to be raised Muslim. Maybe bringing that up will get him to study the religion. :ma: We are both now practicing Muslims planning to get married, insha'Allah.

Also, please be aware of the leanings of your own mind, as hard as that might be. There are many pitfalls with westernized relationships such as enjoying the feeling of love so much that we are blinded to the reality in front of us. We see that beauty and joy that feels so good, but don't look at more logical things that in the long run are more important. This is why you see women going for men that talk nice, but can't hold a job. Or men that go for women who are beautiful but might not be a responsible mother. I'm not saying that it is all bad, but we must be careful for these things... this is just a sliver of the pie on why this is forbidden in Islam.

abdulrazaq

sallam aleilum sister

u may love him today,but what about tomorow?loves for human comes and goes but love for allah is for ever.forget him if he dosnt convert.cause life is to short

Globalpeace

Banned
Choices! Choices!

Allah Hafiz...

W-Salam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu Sister,

I have no idea how old you are but a few things first.

1) When you are younger, hormones are raging and you can easily interpret a CRUSH for LOVE!

2) Depending on your family circumstances, emotional and mental state you can often mistake someone sympathetic towards you (and showing kindness) to mean LOVE!

3) Are you truly in LOVE???

In Islam obedience to Allah (SWT) is paramount to the point that you are SUPPOSED to DISOBEY everyone else for the sake of OBEDIENCE to Allah (SWT), that includes your parents, your relatives, your brothers/sisters, your children & your love.

LOVE in Islam is ONLY permissible WHEN it conforms to the Qur’aan/Sunnah and unfortunately in your case it doesn’t.

Dear Respected Sister in Islam! You have two choices (that is if you are truly in LOVE!):

1) Present Islam to the man and perform Nikah with him and strengthen your bond of love, devotion and dedication to this man of your heart

2) Reject him for the sake of Allah if he rejects Islam & your reward will be paradise with width greater then the heavens & the Earth.

Lets discuss choice (2) first:

Allah (SWT) says in the Qur’aan (first verse of the 4th Juz (Para):

You CANNOT attain PIETY UNTIL you sacrifice of WHAT you LOVE!

Think about the above verse, this could be YOUR TICKET to building a relationship with Allah (SWT). Strong faith, piety requires sacrifice & this is YOUR CHANCE!

A Hadeeth of Rausl-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) says:

Abu Ya'la Shaddad ibn Aws reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The intelligent man is the one who subjugates himself and works for what will come after death. The stupid man is the one who follows his own whims and hopes that his desires will be gratified by Allah." [at-Tirmidhi]

Again! Your chance to Paradise as I said is HERE & NOW!

This could become a GOLDEN OPPURTUNITY for you.

Lets discuss choice (1) now:

In my humble and unqualified opinion marrying this guy EVEN AFTER he becomes Muslim presents colossal responsibility, i.e. you have to look after yourself and you have to look after your man (who is new to Islam, new in the community etc. etc. etc.).

Looking after a Revert when they are new is never easy.

Looking after a Revert man is even harder.

If you believe that you are responsible, sensible and mature enough to handle the enormous responsibilities then go for it!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister we have had many threads on inter-faith marriages. There is a plethora of information and law on this subject.
It seems you want to hear it from the heart.
So here I go: If you marry him...and he does not convert ..things will go well for a while..but you will carry a void with you. The little things in a relationship that build out of faith will not be there. One of the building blocks of marriage is respect. If you marry a Muslim brother...his blood carries respect for Muslims i.e your family. I am not taking away from this man...I have no right to...I am making a very general statement. If he can not revert now...he will make demands in the future which will be against your wishes. The realtionship will be similar to swimming upstream. You will always be struggling. When you have children...the problems really surface. Are you strong enough to fight his family to raise them as you wish...this causes all kinds of friction.
If he reverts and is sincere it will be a blessing. However, if he reverts in name only you have to be the strong one. This is where culture comes in. If you live in a predominately non-Islamic land...you lose. His culture will dominate his religion.
I am going to make a statement that many will disagree with but it is the truth. Marriage has nothing to do with love. Love is a by-product of marriage. Love is a blessing of the sacrifices of marriage. Love is not the sweet fragrance of rose petals on your bed; love is not found in a night of dancing; love is not looking into his eyes and seeing forever...that is a very restricted definition of love. Love is sacrifice with a smile; love is discipline...getting up to say fajr prayers; love is looking at his imperfections and forgiving them for you are blessed with a husband. Love is not needing or wanting anything for Allah subhana talla has given to us out of His Mercy.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
That was some really good advice there GP; I learnt something new and valuable from it (won't tell what! :p) too, even though it was not addressed towards me. JazakAllah khayr. Salam alaikum.

EDIT: Just my empathic opinion - sis, if you really like the guy, then try for option One - tell him about Islam. Otherwise, try and move on.

LIFE4ALLAH

Whatever the heart says ...we have to suprees the love for any other things in front of love of Allah subhanatal.

That is real sucess in this life and life Hereafter.

TiffanyM

I want you to know that Islam was introduced to me by my exboyfriend. He is a muslim and I was raised in a christian home. We broke up because it was not right to have a serious relationship without being married. We are very close friends now. From him becoming more involved in his belief my heart opened up to Islam. I learned that my belief in One God, Allah followed Islam religion and not christianity. I never believed in the trinity. Everyday I pray and learn more about Islam. Anything is possible, Allah only knows what the future holds for us. Maybe his heart will open up to Islam.

VeryHappyMuslim

:astag:
dear sister..
first i want to ask you what is your goal in life ?
ask him if he want to convert to islam if he realy loves you he will do it else
leave him allah may give you another better.

please read this chapter of curan surate al mujadalah:

لَا تَجِدُ قَوْمًا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآَخِرِ يُوَادُّونَ مَنْ حَادَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَلَوْ كَانُوا آَبَاءَهُمْ أَوْ أَبْنَاءَهُمْ أَوْ إِخْوَانَهُمْ أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ أُولَئِكَ كَتَبَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمُ الْإِيمَانَ وَأَيَّدَهُمْ بِرُوحٍ مِنْهُ وَيُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ أُولَئِكَ حِزْبُ اللَّهِ أَلَا إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ

Thou wilt not find any people who believe in ALLAH and the Last Day and yet they love those who oppose ALLAH and His Messenger, even though they be their fathers, or their sons, or their brethren, or their kindred. These are they in whose hearts ALLAH has inscribed true faith and whom HE has strengthened with inspiration from Himself. And HE will admit them into Gardens through which streams flow. Therein they will abide; ALLAH is well-pleased with them and they are well-pleased with HIM. They are ALLAH's party. Hearken ! it is ALLAH's party who are the successful.

:astag:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

Allah Hafiz...

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Sister,

I would suggest you, go for the marriage with that nonMuslim guy, after all you like him more than Allah SWT and his Prophet (SAW). Right? No?

If you give preference to your relation with your creator over any other relation, then rest assured that marrying a nonMuslim is never ever an option. It will be just to buy hellfire forever for the sake of your few days of excitement with that nonMuslim.

Better try avoiding him and try to understand the abnormal situation (As pointed by brother GlobalPeace too)

Wassalaam

Amirah84

Salaam,

Marriage has nothing to do with love. Love is a by-product of marriage. Love is a blessing of the sacrifices of marriage. Love is not the sweet fragrance of rose petals on your bed; love is not found in a night of dancing; love is not looking into his eyes and seeing forever...that is a very restricted definition of love. Love is sacrifice with a smile; love is discipline...getting up to say fajr prayers; love is looking at his imperfections and forgiving them for you are blessed with a husband. Love is not needing or wanting anything for Allah subhana talla has given to us out of His Mercy.

MashaAllah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this, sister mirajmom. Such wise words and so true. I have been dealing with some marriage "counselling" troubles etc from friends and family and this is what they need to understand. It's about sacrifice and hard-work . It's a companionship, and probably the tougest one.

tnaama2

essalamoaleikoum.
:SMILY286: 1st of all i wanna answer to the people they re trying to help another sister.
stop beeing hepocrit please by telling her praye salat el estikhara allah will answer you. the answer is in the coran (haraaaaaaam) for a moslim woman to marry a non moslem man be honest and direct if you want to answer these kind of question thank you wa esllamoaleikoum.

Globalpeace

Banned
Prohibition of Muslim women marrying Non-Muslim men in the Qur'aan

essalamoaleikoum.
:SMILY286: 1st of all i wanna answer to the people they re trying to help another sister.
stop beeing hepocrit please by telling her praye salat el estikhara allah will answer you. the answer is in the coran (haraaaaaaam) for a moslim woman to marry a non moslem man be honest and direct if you want to answer these kind of question thank you wa esllamoaleikoum.

Asslamo Allaikum,

Prohibition of Muslim women marrying Idol Worshippers in the Qur'aan:

[2:221] Do not marry the polytheist women, unless they come to believe (in Islam); a Muslim slave-girl is better than a polytheist woman, even though she may attract you; and do not give (your women) in marriage to polytheist men, unless they come to believe; a Muslim slave is better than a polytheist, even though he may attract you. They invite to the Fire when Allah invites, by His will, to Paradise, and to forgiveness. He makes His verses clear to the people, so that they may heed the advice.

Prohibition of Muslim women marrying ANY Non-Muslims in the Qur'aan:

[60:10] O you who believe, when the believing women come to you as emigrants, put them to a test. Allah knows best about their faith. So, if you find them faithful, do not send them back to the disbelievers. 3 Neither these (women) are lawful for them, nor are those (disbelievers) lawful for these (women). And give them (the disbelievers) that (dower) which they had paid (to these women). And there is no sin for you if you marry them, when you give them their dowers. And do not hold on to the ties of marriage with the disbelieving women, and ask (their new Non-Muslim husbands to pay to you) that (dower) which you had paid (to your previous wives), and they (the previous Non-Muslim husbands of the Muslim women) should ask (their new Muslim husbands) to pay that (dower) which they had paid (to their previous wives). That is the decision of Allah. He decides between you. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Permissibility of Muslim Men marrying Jew & Christian Women in the Qur'aan:
[5:5] This day, good things have been made lawful for you. The food of the people of the Book is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them, and good women from among believers, and good women from among those who were given the Book before you, provided you give them their dowers, binding yourself in marriage, neither going for lust, nor having paramours. Whoever rejects Faith, his effort will go to waste and, in the Hereafter, he will be among the losers.

Before you go on a further tangent! I am PERSONALLY DEAD-SET AGAINST MUSLIM MEN MARRYING JEW OR CHRISTIAN WOMEN! I fully understand that there are a lot of Sisters who come into Islam through relationship with a Muslim man and I appreciate that, but in my humble experience & knowledge most of these are ISLAMICALLY IMPERMISSABLE RELATIONSHIPS,which end up in the Sister embracing Islam....COMPLETELY & UTTERLY different to MARRYING a Jew or Christian women accoring to Qur'aan & Sunnah!