August 6, 1945

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brothers and sisters let us not forget what the Japanese went through in Hiroshima on this day.

fagie

but what i kept hearing from my grandfather is how the Japanese treat the people in my country far much worst than the European colonist treat us, during those time of course.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I do not know what to say...that is a very personal view...that has nothing to do with the horror of Hirroshima...please read your history...they were ready to surrender..these were children and women...all the Japanese I know are kind and gentle.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum mirajmom.
I know that you're one of the older members on TTI; before I clicked on this thread, I thought you had created a thread with your date of birth as the title. Lol. Sorry! :( Feeling kinda silly now for thinking its anything other than the WW2 Hiroshima (and Nagasaki) incident. Take care.

saba urooj

//
Salam alaikum mirajmom.
I know that you're one of the older members on TTI; before I clicked on this thread, I thought you had created a thread with your date of birth as the title. Lol. Sorry! :( Feeling kinda silly now for thinking its anything other than the WW2 Hiroshima (and Nagasaki) incident. Take care.
//
LOL:lol:

YES when i was in school they made us bow r head in silence for the victoms of hiroshima for 2min.......but strangly coz u hv pointed out this date.....i jus remembered its my elder sis b'day........oppppppppppps i got 2 wish her now..........
bye:lol:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I said I am old; I am not ancient. However, I am now using my senior citizen discounts whereever I can.
Honey, I still look like a young 35 year old!!!! To make you laugh...you know I am a pest ( I am waiting until 8:30 am EST..to call my senators and congressmen to complain about obama and trando ( whatever his name his) and to ask for the release of Dr. Sami Al-Arian)...anyway I ruined everyone's Christmas party the day I was born..I am a Christmas eve baby...

On the serious side...we as Muslims must remember we took no part in the horror of August 6, 1945. We are not responsible for the genocide. We are people of honor and wish peace to our Japanese brothers and sisters.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

I agree with Aapa. We are people of honour, truth, tranquility and justice. There were many Japanese Muslims who lost their lives on this tragic day.

wa/salam

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
they were ready to surrender..

salam, well that's not true at all. That's the way history is usually told in the primary school, I went trough many history lessons at the University(my teacher was the headmaster of poloitical Sciences section) and i 've also met the Japanese ambassador in Riyadh long time ago, and both of them told me that the second world war was costing too much to the U. S..The japanese never meant to surrender,it is not on their mentality, they prefer to get suicide. And first of all, Japan was getting the biggest ressources of oilin all the Pacific area.It is like saying that Darfour is a humanitarian problem.!Do you do know that the biggest ressources of oil in all that part of the world are meant to be in Darfour,why do you think that the states obliged the Soudani gouvernment to bring peace to this region? When I'll found my documentation I'll send it to you inch'AllahSalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please brothers and sisters do not buy into revisionist history. History is always written after the fact. America had a choice. President Truman was advised by many, including the Eggheads at Los Alamos, not to strike the INNOCENT. However, the Japanese were taught a lesson. Muslims wake up!!!!

My post was to simply honor the souls who were used as testing material for the invinicible Americans. Even, the father of the "military-industrial complex, Gen. Dwight Eisenhower pleaded with Truman not to drop the bomb.

Muslims let us not be political but be Muslims and show the best of manners,

with love,
your aapa.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: I never said that there were not a thousand of dead people!You wrote that the Japanese people were to surrend. I'm not revisionist at all and it has been written by the most known historians that the second world was costing too much to the american government and I don't think they cared by those days about innocent lifes more than they do nowadays. HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE WINNERS,anyone with commun sense knows that. Anyway if you don't believe just make some researches and you will see that those days Japan (before the world was finish)was occupating the Ocean Pacific areas where there was OIL. You seem to be a very knowlegde sister, but believe me I have study too, so please respect the others.It is the first time someone call me a revisionist. just an exemple:I'm 31 and i have live during 15 years in South America(many country like Argentina ,Uruguay Peru,brazil)because my dad was a diplomat. Well during all this time we used to learn :Cristobal Colon was the first to ever reach the American continent. Well, if you go to the Madrid University site and ask for information, you can read that many notorious scholars have written that THE MUSLIMS ARRIVED FIRST.
DON't want to be impolite, english is not my mother tongue, but i'm not used to talk about something if i do not know what i'm talking about. I know what that will cost me the jugdement day. Fi Amanillah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My post is simply to honor the innocent dead.

This is a good article:http://www.antiwar.com/henderson/?articleid=11405.
I am not attacking anyone. I stand by what was happened. Yes, winners write history to justify thier actions.
However, the decision to bomb was an evil choice. Japan was losing the war. Even Douglas McArthur disagreed with the decision because dropping a bomb is not an honorable way to win. The scientist who developed the bombs under Robert Oppenheimer were aghast. Please do not take this personally. I am not.

InshaAllah, I will light a candle tonight with my sons.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
hmmm.....it is easy to look back sixty years and make armchair quarterback decisions about what should have been done. The propaganda of the Japanese government at the time was that the americans would rape the women and then kill all the adults and probably send the children to slave labor camps. The Japanese were not inclined to surrender. Look at the mass suicide on Saipan for example.

Regardless, it was a time of massive war. The decision was made based on fatality estimates. How many japanese & american lives would be taken by an invasion. In a war, your own people come first. An invasion would have cost millions of american lives. The one nuclear strike was not any more destructive than conventional firebombing, actually, it was less devastating than what the allies unleashed at dresden. So, as an american whose grandfathers were both fighting the japanese in the pacific with the marines, I am thankful that the war was ended quickly and decisively.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

thats made me laugh out loud...1945?! haha :D :D

(sorry sister mirajmom...dont worry i never thought it was your DOB)

anyway, yes, we NEVER had any silences for the victims of the Atomic Bombs, it was more the attitude 'It was the only way the second world war could have ever come to an end' and 'it was nasty but it had to be done'....talk about SICK propaganda in schools right? My Japanese tutor told us alot about how Japan remembers the dead, but that wasnt on the language curriculum, it was just me asking about it on the side. On the real curriculum, in history, we were told it was an entirely necessary tactic of war.

abit like this:

The Japanese were not inclined to surrender. Look at the mass suicide on Saipan for example.
and this:
The decision was made based on fatality estimates. How many japanese & american lives would be taken by an invasion. In a war, your own people come first. An invasion would have cost millions of american lives.

...phew...i feel like im back at that place right now from reading those posts...:SMILY26: :SMILY26:

Its the most illogical argument ever put forth in the justification of slaughtering thousands upon thousands of innocent people.

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My brothers and sisters..today is the fifth anniversary of my father's demise. In a sense I was thinking of him, too. I just wanted a noble moment to honor innoncent lives. For one moment, I do not wish to be political. Forgive me.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Salaam,

My brothers and sisters..today is the fifth anniversary of my father's demise. In a sense I was thinking of him, too. I just wanted a noble moment to honor innoncent lives. For one moment, I do not wish to be political. Forgive me.

Dearest sister, May Allah bless your dad's soul, forgive him all his sins and accept him with those who are righteous. Ameen

In Islam there is no any justification at all for killing any innocent soul. Allah said: 32- "Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.

dianne

Salam brother & sister,

Here is a news of my country about the attack - (Thread just for sharing)

A-bomb survivor a peace advocate

PENANG: Having survived the horrors of the world’s first atomic bombing in Hiroshima 62 years ago, educator Datuk Abdul Razak Abdul Hamid is a firm advocate of peace.

“My main plea to all is: Don’t quarrel, don’t fight. Fights lead to war. Even at home, we should teach our children not to quarrel or fight with their siblings. Anything can be resolved through discussions,” said the 82-year-old sole Malaysian survivor of the Hiroshima bombing.

He was speaking to reporters yesterday after Malaysian Medical Association Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War president Datuk Ronald McCoy presented Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) with a 50kg granite stone cut from a pillar of the Hiroshima Prefectural Industrial Hall that was damaged in the bombing.

Abdul Razak went to Hiroshima University at the age of 20 on a Japanese government scholarship. Four months later, the atomic bomb was dropped 1.5km away from his university at 8.15am on Aug 6, 1945.

Recalling that day, Abdul Razak said: “The (air raid) siren went off and we hurried to the underground shelter nearby. Half an hour later, another siren signalled the all-clear and we returned to the classroom. Then, the bomb exploded and the wooden building came down on us.

“I must have fainted - everything became dark. When I came to, everything was gone. There were no buildings or trees left standing as far as the eye could see. People were screaming.

“With blood oozing from my head, I ran towards my hostel, was, passing many dead bodies and Japanese people who were injured, in pain or dying.”

Abdul Razak lost two Malaysian friends – Nik Yusof Nik Ali and Syed Omar Mohamad Alsagoff.

The stone, handed over to Abdul Razak’s son USM vice-chancellor Prof Datuk Dzulkifli Abdul Razak, will be displayed at the university’s museum and art gallery to promote world peace.

Wassalam

Attachments

• hiroshima.jpg
    hiroshima.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 19

falomar

but what i kept hearing from my grandfather is how the Japanese treat the people in my country far much worst than the European colonist treat us, during those time of course.

Hello....well......If you refer to the Philippines and to China, yes, they did wrong things....too bad...I have seen pictures.....But that doesn't mean all of them are the same. USA has done wrong things as well but that doesn't mean all Americans are bad people, and the Spaniards,...worst,....what they did to Filipinos, to Mexican, Caribbean and South american people, to the Moros, Jews,.....and what about Hitler did to the Jews,...too bad....And the Romans.....Alexander the great,...and..Genghis Khan with his army,...etc,etc..

No one is innocent I guess, and even so, there are still and will always be good people around us, no matter the rest....

stukaville

dont forget

If the Japanese had not bombed perl harbour, America would not have even entered the second world. The Japanese refused to surrender, there was no Japanese word for surrender at that time, During World War II, the Second Army and Chugoku Regional Army were headquartered in Hiroshima. The city also had large depots of military supplies, and was a key center for shipping
They had fed the British and American prisoners rats, even after the bomb was dropped they still refused to surrender.

The Japanese were the same as the Nazis

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Let us not repeat the horrors of the past. Nothing can unearth what had finished. Let us move forward. This post was not to incrimnate anyone but to acknowledge before Allah that we, mankind, can take a moment to honor life.