Avoiding the Satanic ‘Intellect’

Tomtom

Banned
Muhsin Khan

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him). 3:159

They say: "We are obedient," but when they leave you (Muhammad SAW), a section of them spend all night in planning other than what you say. But Allah records their nightly (plots). So turn aside from them (do not punish them), and put your trust in Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs. 4:81

Say: "O you mankind! Now truth (i.e. the Quran and Prophet Muhammad SAW), has come to you from your Lord. So whosoever receives guidance, he does so for the good of his own self, and whosoever goes astray, he does so to his own loss, and I am not (set) over you as a Wakil (disposer of affairs to oblige you for guidance)." 10:108

And obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and harm them not (till you are ordered). And put your trust in Allah, and Sufficient is Allah as a Wakil (Trustee, or Disposer of affairs). 33:48

Verily, We have sent down to you (O Muhammad SAW) the Book (this Quran) for mankind in truth. So whosoever accepts the guidance, it is only for his ownself, and whosoever goes astray, he goes astray only for his (own) loss. And you (O Muhammad SAW) are not a Wakil (trustee or disposer of affairs, or keeper) over them. 39:41

And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah. 42:43

You are not a dictator over them. 88:22

All of the verses above shows that we are to be patient and to be responsible for our own sins as Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has stated that He will take care of those who are disbelievers and hypocrites.

Kakorot

Fine if you are happy with rubbish such as these then who am I to argue? What he has quoted are all without references and I get an irritating feeling about this post. Each to their own I suppose.

Whoa, you mentioned in another thread that youre going to follow scholars, so what's this?

Anyway the mods should have a little chat with you.

Idris16

Tomtom, my brother. How can you call a sister a cow when you are old enough to be our father? Akhi please grow up.

esperanza

revert of many years
I see, ok fine....

salam brother

no silly cow is not acceptable and certainly not term of endearment,,
peopel say alot worse in uk sure,,
but this is certainly not something a muslim borther should be saying to a sister,,,,,,,,,
and you should apologise

Tomtom

Banned
Ok we have a difference of opinion and may be it depends where one is brought up I suppose. Yes indeed if I've caused offence then I apologise sincerely, and this is not the first time sis kakarot got on my back.

esperanza

revert of many years
Ok we have a difference of opinion and may be it depends where one is brought up I suppose. Yes indeed if I've caused offence then I apologise sincerely, and this is not the first time sis kakarot got on my back.

i guess we must all sometimes agree to differ and try to be respectful in our discussions

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,,

You guys have me laughing...

One of my husbands once told me I was a fox until he married me; I turned into a cow...

Can we go back to the issue of intellect as cows are not intellectual animals.

Tomtom

Banned
Assalaam walaikum,,

You guys have me laughing...

One of my husbands once told me I was a fox until he married me; I turned into a cow...

Can we go back to the issue of intellect as cows are not intellectual animals.

Gosh Dr. Aapa how many husbands have you gone through? May be you should call it a day and accept that may be you are not meant to have marital relationships. :p lol

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
The first Whoever gains the pleasure of people by angering Allah will end up with the anger of both the people and Allah. It was narrated that Allah Said: When I am angered, My Curse reaches the seventh generation of descendants.”

:salam2:

Jazakallah khayr for the post very informative post mashaAllah.
I have a question though,the source seems good,but the above paragraph about the generation suffering for sins of ancestors?

Idris16

:salam2:

Jazakallah khayr for the post very informative post mashaAllah.
I have a question though,the source seems good,but the above paragraph about the generation suffering for sins of ancestors?
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

I do not know about this hadith qudsi, we need to know where it is from and if it is authentic, and possibly an explanation for it.