Awrah!!!

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu'alaykum

Adab of Wearing and Decorating yourself

Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala) said:''O Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts, etc.) and as an adornment, and the raiment of righteousness, that is better. Such are among the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh, that they may remember (i.e. leave falsehood and follow truth ).''

''O Children of Adam! Let not Shaitân (Satan) deceive you, as he got your parents [Adam and Hawwa (Eve)] out of Paradise, stripping them of their raiments, to show them their private parts. Verily, he and Qabîluhu (his soldiers from the jinns or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them. Verily, We made the Shayâtin (devils) Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers) for those who believe not.''

- At the time of Adam (`alayhis-salam) the shaytan convinced him to eat from the tree, and their clothes dropped
- Today the Shaytan has convinced the people that it is good to take off their clothes, he calls it liberalism, freedom, democracy etc..

Abdullah said: “the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, “eat, drink, spend and wear without extravagance or arrogance or showing off” An Nisaa’i 2559, Musnad Imam Ahmad 6656, Ibn Majah 3605

ITS OBLIGATORY TO COVER THE AWRAH

Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala) said: “O children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts) and as an adornment; and the raiment of righteousness, that is better.” [7: 26]

Muhammad (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, “It is not allowed for a man to look at the awrah of another man, and not allowed for a woman to look at the awrah of another woman, and a man should not sleep under the same blanket as another man, and the same for women and another women” Muslim 338 , Musnad Imam Ahmad 11207 , Tirmizi 2973

- The awrah is the part of your body that must be covered

ibn hakim said:

“How can we deal with our awrah? (the part which must be covered)”,
The Prophet (saw) said,
“Save (or protect) your awrah except from your wife or what your hand possesses”,
“If people are in a gathering what should I do”,
The Prophet (saw) said,
“Do not let anybody see any part of you as much as you can”,
“What if I am alone oh Prophet?”,
The Prophet (saw) said,
“Be shy from Allah more than people.”

For Men:

- For men: from the navel to the knee is Awrah
- There is dispute over whether the knee is awrah or not: most Fuqaha (including Hanafis, Maalikis and Hanbalis) say it is awrah.

“The Prophet (saw) passed by and the narrator said “I had clothes but the thigh was uncovered, the Prophet (saw) said to me cover the thigh it is awrah.”

- Imam Shafi’I (and we) believe that between the navel and knee is awrah and the navel is not awrah and the knee is not awrah.

For Women:

- For Women from the chest to the knees is HARD AWRAH
- For Women everything else except face and hands is SOFT AWRAH

“Asmaa’ came to visit Aisha (they are sisters), she was wearing a thin dress from head to the knee, the Prophet (saw) said “Oh Asmaa’ when a woman reaches puberty, it is not allowed to show anything except this and this, (he pointed to the face and hands)"”

- there is no evidence to say that a free woman can reveal her awrah to other women
- For men no one except those lawful to him are allowed to see his awrah
- For women there is no dispute that the husband can see all of her awrah
- There is dispute as to what others can see of her:
- Her mahram CANNOT see any of her HARD AWRAH from her chest to her knees, this includes armpits, and what is necessary to cover the armpits.
- In front of women it is the same if they are trustworthy
- There is dispute about kuffar women as they might describe her to another man.
- Hanafis say belly is allowed in front of women, but strongest evidence is that it is HARAM
- To show the shape of the body is not awrah to other women, but it is in front of men even mahram
- It is allowed to wear revealing clothing in front of other women, as long as it does not over expose the parts that are shapely
- It is not allowed to wear clothes that imitate the kuffar.

The Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: “there are two types of people I have not seen yet, a women who carries a tall thin whip like the tail of a cow, and a women who wears clothes but is naked (i.e. wears such tight clothes that there is no point, or wears revealing clothing, or wears see through clothing) walking seductively. These are people of hellfire.”

Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala) said: ''And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment... ''[24.31]

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do.” [24: 30]

wsalaam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:ma: These are the things we all should know, Alhamdullilah!! A very good reminder for us all. Jazakallahu Khairan!:blackhijab:

Assallam-o-Alaikom
I liked your post
But, I have a question...
...is it obligatory to cover feet?..........well, I am asking this because i have seen a few ahaadeeth about covering feet...but i was told that covering feet is not obligatory........hope you can help...

Again, JizakAllah khayr for this post :)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assallam-o-Alaikom
I liked your post
But, I have a question...
...is it obligatory to cover feet?..........well, I am asking this because i have seen a few ahaadeeth about covering feet...but i was told that covering feet is not obligatory........hope you can help...

Again, JizakAllah khayr for this post :)

It is awra for women...Must cover ..

Sister Rabia , just an advice.If whenever a hadith is sahih, follow it , inshAllah

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
...is it obligatory to cover feet?......

Wa'alaykum salaam

Barakallah feekum sister Rabia... hope you well insha-allah, here the answer to your question..

Women MUST cover their feet when outdoors, it is part of her awrah... and this includes for prayer too...

The free woman who has attained the age of majority is obliged to cover her entire body during prayer, apart from her face and hands, because all of her is ‘awrah. If she prays and any part of her ‘awrah becomes uncovered, such as a shin or foot or all or part of her head, then her prayer is invalid, because the Prophet :saw: said:
"Allaah will not accept the prayer of a woman who has started to menstruate, except with a khimaar (covering)" (Reported by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Ibn Maajah and al-Tirmidhi, with a saheeh isnaad)

wasalam