baby coming soon...Athan

Julie1134

Assalamu alaikum,
I am due in 12 days with a baby boy. I sure hope he comes soon since I am more than ready to have him haha. What exactly do I need to do when he is born as far as the Athan? Do I say this into his right ear as soon as he is born? Is the mother allowed to say it or is it supposed to be a family member? I am the only Muslim in my family so what are my options? Thanks :tti_sister:

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

MASHA ALLAH! May ALLAH(swt) grant the baby full health ameen. Sister what about yourhusband??? Sister as far as I understand you can say it too. Just make sure its the first words he hears... :)

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Asslam ALykom Brother...

Mashallah Tabarak Al-Rahman. May Allah bring you happiness, and childern who are in the right path.. Amiin, Amiin, Amiin..

Regarding your question... I have no evidence, but I've seen shiekh saying Athan to the baby's right ear. But whether this is islamic principles or not I have no idea...

May Allah reward you inshallah...

wassalam alykom

Julie1134

Salaam Alaiykum,

MASHA ALLAH! May ALLAH(swt) grant the baby full health ameen. Sister what about yourhusband??? Sister as far as I understand you can say it too. Just make sure its the first words he hears... :)
My husband has not told me he wants to be Muslim, but I strongly believe that he wants to be. I am being patient with him since he wants to learn more. He is fine with raising our children in Islam. :)

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam Sister,

Thats' great news, Masha'Allah...

Awesome stuff, great on you for doing all the hard-work and CONGRATS!

Here is a detailed article on the subject....

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=7889&ln=eng&txt=baby

Please feel free to call someone from your local Mosque & I am sure that Muslims of Kentucky will gladly chip-in "IF" they are not watching the horses run, that is :)

Assalamu alaikum,
I am due in 12 days with a baby boy. I sure hope he comes soon since I am more than ready to have him haha. What exactly do I need to do when he is born as far as the Athan? Do I say this into his right ear as soon as he is born? Is the mother allowed to say it or is it supposed to be a family member? I am the only Muslim in my family so what are my options? Thanks :tti_sister:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum sister

Things to do:
1)athan,
2) aqiqah ,
3) circumcision

2 and 3 is can be done later

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

Masha Allah!!! You have indeed been blessed then sister. SIster then you yourself do it insha allah! :) May ALLAH(swt) guide him and make him a strong mumin ameen!

Correct me if I am wrong but the athan in the ear is from the sunnah as far as I have been told.