Beauty/Looks are important?

are looks important

• Total voters
salam alaykum

have all the beauty u want...if the muslimah or the muslim does not follow the Quran and Sunnah ur marriage is going to end up in a divorce........isnt that whats happening nowadays??.....so many divorces jz because people are marrying nowadays for beauty .....yes beauty does count but dont make beauty the *priority*!

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
salam alaykum

have all the beauty u want...if the muslimah or the muslim does not follow the Quran and Sunnah ur marriage is going to end up in a divorce........isnt that whats happening nowadays??.....so many divorces jz because people are marrying nowadays for beauty .....yes beauty does count but dont make beauty the *priority*!

Yep, that's the point; you are right. Alhamdulillah.

The Prophet :saw: said:
“A woman is married for four things: her wealth, her noble ancestry, her beauty and her religion. So win the religious woman; (otherwise) you will be a loser.

ansari

STRANGER...
salam alaykum

u r 100% correct ya akhi :D .. i think first time u said something that make sense :D :p :lol: lagay rahay cheeteeyy :D

arzafar

This hadeeth is often quoted out of context to justify a lot of things. One should really try and understand the context in which in needs to be understood. :)

From ’Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ood radiallaahu ’anhu who said that the Prophet sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam said, “No one will enter Paradise who has an atom’s weight of pride in his heart.” A man said, “What if a man likes his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?” He said, “Allaah is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means denying the truth and looking down on people.”

well it makes perfect sense to me. if beauty isn't important
1. why is jannah so beautiful, with gardens, maidens and other blessings? It could just be average. But average doesn't belong to Allah. Allah is the most beautiful.
2. why should one wear clean himself and wear tidy clothes for prayers and in fact make special preparation for juma salah?
3. Why are wives supposed to beautify themselves for their husbands and husbands are supposed to reciprocate (most people forget to mention that)?

Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty.
shaitan is ugly and all his work his ugly and dajjal is very ugly too.

Beauty is important but we should enjoy halal beauty, which is ordained for us by Allah. haram 'beauty' is from shaitan to attract followers and lead them astray from the Creator and Possessor of all beauty, Allah.

if somebody buys a ferrari from halal means and thanks Allah for granting him the luxury and doesn't look down at other's car then he's earning Allah's pleasure. No?

:salam2:

al-fatiha

Looks have become important in modern society unfortunately. But from a moral point of view I would say that someone can be beautiful on the outside, but when the lights go off you don't see them anymore and all that remains is what comes out of their mouths.

al-fatiha

When it comes to the topic of supposes i think should count on this ayat of Surah al -Nur

024.026 Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

From that one can say the pair should be almost equal.Men should not be less in the knowledge than his wife.If wife is pretty then husband should be handsome as well.If husband is ugly then wife should be ugly as well.

From this ayat one interpret the above indirectly, but the direct message is to those who think of marrying.Marraige should be done with equality.

There was this Man called Abdul Aziz.
He was very ugly and dark. When he came to see his wife on the wedding night.He saw that his wife is a wali and he is someone who doesn't even know how to right.He did not even touch her and left then itself deciding when he has more knowledge than his wife then only he will come to her to continue being her husband.Later on he learnt and took bait from Hazarath Khizar remmatullah ale.He then wrote big books on various topics.

So the clear cut meaning is that man can be less in beauty than women, but he cannot be less in knowledge than the women.

I actually have a question about that verse...in how many cases is it applyable? Could one say for example that it implements that a man who has had intercourse before marriage, should marry a woman who has done this as well? Again, this is just one of many examples but I am curious.

arzafar

Prophet Mohammed sws loved Miskeens and always wanted to be Miskeen all his life.Beauty when gifted by Allah swt is something else.

Beauty is another thing and cleanliness is another thing.

Keeping cleanliness is sunnah and why is it sunnah is another topic.
Beauty is to attract someone.Is attraction important ?

Well that's the real question i guess is attraction important if it is then beauty is important too.

If i am beautiful and i attract people falsely that i am some saint will that make me a saint ? Obviously not.So beauty is not important as attraction is not important as well.

Islaam asks to be simple not necessarily with beauty.After all Allah is the almighty who seeks the imaan in hearts than there clothes or how much beautiful he is.

Jannah is a reward and it should be beautiful and everything such.

does applying perfume, wearing your best clothes for juma prayers come under beautifying or being simple? If allah has given somebody the means, why should he continue to live as a poor when he can live a better life without showing off.

you missed the whole point and instead focused on the husband wife thing. i was just trying to say that both must beautify themselves for each other.

anyway i dont want to argue on this topic anymore because for me beauty is important but i believe that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder rather than with the person beautifying. Allah is beautiful and he likes beauty as the prophet pbuh mentioned. there's nothing to argue with that.

For Allah beauty lies in piety, thankfulness, kindness, good morals and by appreciation of His blessings. If somebody rejects his blessings saying that he wants to be 'simple', i think he is a very unfortunate person. On the other hand if somebody thanks Allah for his blessings and uses it correctly to prove the greatness of Allah then he is a very fortunate person.

some people have a beautiful voice, they recite the quran and attract listeners.
some people have a beautiful voice, they sing and attract listeners.
some people have a beautiful voice, they do nothing with it and do not acknowledge the blessing from Allah or even reject it.

a beautiful voice is a gift from Allah, how a person uses it determines their reward or punishment.