Beauty/Looks are important?

are looks important

• Total voters

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Had the man been conscious of the Deen, he would have a cleanliness as prescribed and he will be conscious of having to cut nails and everything else needs to be cut in every 40 days, etc (i just have an issue with men who has dirty long nails...)

I *sensed* that you do! lol

And like you said the aqeedah and deen of a man are important..they are in fact #1 but fitnah can take it's toll and if it can be avoided by blocking the roads leading to it..then we should definitely *get to blockin'* :)

P.S. Don't you just love the body shop?!..I go to the store we have in a nearby town..and their "competitor" (Bath & Body Works) so much..that I can say (without exaggeration) about 80% of the employees from all shifts know me *by name!*..lol..and now there's another store that I'm dying to try-out called "Lush"..that one is *ORGANIC* EVERYTHING-CLEANLINESS!..so imagine!..just thought I'd add to the randomness already taking place..lol

:wasalam:

AlQurtubi

Banned
no one has turned the table sister nurain. I hve not seen brothers like which u hate. All my friends are nice and CLEAN persons. The ones u r talking abt are those who are drug addictives.

I guess u and sister muslimah86 like my sister who doesnt touch the computer mouse after i touch it. She uses tissue paper then. lol

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Salam

Well I used to think looks matters but there is just a part about being superficial which will leave you in frustration after sometime, i.e. after you have had enough of the looks what's next?

We are not talking about a smelly, dirty spouse. A clean spouse will do. But that has got nothing to do with looks :D So looks does not matter but his/her practise of the Deen does. Oh no, this is the future father of your kids you are talking about!! :D

yup ! sis, indeed you are right and i feel the same as you do... but i (alhamdulillah) never thought about looks , but thought about a clean heart and deen .. but sister they say that Muhammad(s.a.w) also counted beauty ....i do not believe that ... i think i have got many wrong information ... inshallah i will clear it :blackhijab:

Nurain

no one has turned the table sister nurain. I hve not seen brothers like which u hate. All my friends are nice and CLEAN persons. The ones u r talking abt are those who are drug addictives.

I guess u and sister muslimah86 like my sister who doesnt touch the computer mouse after i touch it. She uses tissue paper then. lol

LOL tell me about it. My brother wipes the back of his hand when he accidentally touches me LOL... i do not have anything more beneficial to add to this thread. And I'm not speaking of drug addicts akhi!! Maybe you are just blessed with good, clean people.. :p

AlQurtubi

Banned
might be singapore has ppl who dont cut their nails and dont trim their hairs etc etc.
but rest of the world is ok i beleive :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu dear sister

Thank you for sharing this very interesting thread with us Mashallah.:)

I have voted with "Yes" that beauty is imporante although beauty is relative from many accepts and it is not fixed.
For example if something is beautiful for me,it does not need to mean necesery beautiful from someone else,and reverse.
personally for me the msot importante is piety Alhmadulillah and love for Allah,but for example my grandmother always advice me "You need to marry with someone who suits you in everything,in beauty,heath,welth etc" so it is kind of hard to exaplin to older generation scall of importante things.

I would not be comletely sincere when I would say that beauty is not comletely imporante for me but when I be in need to chose my husband Inshallah,I will chose on the first place piety,love for Allah,kindness,generosity,iman,and than beauty and I hope Inshallah I wil find all these postive characterstics in one persone with Allahs help but if happen that there is some deffect or fault nobody is perfect.If I would chose betwen beauty and piety I would chose piety and intelegence beacuase "perfect dool" without a brain I can find in every shoop.:)

And SubhanAllah I have found the greatest beauty in Allah,Allah is the most beautiful and there is no beauty like beauty of Allah Almighty,and nothing can be compered with His Beauty.Allahu Akbar.

Beaty is hidden,and never transparent...Beaty is mistic,full of secret,beauty is shy,and never open.Beaty is undescrible.

May Allah bless you dear sister and may Allah make all our faces bright on Day of Judgment Inshallah.:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

Wa Allaicomu Salam

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
might be singapore has ppl who dont cut their nails and dont trim their hairs etc etc.
but rest of the world is ok i beleive :)

cutting nails is must for a human being as it is sunnah .. ya ! mostly Mongolians dont cut thier nails....i dont know anything about Singapore , i feel Singapore is a nice country , but , dont know ..never been to Singapore

Ladybug3478

Hello,

I voted 'YES'.

Life is different when your 'nice looking'. Perfect example - for a large time frame in my life females may have wanted to befriend me, males wanted to do anything they could to get on my good side, and a false confidence came with this as a reaction - maybe even from someone's jealousy (not good).

But, after gaining some weight due to pregnancies...well, things changed. LOL! Well, no one stumbled over themselves on my account and people weren't as nice! I know it sounds wierd but, there was a definite change especially with men. They would no longer go out of there way to hold a door etc... It was interesting watching this happen due to my weight.

On the updside, my husband felt more secure. In fact, I think he still tries to sabbotage me by bringing home cupcakes and he does not bother me about my weight with the exception of two days ago when he asked me to start exercising.

So, my fat self is going to excercise and eat better - mainly for my health. But, I hope he does also! God Willing!

It makes my heart feel for my daughter though, she's way better looking (even at 4 yrs. old than I ever was)! When she was 2-3 yrs old during a summer at the pool - some stranger said "She's going to be so pretty later"...a lot of people just say it, even me sometimes. (My husband put the whole evil eye thing in my head) My younger sister sometimes gets jealousy even though she's about 13 years old. My sister in law calls her 'beautiful' as a nick name. I just want her to know she is more than just pretty as someone once told me "Beauty doesn't last forever".

Thanks

Nurain

Ma sha Allah sis

Do not believe him as he is making a joke. Singaporeans cut their nails I hope, Alhamdulillah.I am sure mongolians rid of their nail in some other manner not prescribed perhaps? Biting, or something... or we'd have a huge group of people competing for World's Record =D

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Ma sha Allah sis

Do not believe him as he is making a joke. Singaporeans cut their nails I hope, Alhamdulillah.I am sure mongolians rid of their nail in some other manner not prescribed perhaps? Biting, or something... or we'd have a huge group of people competing for World's Record =D

:salam2:

LOL mashallah sis i am enjoying reading all this i was laughing to myself all the way through i understand what your saying but the men here (bros and cousins) have a habit of biting their nails and the spitting them at you talk about disgusting lol its like oww what was that sharp thing anyway i hope we all dont get a spouse like that lol for you sake and mine i hope for a clean freak lool :hijabi:

Nurain

LOL mashallah sis i am enjoying reading all this i was laughing to myself all the way through i understand what your saying but the men here (bros and cousins) have a habit of biting their nails and the spitting them at you talk about disgusting lol its like oww what was that sharp thing anyway i hope we all dont get a spouse like that lol for you sake and mine i hope for a clean freak lool :hijabi:

Salam,
subhanALLAH sis i do not mean this at all!! but it is too funny what you said LOL, "its like oww what was that sharp thing anyway"

:ma:

Nurain

Hello,

I voted 'YES'.

Life is different when your 'nice looking'. Perfect example - for a large time frame in my life females may have wanted to befriend me, males wanted to do anything they could to get on my good side, and a false confidence came with this as a reaction - maybe even from someone's jealousy (not good).

But, after gaining some weight due to pregnancies...well, things changed. LOL! Well, no one stumbled over themselves on my account and people weren't as nice! I know it sounds wierd but, there was a definite change especially with men. They would no longer go out of there way to hold a door etc... It was interesting watching this happen due to my weight.

On the updside, my husband felt more secure. In fact, I think he still tries to sabbotage me by bringing home cupcakes and he does not bother me about my weight with the exception of two days ago when he asked me to start exercising.

So, my fat self is going to excercise and eat better - mainly for my health. But, I hope he does also! God Willing!

It makes my heart feel for my daughter though, she's way better looking (even at 4 yrs. old than I ever was)! When she was 2-3 yrs old during a summer at the pool - some stranger said "She's going to be so pretty later"...a lot of people just say it, even me sometimes. (My husband put the whole evil eye thing in my head) My younger sister sometimes gets jealousy even though she's about 13 years old. My sister in law calls her 'beautiful' as a nick name. I just want her to know she is more than just pretty as someone once told me "Beauty doesn't last forever".

Thanks

Salam ukhti
Good things your husband is sabotaging you it means you are for keeps!! :D Should instill in your daughter values... and not let her even consider for a minute that beauty is anywhere near superficial... only skin deep

in sha Allah :D:blackhijab:

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
I think that looks do matter, but not that much because everyone cannot get a drop dead hansome person :biggrin:

so where the person lacks in looks they make it up w/ personality!

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Ma sha Allah sis

sister , if i say ... every muslimah cuts nails , as it is the sign of pureness ..in every country , there will be a muslimah right ? so, every muslimah cuts nails .. i dont want to blame any country ..if Singaporeans dont cut nails , then ...allah knows better ...i dont have the rights to say anything

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
loooool
hahahahahaha
mangolians..
loool

mashALLAH sister.. not all the men are mongols

oh ! well, bro , come on ...i did not compare Mongolians of this forum .. but i compared cheap Mongolians , you know, Christians ... are many idiotic religions .plz ! i will never compare Mongolians related to this forum ...sorry Mongolians of this forum if you saw my thread .. i promise i never said it to you....plz AlQurtubi dont misunderstand me .. if you misunderstand me , then whole forum members will misunderstand me , thinking that i am wrong ... i am so sorry AlQurtubi if i said something wrong .... i am so mad , that, i myself dont know what i say sometimes ... i am sorry ..plz correct me if i am wrong

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

hey ! you made me laugh ..... really you are so funny .....:blackhijab: ya allah! i love to read such posts

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
"sister that is so true because beauty come to its peak in thirtees after that"

So, i shud better get married with that girl who is 31 and nikabi :)

niqabi ? which girl is that ...and 31 ? hey ! come on ! who is that girl ... and you never invited me to your marriage (just kidding).. sorry if i said something wrong .. plz dont mind my words, i am like this ... gota change :blackhijab:

AlQurtubi

Banned
"oh ! well, bro , come on ...i did not compare Mongolians of this forum .. but i compared cheap Mongolians , you know, Christians ... are many idiotic religions .plz ! i will never compare Mongolians related to this forum ...sorry Mongolians of this forum if you saw my thread .. i promise i never said it to you....plz AlQurtubi dont misunderstand me .. if you misunderstand me , then whole forum members will misunderstand me , thinking that i am wrong ... i am so sorry AlQurtubi if i said something wrong .... i am so mad , that, i myself dont know what i say sometimes ... i am sorry ..plz correct me if i am wrong "

"niqabi ? which girl is that ...and 31 ? hey ! come on ! who is that girl ... and you never invited me to your marriage (just kidding).. sorry if i said something wrong .. plz dont mind my words, i am like this ... gota change "

Lol sister. mashALLAH you are such a joy. Mongolians of this forum..lol .. Are there any mongols? i dont think so. But i like moongolians for their fierce attack in history. They were brave. And I didnt take you wrong sister and I am sure no one has.

I was just joking regarding Singaporeans. There must be pious muslims there who are clean and like "muslims".