Bite your tongue

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
:salam2:
Bite your tongue

Everything we say and do in life has consequences. Just like throwing a stone into a pond, sends ripples across the water affecting all around it. We are free to say and do as we choose but the consequences of our words and actions are our responsibility.

How many times have hasty words been spoken making a wedge between once loving friends or spouses?

Sometimes we think something bad about a person and in anger or when emotions are high, we make those thoughts vocal. If we could have waited a little, these negative thoughts may well have been replaced with more kindly ones.

To speak or act while in a state of anger is really a mistake. It is a good idea to bite your tongue and wait until the next day. If the same level of emotions are present, then speak out, but chances are you will have forgotten why you were angry.

{The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! He between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.} (Sura Fussilat 41:34)

Contributed by: Velma Cook (Islamway.com)

halah

Jazaki Allah khair dear sister,such thread is what we really need.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Prophet (PBUH) saying, "A person utters a word thoughtlessly (i.e., without thinking about its being good or not) and, as a result of this, he will fall down into the fire of Hell deeper than the distance between the east and the west.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith shows the disadvantages which can be caused by the improper use of the tongue. It is, therefore, essential that one should think before he speaks.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "A man utters a word pleasing to Allah without considering it of any significance for which Allah exalts his ranks (in Jannah); another one speaks a word displeasing to Allah without considering it of any importance, and for this reason he will sink down into Hell.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Abu 'Abdur-Rahman Bilal bin Al-Harith Al-Muzani (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A man speaks a good word without knowing its worth, Allah records for him His Good Pleasure till the day he will meet Him; and a man utters an evil word without realizing its importance, Allah records for him His displeasure till the day he will meet Him.''
[Imam Malik and At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: This Hadith tells us a fact which can be observed in our everyday life. Sometimes a person utters a good sentence which pleases an individual and he reforms himself or holds himself from doing something wrong. Such a sentence or utterance is highly rewarded by Allah. Similarly, sometime a person utters a mischievous sentence, the ruinous effects of which he does not realize. This utterance hurts someone's feelings and leads him to sin and evil. Almighty Allah is displeased with such a person. The lesson that this Hadith has for us is that one should strictly guard his speech and weigh his words to avoid Allah's Wrath.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Some people need to practice what they preach otherwise it means nothing......I've seen a certain someone here bash all new Muslims who are having some trouble with Islam :astag: may Allah (SWT) give that person compassion and understanding, as Muslims we are supposed to help eachother
not bring eachother down...I think you know what i mean....well I hope at least.:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Some people need to practice what they preach otherwise it means nothing......I've seen a certain someone here bash all new Muslims who are having some trouble with Islam :astag: may Allah (SWT) give that person compassion and understanding, as Muslims we are supposed to help eachother
not bring eachother down...I think you know what i mean....well I hope at least.:wasalam:

Great Post, sister Bintul Islam

I do agree with sister Jabba here. we have to be careful with the new muslims because some stilll cling on to their past beliefs. They are soft, fragile and once it is broken, it might have a permanent effect. So i request both bro and sis to exercise restraint when posting, inshAllah