Black dresses?

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
And try hiding an assault rifle in jeans and tshirt. Results won't be pretty, I'll give you that.

Clearly you haven't watched the news in recent years.

Ratio of men hiding artillary in their "regular" clothes to those in black dresses? 10:1

And you said men aren't supposed to wear them. I'm not supposed to download games on university network, but I do. Men can wear them, whether they're supposed to or not.

I see.

So according to the same logic you applied to black dresses, it's the video game's fault that you downloaded it. No need for you to take responsibility.

Understand something. There are plenty of suspicious people that think like you in the West. A woman in a black dress can't even walk down the street without people being paranoid.

Rest assured, she is harassed consistently so that people like you can feel better.

sachin4islam

I'm not hating, I'm just curious. I just started researching Islam. I don't know nothing about your customs and such. If I don't ask questions, how will I learn? I just want logical answers to my questions. And again, I don't mean to offend people.

Assalamu Alaikum:

Sorry,but your research did begin in wrong way. If you start any theological research as here about Islam it must begin with the '' What is the concept of Creator in concerned religion and how does this religion defines purpose of life for we human beings''?

Rituals,customs,traditions are not backbone of a religion.

Regards.

wantobeMumin

You know what is good attire to conceal weapons? Baggy pants or dungarees!! how about white male cowboys who just carry guns because its their right???

if u are wondering why every time ur media show u the picture of iran or iraq why all women are wearing black and somehow u thought its a muslim thingy? then let me tell u another thing in indonesia and many other countries women wear while hijabs, in afghanistan they wear bluish. so what is ur point?

i am guessing u didnt think it through before asking this questions. besides wearing a proper attire for women has a purpose in our faith which i suggest u look into before u try to find "logical answer" to ur illogical question.

there was a store robbed in our town and i saw two nuns wearing black clothes...now i am thinking they must be the robbers because they could have had guns hidden! humm i think i just solved a crime. what u think?

hiranuma

Assalamu Alaikum:

Sorry,but your research did begin in wrong way. If you start any theological research as here about Islam it must begin with the '' What is the concept of Creator in concerned religion and how does this religion defines purpose of life for we human beings''?

Rituals,customs,traditions are not backbone of a religion.

Regards.
First of all, there is no wrong way to start a research. There are efficient and inefficient ones, but certainly no right and wrong.
In Japan, we question nearly everything. When I started architecture lessons for the first time, I asked about keystones. We didn't know a thing about architecture but I asked and the professor replied. This might not be norm in the world, but it's what I got used to.

Clearly you haven't watched the news in recent years.

Ratio of men hiding artillary in their "regular" clothes to those in black dresses? 10:1

As far as I know, you just can't a rifle in jeans and/or tshirt when you're wearing it. A handgun, maybe, but not a rifle.
I see.

So according to the same logic you applied to black dresses, it's the video game's fault that you downloaded it. No need for you to take responsibility.

Understand something. There are plenty of suspicious people that think like you in the West. A woman in a black dress can't even walk down the street without people being paranoid.

Rest assured, she is harassed consistently so that people like you can feel better.

I never said I'm the best analogist. And I never said someone being harassed felt me good.
You know what is good attire to conceal weapons? Baggy pants or dungarees!! how about white male cowboys who just carry guns because its their right???

if u are wondering why every time ur media show u the picture of iran or iraq why all women are wearing black and somehow u thought its a muslim thingy? then let me tell u another thing in indonesia and many other countries women wear while hijabs, in afghanistan they wear bluish. so what is ur point?

i am guessing u didnt think it through before asking this questions. besides wearing a proper attire for women has a purpose in our faith which i suggest u look into before u try to find "logical answer" to ur illogical question.

there was a store robbed in our town and i saw two nuns wearing black clothes...now i am thinking they must be the robbers because they could have had guns hidden! humm i think i just solved a crime. what u think?
Cowboys? Last time I checked, I wasn't in Nevada. Or year wasn't 1870. Media shows non-muslim nations' women too, and I have never seen something like that, barring nuns you said. And they're the exception, not the rule.

Noor El-Huda

Brothers and sisters, what comes to mind is the hadith when a bedounine (a'arabi) unrinated in the mosque. The companions got so offended and wanted to react to it. The prophet Pbuh told them to just pour water over it. Then he explained to the a'arabi that the mosque is not a place do such a thing. It is for prayer.

When something offends us, lets take into account the possibility that the person is not intentionally doing it, rather lack of knowledge about it. That way we can be calm and accomodating. And what is worse in offending than the example of the hadith? Our prophet pbuh is our best example.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
"Nuns are the exception, not the rule"? Please explain.

Also since you're Japanese, I figured I'd ask.

Why don't you take issue with your women wearing kimonos? I mean they're really baggy and you can hide alot under there...

wantobeMumin

QUOTE]Muslim women mostly wear black, long dresses. Why? I mean they could commit a crime and be on their merry way with it. Hell, men could wear them too if they aren't very tall and commit crimes. I don't get that. Please explain. [/QUOTE]

I am going to break it down for you now. Muslim women wear long dresses not necessarily black, to cover their bodies because we believe in modesty and our God has asked us to do so. if you wanna know more about it there are various links on this site which will explain that in detail and with good reasoning

now second part of your question is assumption. You are saying that just because i have the opportunity and i am wearing the right dress why should i not commit a crime? you see something is wrong with this very idea. think about it.

If a muslim women is following God's order and covering herself up for the sake of God then do you really think she will through this all away by committing a crime? hopefully u see the flaw in this argument.
You asked a good question but you made a mistake of assuming and then passing judgement that is why to some degree it was offensive. hopefully its all clear now.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
The Muslim woman is not required to wear black. She can wear other mild color clothes as well, just not bright and flashy type. The black robes (abayas) they wear are a personal preference for the majority because black provides better concealment of the shape of the human body. Also if it were to get dirty or something spilled on it, it is less obvious compared to the colored cloth.

As for committing a crime, people who want to commit crime will commit them regardless of what they are wearing. To accuse the Muslim woman of concealing weapons and possibly commit crime is no less than accusing a Nun of such a deed or saying a that your woman could do the same in their hakama (trousers) and ikan sokutai (white robes) or kimonos.

As far as I know, you just can't a rifle in jeans and/or tshirt when you're wearing it. A handgun, maybe, but not a rifle.
Weapons can be hidden in any form of clothing...

[yt]IskfFKiuh3Y[/yt]

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Another 'Abaya and Niqaab hater? Yeah well, the more you hate the more we grow.

From Japan eh? I see. . . Why don't you question this:

shinto_priests.jpg
gj20103_20803_buddhist_.jpg

You can actually hide a whole bazooka in here? Is that the purpose of the long sleeves?

a_stranger

Please if you want to understand why muslem women cover their bodies you have to start with understanding Islam . Islam is purity......purity of faith : we worship one God , purity of mind :we should not think in an evil way , purity of hearts we should full our hearts with love of our creator and his creation ,hope of his mercy fear of his puinshment ......purity of souls: we should be in touch with our creator through prayers ............Islam teaches that all human desires have a nobal goal ......all human conducts should show puirty and nobility ....any desire should be guarded by piety ( taqwa of Allah ) including sexual desire.......it doesn't matter what the women wear black or white or green.............most women prefer black because it is better to cover . Nothing has to do with crimes .....Islam builds a very high strong inner conscience against evils and crimes. Teachings of Islam cut the roots of evil from within......this is very effective to prevent crime. I believe it is worth trying to study how Islam cuts the roots of evil within souls this can help our humanity a lot.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm sorry, this thread really make me laugh. This incident came to my mind immediately. At my place it was reported one mystery guy committing crime wearing only underwear. He is called "oil man" because he soak himself into black oil (used engine oil I guess) and then will break into people home and will rob and rape his victims. He is still at large until now. No joke, true story. This brother has valid question but it is just a fantasy. If I'm a criminal I will prefer to wear pant and face mask before I rob. America has the most number of crimes in the world, are these criminals wearing black abaya when committing crime?