Bovine Gelatin, Halal or Not?

msmoorad

mommys boy
as salaamu alaikum

salaams to all
the problem appears to be that many of us from the Indo-Pak are much more strict/careful when it comes to halaal & haraam.
we even refrain from those foodstuffs etc that are doubtful.
its not as if you will starve to death if you live in the west and cant get access to 100% halaal zabiha meat.
theres so many other things u can eat freely and you can eat fish for protein until you are able to obtain halaal meat.
i think its just nafsi nafsi & looking for loopholes to justify your weakness of imaan.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Thank you for contacting The Hershey Company. Your comments about REESE'S SNACK BARZ Bars are important.

Glycerin is from a variety of vegetable oils and the only ingredient from animal would be the milk.

So this is insane - they say on the top that it is a "chocolate marshmallow bar", but there's no sign of marshmallows on the ingredients, and this email confirms it. So yeah. Why do they have marshmallow on the little tagline? They could've said "fake marshmallow" or "imitation marshmallow" or "We're just saying we have it in here, but if you read the fine print, there's nothing like that in here, so we just want you to *think* we have marshmallow in this product, while in reality, there's not a trace of it in the product."

Talk about misleading advertising. Well, alhamdulillah for us.

rania_242

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I recently bought a muscle building supplement product called Force Factor. It contains Bovine Gelatin and I would like to know if it is Halal. Please share anything you know.

JazakAllahu Khairan
assalamo allaykom:my openion,since i called slaughterhouses in canada asking how do they kill cows and calves,they say shooting,so i think beef or bovine gelatin,better to be avoided,to be in the safe side

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
How about chicken and fish from fast food resturants? I.e McChickens etc.

:salam:

If the restaurant is certified halal, then its halal, otherwise all those western owned joints are not halal, right? Which country are you in, ukht?

Plus, just eating fish from anywhere is kind of doubtful - maybe they fried it in the same oil they fry the chicken nuggets in. So we have to make sure...

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Plus, just eating fish from anywhere is kind of doubtful - maybe they fried it in the same oil they fry the chicken nuggets in. So we have to make sure...

Hopely not as some people are allergic to the fish and if using same oil with chicken nuggets than frying fish, they might become seriously ill.