BOYCOTT DANISH PRODUCTS NOW!!

naelb

Respond to Boycott Call - come on

:salam2:

When the Boycott call started couple of years ago against Amercian products for the sake of Palestine and Iraq I've immediately joined the crowd - today I question any one who calls to boycott Danish products, products from the Netherland, American products for the sake of Boycotting - I am with (and support) boycotting products that directly support Israel or the millitary army (e.g, Marks & Spensor)

but guys come on, watching the movie calling to boycott danish products sends the following messages:

1) It is an absolute emotional gamble - no one has the right to question any one's love to Allah or prophet Mohammed salah Allah 3aleih wa salam

2) No one has the right to measure such love by only boycotting product

3) One of the scariest messages as well is that I can sleep tight at night since I have done "my part" of loving by bocotting!!!

Are we really that weak (yes) but ignorant (maybe) - wallahy not making a judgement call against any one but if we truly read the quran and sunnah and learn the life of prophet Mohammed Salah Allah 3alaih wa salam, we would find the following:

1) Surah 5, Al Maida, Aya 8 "O you who believe! stand out firmly for Allah as just witnesses; and let not the enmity and harted of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety; and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do"

I don't think any elaboration is required here - be just at all times. The picutre of a sword in the middle of the danish product is not just but full of harted messages, to say the least

2) Let's ask our selves, if prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam was with us today, would you have seen him in the streets leading a group of people calling to boycott tthe danish products???? I don't think so - he (sallah Allah 3alai wa salam) would refrain from such acts - he (sallah Allah 3alai wa salam) would definitely NOT burn tires or call people to do so, think about it

3) We all remember the story from the seirah when Quarish started swearing and u sing bad words on Allah sub7anahu wa ta3ala, what were the orders from Allah? don't curse Quraish and don't use bad words with them so they don't retaliate by cursing Allah sub7anahu wa ta3ala.

Muslims are the walking example of Islam - wallahy if we all act properly reflecting the quran and the practice of the beloved (sallah Allah 3alai wa salam) the world would've followed Islam - if we just practice it within and with others - things will not change immediately but with Allah's bless, things will change to the better - where are we with Da3wa?

Apologies for my long message - I hope you accept my message since it is coming sincere from one's Muslim heart to another.

Salam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member

3) One of the scariest messages as well is that I can sleep tight at night since I have done "my part" of loving by bocotting!!!

Salam

salaam alikom

This the L E A S T thing you can do for your prophet peace be up on him to show your love of the prophet peace be uo on him ..... Just the LEAST..

And I think every one Just ignoring what the scholars and shyokh said... any Allah guide us all.

wa salaam alikom

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
I fully agree with you brother Mr.Muslim that it is the least we can do for our Rasoolullah Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam.

And sometime I see people arguing on how we should follow Gandhiji etc and non-violently protest(like boycotting the products etc) of these people.
But, when our scholars say the same thing people come up different excuses.

This is very dangerous situation!

So Brothers and Sisters who Love Rasoolullah Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam Boycott Danish Products!!!

naelb

I guess you're not reading the words posted either by me or others or are reading them but deciding to not accept any other points of view but your's.

I'm not going to put more effort into this because I think earlier postings has covered the issue pretty well (from where I'm coming from) -

but I would ask you to think about your words and especially the last statement which freaks me out, "la rahbaneyah fe eldein" or as the belowed said, sallah Allah 3alaih wa sallam - "in Islam we don't have a midway between us and Allah" it was created in Christianity and the quran has uncovered it - the point is, I ask you to use your mind, Allah has ordered us to use our minds and prohet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam asked us to use our mind, don't let others influence your right judgement -

I don't need sheikhs to read Quran, I don't need sheikhs to read ahadeeths, I don't need sheikhs to become close to Allah or feel his love, I do need scholars if I need an interpretation of a certain hadeeth or aya or direction or if we have scholars to lead the nation, IF AND ONLY IF they pose respectful islamic direction and not personal or based on ignorance or following certain sector.

I ask you to go back and read one of my questions, if prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam was living with us today, what would he do?

"Awal man tosa3er behem el nar yawm al qeyama, al umara' wa al 3oloma'" - "the first one's who enter hell fire on the day of judgement are rulers and scholars" - it's not because they've done good, but because they's done bad and have mislead - do I need to elaborate more?

May Allah bless you.

Salam.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
We definitely need Scholars who are upon Quran and Sunnah and understanding of Sahaba to guide us in complex contemporary issues.

And this boycott is one of them.

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
random video,
very touching. :(
Ummah comunity in united states
[yt]J2YOMooc77E[/yt]

Yea, it's very touching
May be I'll volunteer there if I'll ever be to US
Jazak Allah Khyran for sharing

N.B: Go and study well so you can help too :)

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
I don't need sheikhs to read Quran, I don't need sheikhs to read ahadeeths, I don't need sheikhs to become close to Allah or feel his love, I do need scholars if I need an interpretation of a certain hadeeth or aya or direction or if we have scholars to lead the nation, IF AND ONLY IF they pose respectful islamic direction and not personal or based on ignorance or following certain sector.

I ask you to go back and read one of my questions, if prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam was living with us today, what would he do

Salaam alikom

I think you just following what you want to believe either if its right or wrong, because you NEEED scholars in everything matter with religion you dont have enough knowledge, and what you said is enough prove for that, becasue The ummah needs knowledgeable people at all times and in all places. A nation without knowledge and scholars will live in illusions and sink in darkness. If a person knows what Allaah has prescribed ..?? {where does this go?} Whoever conceals this knowledge and deprives the ummah of it, Allaah will place on him a bridle of fire on the Day of Resurrection, and he will deserve to be cursed, except for the one who repents. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the Book, they are the ones cursed by Allâh and cursed by the cursers

Allaah warns every Muslim against speaking without knowledge, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allâh)”[al-Israa’ 17:36]

Emphasizing the status of knowledge and the scholars, Allaah calls upon the scholars to bear witness to His Oneness, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allâh bears witness that Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He always) maintains His creation in justice. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:18]

The scholars occupy a noble status in Islam, and which is higher than the position of others in this world and in the Hereafter. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allâh will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge”[al-Mujaadilah 58:11]

Allaah praises the scholars, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘Are those who know equal to those who know not?’ It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allâh’s Signs and Verses)”[al-Zumar 39:9]

Islam calls us to seek knowledge. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made seeking knowledge an obligation upon every Muslim, and he explained that the superiority of the one who has knowledge over the one who merely worships is like the superiority of the moon over every other heavenly body. He said that the scholars are the heirs of the Prophets and that the Prophets did not leave behind dinars and dirhams (i.e., money), rather their inheritance was knowledge, so whoever acquires it has gained a great share. And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that seeking knowledge is a way to Paradise. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allaah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, Kitaab al-‘Ilm, 10)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wishes good for a person, He makes him understand the religion.” (Agreed upon. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 69)

Proper understanding of Islam is one of the best of good characteristics with which a Muslim may be honoured, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wishes good for a person, He makes him understand the religion.” (Agreed upon).

After all this if you still say that you dont need the scholars, then you really not following what the prophet peace be up on him said you need to review what you are saying.

Because the Ahadith and Quran is clear the prophet peace be up on him made it clear that the scholars are the heirs of the Prophets

Wa salaam alikom

OsMaN_93

Here to help

“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allâh)”[al-Israa’ 17:36]

So how am i supposed to make dawwa' to people, im not a scholar???

naelb

Guys,

Unfortuantely you continue to read what you want and misinterpret - the discussion direction has diverted a bit - go back and read my message - i was not underestimaing the scholars but was merely highlighting the fact that you don't need scholars on every daily act - we are a nation that should think and follow the spirit and the directions of Allah and prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam and not need to call or visit or follow blindfully (emma3a) - "la yakon a7adokom emma3a"

I'm not disputing the importance of scholars who would lead the nation into a better shape (read the last hadeeth I've recited in my last message) - where are those scholars? Please understand my question and don't reply with names of scholars !

Salam.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Well no more discussion on this topic if you want to sister, you can create a new thread and we can continue discussion in a new thread,

the topic of this thread is clear inshaAllah if you create a new thread we can discuss it there.

Wa salaam alikom.

naelb

One question remains, what would the messanger of Allah, sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam do if he was living amongst us? would he call to boycott Danish products?

Another question for you guys, so If I don't boycott danish products then my love to Allah and prophet is obviously in question; how can I go back to loving them the way I should? would it be only by boycotting the products? Bear in mind I never stopped loving them in the first place . . . . . .

Salam.

Na'el

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

One question remains, what would the messanger of Allah, sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam do if he was living amongst us? would he call to boycott Danish products?

Another question for you guys, so If I don't boycott danish products then my love to Allah and prophet is obviously in question; how can I go back to loving them the way I should? would it be only by boycotting the products? Bear in mind I never stopped loving them in the first place . . . . . .

Salam.

Na'el

salam aleikum

Brother ,I think brothers gave u already good answers on this and there is no point to start this discussion again ,I dont think it will benefit somebody...

waaleikum salam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member

Salam.

Na'el

Salaam alikom

First of all saying IF the prophet was here what he will do is wrong to ask, because iF opens the work of Shayatan for more information I think you need to search on this subject,

# 2 The prophet peace be up on him was given the choice of staying between us or go to his Lord and he chossed his lord.

# 3 I am not sure all these people who calling for not boycoot are they just ignoring or trying be ignorant I asked them to go and READ what are the scholars are saying I dont think you or me or any one on TTI know better than the scholars and I mean real scholars

# 4 I dont know how much love of the prophet peace be up on him you have, no one asked you so its up to you to boycott or not, but if you not boycotting at least dont be a reason to stop others from doing so I dont see what the objective of people who calling for not to boycott

# 5 I asked you and every one who is against the boycott to read the Seerah of companion what did they do to people who mock the prophet peace be up on him, we are not calling for anything volince its a peace full protest and its a F R E E D O M of Choice so why you and other are so objecting to this matter

# 6 I wrote more than once but still I think no one pay attention or you and other are ignoring my request and just following your opniont, that
M U S L I M s tried to have talk with them but they are the one who REFUSED to have even sit with muslim, and said its freedome of speech, after which Muslim started the boycott the products. So why you and other are complaining while they are tone who just hide behinde what so called Freedom of Speech.

# 7 Because of Boycott of their products , a lot of companies in Holland planning a class action law suit against the person who made the movie fitna

So dont tell me that the boycott wont have any effect, I think we all need to read the history what was the reaction of companions with the people who mocked the prophet peace be up on him, in addition we need to read when one of the companion who became Muslim, he informed Quraysh that he wont deliver any rice and other product to them until the apologize to the prophet peace be up on him and once the prophet peace be up on him give him the permission,

I will look for story but if one of the brothers or sisters have the story with companion name please post it

Wa salaam alikom

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
الفيلم الهولندي المسيء للإسلام تعليق ، ونقد ، وتوجيه

سؤال:
خرج في هذه الأيام فيلم هولندي فيه إساءة للإسلام وأهله ، واصفاً لهم بالإرهاب ، فما هو توجيهكم للمسلمين حيال هذا الموضوع ؟

الجواب:

الحمد لله
أولاً:
إن الصراع بين الحق والباطل قديم ، وما يزال جنود الباطل يقفون في وجه الحق في كل عصر ومصر ، فيخذلهم الله تعالى بقوة الحق ، ويقذف الله تعالى بالحق على الباطل فيدمغه فإذا هو زاهق .
ومنذ أن خُذل إبليس وترك استجابة أمر الله تعالى بالسجود لآدم عليه السلام بدأ الكيد للحق وأهله ، وطلب إبليس من ربِّه الإنظار ، لا ليتوب ، بل ليكيد ، وليُكثر من أتباعه ، فيدخل وإياهم نار الله تعالى ، وهناك سيقف خطيباً فيهم ويقول : ( إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَعَدَكُمْ وَعْدَ الْحَقِّ وَوَعَدْتُكُمْ فَأَخْلَفْتُكُمْ وَمَا كَانَ لِيَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ سُلْطَانٍ إِلَّا أَنْ دَعَوْتُكُمْ فَاسْتَجَبْتُمْ لِي فَلا تَلُومُونِي وَلُومُوا أَنْفُسَكُمْ مَا أَنَا بِمُصْرِخِكُمْ وَمَا أَنْتُمْ بِمُصْرِخِيَّ إِنِّي كَفَرْتُ بِمَا أَشْرَكْتُمُونِ مِنْ قَبْلُ إِنَّ الظَّالِمِينَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ ) إبراهيم/ 22 .

ثانياً:
قد تعرَّض الإسلام لمكائد كثيرة وكبيرة ، ولكنَّ الله تعالى تكفَّل بحفظ دينه ؛ لأنه جعله خير الأديان وخاتمتها .

ثالثاً:
نقف هنا مع حدَث حديث ، لن يكون الأخير ؛ لوجود شياطين الإنس والجن ، ومحاولاتهم اليائسة البائسة للنيل من هذا الدين ، وكتابه المقدس والنبي العظيم صلى الله عليه وسلم.
وهذا الحدَث هو ما صنعته يد الإثم والبهتان المسمَّى " غيرت فيلدرز " ، زعيم حزب " الحرية " ، وهو يميني هولندي متعصِّب ، أراد أن يطعن في هذا الدين العظيم ؛ ليُعرف، وليحصِّل مكاسب سياسية ، لكنَّ الله تعالى خذله ، وسيُخذل أكثر وأكثر ، إن شاء الله ، فأنتج ذلك الحاقد " فيلماً " قصيراً لا يتجاوز 17 دقيقة عن الإسلام والقرآن ملأه بالأكاذيب والافتراءات ، وقد سمَّاه " فِتنة " ! ، ولو عُرض ما قاله وقاءه على معهد أو جامعة " أكاديمية " : لكان حقه التوبيخ والإهانة ؛ لعدم موضوعيته ؛ ولتحريفه وتزويره للحقائق .
وقد بدأ فيلمه وأنهاه بوضع صورة مشينة للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم مما رسمته اليد الآثمة المجرمة ، يد الرسام الدنماركي ، وهي تمثل في أول الفيلم قنبلة على عمامة صورة للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم – في زعمه – وهي في أول اشتعالها ، وفي آخر الفيلم تصل الشعلة لنهايتها ، وتنفجر ! وهو يريد بذلك إيصال رسالة خسيسة بأن الإسلام جاء للدمار والخراب ، وأن السكوت عنه سيؤدي إلى زوال الحضارات والأمم غير المسلمة ! .

رابعاً:
يمكننا تقسيم وقفاتنا مع ذلك الفيلم السيئ إلى عدة أقسام :
1. آيات مقتطعة عن سياقاتها ، ومحرَّفةٌ معانيها .
ومن أمثلة ذلك :
أ. أول الآيات في فيلمه قراءة هي قوله تعالى : ( وَأَعِدُّوا لَهُمْ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُمْ مِنْ قُوَّةٍ وَمِنْ رِبَاطِ الْخَيْلِ تُرْهِبُونَ بِهِ عَدُوَّ اللَّهِ وَعَدُوَّكُمْ وَآَخَرِينَ مِنْ دُونِهِمْ ) الأنفال/ 60 .
وقد أوصل القراءة إلى هذا الحدِّ ، ولم يُكملها ، وأراد إثبات لفظ ( تُرهِبون ) للدلالة على أن الإسلام هو الإرهاب ، وهو ما يسعى كثيرون من الحاقدين والجهلة للصقه بالإسلام.
ولسنا نخجل مما في كتاب ربنا تعالى ، ولسنا ننكر هذه الآية ، بل نتعبد الله بقراءتها ، ونسأله التوفيق للعمل بها ، ونرد على استدلاله بهذا المقطع بوجهين اثنين – خشية الإكثار وخروج الرد عن منهج الموقع - :
الأول : أن هذا الذي أنكره على الإسلام هو ما تفعله الدول الكبرى والعظمى ، فهي تنتج الأسلحة الفتاكة ، والقنابل النووية والذرية ، والطائرات ، والغواصات ، وغيرها ؛ حماية لنفسها ؛ وإرهاباً لأعدائها خشية أن يتعدى أحد عليها ! وهو المراد بهذه الآية ، ولم يطمع الكفار المحتلون ببلاد المسلمين إلا عندما عطَّلوا العمل بهذه الآية ، ومن آخر أمثلة ذلك : العراق ، حيث ضغطوا على حكومته لتدمير أسلحته ، وصواريخه ، فلمّا تمَّ ذلك ، وتأكدوا منه : غزوا البلد ، واحتلوه ، وساموا أهله سوء العذاب .
الثاني : أن تكملة سياق الآية بعدها يفسِد عليه ما أراده من إلصاق الإرهاب – بمفهومه هو وعصابته – بالإسلام ، والآية التي بعدها مباشرة : ( وَإِنْ جَنَحُوا لِلسَّلْمِ فَاجْنَحْ لَهَا وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ ) الأنفال/ 61 .
ب. وثاني آية مسموعة في ذلك الفيلم : قوله تعالى : ( إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِنَا سَوْفَ نُصْلِيهِمْ نَاراً كُلَّمَا نَضِجَتْ جُلُودُهُمْ بَدَّلْنَاهُمْ جُلُوداً غَيْرَهَا لِيَذُوقُوا الْعَذَابَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَزِيزاً حَكِيماً ) النساء/ 56 .
ومن تدليس هذا المخرج أنه جاء بهذه الآية ليبين للمشاهدين أن الإسلام يأمر بحرق المخالفين له حتى تنضج جلودهم ! وأن هذا من تشريع الله لهم .
والرد عليه من جهتين :
الأولى : أن فعله تدليس أخرق ؛ لأن الله تعالى يذكر فيها عقوبة الكفار يوم القيامة ! وليس هي في الدنيا ، وقد جاء بعدها ذِكر جزاء المؤمنين الموحدين ، فقال : ( وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ سَنُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَداً لَهُمْ فِيهَا أَزْوَاجٌ مُطَهَّرَةٌ وَنُدْخِلُهُمْ ظِلاًّ ظَلِيلاً ) النساء/ 57 .
والثانية : أن أدنى تأمل في الآية يبين به كذب وافتراء وتدليس هذا المخرج ، ففي الآية قول الله تعالى ( بدَّلْنَاهم جُلُوداً غَيْرَهَا ) وهل يملك المسلمون تبديل جلود من احترقت جلودهم في الدنيا ؟! .
2. صورٌ مفبركة ، أو غير دالة على مراده ، أو هي منكرة في الإسلام أصلاً .
ومن أمثلتها :
أ. صور لمجموعة من الرافضة – الشيعة – تجرح نفسها وأبناءها بالآلات الحادة ، فتُدمى رؤوسهم ، في منظر بشع سيء ، وهذا ليس من ديننا ، وإنما يفعله بعض المنتسبين إلى الإسلام جهلاً منهم وضلالاً .
والصورة التي فيها سيوف مرفوعة عليها دماء : أيضاً هي من صور الرافضة في مناسبات عندهم ، وقد أفهم المخرجُ الكذابُ النّاسَ أنها لمسلمين ! وأنهم للتو قد انتهوا من حفلة تقطيع رؤوس للكفار ! .
ب. ومن الصور المضحكة الواضحة الكذب : صور لنساء مسلمات منتقبات يرفعن لوحات كُتب عليها " بارك الله في هتلر " ! .
ونقول : وهذا واضح أنه كذب وتدليس ، فإن ديننا يمنعنا من الدعاء لمن مات كافراً ، قال الله تعالى : ( مَا كَانَ لِلنَّبِيِّ وَالَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا أَنْ يَسْتَغْفِرُوا لِلْمُشْرِكِينَ وَلَوْ كَانُوا أُولِي قُرْبَى مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمْ أَنَّهُمْ أَصْحَابُ الْجَحِيمِ ) التوبة /113 ، فكيف تدعو نساء منتقبات ملتزمات بأحكام الإسلام لهتلر بالبركة .
3. مقاطع مرئية ، بعضها يحتوي حقّاً لا ريب فيه ، وبعضها تزوير للحقائق ، وتدليس على المشاهدين .
ومن أمثلة ذلك :
أ. لقاء مفبرك مع طفلة صغيرة ، وواضح أنهم لم يحسنوا تمثيلها ، ولا فبركتها ، وذلك من وجهين :
الأول : أنها محجبة ، وهم يسألونها عن دينها ! فلم التلبيس والتدليس وكأنه أمر طبيعي غير مفبرك ؟! .
والثاني : أن الطفلة الممثلة ! سئلت عن رأيها في اليهود والنصارى ، فقالت : قردة وخنازير .
وهذا ليس من ديننا ، فليس فيه أن اليهود والنصارى قردة وخنازير ، وإنما فيه أن طائفة من اليهود السابقين احتالوا على شرع ربهم ، فعاقبهم الله تعالى فمسخهم قردة ، قال الله تعالى : ( وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ الَّذِينَ اعْتَدَوْا مِنْكُمْ فِي السَّبْتِ فَقُلْنَا لَهُمْ كُونُوا قِرَدَةً خَاسِئِينَ ) البقرة/ 65 ، وقال تعالى : ( فَلَمَّا عَتَوْا عَنْ مَا نُهُوا عَنْهُ قُلْنَا لَهُمْ كُونُوا قِرَدَةً خَاسِئِينَ ) الأعراف/ 166 .
ب. ومن المقاطع المرئية المقطوعة عن سياقاتها : مقطع ذلك الخطيب الذي يُخرج السيف ، ويتوعد الكفار ! .
وهذا الشيخ معروف ، وهو عراقي ، رفع السيف في خطبته تهييجاً للناس على الجهاد ضد الكفار المحتلين لبلده - وقد قتله الرافضة عليهم من الله ما يستحقون - ، وماذا يراد من المسلمين إذا احتلت بلادهم ؟ التسليم لأموالهم وأعراضهم ، وانتظار القتل ، أو الرضا والعفو عن المحتل المجرم ؟! بل الإسلام دين العزة ، والكرامة ، والمسلمون يأبوْن الذل ، ولا بدَّ من قتال المحتل ، وهذا مؤيد من أديان الأرض وشرائعه جميعاً ، بل رأس الاحتلال نفسه قال : لو احتلت بلدي لقاتلت المحتل ، وعلى فرض تصديقه أنه يقاتل ولا يفر : فهو لم يقل إلا الحقيقة والواقع ، أي : أن المحتل يقاتَل .
فما هو المنكر في جهاد المسلمين لمن احتل أرضهم ؟

خامساً:
انصبت الأفكار الرئيسية جميعاً على الطعن في الإسلام ، من خلال : السخرية والاستهزاء بالنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ، ومن خلال الطعن في القرآن ، وأنه كتاب " فاشي " ! كما قال في الفيلم ، ومن خلال التنبيه على خطر المساجد ، وكل ذلك حاوله المخرج في فيلمه القصير عن طريق المقاطع المرئية ، والصور المؤثرة ، ومن خلال الموسيقى المصاحبة لهما ، لكنه فشل فشلاً ذريعاً ؛ لاستعماله الكذب ، والتزوير ، والتدليس ، وهو ما لن يقبله منه المشاهد ، حتى لو كان كافراً .
وقد أرجع الله تعالى مكر المخرج على نفسه ، فقد انكبَّ الناس في " هولندا " على الكتب الإسلامية ، وعلى المصاحف ، لشرائها ، والنظر فيها ، وسيرون فيها ما يبين كذب وتزوير ذلك المخرج الفاشل ، وقد حصل بالفعل ، فقد أسلم ثلاثة أشخاص من تلك البلاد بعد عرض الفيلم ، وقد هددت شركات هولندية برفع قضايا على النائب المخرج إذا قاطعت الدول الإسلامية منتوجاتها ، وسيبوء ذلك النائب المخرج بالخزي والعار ، ولا يحيق المكر السيء إلا بأهله .

سادساً:
قد نصر الله تعالى دينه نصراً مبيناً ، فمنذ الإعلان عن قرب عرض الفيلم والمؤسسات والحكومات والأفراد من غير المسلمين ينكرون على النائب فعله ، ويبينون عدم ربط الإسلام بالعنف والإرهاب ، وأن المسلمين هم ضحايا للإرهاب مثل غيرهم ، ومن هؤلاء المنكرين الرافضين لفعل ذلك النائب المخرج : رئيس وزراء هولندا ، وله كلام قوي في إنكاره ورفضه ، وسكرتير هيئة الأمم المتحدة ، والاتحاد الأوربي ، وجمع من الساسة ، والقادة ، والدول ، وقد رفضت المحطات الفضائية العامة والخاصة عرض هذا الفيلم ، ولم يجد إلا موقعاً في " الإنترنت " لينشره .
وجاء في " مفكرة الإسلام " ( السبت 22 ربيع الأول 1429هـ ، 29 – 3 - 2008م ) :
" ففي بروكسل : أدان البرلمان الأوروبي هذا الفيلم المسيء ؛ حيث هاجم رئيس البرلمان " هانز غيرت بوتيرنغ " بشدة النائب الهولندي " فيلدرز " قائلاً في بيان له : إن محتوى الفيلم " يبدو مصمماً لاستفزاز الحساسية الدينية للمسلمين في هولندا وأوروبا والعالم " .
وأضاف قائلاً : " نيابة عن البرلمان الأوروبي أرفض بشدة تأويل الفيلم بأن الإسلام ديانة عنيفة " ، مشيراً إلى أنه يصادق تماماً على بيان الحكومة الهولندية الرافض لفيلم ( فتنة) " .
وكذلك أصدر الاتحاد الأوروبي بيانًا اعتبر فيه الفيلم الذي تبلغ مدته 15 دقيقة " معادياً للإسلام " و " مهيناً " و " ينشر الكراهية " انتهى .
وأما المسلمون فقد تحركوا في الإنكار ، والشجب ، وإخراج البيانات والتحذيرات من الاستمرار في الإساءة لشعائر ديننا ورموزه ، وقد هددت بعض الدول بقطع علاقاتها مع هولندا ، وطالب نواب في بعض الدول بطرد السفير الهولندي ، ومقاطعة البضائع الهولندية ، وعلى الضعف والتفرق الذي يعيشه المسلمون يعتبر هذا نصراً عظيماً للإسلام ، حيث يوجد من يدافع عن ديننا من الكفار والمسلمين ، وقد بعث رئيس وزراء هولندا نفسه رسالة لشيخ الأزهر يبين له فيها رفض حكومته لإنتاج هذا الفيلم وعرضه ، وأن هناك قضية مرفوعة في المحاكم الهولندية .
فكيف سيكون الأمر والحال لو أن المسلمين كانوا على قلب رجل واحد ، وكان لهم من القوة ما يهابهم الحاقدون الأفاكون بسببها ؟! .

سابعاً:
الذي تبين لنا أن ذلك النائب الكاذب أراد تحقيق أهداف من خلال فيلمه ذاك ، ومنها :
1. كسب شخصي ، للشهرة ، والفوز بالانتخابات .
2. إرضاء اليهود ، وقد وضح ذلك في فيلمه في عدة مقاطع يُظهر فيه الشفقة عليهم ! وهم محتلون مجرمون ، وفي الوقت الذي تكلَّم فيه عن القتل عند المسلمين : نسي أو تناسى أمرين :
الأول : أن الذي حرق الملايين من اليهود : نصراني ! وهو هتلر ! وقد ذكر في كتابه " كفاحي " أن هذا كان بأمر الله ! .
والثاني : أن اليهود قتلوا وشردوا من المسلمين أعداداً كبيرة ، ولم يخجلوا من أنفسهم في معركتهم الأخيرة على " غزة " أن يسموا فعلهم " محرقة " ! .
3. تنبيه الغرب على ارتفاع نسبة المسلمين في بلادهم ، وأن كثرة أعداد المسلمين تشكل خطراً على أوربا ! .
4. تنبيه أوربا عموما ، وهولندا على وجه الخصوص من انتشار المساجد فيها ، وقد بان ذلك من خلال نشره لصور مساجد في هولندا ؛ ليحذر من وجودها .
5. محاولة منع المصحف من التداول في أوربا ، ومقارنة القرآن الكريم بكتاب هتلر " كفاحي " ! ومن هنا فقد وصف القرآن بـ " الفاشي " ! وهو مصطلح يشير إلى العنف والقسوة .
وقد خذل الله هذا النائب المخرج بذلك العمل الهزيل ، المليء بالكذب ، والافتراء ، وسيرى الناس الفرق بين الكذب والحقيقة عندما يطلعون على القرآن الكريم ، وعلى ما كتب عنه وعن الإسلام من عقلاء أقوامهم ، وسيكون هذا الفيلم دافعاً لهم لتلك القراءة ، وذلك الاطلاع ، إن شاء الله ، ولعله يكون سبباً لإنقاذ كثيرين من الضلالة .

ثامناً:
وصفُ الإسلام بالإرهاب والعنف : هو الرسالة الأصلية لهذا الفيلم ، وهذا : ليس إلا إفكاً مفترىً ، فالإسلام دين الرحمة ، والعدل ، والإنسانية ، وهو الذي أنقذ أهل الأديان من جور حكامهم ، ومخالفيهم ، كما كان الحال في " الأندلس " ، وفي " مصر " وغيرهما من البلدان التي كان يسام فيها أهل المخالفة سوء العذاب ، حتى اليهود منهم ! .
قال " إسرائيل ولفنسون " :
" إن الخسارة القليلة التي لحقت بيهود بلاد الحجاز ضئيلة بالقياس إلى الفائدة التي اكتسبها اليهود من ظهور الإسلام ، لقد أنقذ الفاتحون المسلمون آلافاً من اليهود كانوا منتشرين في أقاليم الدولة الرومية ، وكانوا يقاسون ألواناً من العذاب " .
" اليهود والتحالف مع الأقوياء " الدكتور نعمان عبد الرزاق السامرائي ، بواسطة مقال الأستاذ خالد جودة " الفارق الإنساني بين حضارة الإسلام وثقافة الغرب " .
وليس الإسلام دين ذل وهوان ، فالجهاد في سبيل الله من شعائره ، ومن أعظم الأعمال فيه ، وهو مشروع لحماية المسلمين من عدوهم ، ولتبليغ دين الله تعالى ، ونشر كلمة التوحيد في آفاق الأرض ، وليس في الإسلام أنه يُكره الناس على دخوله ؛ لأن من شرط الإسلام الصدق والإخلاص ، فإذا لم يتصف بهما فسيكون منافقاً بين صفوف المسلمين، ولا يحرص الإسلام على وجود هذا الصنف الدنيء بين أفراده ، بينما نجد القساوسة والرهبان قد ساهموا في إجبار الناس على اعتناق النصرانية في أوربا وغيرها ، حتى بلغ القتلى من أجل ذلك الهدف أعداداً مهولة ، قال المؤرخ " بريفولت " إنها من 7 – 15 مليوناً ! .
ومن الظلم البيِّن الالتفات إلى أخطاء بعض المسلمين مما ينكره علماؤه وأئمته من قتل الأبرياء ، ونسبة ذلك للإسلام – كما جاء في بعض مقاطع في الفيلم نحو تفجير قطارات لندن ومدريد وأمثال ذلك ، فهذا كله أنكره أهل العلم مع أنه لم يكن ابتداء من أحد ، وإنما كان ردة فعل من الظلم والقهر - وفي الوقت ذاته يغفل هؤلاء عن قتلى الحرب العالمية الأولى والثانية والتي مات فيهما عشرات الملايين – قتلى الحرب الأولى : 14 مليوناً ! وقتلى الثانية : 55 مليوناً ! - ولم تكن بين المسلمين والنصارى ، بل كانت بينهم أنفسهم ، وعن قتلى اليابان من القنبلة الذرية الأميركية ، وقتلى الهنود الحمر من الأمريكان ، وقتلى الشعوب الآسيوية من الأمريكان أيضاً ، وقتلى المستعمرين المحتلين .
ويغفلون عن الدمار والإرهاب الذي جاءت به الحملات الصليبية على بلاد المسلمين ، ويغفلون عما تفعله أمريكا وحلفاؤها اليوم في أفغانستان ، والعراق ، وما فعله الصرب بمباركة القساوسة في المسلمين في " البوسنة " ، وغير ذلك الكثير والكثير ، وإن نسي التاريخ أشياء : فإنه لا ينسى " محاكم التفتيش " ، وخاصة تلك التي كانت في " إسبانيا ".
قال " غوستاف لوبون " في كتابه " حضارة العرب " :
" وعاهد " فرديناند " العربَ على منحهم حرية التدين ، واللغة ، ولكنه في سنة 1499م : لم تكد تحل : حتى حلَّ بالعرب دور الاضطهاد ، والتعذيب الذي دام قروناً ! والذي لم ينته إلا بطرد العرب من " أسبانية " ، وكان تعميد العرب كرهاً فاتحة ذلك الدور ، ثم صارت " محاكم التفتيش " تأمر بإحراق كثير من المعمَّدين على أنهم من النصارى ، ولم تتم عملية التطهر بالنار إلا بالتدريج ، لتعذر إحراق الملايين من العرب دفعة واحدة ! .
ونصح كردينال طليطلة التقي ! الذي كان رئيساً لمحاكم التفتيش بقطع رؤوس جميع من لم يتنصر من العرب ، رجالاً ، ونساءً ، وشيوخاً ، وولداناً ، ولم ير الراهب الدومينيكي " بليدا " الكفاية في ذلك ، فأشار بضرب رقاب من تنصر من العرب ، ومَن بقي على دينه منهم ، وحجته في ذلك : أن من المستحيل معرفة صدق إيمان من تنصر من العرب ، فمن المستحب إذن قتل جميع العرب بحد السيف ؛ لكي يحكم الرب بينهم في الحياة الأخرى ، ويُدخِل النار من لم يكن صادق النصرانية منهم ! ....
ولا يسعنا سوى الاعتراف بأننا لم نجد بين وحوش الفاتحين من يؤاخذ على اقترافه مظالم قتل كتلك التي اقترفت ضد المسلمين .
" حضارة العرب " ( ص 270 – 272 ) باختصار .
ومن يتأمل الآن يجد أن أهل الإرهاب هم أهل الأديان الأخرى من النصارى ، واليهود ، والهندوس ، والسيخ ، ويجد أن المسلمين هم ضحايا هذا الإرهاب ، فمتى يستيقظ النيام من نومهم ؟! ومتى يصحو الغافلون من غفلتهم ؟! .
ونقول لهذا النائب الكاذب الذي يدعونا لتمزيق آيات إرهابية من القرآن الكريم – على حد زعمه - : تعال لنر كتابك المقدَّس ماذا فيه من الإرهاب - بنفس زعمك - :
إن كنت يهوديّاً تؤمن بالعهد القديم : فهاك ما فيه مما ينسب إلى الرب تعالى مما قاله لموسى :
في " سفر التثنية " ( 20 ، 10 – 17 ) : " إذا دَنوتَ منَ القرية لتقاتِلهم ادعُهم أوّلاً إلى الصّلح... فأمّا القرى التي تعطَى أنت إيّاها فلا تستحيِ منها نفسًا ألبتّة ، ولكن أهلِكهم إهلاكًا كلَّهم بحدِّ السيف الحَيثِيّ والأموري والكنعاني والفرزي ، كما أوصاك الربّ إلَهُك " .
وإن كنت نصرانيّاً وأردت شيئاً من العهد الجديد : فهاك بعض ما فيه :
في " متَّى " ( 10 / 34 – 36 ) : يروى فيه عن عيسى عليه السلام قال : " لا تظنّوا أني جِئت لأحمِلَ السلام إلى العالم ، ما جِئتُ لأحمل سلاماً بل سَيفاً ، جئتُ لأفرّق بين الابن وأبيه ، والبنتِ وأمّها ، والكَنَّة وحماتها ، ويكون أعداء الإنسان أهل بيته " .
وللاستزادة : ينظر كتاب " السيف بين القرآن والكتاب المقدس " للدكتور حبيب عبد الملك :
http://www.elforkan.com/7ewar/showthread.php?t=7597

تاسعاً:
الواجب على المسلمين الآن :
1. عدم إحداث مشكلات في بلادهم ، من مظاهرات تُحطم فيها الممتلكات ، أو تراق فيها الدماء .
2. إرجاع الأمر إلى العلماء والحكماء لمعالجة الأمر ، هذا أو غيره مما يشبهه .
3. السعي نحو التمسك بالإسلام قولاً وعملاً ، فهذا من جهة يساهم في انتشار الإسلام ، ومن جهة أخرى يغيظ الكفار الحاقدين على الإسلام وأهله .
4. الدعوة إلى الله بحكمة وعلم ، وتوزيع المصاحف المترجمة ، والكتب الإسلامية الميسرة على غير المسلمين ، والاستعانة في ذلك بالمؤسسات الإسلامية الموثوقة ، والعلماء الثقات .

والله الهادي

الإسلام سؤال وجواب

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

The translation of above Q and A, I am not sure how much time the people who are against the boycott will spend to read this article or answer, but its up to them.

The anti-Islam Dutch film – comment, criticism and advice

Question:
A Dutch film has recently been released that maligns Islam and Muslims, and describes them as terrorists. What is your advice to the Muslims concerning this matter?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The conflict between truth and falsehood is an ancient one. The troops of falsehood continue to confront the truth at all times and in all places. But Allaah caused them to be defeated by the strength of the truth and He hurls the truth against falsehood and destroys it, so it is bound to vanish.

Ever since Iblees was humiliated and refused to respond to the command of Allaah to prostrate to Adam (peace be upon him), he began to plot against the truth and its followers. Iblees asked his Lord for a respite, not so that he could repent, but so that he could plot, and increase the number of his followers and bring them into the Fire of Allaah, where he will stand and address them, saying:

“ ‘Verily, Allaah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allaah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)’”

[Ibraaheem 14:22].

Secondly:

Islam has faced many great plots, but Allaah has guaranteed to protect His religion, because He has made it the best of religions and the final religion.

Thirdly:

Here we are dealing with a new incident, but it will not be the last, because of the devils among mankind and the jinn and their ultimately hopeless attempts to impugn this religion, this Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and this Holy Book.

This incident is what has been wrought by the sinful hands of a man called Geert Wilders, the leader of the “Freedom” Party, which is a right-wing, racist Dutch party. He wanted to slander this great religion in order to become well known and to make political gains, but Allaah foiled him and he will be foiled time and again, in sha Allaah. This hater made a short film of seventeen minutes about Islam and the Qur’aan, filled with lies and fabrications, and he called it “Fitnah”! If what he said was presented to an academic institution or university, he would deserve to be rebuked and scorned, because of his lack of objectivity, and because of his distortion of facts.

His film starts and ends with an offensive image of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that was drawn by the sinful, criminal hands of the Danish artist. At the beginning it shows a bomb in the turban of the so-called picture of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), where the fuse has just been lit. At the end of the film, the fuse has burnt down, then it explodes. Thus he wants to send the despicable message that Islam came to wreak havoc and destruction, and that remaining silent about it will lead to the demise of non-Muslim civilizations and nations.

Fourthly:

We can divide our opinions about this evil film into a number of categories:

1. Verses which are quoted out of context and their meanings distorted.

For example:

(a)

The first verse to be quoted in his film is (interpretation of the meaning):

“And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of war (tanks, planes, missiles, artillery) to threaten the enemy of Allaah and your enemy, and others besides…”

[al-Anfaal 8:60].

The quotation reaches this point but does not complete it. He wants to highlight the word “threaten” to indicate that Islam equals terrorism, which is how many haters and ignorant people want to label Islam.

We are not ashamed of what is in the Book of Allaah and we do not deny this verse, rather we worship Allaah by reciting it, and we ask Him to help us to act in accordance with it. But we reject his quoting this part of it on the basis of two things, to keep the discussion short:

Firstly, what he is denouncing Islam for is something that is done by all great and mighty nations. They produce lethal weapons, atomic bombs, planes, submarines and so on, to defend themselves and to threaten their enemies lest anyone attack them. This is what is meant in this verse. The kaafirs who occupy Muslim lands could not have dared to do so except when the Muslims ceased to implement this verse. The most recent example of that is Iraq, where they put pressure on the government to destroy their weapons and missiles, then when that had been done and confirmed, they invaded and occupied the land, and mistreated its people.

Secondly, understanding the context of the verse properly will prove wrong the label of terrorism that he wants to apply to Islam, as he and his gang understand it. The verse which comes directly after this one says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But if they incline to peace, you also incline to it, and (put your) trust in Allaah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower”

[al-Anfaal 8:61].

(b)

The second verse that is heard in the film is (interpretation of the meaning):

“Surely, those who disbelieved in Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), We shall burn them in Fire. As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for other skins that they may taste the punishment. Truly, Allaah is Ever Most Powerful, All‑Wise”

[al-Nisa’ 4:56].

The deception here is that this movie director quotes this verse to show viewers that Islam enjoins burning those who go against it until their skin is cooked, and this is something that Allaah has prescribed for them.

This may be refuted on two counts:

Firstly, what he does is a foolish deception, because in this verse Allaah is speaking of the punishment of the kaafirs on the Day of Resurrection, not in this world. It is followed by mention of the reward of the believers who affirm His Oneness (Tawheed):

“But those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism) and do deeds of righteousness, We shall admit them to Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), abiding therein forever. Therein they shall have Azwaajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), and We shall admit them to shades wide and ever deepening (Paradise)”

[al-Nisa’ 4:57].

Secondly, even the briefest pondering of this verse will show the lies, fabrications and misquotations of this director. In this verse, Allaah says “We shall change them for other skins”. Are the Muslims able to change the skins of those whose skins are burned in this world?!

2. Fabricated pictures, or pictures that do not show what he is trying to prove, or that show things which are denounced in Islam altogether

For example:

(a)

Pictures of a group of Raafidis – Shi’ah – wounding themselves and their children with sharp tools, causing their heads to bleed, in a disgusting scene. This is not part of our religion, rather it is done by some of those who call themselves Muslims out of ignorance and misguidance on their part.

The picture which shows swords being held aloft covered with blood is also an image of the Shi’ah on their special occasions, but the lying filmmaker wants to make people think that these are Muslims and that they have just finished a party where kaafirs’ heads were cut off.

(b)

Another ridiculous and clearly false image is the picture of Muslim women in niqaab waving placards on which it is written “God bless Hitler”!

We say: This is clearly a lie and a fabrication. In our religion we are forbidden to pray for the one who dies a kaafir. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allaah’s forgiveness for the Mushrikoon, even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)”

[al-Tawbah 9:113].

How can women who wear niqaab and adhere to the rulings of Islam pray for blessing for Hitler?

3. Video clips, some of which contain facts which cannot be doubted and others contain distortion of facts and deceive viewers.

For example:

(a)

A fabricated meeting with a little girl. It is obvious that they have not presented her or fabricated her story very well, for two reasons:

Firstly, she is wearing hijab, and they are asking her about her religion. It is obvious that she is acting.

Secondly, the child who was acting was asked about her opinion of Jews and Christians and she said that they are monkeys and pigs.

This is not part of our religion; Islam does not say that the Jews and Christians are monkeys and pigs, rather it says that a group of Jews in the past tried to use tricks to circumvent the laws of their Lord, so Allaah punished them by turning them into monkeys. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed you knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath (i.e. Saturday). We said to them: ‘Be you monkeys, despised and rejected’”

[al-Baqarah 2:65]

“So when they exceeded the limits of what they were prohibited, We said to them: ‘Be you monkeys, despised and rejected’”

[al-A’raaf 7:166].

(b)

Showing video clips out of context, such as the clip of a khateeb (preacher) who brandishes a sword and threatens the kuffaar.

This Shaykh is well known. He was Iraqi and he waved the sword during his khutbah (sermon) to encourage the people to fight against the kuffaar who are occupying his country, and he was killed by the Raafidis – may they get from Allaah what they deserve. What does he expect the Muslims to do if their land is occupied? Give up their wealth and their honour, and wait to be killed, or approve and forgive the criminal occupier?! No, Islam is a religion of pride and dignity, and the Muslims refuse to be humiliated; they have no alternative but to fight the occupier. This is confirmed by every religion and law on earth. In fact the leader of the occupation himself said, “If my country were occupied I would fight the occupier.” If we assume that he would indeed fight and not run away, he is only speaking the truth, i.e., that the occupier is to be fought.

What is wrong with the Muslims fighting a jihad against those who occupy their land?

Fifthly:

The main ideas of the film are all aimed at insulting Islam by mocking and making fun of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him); by reviling the Qur’aan and calling it a “fascist” book, as it says in the film; and by warning of the danger of mosques. All of that the filmmaker tries to do in his short film by use of video clips, moving images and the accompanying music, but he fails miserably, because he uses lies, falsification and deceit, which will never be accepted by the viewer, even if he is a kaafir.

But Allaah has caused his plot to backfire, because the people in Holland are rushing to buy Islamic books and copies of the Qur’aan, to see what is in them, and they will see in them that which will show the falseness and fabrication of what this failed filmmaker has produced. This has indeed happened; three people from that country became Muslim after watching the film, and Dutch companies have threatened to take this filmmaker, who is also an MP, to court if Muslim countries boycott their products. Thus this MP will be humiliated and shamed, and the evil plot will not affect anyone but its authors.

Sixthly:

Allaah has clearly supported His religion. Since the launch of the movie was announced, non-Muslim organizations, governments and individuals have denounced this filmmaking MP, and stated that Islam has nothing to do with violence and terrorism, and that Muslims themselves are victims of terrorism as well as others. Among those who have denounced and objected to the actions of this filmmaking MP is the Prime Minister of the Netherlands, who said strong words against it; the Secretary of the United Nations; the European Union; and a number of politicians, leaders and countries. Satellite channels, both public and private, have refused to show this film, and he could only find one web site that would publish it.

In Mufakkirat al-Islam (Saturday 22 Rabee’ al-Awwa; 1429 AH/29 March 2008), it says:

In Brussels, the European Parliament condemned this offensive film, and the President of the Parliament, Hans-Gert Pöttering, attacked the Dutch MP Wilders, saying: The contents of the film seem designed to stir up the religious sensitivities of Muslims in the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide.

He added: On behalf of the European Parliament, I emphatically refuse to accept the film’s message that Islam is a violent religion – indicating that he fully endorsed the statement of the Dutch government which rejected the film “Fitnah”.

Similarly, the European Union issued a statement that it regarded the fifteen-minute-long film as hostile and offensive to Islam, and likely to spread hate. End quote.

As for the Muslims, they took action to denounce and condemn the film, and they issued statements and warnings against continuing to malign the symbols of our religion. Some countries threatened to cut ties with the Netherlands, and MPs in some countries demanded the expulsion of the Dutch ambassador and boycotts of Dutch products. Despite the weakness and disunity in which the Muslims are living, this was regarded as great support for Islam, as there are people among both the kuffaar and the Muslims who are defending our religion. The Prime Minister of the Netherlands himself sent a letter to the Shaykh of al-Azhar, stating that his government objected to the production and showing of this film, and that a case had been brought before the Dutch courts.

How would the situation be if the Muslims were truly united and they had the strength to instil respect and awe in the hearts of those haters and fabricators?

Seventhly:

It seems to us that this lying MP wanted to achieve certain aims by making this film, including the following:

1. Personal gain, fame and victory at the polls.

2. Pleasing the Jews. That is obvious in his film, as in a number of clips he expresses sympathy for them. But they are occupiers and criminals. At the same time as he speaks of killing by Muslims, he forgets or pretends to forget two things:

(i) That the one who burned millions of Jews was a Christian, namely Hitler, who said in his book Mein Kampf that this was on the orders of God!

(ii) That the Jews killed and expelled a great number of Muslims, and they were not ashamed to call their latest battle against Gaza a “holocaust”.

3. Alerting the West to the high percentages of Muslims in their countries, and saying that large numbers of Muslims poses a danger to Europe.

4. Alerting Europe in general, and the Netherlands in particular, to the spread of mosques in their lands. This is clear from his showing pictures of mosques in the Netherlands, to warn of their presence.

5. Attempting to ban circulation of Qur’aans in Europe, and computing the Holy Qur’aan to Hitler’s book Mein Kampf! Hence he describes the Qur’aan as “fascist”, which is a word that is indicative of violence and harshness

Allaah has humiliated this filmmaking MP by means of this pathetic work that is filled with lies and fabrications. People will see the difference between lies and the truth when they read the Holy Qur’aan and what has been written about Islam and about him by the wise among their own people. This film will motivate them to read and find out, in sha Allaah, and perhaps it will be the cause of many being saved from misguidance.

Eighthly:

The basic message of this film is to describe Islam as a terrorist and violent religion. But this is no more than a fabrication. Islam is the religion of mercy, justice and humanity. It is what saved the people of other religions from the injustice and wrongdoing of their rulers, as happened in Andalusia, Egypt and other countries in which people of other groups were badly mistreated, including the Jews.

Israel Wolfenson says:

The minor losses incurred by the Jews in the Hijaz are insignificant in comparison with the benefits that the Jews gained with the emergence of Islam. The Muslim conquerors saved thousands of Jews who were spread throughout the lands of the Roman Empire, and who were faced with all kinds of persecution.

Al-Yahood wa’l-Tahaaluf ma’a al-Aqwiya’ by Dr. Nu’maan ‘Abd al-Razzaaq al-Saamara’i, quoted in an article by Professor Khaalid Joodah, al-Faariq al-Insaani bayna Hadaarat al-Islam wa Thaqaafat al-Gharb.

Islam is not a religion which accepts humiliation, and jihad for the sake of Allaah is one of its main principles and one of the greatest of deeds in Islam. It is prescribed in order to protect the Muslims from their enemies, to convey the religion of Allaah, and to spread the word of Tawheed (divine Oneness) throughout the world. Islam does not say that people must be forced to enter it, because one of the conditions of Islam (being Muslim) is sincerity, and if there is no sincerity then one is a hypocrite among the ranks of Muslims, and Islam does not want this base characteristic among its followers. On the other hand, we find that priests and monks have played a part in forcing people to accept Christianity in Europe and elsewhere, and the numbers of people who were slain in pursuit of this aim is very great indeed; historians say that they are between 7 and 15 million!

Another obvious wrong is focusing on the mistakes of some Muslims who were denounced by Muslim scholars and leaders for killing innocent people and attributing that to Islam – as happens in some clips in the film about the bombs on the trains in London and Madrid and the like. All of that was denounced by Muslim scholars, even though these deeds were a reaction against wrongdoing and oppression. At the same time they ignore those who were slain in the First and Second World Wars in which tens of millions died – 14 million in WW1 and 55 million in WW2. Those wars were not between the Muslims and Christians, rather they were amongst themselves. They did not make any mention either of the people killed in Japan by the American Atomic bombs, or the “Red Indians” (Native Americans) killed by the Americans, or the Asian people also killed by the Americans, or those who were killed by colonialists and occupiers.

They ignore the destruction and terrorism wrought by the crusader attacks against Muslim lands; they ignore what America and its allies are doing today in Afghanistan and Iraq; what the Serbs did with the blessing of the priests in Bosnia; and much, much more. If there are things that history may forget about, it can never forget what the Inquisition did, especially in Spain.

Gustave le Bon says in his book Arab Civilization:

Ferdinand promised to give the Arabs freedom of religion and language, but in 1499 the persecution of the Arabs began, which lasted for centuries, and which did not end until the Arabs had been expelled from Spain. It started with forcing Arabs to be baptized, then the Inquisition ordered that many of those who had been baptised be burned on the grounds that they were not really Christians. This “purging by fire” continued slowly because it was not possible to burn millions of Arabs in one go.

The “pious” Cardinal of Toledo, who was the head of the Inquisition, advised cutting off the heads of all the Arabs who did not become Christian, men, women, old people and children. The Dominican monk Baleda did not think that this was sufficient, and advised that the Arabs who had become Christian should also be beheaded, as well as those who had remained Muslim. His reason for doing so was that it was impossible to know whether the faith of those Arabs who had become Christian was sincere, so it was preferable to kill all of the Arabs with the sword, so that God could judge between them in the afterlife, and send to Hell those whose Christianity was not sincere!
We can only admit that we cannot find such vicious conquerors who should be condemned for unlawful slaughter like that committed against the Muslims!

Hadaarat al-‘Arab (p. 270-272)

Anyone who thinks about it now will find that the terrorists are people of other religions, Christians, Jews, Hindus and Sikhs; he will find that the Muslims are the victims of this terror. When will the sleepers wake up?! When with the heedless become aware?

We said to this lying MP who is calling us to rip the terrorist pages out of the Holy Qur’aan – as he claims: Come and let us see what your Holy Bible says about terrorism:

If you are a Jew who believes in the Old Testament, then see what is attributed to the Lord, when He said to Moses in Deuteronomy 20:10, 16-17:

“When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace …

However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you.”

If you are a Christian and want something from the New Testament, then here are some texts from it.

In Matthew 10:34-36, it is narrated that Jesus (peace be upon him) said:

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law

36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.”

For more information see al-Sayf bayna al-Qur’aan wa’l-Kitaab al-Muqaddas by Dr. Habeeb ‘Abd al-Malik.

http://www.elforkan.com/7ewar/showthread.php?t=7597

Ninthly:

What the Muslims should do now is:

1. Not cause problems in their own countries, such as demonstrations in which property is destroyed or blood is shed.

2. Refer the matter to scholars and wise men to deal with it, or something similar.

3. Strive to adhere to Islam in word and deed, which means taking part in spreading Islam and annoying the kaafirs who hate Islam and the Muslims.

4. Call people to Allaah with wisdom and knowledge, distribute translations of the meanings of the Qur’aan and easy-to-read Islamic books, and seek the help of trustworthy Islamic organizations and trustworthy scholars in doing so.

And Allaah is the Guide.

Islam Q&A

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I dont have the article I was looking for in which UN refused to pass a law to respect all the religion, which was proposed by Islamic countries
but it was ok to pass a law in which they can arrest any one who doubt the holocaust. Oh well what a freedom of speech !!!

any way here is one article...

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) -- Former Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad is urging the world's 1.3 billion Muslims to boycott Dutch products following the release of an anti-Islam movie by a maverick anti-immigrant lawmaker, a news report said Sunday.

His government, meanwhile, has joined the international community in strongly condemning the 15-minute film, calling it disrespectful and insensitive.

Mahathir was quoted as saying by the Malay-language Utusan Malaysia "If Muslims unite, it will be easy to take action." If we boycott Dutch products, they will have to close down their businesses."

Dutch anti-immigrant politician Geert Wilders' movie, titled "Fitna," or "ordeal" in Arabic, was posted online Thursday but removed from the site, LiveLeak.com, one day later.

Meanwhile, Australia has condemned the film, with the foreign minister calling it "highly offensive."

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith rejects the film's premise of equating Islam with acts of terror and violence and says it is an attempt to incite racial hatred.

Islamic and Arab leaders denounced the film Saturday, demanding international laws to prevent insults to religions.

The film brought condemnations from Muslim capitals and street protests in Pakistan after it was posted on a Web site Thursday.

film came on the heels of the republishing in Danish papers of a cartoon of Islam's Prophet Muhammad that Muslims view as insulting.

Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir called on Muslims at an Arab summit in Damascus to "challenge those who insult" the prophet and proposed "a binding international charter" calling for the respect of religious beliefs.

"The offenses against our Arab and Islamic nations under the banner of freedom of expression are derogatory and defamatory and go against all human values," al-Bashir said.

In Cairo, Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit called Wilders' film "a humiliation" to Islam.

Wilders said he made the film because "Islam and the Quran are dangers to the preservation of freedom in the Netherlands in the long term, and I have to warn people of that." It shows statements from radical clerics and cites Quranic verses interspersed with images from September 11, 2001, and other terror attacks

His government, meanwhile, has joined the international community in strongly condemning the 15-minute film, calling it disrespectful and insensitive.

Mahathir was quoted as saying by the Malay-language Utusan Malaysia "If Muslims unite, it will be easy to take action." If we boycott Dutch products, they will have to close down their businesses."

Dutch anti-immigrant politician Geert Wilders' movie, titled "Fitna," or "ordeal" in Arabic, was posted online Thursday but removed from the site, LiveLeak.com, one day later.

Meanwhile, Australia has condemned the film, with the foreign minister calling it "highly offensive."

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith rejects the film's premise of equating Islam with acts of terror and violence and says it is an attempt to incite racial hatred.

Islamic and Arab leaders denounced the film Saturday, demanding international laws to prevent insults to religions.

The film brought condemnations from Muslim capitals and street protests in Pakistan after it was posted on a Web site Thursday.

The film came on the heels of the republishing in Danish papers of a cartoon of Islam's Prophet Muhammad that Muslims view as insulting.

Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir called on Muslims at an Arab summit in Damascus to "challenge those who insult" the prophet and proposed "a binding international charter" calling for the respect of religious beliefs.

"The offenses against our Arab and Islamic nations under the banner of freedom of expression are derogatory and defamatory and go against all human values," al-Bashir said.

In Cairo, Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit called Wilders' film "a humiliation" to Islam.

Wilders said he made the film because "Islam and the Quran are dangers to the preservation of freedom in the Netherlands in the long term, and I have to warn people of that." It shows statements from radical clerics and cites Quranic verses interspersed with images from September 11, 2001, and other terror attacks

The European Union's 27 foreign ministers said they too objected to the film's depiction of Islam.

"This view is sharply rejected," they said in a joint statement released at the end of a two-day meeting in Slovenia. "The vast majority of Muslims reject extremism and violence."

But unlike the Arab leaders, the European ministers defended the right to freedom of speech and called on Muslims to react peacefully. "Feeling offended is no excuse for aggression or threats," they said.

The Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference said the film was intended to fuel hatred of Islam and "incite disturbances, conflicts and to threaten the security and stability of the world."

The organization's secretary-general, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, said at the Damascus summit that the cartoons and the film only increase anti-Islamic sentiments in the West at a critical time. However, he praised the Dutch government for distancing itself from the movie.

Hundreds of Muslims have demonstrated in Pakistan over the film and the country's Foreign Ministry summoned the Dutch ambassador to deliver an official complaint against what it called a "defamatory film which deeply offended the sentiments of Muslims all over the world."

source

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/30/malaysia.fitna.ap/#cnnSTCText

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

If Ummah ( the Nation ) have united on an issue why there are people always go against the wave, even though the scholars said its ok As long as its peacfully and dosnt harm any one, ...

This the L E A S T we can do and its F R E E D O M O F C H O I C E

that I want to boycott them !! any one dont want to they dont have to particpate in this.

Wa salaam

JEDDAH, 14 April 2008 — Following the release of the 15-minute film “Fitna,” which was launched via the Internet on March 27, created by Dutch MP Geert Wilders’, Muslim leaders and Islamic scholars have called for the immediate boycott of Dutch products worldwide.

In the movie, Wilders links terrorism with verses of the Qur’an and described Islam’s holy book as, “fascist literature, which calls on Muslims to perpetrate acts of violence.” The movie also begins and ends with the infamous cartoon of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that was originally published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten in 2005 and later in other dailies in other countries.

The Jeddah-based Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) Secretary General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu expressed his concerns on the dangerous implications of “Islamophobic actions,” such as the film and the cartoons.
He called such forms of expression a “widespread insult to the sentiment of Muslims of the world,” adding that the movie was “a reprehensible act of incitement and intolerance against peaceful inter-religious and inter-communal cohabitation that challenges the global agenda for peace and development. “
Angered reactions did not only come from within Saudi Arabia but also other Islamic countries, including Jordan, which has recently began a national campaign to push for taking Wilders to court.

Furthermore, just last week, Former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamed urged Malaysia and the Muslim world to launch a boycott of Dutch products, saying that the impact of such consumer actions by the world’s 1.3 billion Muslims would lead to the Netherlands having to “close shop” and added that a boycott would be a productive way of putting pressure on the Dutch government to ban the screening of the film altogether.

Arab News tried for several days to speak to Ambassador Nicholaas Beets at the Embassy of the Netherlands in Riyadh to get an official reaction on the film and to inquire about the course of action that would be taken if Saudi Arabia decides to go ahead with a boycott but was met with no comment.
However a reliable source from within the embassy spoke to Arab News saying, “The ambassador has been attending meetings with top embassy officials to come to an agreement and a course of action before releasing a formal statement,” the source said.

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who leads the world’s largest Muslim country, which also allows freedom of religion, said he had forbidden the entry of the anti-Islamic film into his country because the film would destroy the harmonious relations among people of different backgrounds. “I have banned the entry and distribution of the film and have asked the Dutch prime minister to withdraw the film from all distribution channels,” Yudhoyono told thousands attending a service to mark the Prophet’s birthday. He also said Wilders would be banned from entering Indonesia .

Iranian Parliament Speaker Gholam Ali Hadded Adel was quoted by Iranian press TV as saying that the Muslim world should boycott trade with any country that allows insults to Islam and that sacrilege of Islamic sanctities is the worst kind of cultural onslaught and violation of human rights.

Last week, Iran also summoned Dutch Ambassador Radinck van Vollenhoven to protest at the film which, for his part voiced sorrow over the film’s release stating that it had been condemned by the Dutch government.

Still others expressing outrage over the film include the Muslim nations of Syria, Pakistan, and Bangladesh as well as top officials such as United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon who said that the film was “offensively anti-Islamic” while adding that there is “no justification for hateful speech or incitement to violence.”

But what do the Dutch really think about the film despite the government’s efforts to distance themselves from Wilders? According to a poll of 1,200 persons, conducted in the Netherlands by well-known pollster Maurice de Hond, one-third of the Dutch population had seen the film in its entirety or in part a day after the film was posted on the Internet.

The poll found that 20 percent thought it was good that Wilders made and released the film while 25 percent said they thought it would have been better that Wilders did not make and release the film. The same poll found 48 percent of the Dutch were indifferent regarding the subject.

Bernard Wientjes, head of the Netherlands Employer’s Organization, has suggested that Dutch businessmen sue Wilders for financial damages should the film result in monetary losses due to any boycotting. The BBC also reported that Kurt Westergaard, the artist who painted the controversial cartoon, is suing Wilders for copyright infringement.

In an interview with Wilders published in the UK Observer in February, the freedom Party leader as saying he’s got nothing against Muslims, he just hates Islam.

“I have a problem with Islamic traditions, culture, ideology, not with Muslim people,” he reportedly said.
“Islam is something we can’t afford anymore in the Netherlands ,” he continued, adding that he wants the Qur’an banned, no more mosques, Islamic schools or Imams in Holland . “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims,” concluded Wilders, who for the past three years has been living under constant police guard due to his “honest” views, according to the same article

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
March 29, 2008
Dutch businesses threaten to sue Wilders over Fitna

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

"Dutch businesses threaten to sue over anti-Islam film," from Agence France-Presse:

THE HAGUE (AFP) — Dutch businesses Saturday threatened to sue far-right lawmaker Geert Wilders if his anti-Islam film led to a commercial boycott, as several more Muslim countries condemned it.

"I don't know if Wilders is rich, or well-insured, but in the case of a boycott, we would look to see if we could make him bear responsibility," Bernard Wientjes, chairman of the Dutch employers' organisation VNO-NCW, told the newspaper Het Financieel Dagblad.

"A boycott would hurt Dutch exports. Businesses such as Shell, Philips and Unilever are easily identifiable as Dutch companies," he was quoted as saying.
Malaysia's former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad suggested a boycott on Saturday, echoing a similar call by media in Jordan.

"If we boycott Dutch products, they will have to close down their businesses," Mohamad told reporters. "If the world's 1.3 billion Muslims unite and say they won't buy, then it (the boycott) will be effective."

Since the release of the 17-minute documentary "Fitna" on the Internet on Thursday, Muslim nations including Malaysia and Singapore have condemned the film, as has UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salam alikom
source http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2008/891/eg5.htm

Which is worse, the films, plays and cartoons by Westerners who fail to understand that depicting Islam, Muslims and the Prophet Mohamed in a denigrating manner deeply offends many devout Muslims, or the determination of Western politicians to fiddle away while Rome burns?

Fitna (Sedition), a recently-released 17- minute film made by the far-right Dutch MP Geert Wilders, is the latest production to incense sentiment across the Muslim world, Egypt included. This wave of "Islamophobia" that swept the West is ostensibly seen by many as a backlash to avenge the humiiliation of the United States in the 2001 attacks on New York and Washington. Divergent views -- if not downright hostility -- masquerading as freedom of expression cannot help but widen cultural gaps and sour relations between the West and the Muslim world.

The hitherto heated dispute is fast acquiring a sharper edge, and reactions in Egypt and other Muslim countries to the screening of Fitna have been nothing short of frenzied. Perhaps the most galling scene was the tearing up of pages of the Quran with which the film ends. "Nothing less than repugnant," declared Egypt's Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul-Gheit. He described the film as an affront and an offence to the religion of more than 1.5 billion Muslims across the world, and added he was speaking on behalf of the world's Muslim nations.

"Egypt rejects any offence or denigration of Islam and its prophet," Abul-Gheit stressed.

When Fitna, featuring images of the terror attacks in New York and Madrid interspersed with Quranic texts, was posted on the Internet on Thursday the indignation it provoked was predictable. A more optimistic sign, though, were those who are beginning to find the blizzard of European anti-Muslim artistic expression tiresome. Ironically, three Dutch nationals converted to Islam after watching Fitna.

"Freedom of expression and secularism were once the hallmark of our own cultural heritage," Samir Farid, one of Egypt's leading film critics, told Al-Ahram Weekly. "In 1935 an Egyptian writer, Ismail Adham, published a book entitled Why I am an Apostate. Nobody called for his trial, let alone his death. Nobody called him an infidel. That was freedom of expression,"

Farid laments the way in which, over recent decades, Muslim societies have become prey to the dictates of self-styled religious authorities who are seeking power. "When Westerners watch televised interviews with Osama bin Laden and Ayman El-Zawahri in which they celebrate the attacks of 11 September it should come as no surprise that some of them will go on to produce films, plays and books depicting Islam as a religion that glorifies violence," says Farid.

There is a reign of terror, he contends, and the view of the world that exists in Europe is irreconcilable with views prevalent in the Muslim world. The anti-Islamic tide remains as strong, he believes, as in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.

He is not in the least surprised that Fitna falsely designates the Quran as a manifesto of violence, or that another spat should have erupted over a play directed by the German Uwe Eric Laufenberg and based on Indian- born British writer Salman Rushdie's novel Satanic Verses. It will be staged at the Hans Otto Theatre in Potsdam, southwest of Berlin. Turkish actor Oktay Khan has already withdrawn from the production after receiving death threats.

Farid draws a comparison once again with the far more relaxed climate of the early and middle part of the 20th century. "In 1926, the celebrated Egyptian actor Youssef Wahbi announced that he intended to portray the life and times of the Prophet Mohamed. The issue was debated in the press but no one dared to threaten Wahbi. Yet such an announcement would be unthinkable today. Times have changed, and no actor now has the courage to challenge conventional Islamist wisdom."

Nor, says Farid, is the phenomenon, the dangerous politicisation of religion, restricted to Muslim countries. "US President George W Bush talked about a crusade, and it was not a slip of the tongue. The Dalai Lama is involved in the Tibetan independence movement. He is, indeed, its symbolic leader. Politicians the world over are using the language of religion to justify war and pursue political ends. Whatever the dangers, to remain silent in such a climate is to court disaster."

Others beg to differ. "As Muslims, we have a duty to respond to attacks on Islam launched in the name of freedom of expression. Artistic expressions such as Fitna necessitate rejoinders from intellectuals who are true believers," Gamal Qutb, Islamic scholar, told the Weekly.

"The film is an unwarranted affront to Prophet Mohamed and Islam. We have an inalienable right to defend the values of Islam and monotheistic religions. Westerners may have forsaken religion but we in the East uphold its sanctity and the respectability of the prophets of old, not just the Prophet Mohamed, but of Jesus, Moses and other prophets."

If such thinking is sometimes viewed in the West as more of a threat than a badge of honour, it is far more moderate than the calls of those militant Islamists who demand retribution and insist that producers of such films, plays and books are "infidels" who should be executed.

Qatari-based Egyptian cleric Sheikh Youssef El-Qaradawi dismissed Fitna as "lies and fabrications". And according to the Saudi Arabian-based Muslim World League, the film is an "offensive act that aims to spread discord between people".

There is a widespread belief in the Muslim world that films like Fitna are deliberately designed to "offend and hurt the feelings of Muslims", notes Qutb. "Most Muslims would support freedom of expression but are for the censorship of provocative and insulting productions," he explains.

"We must differentiate between a film produced by a fascist such as Wilders and Submission, produced by a liberal such as Theo Van Gogh, who was murdered because his film was critical of the Muslim hijab and of violence against women and actually defended the rights of Muslim women," Farid told the Weekly.

Yet the prevalent view in the Muslim world is that the producers of all such films are agents provocateur.

"Unfortunately films such as Fitna provide a platform for Europeans from across the political spectrum to denounce Islam," noted Qutb. "It amounts to bad publicity which we can do without."

The politics of religion may be a puzzling business but no one would deny it is prickly.

"We regret that Wilders made this film, we believe it serves no other purpose than to cause offence," Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende was reported as saying.

"I condemn in the strongest terms the airing of Geert Wilders' offensively anti-Islamic film," announced UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon. "The right of free expression is not at stake. Freedom must always be accompanied by social responsibility."

It was a message repeated last week by Professor Nadia Mustafa, director of the Dialogue of Cultures programme at Cairo University's School of Political Science during a meeting with Dutch religious and intellectual figures to discuss Fitna. A seminar scheduled for 8 April will further consider the matter.

"There is a schism over freedom of speech. There is the question of the politics of morality, or the lack of it," is how Farid sums up the situation.

warda A

Sister

There are always limits, everything has a limit
where freedom of speech is concerned, the limit should be imposed strictly because people usually pass the boundaries of decency and common courtesies.
Same on this thread, people have a choice, if you choose to boycott then go ahead and if not it is the same, i do not think that someone should say you are letting the ummah down because of that.
The ulama said boycott is peace ful and doesnt harm anyone.
Here is my point, in not harming anyone , how about the business of the people in denmark,(even muslim businesses) or even outside? i understand that is to push the goverment to do something,
am wondering whether there is something other than boycott which will work.
Boycott is a two way sword, harms both ways.

The last time the boycott was because of cartoons, yes they really lost alot of money, but after the boycott all that they lost was recouped, why? because the people boycotting those products went back and bought them.

If the ummah could produce those products,then we would not be so dependent . mark you the gulf countries have the resources to do that and also teach their children the technologies(in colleges) but alas they would rather have fun and let the expatriates do the work.
just my opinion
:wasalam: