BOYCOTT DANISH PRODUCTS NOW!!

naelb

:salam2:

Interesting how you argue my IF question. You've taken the IF out of question and does not connect with "Law tafta7 3amal al shaytan" - my hypothetical question was merely about the directions by prohpet Mohammed salla Allah 3alaih wa salam if he was amongts us today, it's a thinking process and not a blame to something that has happened and wish it has not happened.

Very briefly, I'm not arguing you sohuld not boycott, "enama Al a3mal belneyat" - (all deeds are measured by the intentions) - I am bascially arguing and fighting back how you bundle people who don't boycott questioning their love to Allah and prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam, this is the danger I see in such boycott messages which damages islam rather than help spread the peaceful message of islam.

My questions are based on simulating discussions rather than getting an answer as such - I believe (and you have the full right to argue) is we need to behave differently, it's obvious from the ARabic article posted about the riots and blood sheds of those who go out in anger - this is definitely not islam.

So every time the west does something to hurt Islam we respond by boycotting? in other words, we are asking the west to retract the person's attack (be aware it's a person or group of people hence, collective punishment) because economically we are a 1.3 billion nation of CONSUMERS !!! now that irritates me but not a critical path to discuss.

Please don't come back with your bad example about the two families and if some one curses the mother of a family ... etc when you talk about nations and freedom of speech, an area that has developed dramatically in the west especially after the dark era, NO ONE can argue how beautiful it has developed and granted people a life style that is great to have, to say the least. I say so based on my observations/articles/documentaries/my living in the UK. The dutch government for example issued "apologietic" messages (in a message by the embassy in Saudi Arabia) that they will not hold people back from expressing them selves to maintain the freedom of speech and urges muslim word not to react against the country it self -

When we boycott and react violnetly as we've seen on Tv's we are sending the wrong messages to people about how they live - If I was a non muslim, non religious actually, I would be freaked out that 1.3 billion people want to impose how I live and act -

My preference would've been to continue the dialouge, send scholars for da3wa, be smarter in our approach -

Now, sub7an Allah, you're claiming we have spoken to them but they have rejected us (note how you refer to them as "they"), sub7an Allah, hasn't prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam spend 10 years (or ws it 13 years) in mecca calling people for Islam and only few as a 100 followed him - 10 years! prophet Nuah sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam spend 950 years calling people to warship Allah - 950 years and we drop our pants from the very fwe interactions and days spent by some muslim groups??

Finally, who wants to boycott and continue to do so, may Allah bless his/her deeeds and grant him/her rewards based on the intentions, HOWEVER, I will continue to argue any one who questions the love of Allah and prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam whether by not boycotting or not or doing anything else - this is a red line and judgemental and not measurable and will create damage rather than support the approach.

Salam.

Na'el

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Subhan Allah, I have never said or doubted any one who was against the boycott or said that their love of the prophet peace be up on him is less than the people who are calling for boycott, if I did then show it to me please !!

Show me where in the thread some one accused any one that their love of the prophet peace be up on him is less, but if you feel that way its your problem because I have never said it in any way or even intended to say it.

My point was that if you are not with boycott then dont be against it since you don’t know more the scholars, and they OKed this boycott but still non of you to this point brought anything from scholars or shyokh saying that boycott is wrong, if its with in the boundries of Quran and Sunnah without promoting violence then its ok.

They didn’t leave Muslims option other than the boycott to listen to Muslims, now if you and others who are calling for not to boycott can arrange such a meeting with them in which they sit down and listen to Muslims and respect our prophet peace be up on him and stop insulting Islam and listen to the voice of wisdom, then Muslim wont have any problem to stop boycott.

And who said there isn’t dawah with the boycott?

Brother you just assumed that there isn’t any dawah, along with the boycott there is efforts to explain ISLAM more to the people in these countries, 1000 of people become Muslim after these cartoon incidents, but that doesn’t mean if Muslim want to boycott the Danish products that they don’t have the right to do so, actually the message is not directed to public more than to the government and officials and companies.

Let’s go back to your and other brother and sisters question what would happened in case that the prophet peace be up on him was among us? that was your question or in other word is his reaction will be the same ?

Well, I am not a scholar so I will just answer as much as I can to my understanding, the prophet peace be up on him was given the choice to stay among us or go back to Allah s.w.t and he choose to be with Allah s.w.t

let say he was among us then all this wont even be happening, to my understanding most of the if not all countries would be under Islamic rule in which the balance between Muslims and Non Muslim would be spread by the mercy of Allah and wisdom of the prophet peace be up on him, because there would be no one greater than the prophet peace be up on him who would control the world, because if the prophet peace be up on him assumed the rule of modern world he would succeed in solving the problems of the world and bring peace and happiness to every one.

And we as Muslim won’t be in the situation of weakness as now days,

and let say that this happened and the prophet peace be up on him was among us, he wont mind that his companion boycott them, as the same time call them with wisdom and peace to this religion.

Through out the boycott no one have called for any violence for you to assume this its your misunderstanding, and just so every one knows along the boycott there are other efforts to make dawah and inform people about the see rah of the prophet peace be up on him, that why you see a lot of people in these countries becoming Muslims.

[yt]qR_AAQd01mk[/yt]

Please don't come back with your bad example about the two families and if some one curses the mother of a family ... etc when you talk about nations and freedom of speech, an area that has developed dramatically in the west especially after the dark era, NO ONE can argue how beautiful it has developed and granted people a life style that is great to have, to say the least. I say so based on my observations/articles/documentaries/my living in the UK. The dutch government for example issued "apologietic" messages (in a message by the embassy in Saudi Arabia) that they will not hold people back from expressing them selves to maintain the freedom of speech and urges Muslim word not to react against the country it self -

If it was bad example for you it wasn’t for me :)

What apology you are talking about, this apology came after the Muslims in Saudi Arabia boycott their product after which the made this statement , by the way you call this an apology ?? They actually refused to make an apology even after Saudi Arabia called their ambassador back.

This is an exposure of their double standards. Here they cite freedom of opinion, but every wise man knows that this so-called freedom of opinion should stop before violating the sanctity of others and transgressing against them. They are lying in their claims of freedom of opinion. Why don’t they allow people who doubt the holocaust to state their opinion publicly?

We should demand a clear and sincere apology from them, not deception or justification of the crime which they call an apology. We do not want an apology for showing disrespect towards the Muslims; rather we want an admission of error and an apology for that error.

Now my question for you have you read the reaction of Companion with people who mocked the prophet peace be up on him what would they done in this situation? No one have called for violence in any way and the incidents happened when the first cartoons were published was reaction of few not all, most of the Muslim scholars called for peace full boycott nothing else

Now, sub7an Allah, you're claiming we have spoken to them but they have rejected us (note how you refer to them as "they"), sub7an Allah, hasn't prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam spend 10 years (or ws it 13 years) in mecca calling people for Islam and only few as a 100 followed him - 10 years! prophet Nuah sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam spend 950 years calling people to warship Allah - 950 years and we drop our pants from the very fwe interactions and days spent by some muslim groups??

I really dont understand you getting so defensive of something Muslims want to do to defened their prophet peace be up on, when we should do the boycott when they insult our prophet peace be up on him more ? and whats wrong in calling them They its like i didnt curse them or called them names just try to follow logic brother, for every action there is a reaction...

Just for the information if you understand Arabic watch the video in this thread where it shows that before even this boycott starts on April 25th, they were planning to add inslut to injury by making a new movie about the prophet peace be up on him and his wives ! and nothing stopped them from doing so except Allah s.w.t then this boycotting threat,

As you said if you don’t want to boycott then don’t do it no one is forcing you to do so. You have your freedom of choice but don’t come on this thread and say that it’s not effective, or its not working or that there isn’t any dawah going on along with the boycott.

Muslims in these countries dont feel the boycott, because they dont have to boycott the products of these companies while they are living there, but we can it will have economic effect and they love money so much that it will force them to take action.

“And Allah has full power and control over His Affairs, but most of men know not”
[Yoosuf 12:21]

Wa salaam Alikom
Wa jazaakom Allah khairan

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Well, I am not a scholar so I will just answer as much as I can to my understanding, the prophet peace be up on him was given the choice to stay among us or go back to Allah s.w.t and he choose to be with Allah s.w.t

let say he was among us then all this wont even be happening, to my understanding most of the if not all countries would be under Islamic rule in which the balance between Muslims and Non Muslim would be spread by the mercy of Allah and wisdom of the prophet peace be up on him, because there would be no one greater than the prophet peace be up on him who would control the world, because if the prophet peace be up on him assumed the rule of modern world he would succeed in solving the problems of the world and bring peace and happiness to every one.

Very nice explaination. Usually, when people (I dont mean the brother in the thread) don't have concrete proofs they ask this question.

But, I thought IF opens the way of Shyataan.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Just to every one know

the part
because if the prophet peace be up on him assumed the rule of modern world he would succeed in solving the problems of the world and bring peace and happiness to every one.

Was taken from a video of what they say about the prophet peace be up on him so I just edited the words to what you see.

wa jazaakom Allah khair,

naelb

First of all I appreciate your time and effort (all of you) and may Allah reward you on your intentions - just to reiterate my position, I am in no way wanting to make you stop boycotting nor imposing my opinion, I am merely seeking the truth in the practice of prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam and his companion, as he (sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam) taught us "my companion are like starts, who ever you are guided by you succeed" or as he said, sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam.

Quraish used to call prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam "muthamam", as in Reprehensible or blameworthy and his compansions (may Allah be pleased with them), rightfully, used to get angry but he would look at them and say "they are naming muthamam wa ana Mohammed" (refer to A7kam Al Quran for Ibn Arabi)

All i'm seeking from the examples is not arguing the boycotting act as such but arguing the approach - example above rejects your assumption that if prophet Mohammed salah Allah 3alaih wa salam was living amongst us today he would blessed the boycott - I agree that he would've lead the world by his kindness, peaceful messages and approach and not by boycotting seeking apology - he never used to get angry for him self or when people used to hurt him - he would get angry for Allah sub7anahu wa ta3ala - you've read or studied Al Ta'ef when they threw stones at his blessed feet that started bleeding and his blessed head, sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam when Jebreil (3alaih al salam) came down with the angel of mountains, prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam could've ordered the angel of mountains to crush the city but instead he made du3a'a that may Allah spread islam upon their generations if not them -

all of these stories teach us the approach - I hate it when I watch on Tv riots of anger with tyres on fire or throwing stones and people actually get killed (go back to your very first message that started the thread with the video clip - the very first clip is of a sword in the danish flag - do we really want this approach?

Let's get angry and frustrated but let's react wisely, I'm sure as prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam would've liked us to be.

ps: jus to clarify, the note I referred to by the dutch embassy in Saudi Arabia was apologizing for the approach of Geert Wilder and his decision to proceed with the full of hatred message, the fitna, HOWEVER, the embassy's letter has maintained its stance from freedom of speech -

I'm talking about our approach as a nation - that's all.

salam.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

First of all I appreciate your time and effort (all of you) and may Allah reward you on your intentions - just to reiterate my position, I am in no way wanting to make you stop boycotting nor imposing my opinion, I am merely seeking the truth in the practice of prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam and his companion, as he (sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam) taught us "my companion are like starts, who ever you are guided by you succeed" or as he said, sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam.

Quraish used to call prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam "muthamam", as in Reprehensible or blameworthy and his compansions (may Allah be pleased with them), rightfully, used to get angry but he would look at them and say "they are naming muthamam wa ana Mohammed" (refer to A7kam Al Quran for Ibn Arabi)

All i'm seeking from the examples is not arguing the boycotting act as such but arguing the approach - example above rejects your assumption that if prophet Mohammed salah Allah 3alaih wa salam was living amongst us today he would blessed the boycott - I agree that he would've lead the world by his kindness, peaceful messages and approach and not by boycotting seeking apology - he never used to get angry for him self or when people used to hurt him - he would get angry for Allah sub7anahu wa ta3ala - you've read or studied Al Ta'ef when they threw stones at his blessed feet that started bleeding and his blessed head, sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam when Jebreil (3alaih al salam) came down with the angel of mountains, prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam could've ordered the angel of mountains to crush the city but instead he made du3a'a that may Allah spread islam upon their generations if not them -

all of these stories teach us the approach - I hate it when I watch on Tv riots of anger with tyres on fire or throwing stones and people actually get killed (go back to your very first message that started the thread with the video clip - the very first clip is of a sword in the danish flag - do we really want this approach?

Let's get angry and frustrated but let's react wisely, I'm sure as prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam would've liked us to be.

ps: jus to clarify, the note I referred to by the dutch embassy in Saudi Arabia was apologizing for the approach of Geert Wilder and his decision to proceed with the full of hatred message, the fitna, HOWEVER, the embassy's letter has maintained its stance from freedom of speech -

I'm talking about our approach as a nation - that's all.

salam.

As Salaam Alaykum Brother,

1. If you donot want to be part of the Boycott, it's fine. No one is forcing the boycott down the throats of the people.
But, why are you against the people who are peacefully boycotting? (More so when they are backed by Scholars firmly grounded in Islaam)

Don't we have freedom to boycott peacefully?

2. Also, I donot understand why are you linking boycott with riots and violence. Scholars are just calling people to peacefully boycott Danish products.
What is the problem in that?

3.Are they really defending FreeDumb of speech?
Then why is it crime to deny Holocaust ? Isn't that also freedom of speech?

It is freedom to lie they want t defend, that is why they supported LIARS like Ayna Hirsi Magan. Even though they knew she was lying. Alhamdulillah! Allah exposed her and humiliated her in front of the whole World.

Please see the below video (at 37 minutes) of Yusuf Estes,
where the enitire Denmark media was invited by Muslims and given dawah in very gentle way and scholars were invited to clarify their doubts about Islam.

And the next day they went ahead and printed lies.

http://www.forsanelhaq.com/showthread.php?t=70027

naelb

Abubaseer, :wasalam:

1) I guess I've been going around the point without stating the principal - the objective of mentioning the stories of prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam is becuase, if we are keen to follow his foot steps, then let's do so -otherwise, we can't pretend to follow his foot steps and title this "following the scholars" -

yes, scholars should be knowing the seirah and life story of prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam but I haven't read any where in the seirah anything that supports the boycott and been trying to justify my stand against it - hence, arguing it whether it's a peaceful or otherwise. I'm only arguing and debating it based on the stories of the companions as well.

By the way, just to be clear, I am not AGAINST any one boycotting (that's a strong word), I am rather DEBATING and ARGUING the act.

2) If you look back at the start of these issues, scholars did not take the lead until later - hence, the riots and violent actions were taking place and were all over the place on TV's - I'm not referring to the group of people who carry out acts peacefully or those who decided to take the violent path, I am arguing the principal and the very fine line between an ingorant and a wise follower

3) Freedom of speech, I think I've already answered in one of my earlier messages that regardless of what people do, we should not react the same - there's a lot of unjust all over the world, i've quoted an aya from the holy Quran;

Surah 5, Al Maida, Aya 8 "O you who believe! stand out firmly for Allah as just witnesses; and let not the enmity and harted of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety; and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do"

I'm not familiar with Ayna's stories but will look it up - thanks.

I remember a story that one of my Imam friends mentioned to me couple of years ago quoting Al Shafe3i - Allah yer7amo -, "if you see a man flying in air or eating glass, embrace his acts against the holy quran and the sunnah of prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam, if such acts are recognized in the books then fine, otherwise, ignore it and walk away" -

Test the boycott against the holy quran and sunnah, if they meet it then let's embrace it.

Salam.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
I remember a story that one of my Imam friends mentioned to me couple of years ago quoting Al Shafe3i - Allah yer7amo -, "if you see a man flying in air or eating glass, embrace his acts against the holy quran and the sunnah of prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam, if such acts are recognized in the books then fine, otherwise, ignore it and walk away" -

I fully agree with you on this point Akhee!
BTW: I heard this from Bilal Philips, Quran is not called Holy anywhere in the Quran and the Sunnah.
Yes, there is Holy Land though.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

2) If you look back at the start of these issues, scholars did not take the lead until later - hence, the riots and violent actions were taking place and were all over the place on TV's - I'm not referring to the group of people who carry out acts peacefully or those who decided to take the violent path, I am arguing the principal and the very fine line between an ignorant and a wise follower

3) Freedom of speech, I think I've already answered in one of my earlier messages that regardless of what people do, we should not react the same - there's a lot of unjust all over the world

Brother I am not sure if you really reading what people have wrote. I mentioned about the companion of the prophet peace be up on him, who I don’t remember his name **hopefully some one remember or you might know his name**

He use to provide wheat and other goods to Quraysh but after he become Muslim he boycotted them and stopped sending any goods or rice to them, till the prophet peace be up on him allow it.

This was from see rah and you can ask an imam or sheikh about this story.

As for you saying that scholars didn’t get involved except later, you are wrong the scholars were the first who called for boycott, they been invloved from begining and told others who went to Denmark to have talk with them that its usless, because they wont respect their promise,

As for Dawah its ok to make Dawah which can be done even if there is a boycott for their products.

As for you saying
I'm not referring to the group of people who carry out acts peacefully or those who decided to take the violent path, I am arguing the principal and the very fine line between an ignorant and a wise follower

For the people who decided to take the violent path the scholars explained and declared it 100 times that these acts are not from Islam so if people didn’t hear it, then its not scholars problem.

Muslim people are the one who are ignorant and took matters in their hands. You cant blame scholars and shyokh for this.

I am just wondering this thread has nothing to do with violence, we are not calling for any violence, and you are not arguing or against the boycott so why you keep arguing about something we agreed upon, for me this is the end of the argument I don’t like to go in circle and keep repeating the same thing 100 times so we are done here inshaAllah and jazaak Allah khair on you explanation

I am not upset with any one who is against the boycott, but no more argument about this subject on this thread, if some people don’t want to follow the boycott, then please don’t P o s t anything against the boycott under this thread.

Wa jazaakom Allah khair,

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Boycott from the Seerah of companions I found the story I have been telling you about, the companion name was Thumamah ibn Uthal

Thumamah ibn Uthal

In the sixth year after the hijrah, the Prophet, may the blessings of God be on him, decided to expand the scope of his mission. He sent eight letters to rulers in the Arabian peninsula and surrounding areas inviting them to Islam. One of these rulers was Thumamah ibn Uthal.

Thumamah was one of the most powerful Arab rulers in pre-Quranic times. This is not surprising since he was a chieftain of the Banu Hanifah and one of the rulers of al-Yamamah whose word no one dared to challenge or disobey.

When Thumamah received the Prophet's letter, he was consumed by anger and rejected it. He refused to listen to the invitation of Truth and goodness. More than that, he felt a strong desire to go and kill the Prophet and bury his mission with him.

Thumamah waited and waited for a convenient time to carry out his design against the Prophet until eventually forgetfulness caused him to lose interest. One of his uncles, however, reminded him of his plan, praising what he intended to do.

In the pursuit of his evil design against the Prophet, Thumamah met and killed a group of the Prophet's companions. The Prophet thereupon declared him a wanted man who could lawfully be killed on sight. Not long afterwards, Thumamah decided to perform umrah. He wanted to perform tawaf around the Kabah and sacrifice to the idols there. So he left al-Yamamah for Makkah. As he was passing near Madinah, an incident took place which he had not anticipated.

Groups of Muslims were patrolling the districts of Madinah and outlying areas on the lookout for any strangers or anyone intent on causing trouble. One of these groups came upon Thumamah and apprehended him but they did not know who he was. They took him to Madinah and tied him to one of the columns in the mosque. They waited for the Prophet himself to question the man and decide what should be done with him.

When the Prophet was about to enter the mosque, he saw Thumamah and asked his companions, 'Do you know whom you have taken?"

"No, messenger of God," they replied.

"This is Thumamah ibn Uthal al-Hanafi," he said. "You have done well in capturing him."

The Prophet then returned home to his family and said, "Get what food you can and send it to Thumamah ibn Uthal." He then ordered his camel to be milked for him. All this was done before he met Thumamah or had spoken to him.

The Prophet then approached Thumamah hoping to encourage him to become a Muslim. "What do you have to say for yourself?" he asked.

"If you want to kill in reprisal," Thumamah replied, "you can have someone of noble blood to kill. If, out of your bounty, you want to forgive, I shall be grateful. If you want money in compensation, I shall give you whatever amount you ask."

The Prophet then left him for two days, but still personally sent him food and drink and milk from his camel. The Prophet went back to him and asked, "What do you have to say for yourself?" Thumamah repeated what he had said the day before. The Prophet then left and came back to him the following day. "What do you have to say for yourself?" he asked again and Thumamah repeated what he had said once more. Then the Prophet turned to his companions and said, "Set him free."

Thumamah left the mosque of the Prophet and rode until he came to a palm grove on the outskirts of Madinah near al-Baqi' (a place of luxuriant vegetation which later became a cemetery for many of the Prophet's companions). He watered his camel and washed himself well. Then he turned back and made his way to the Prophet's mosque. There, he stood before a congregation of Muslims and said: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and His messenger." He then went to the Prophet, upon whom be peace, and said: "O Muhammad, by God, there was never on this earth a face more detestable than yours. Now, yours is the dearest face of all to me." "I have killed some of your men," he continued, "I am at your mercy. What will you have done to me?"

"There is now no blame on you, Thumamah," replied the Prophet. "Becoming a Muslim obliterates past actions and marks a new beginning."

Thumamah was greatly relieved. His face showed his surprise and joy and he vowed, "By God, I shall place my whole self, my sword, and whoever is with me at your service and at the service of your religion."

"O Rasulullah," he went on, "when your horsemen captured me I was on my way to perform umrah. What do you think I should do now?"

"Go ahead and perform your umrah," replied the Prophet, "but perform it according to the laws of God and His messenger." The Prophet then taught him how to perform umrah according to Islamic rules.

Thumamah left to fulfill his intention. When he reached the valley of Makkah, he began shouting in a loud, resonant voice:

"Labbayk Allahumma labbayk. Labbayka Laa shareeka Laka labbayk. Innal hamda wan ni'mata Laka wall mulk. Laa shareeka Lak. (Here I am at Your command O Lord, Here I am. Here I am. No partner have You. Here I am. Praise, bounty and Dominion belong to You. No partner have You.")

He was thus the first Muslim on the face of the earth to enter Makkah reciting the talbiyah.

The Quraysh heard the sound of the talbiyah and felt both anger and alarm. With drawn swords, they set out towards the voice to punish the one who had thus assaulted their preserve. As they came closer to him, Thumamah raised his voice even higher while reciting the talbiyah and looked upon them with pride and defiance. One of the Quraysh young men was particularly incensed and was about to shoot Thumamah with an arrow when the others grabbed his hand and shouted:

"Woe to you! Do you know who this is? He is Thumamah ibn Uthal, ruler of al-Yamamah. By God, if you should harm him, his people would cut our supplies, with dire consequences for us."

Swords were replaced in their scabbards as the Quraysh went up to Thumamah and said:

"What's wrong with you, Thumamah? Have you given in and abandoned your religion and the religion of your forefathers?"

"I have not given in," he replied, "but I have decided to follow the best religion. I follow the religion of Muhammad. "

HERE IS THE BOYCOTT PART :

He then went on: "I swear to you by the Lord of this House that after my return to al-Yamamah, no grain of wheat or any of its produce shall reach you until you follow Muhammad."

Under the watchful eyes of the Quraysh, Thumamah performed umrah as the Prophet, peace be upon him, had instructed him. He dedicated his sacrifice to God alone.

Thumamah returned to his land and ordered his people to withhold supplies from the Quraysh. The boycott gradually began to have effect and became more and more stringent. Prices began to rise. Hunger began to bite and there was even fear of death among the Quraysh. Thereupon, they wrote to the Prophet, saying:

"Our agreement with you (the treaty of Hudaybiyyah) is that you should maintain the bonds of kinship but you have gone against that. You have cut the bonds of kinship. You have killed and caused death through hunger. Thumamah ibn Uthal has cut our supplies and inflicted harm on us. Perhaps you would see fit to instruct him to resume sending us what we need."

The Prophet immediately sent a messenger instructing Thumamah to lift the boycott and resume supplies to the Quraysh.

This is what Thumamah the companion of the prophet peace be up on him did for Islam and for his prophet peace be up on him

Thumamah spent the rest of his life in the service of his religion, abiding by the undertaking he had given to the Prophet. When the Prophet died, many Arabs began leaving the religion of God in great numbers. Musaylamah, the impostor, began calling the Banu Hanifah to believe in him as a Prophet. Thumamah confronted him and said to his people:

"O Banu Hanifah, beware of this grievous matter. There is no light or guidance in it. By God, it will only bring distress and suffering to whoever joins this movement and misfortune even to those who do not join.

"O Banu Hanifah, two prophets do not come at the same time and there shall be no Prophet after Muhammad and no Prophet to share in his mission."

He then read out to them the following verses of the Quran: "Ha Mim. The revelation of this Book is from God the Almighty, the Knowing. He forgives sins and accepts repentance. He is severe in punishment and has a long reach. There is no god except Him. To Him is the journey's end." (Surah Ghafir; verses 1-3).

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Good explanation Aakhi,

BarakAllahu Feek!

IF THEY LIE, WE DON'T BUY, Boycott Danish products now!

naelb

So if prohpet mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wa salam is amongst us today he would instruct us to stop boycotting as he instructed the compansion? The only difference is that Denmark and the Netherlands are not yet on hunger!

The sowrd in the middle of the danish flag that you started the thread with sends a harted message and triggered me in the first place.

You're not understanding my stance - i'm not against scholars, I'm against you and scholars who don't follow the pure steps of prophet Mohammed sallah Allah 3alaih wasalam and decided that they are the only one's who udnerstand islam - boycotting is only an example - it makes me sad to see people follow scholars and their directions without at least making the efforts of thinking whether it's right or wrong as in scholars being pure of sins/mistakes.

Go ahead delete this messge - May Allah guide us all through the right path.

Salam.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaa alikom

I read your pm, and replied to it , in regards of the first video it has nothing to do with the violence, its a sword in a flaq how is it offending to people ?
it depends on how people understand it, and I am not responsible for their thinking, its ok for other to Inslut me and my religion but if I put a video which in no way insulting any one except it has a picture of a sword in a flaq people are getting offeneded ??

Whats more important a flaq or a human being ? its OK to insult and mock a dead person and the greated human being in the world who was a mercy to this world, he never harmed any one but if some one put a pic of a sword in a flaq its a big issue, subhan Allah.

I am not sure how many people heard the the message after the pic in no way it called for a vilonce, beside I didnt delete any message which was against the boycott, but I dont like to keep going in circle and keep arguing. This not a debate site or debate thread , you stated you opinion and we read them, so thank you for and jazaakom Allah khair, there is no point in keeping debating, as for what I said I will delete any posts from now on, if you go back I have said it may be 4 times in my posts, but I havent delete any ones post, again If you got upset with my statment I apologize for upsetting you, but insha Allah we are cool now ! :)

wa salaam alikom

summertime

sister :)
i advise the mods to close this thread..it not doing anything productive...It's just causing our brothers and sisters to argue and disagree...im pretty sure everyone has got th message (either way).its time to a put a stop to this...

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

Great thread ,mashAllah very informative posts..
Jazakallah khair brother Mrmuslim

waaleikum salam