News Breaking News.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
EGYPTAIR 804 CRASH MAY19 2016
Egypt's civil aviation minister says condition of crashed EgyptAir plane black box memory units to be determined Tuesday - Reuters

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Twitter says users can now publish 140-second long videos, up from previous limit of 30 seconds - Twitter

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Hyperloop One unveils construction deal in Russia, aims for creating new Silk Road that would move 'freight containers from China to Europe in a day' - USA Today

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Jordan's King Abdullah says his country will 'hit with an iron fist' those who attack Jordan's border and security - Palace statement via Reuters

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Athletes from Kenya and Russia only eligible for Olympic Games after individual evaluation by their international federation - EWN Sport

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Association of Former Agents of the United States Secret Service denounces anti-Clinton tell-all book - Politico

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Singapore delays $1 billion military helicopter buy after civilian Airbus Super Puma crash off Norway in April: sources - Reuters

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
North Korea deploys ballistic missile to east coast, no sign it is ready for launch, source tells South Korea's Yonhap News

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korean ballistic missile launch, Kyodo news agency reports - Reuters

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Jordan Queen urges world to listen to refugees ‘cast into unknown’
Jun 21,2016 - Last updated at Jun 21,2016
AMMAN — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Monday called on the global community to listen to refugees, on the occasion of World Refugee Day.

“The global refugee crisis has uprooted over 65 million people from their homes, and cast them into the unknown,” the Queen wrote in a post on her Facebook page.

“This tragedy extends beyond numbers and beyond the imaginable, and can only truly be understood by listening to the stories refugees have carried across seas and borders,” the Queen said.

Calling on the international community to unite its resources and fulfil its global responsibility, the Queen said the world’s most vulnerable must be “heard, provided for, and empowered with the means to rebuild their lives”.

Jordan currently hosts around 1.3 million Syrians, according to official figures.

World Refugee Day has been observed internationally on June 20 since a UN General Assembly resolution in December 2000.

Also on Monday, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) announced that Queen Rania has joined its board of directors.

One of the longest-standing and largest NGOs based in New York City, the IRC provides humanitarian aid in 40 countries and resettles refugees to 29 US cities, according to a statement from Her Majesty's office.

"We are truly honoured that Queen Rania has agreed to join IRC's distinguished and active board of directors,” said David Miliband, IRC president and CEO.

“She has an extraordinary passion for making a difference on behalf of the most vulnerable, and will bring a distinctive experience and viewpoint to IRC's board, especially on the increasingly vital issue of education for refugees and other displaced people,” the statement quoted Miliband as saying.

The IRC responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic well-being, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster.

Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC helps people to survive, reclaim control of their futures and strengthen communities, the statement said.

Commenting on her new involvement with the IRC, Her Majesty said that with the unprecedented refugee crisis today: “I cannot be more proud about joining the IRC board of directors, and upholding their work in alleviating global displacement, poverty, and suffering.”

"The IRC responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, giving hope to millions of lives that have been destroyed by conflict and disaster. It is an honour to support their mission to ensure that the world’s most vulnerable are treated with the humanity they deserve.”

Her Majesty is an internationally known advocate committed to improving the lives of women and children displaced by conflict and natural disaster.

Queen Rania has been a staunch advocate for refugees, and recently travelled to the Greek island of Lesbos where she met with several of them.

During the visit, she called for a collective global response to the growing refugee crisis, noting that its impact is too great for any single country or region to cope with.

Queen Rania received the invitation to join the IRC’s board of directors following a visit to the organisation’s operations at the Cara Tepe refugee camp in Lesbos.

Passionate about education, Queen Rania believes that every child should have access to quality education around the world, the statement said.

In 2009, Her Majesty championed the 1 Goal campaign for education. She is a board member of the United Nations Foundation, and is UNCIEF’s first eminent advocate for children.

She is also the honorary chair of the UN Girl’s Education Initiatives and has advocated access to education in forums and gatherings around the world, according to the statement.
JT News

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
China criticises US over Obama meeting with Dalai Lama
Jun 16,2016 - Last updated at Jun 16,2016
BEIJING — China criticised US President Barack Obama on Thursday for hosting the Dalai Lama at the White House, despite efforts to avoid irking Beijing by holding the meeting off-camera and out of the public eye.

Obama carried out what has become a political rite in Washington, spiriting the exiled Tibetan religious leader into the White House through the back door — and prompting the usual Chinese denunciations.

“No matter in what way the US leader met with the Dalai Lama, the meeting violated the US promises of acknowledging Tibet as a part of China, not supporting Tibet independence and not supporting separatist activities,” Lu Kang, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman, told reporters in Beijing.

“Such a meeting will hurt China-US mutual trust and cooperation.”

Since coming to office, Obama has hosted the Dalai Lama four times. Each time, Obama has tried to limit the fallout by holding the meeting behind closed doors.

Obama was criticised in 2010 for obliging the 80-year-old, clad in his characteristic red robes and flip flops, to leave the White House through a rear entrance and walk past piles of snow and bags of rubbish.

This latest confab took place in the Map Room, not the Oval Office, and the press was not invited — which meant no images of the two Nobel peace laureates emerged from the meeting.

“The personal nature of their meeting would explain why the president received the Dalai Lama in the White House residence, as opposed to the Oval Office,” said White House press secretary Josh Earnest.

Obama calls the monk, who is revered by Tibetans but portrayed by Beijing as a dangerous separatist, “a good friend”.

He made a highly-publicised public appearance with the Dalai Lama last year at a prayer breakfast in Washington, calling him “a powerful example of what it means to practice compassion”.

Strong stand

The spiritual leader — who has lived in exile in the north Indian town of Dharamsala since a failed 1959 uprising — has for decades called for more Tibetan autonomy rather than independence.

Beijing maintains he is a “wolf in monk’s clothing” and vigorously lobbies — often successfully — against foreign leaders meeting him.

In a statement after the meeting, the White House said Obama had “encouraged meaningful and direct dialogue between the Dalai Lama and his representatives with Chinese authorities to lower tensions and resolve differences”.

Obama also “emphasised his strong support for the preservation of Tibet’s unique religious, cultural and linguistic traditions, and the equal protection of human rights of Tibetans in China”, according to the White House statement.

But some exiled Tibetans questioned the value of such meetings, urging bolder action from Washington.

“This will be the fourth time President Obama and the Dalai Lama are meeting, yet there has been no significant change on the issue of Tibet,” said Tenzing Jigme, head of the Dharamsala-based Tibetan Youth Congress, which lobbies for independence rather than greater autonomy.

“The situation inside Tibet is dire and requires immediate intervention and so I urge President Obama to take a strong stand and pressure the Chinese government to resolve the issue of Tibet.” Many Tibetans consider any criticism of the Dalai Lama to be heresy, but some younger exiles argue that his long campaign of diplomacy has achieved little and call for more assertive policies.

China has ruled Tibet since the 1950s and many Tibetans say Beijing represses their Buddhist religion and culture — charges China denies.

More than 130 ethnic Tibetans have set themselves on fire since 2009 in protest at Beijing’s rule, campaign groups and overseas media have said. Most of them have died.

The Dalai Lama has described the protests as acts of desperation that he is powerless to stop.
~News.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Jordan declares its northern and northeastern borders with Syria to be closed military zones, army statement says - Reuters

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Trending#WorldRefugeeDay
On World Refugee Day, UNHCR has released its latest analysis of global displacement trends. To help digest the 68-page report, IRIN has summarised its key findings in this 90-second video.