Brother said Islam is too hard?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Basically in the middle of fasting today a "nerve" flickered and he was begening to imply that he didn't want to practice Islam because Allah apparently asks too much of us. I put it to him this way.

A daily prayer takes less than 5 minutes. Thats approximately 25 minutes out of 24 hours a day we have to do anything.

When we finish Ramadan we have 11 other months were Allah asks nothing more of us.

Charity is only 2.5% of your income.

Hajj is one week of your life time.

I then asked him, whats the problem? Would you rather be a Christian sit in your house , have "faith" and be guaranteed heaven. He needs to know that paradise won't be handed out to those who simply call themselves Muslims.
I also quoted to him a verse that said God's religion is only easy to the humble. Someone please, give me a better way to tell him that Islam is the cleanest and easiest religion.

Salam :(

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Honestly brother, I thing you already did a bang up job, mashallah. We've grown soft and lazy in today's modern age, we would not survive Rasool's time that is for sure. Allah swt has made it easy for us to seek His forgiveness and if we could only see a glimpse of hell I think we would be amazed at the thousands of oportunities we are given to escape. Keep strong brother, may your example inspire him to return to the straight path.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah may Allah reward u for ur efforts. Brother to my lil understanding and knowledge this are those people who dont know much about islam and they take Islam as granted and they are very much attached to this worldly life. As Sister has said u have said very ncie thing already but if u can tell but punishments of hearafter and let him know how hard that will compare to this world.

http://www.thedeenshow.com/video.php?action=listvideo&id=58

Brother in the link a very good explanation about hear after life let him c this. We can only try and say it up to him to accept or not and he will be alone responsible for his deeds. To whom Allah guide no one can mislead him.

Allah hafiz.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:
Bring him to the Jamaat at the mosque for the congregational prayers . Mixing with pious brothers, will make islam look easy.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
How old is he??

He is 27. And it's been getting worse --- hes clumsy with his prayers, he doesen't set the alarm to wake up for the morning prayer anymore, and yesterday he broke his fast because work was tiring him when he did fine all the other years.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

First of all, May Allah guide him Insha Allah and show Him the Straight Path and bring him closer to Himself. May Allah put love and light in his heart for this Divine Religion.

Secondly, I would like to comment on the fact that, Alhamdulillah as Muslim brothers and sisters, we care and feel for people in situations like that. It is, indeed, a sign of faith, as we like for our brothers that which we desire for ourselves and that is gaining the Pleasure of Allah and the peace that ones heart is at when having done something for our Creator the Almighty.

I too feel this way for many of my very close friends. May they all be guided, Aameen. I believe we all have the potential to become good Muslims, and I say this as many disagree with me on this, many among my friends. They say that its going to be hard and I dont have the potential, Its a big step I want to take things slowly. For instance with a sister not wearing the hijaab or at least modest clothing will say, well if I do, people will talk. And so I want to do things slowly, so people dont find out that I am a Muslim. Or I will do it when I am married, or when I finish studying, as I do not want my non Muslim friends to be distant from me at whatever institution that I study in. These are a few of the excuses I have heard, and believe me, they have come from one person alone.

I, too, once asked on this forum how to deal with people like this. How to show them that you care, that there is hope, and that we are doing it for a reason. Our purpose of life. But no matter how much we try, we can only suggest, we cannot force, and Hidayah is in Allah's hands alone. He guides whom He wills and misguides whom He wills. He opens hearts and seals hearts, and I pray that Insha Allah, we, as well as all the Muslims around the world, are among the guided ones.

Brother Waseem, I pray that Allah makes you the one that is able to bring him back to the Straight Path. I pray that Allah gives you patience and elevated Imaan in doing so. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

AAminAA

Amatullah
Basically in the middle of fasting today a "nerve" flickered and he was begening to imply that he didn't want to practice Islam because Allah apparently asks too much of us. I put it to him this way.

25 minutes a day is as you said approximately how much it takes to preform 5 daily prayers. Ask your friend how much he spends to watch only one movie ?

We fast one month of Ramadan out of 12. Ask your friend what with those poor people who basicaly "fast" all their life, because they don't have a food and how many of them die trough that ? What if he gets in that situation for even a week ? Ramadan is a great course for many many things that we can face in our life.

The matter of zakaat, ask your friend when he goes out with friend on dinner, on cup of coffee or juice, how much your friend live for tips ? What if he colects all that money in a year, how much would that be ? And he doesn't even have a reward from Allah s.w.t., for that.

Hajj is once in a lifetime for those who can afford that . He maybe thinks sometimes of those people who travel aroud the world, how great is that to go and see some places , like for vacations. How much money do they need for that ? Why not to save money and go to see the places were Muhammad a.s., was born and died ? Why not to have that feeling of a true muslim when making tawwaf around Kaba,the place that Adam a.s., brought a stone from Jannat ( Hajar-ul-Awsaad ) and was after built by other prophets Ibrahim a.s and Ismail a.s., and why not to go in Madinah and be standing in front of man to whom Allah s.w.t., reveled Holy Qur'an , who trough all his life suffered to make us better and saved ? Who brough us from darknes to light, who taught us to respect ourselfs, our parents, kids and eachothers ? Sobhan Allah :( i wish i can go there at least once in my life, me and every one who wish for that, may Allah open the way to get there insha'Allah !
[/QUOTE]

sal12

A lot of Muslims don't practice Islam because they don't actually know the true reasons and purpose of why we pray Salah, fast and complete Hajj. All they have been told is that you will go to Hell but there's so much to it than that. For example, one of the reasons we pray Salah is because we get so distracted and sucked up in this world so the 5 prayers is like a time-out to remember the purpose of life and that this life isn't forever. The rest of the day we're living for this world. The 5 prayers are for remembering the next world. And I'm reminding myself before anyone else! But remember once you've explained to him then there is only so much you can do. Don't get stressed out by it if he still doesn't listen because Allah guides whom He wills.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
salaams,

I think your brother has lost sight of why we do ramadan. He needs to think about those starving, cos when maghrib comes we have a full fridge to run to and these people don't.

I suggest quoting as much Qu'ran to him as possible....and maybe having Qur'anic discussions....just to bring him back to reality

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

brother, there are some people that expect the road to paradise to be free of obstacles or an easy travel downhill. the truth is that the path to paradise is an uphill journey. it requires strength, determination, and sacrifice. but despite all of the hardships, we can breathe a great sigh of relief when we get there. because all of those struggles were temporary, while our rewards of paradise are permanent.

the brother that you mentioned, just seems to be lacking when it comes to iman. the brother already knows that he needs to pray 5 times a day, he knows that he needs to fast during ramadan, he knows that he needs to pay zakat, and he also knows that he needs to intend on making hajj one day. the issue is whether or not he knows why he needs to do these things, is he aware of the benefits, and is he aware of the consequences of not performing these good deeds.

sadly, many muslim parents had trained their sons and daughters to pray or fast but they never told them why they should pray or fast. when that happens salat and saum just appear to be mere rituals of culture with no real significance. but when they learn why they should do the things that ALLAH SWT orders, they will hear Him and obey Him inshallah.
:wasalam: