Brothers! Be aware of this.....

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear beloved brothers and sisters

We all know that Silk is prohibited for men in Islam and if someone wears Silk, then he will not get Silk cloths in the eternal life. There are several Hadiths regarding this matter.

`Ali (radiyallahu 'anh) reported that the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) took some silk in his right hand and some gold in his left, declaring, "These two are haram for the males among my followers." (Reported by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Hayyan, and Ibn Majah, who reports the additional phrase, "but halal for the females.")

`Umar (radiyallahu 'anh) reported that he heard the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) say, "Do not wear silk, for those who wear it in this life shall not wear it in the Hereafter." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

On another occasion, referring to a silken garment, he said, "This is the dress of a man who has no character.'' (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Okey so we know this is Haram for men in Islam. But what I am going to highlight is something most of us might not be aware of.

Our Ties

Yes you are correct. The ties we ware everyday when we go office could be our killers too. As I came across this tie matter today, I checked all my ties also when I went for lunch today. To my surprise, some of them are also 100% silk, including the one I was waring today. I do not have any other one matching the shirt I was wearing today, other than that one. So I will need to buy new ties after putting them into dustbin tonight.

My dear respected brothers. As I am aware of this matter now, and I have found some of them from my own ones, I wanted to let you know this matter, under this Ayah of Noble Quran. "Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity." [Surah Aal 'Imran (The Family of 'Imran), Verse Number 104]

May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) make us Mu'mineen who do things only for the sake of Allah and who leaves things for the sake of Allah too. Allahumma Ameen.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

islamfollower

Al salaam alaykum

My brother i think you are taking this too far, don't you think. What the messanger of allah is when someone wears silkas the only garment , meaning a robe made of silk, or pants or a shirt , not something as little as a tie.

You are absolutely right that some ties are 100% made of silk, but this is not what the messanger of allah meant.

fada_all

salam alikum wa rahmatu allah taala wa barakatuh,
jazaka allah every khir akhi for being a good reminder for all of us..
i totally agree with you dear akhi , this is a very important advice right now ..because we sometimes don't pay attention to this small details which will make us in a trape... for instance: one i buy one t-shirt = very normal a morroccan style= ..i didn't pay attention to the decoration untill my brother told me ..oh sister what are wearing look ..what is this ? i was shoked when i found the star of Jewish inserted in a intelligent way that no one descover it..

May allah guide us all to the right path and all muslims ammennnnnnn

weakslave

:jazaak:

Very good reminder. I was also surprised some years ago when I found out my ties were all made of silk. Needless to say, I got rid of all of them and alhamdulilah I have had no problems finding polyester ones. And no one bothered to mention it to me!

Silk is forbidden for men, and there is no doubt about this.

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
SAlam Alikom
but the "tie" is not allowed as in cheikh salah suhami's fatwa
a tie is from kuffar's cloth
and we should be different from them

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
muslims can't also wear gold rings or nacklaces.did you know it?the gold is for women and it's haram for men.I read it on Quran.I disagree with he who said that wearing the tie makes a man like a kufr.there are many muslims wearing jeans and t-shirts,instead of Jilbabs.Silk is haram,I agree,but by myself it's an exageration making a comparaison with those who aren't muslims.Indeed they also are humans like us,and we should open them an easy path to islam,instead of judging them as kuffar:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Thought to pop up the reminder for the benefit of those who have not been aware of it yet. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

DanyalSAC

Silk is hard to avoid. I order my thobes online, and one well known manufacturer in Saudi Arabia actually lists "silk and cotton" as the fabric several of their thobes are made of. I was a bit surprised.

Aroosak

JazakhAllah kheir for the reminder
I think brothers need to learn about this as much as sisters do...
I also know some Muslim entrepeneurs that sell professional attire for men
not using any silk products or anything haraam...
InshAllah we can all benefit from these and help our brothers and sisters out... :)

tariq353

:salam2:

jazak allah khair brother i never think over this.......Indeed Prophet :saw: has warned us in last sermon that
Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

[nyt]3G0oQQHA00k[/nyt]

[nyt]zFLnAjH5s6M[/nyt]​

wa salam

yasak80

Esselamu aleykum

I have searched and asked this subject.
of course there are different sayings between the muslim communities.
But I have learned from www.myreligionislam.com that
if man dresses and the silk lays on 4 finger width, it does not mean that he is wearing silk.
So , it is allowable
of course silk is haram and it is better to avoid if possible.