Brothers - thobe question

booya

:salam2:

Today I tried to wear my thobe to an event at the masjid, and I love it. The thobe is a little too big so I had it shortened about an inch..it's now about ankle length but I might have it shortened a little bit more to help with the movement. I've had some issues with the thobe so I hope those of you who are more experienced can help out.

Before I had it shortened sometimes I'm afraid I can step on it and fall. Also I had to be really conscious of my feet when I stand after sitting down in salah. A few times I've stepped on the back of the thobe and I almost fell. It's a little better once I shortened it, but I still had to remind myself while praying.

As I said the thobe is a little too big; so again when praying as I go to sujood I usually have to "push" the front of the thobe down so it doesn't flow everywhere if you know what I mean. But I guess the extra width helps with mobility since I have more leg room.

And lastly, but I guess most importantly, I've struggled in the bathroom with the thobe. I fumbled with it as I sat down, I had to roll up the whole bottom part and hold it so it doesn't get wet. Any tips or tricks?

And lastly but m

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Waalaykumsalam Warahamtullah

I dont have much bad experience with thobe as you did. Maybe when ABOUT to make sujood , what you can do is to fold the thobe inwards between your thigh.lol(sorry)

As for answering nature's call when in the toilet, you should not rush....but that does not mean you should take your own sweet time. You can fold your thobe and put it under your armpit. Use your elbow to hold the thobe , in that way , you have two free hands...

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salaamu 'alaykkum. If your thobe is above your ankle then there is nothing to worry about. Mine is just under the middle of my shin length, so alhamdulillaah I do not face any problems. With regards to going to the toilet, then you can lift the bottom of the thobe up, till the thobe is high enough for you, and then tie it around your chest and also hold it with your armpits *smile*