Bye for now?

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu dear sister

You need to get married. :) You need somebody who can help you in accomplishing the goals and duties of this life and carry the same in the Hereafter. I dont want to comment on how you feel but would like to just show what a brother wrote to me advising me

W-Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Ramdhan Mubarak to you too, Brother.

Brother we are in the blessed month during which duas are accepted and Allah (SWT) is particularly favourable to his bondsmen in need.

There are two serious problems in your post:

1) Attainment of Perfection: We (humans) are not meant to be perfect as Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'aan:

a. We are weak

b. We are hasty

c. Our knowledge is limited

d. We are impatient

e. We are ungrateful

All that Allah (SWT) requires from us is sincere effort and trying, results are in the Hands of Allah (SWT) and we are REQUIRED to constantly turn to him in all times and circumstances as we have so many weakness (a to e)

2) Temporary Failure: In life all of us will go through setbacks and temporary failures, look at history:

a. Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) defeated in Uhud

b. Imam Hussain (RA) martyred by Yazid' Army including his 2 year old son's throat slit

If we apply modern logic to a & b then Astaghfirullah we will HAVE to CONCLUDE that a & b were failures and defeats but we know that they are NOT; they were temporary setbacks and even the best of the best (Prophet, himself) had them!

Brother in Islam, we are only required to do the following:

a) Be consistent (as per the Ahadeeth) in our actions

b) Turn to Allah (SWT) & don't rely on our efforts and plans

c) Don't loose hope in the mercy of Allah (SWT) despite temporary setbacks and loses

d) Continue dua

e) BE PATIENT (Allah's help is with those who are patient and constant in Salah)

I end this post by the following beautiful Hadeeth:

Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "No fatigue, illness, anxiety, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts any Muslim, even to the extent of a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping out his mistakes by it." [Agreed upon]

SO BE A FIGHTER NOT A QUITTER. KEEP TRYING AND WHEN YOU FAIL TO STICK TO YOUR PLANS, JUST KEEP GOING…KEEP MAKING DUA TO ALLAH (SWT), RESULTS ARE NOT IN YOUR HANDS…MAKING EFFORT AND BEING PATIENT IS IN YOUR HANDS, INSHA'ALLAH

Kayote

Assalam u Aliekum,

Masha'Allah some very good advise given but to further add something to Bluegazer's suggestions, I would advise start with making friends online.

Yes, its far better to have the friend in front of you but online friends are not far off either. Im sure there are lots of sisters who would love to be your friend and share their opinions and views of this world. Why not add some to your msn...

May Allah keep you (and us all) on the stright path.

WaAliekum Assalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam my sweet sweet little sister,

How I wish I were near you to give you a big hug and let you know everything will be fine. I know it is tough for you. Sweetie, you are never alone. Believe me the angels of Allah subhana talla are near you.
You do need to concentrate on your senior project...but we are here to help you. We will walk you through the project. Do not let the project become the focal point of your life.
You have not been listening to me and eating your candy bars. They are good for you. And what are you doing up so late at night? If you do not get enough sleep it is hard to think. If you stay up alone..you begin to think you are a caged tiger.
You have around 10,000 people on this website pulling for you!!! Faith is a slow process. It takes years of dedication and discipline to understand your interpersonal realtionship with Allah. Honey, you ain't there yet, because you are so young. You have so much more to experince.
I feel that you are being hard on yourself..give yourself a break...we are here for you. Please PM me..PM everyone you feel close to ..we are your sisters in Islam we can't let you be alone..afterall I am your aapa and I do love you..

Shannonx

:salam2:
I don't know what i'm doing to myself, but I woke up and read this and felt horrible for writing it. Maybe it was the sleep I got, but I feel so much more better than I did yesterday. For the first time in so long, I feel strong and I feel like I can handle anything that comes at me. When I was laying in bed this morning when I woke up, I was thinking of all the pain our brothers and sisters are going through in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, all over. I was thinking of the blessing Allah (swt) has given me which was Islam, and how i'm lucky to have Allah (swt) in my mind 24/7. That's no lie, I think of Allah (swt) every second of my life. When i'm weak, my belief in Allah (swt) is so strong. I'm a new Muslim, i'm going to go through hard times in my life like every Muslim does, and the hard times I go through will make me stronger. Islam isn't a game, and :astag: for me treating it like it was. I think i've been feeling down lately too because of the loneliness and spending Eid alone.

I really do feel bad for writing what I wrote, and like I said in other replies i'm sorry if I offended any of my brothers and sisters. It was not my intention. I love you all for the sake of Allah (swt) and I would never hurt any of you. How can I when you all have helped me so much.

With this, i'm not leaving the site. I don't think I could anyways, lol.

Shannonx

Oh yeah, and to all the wonderful pms I got, i'll reply to all of them later, I just don't have the time right now. But I will reply. :)

undeeniable

i hope

i sincerely hope

first for your sake

and second for the sake of the ummah in this country.

that you do not leave Islam. for any period of time.

from experience, i can tell you.

it is never a good thing to stop doing whatever it is that makes you a Muslim.

even if you haven't been praying or fasting, or wearing hijab.

or whatever.

it will not help you.

to give Islam a break.

i can give you lists of reasons why.

i will give you a few examples from my life.

just please trust me.

i am an American i dealt with school, and friends and family.

and as soon as i gave Islam a "break", i had to deal with myself.

and it was really hard, to make myself "go back" to Islam.

Islam takes effort.

just like school family and work.

that said, i should mention that the worst times in my life that i can remember are the times when i wasn't practicing.

unfortunately those times outnumber the times when i have been close to Allah.

ive read many of your posts over the months, and i really think you are a smart girl.

i think you have the potential to be a wonderful example for our community, and i think you would be much happier if you did what felt right in your heart.

we need more people like you doing the right things to show our people what islam is.

if we drift away, and forget about making an example out of our beleif.
we will be the miserable ones in 20 years time.
not the iggnorant people whos oppinions you may be worried about.

my adivice to you, is to just practce your faith.

allah will make the rest happen. the quran promises this, and i do too.

there will be nothing else to worry about.

it takes a long time to acheive this understanding, but you will see the light at the end of the the tunnel so to speak if you just take a little more initiative.

it was so hard for me to tell my father i was a Muslim, but because i had been defending Islam for so long before i told him it didn't surprise him at all.

the thing is, he knew i was a Muslim but because i didn't tell him, and because i didn't practice my faith, he knew nothing about it after all these years.
he thought it must be a bad thing if i had to hide it from him.
and even after i told him about my faith, it really didnt mean much because i still wasn't practicing.

dating, partying and acting stupid was normal.
guys were supposed to have girlfriends, and drugs were part of growing up.
studies didn't matter as long as you passed. and your friends were ok as long as they didn't get you arrested. just work hard for money, and don't kill anyone, you'll be ok...right?.

so to him, the only thing perverted about my character was my faith.

but when i started practicing my faith, he saw the good in it.

i ditched the stupid friends, and married my girlfriend who also converted to Islam.

i became more polite, respectful and understanding.

my patience increased.

and he saw something in me he never saw before.

true peace

happiness.

and most of all hope.

Islam gave me hope that i could be a better person, and that i could make something of myself.

that i could help a struggling ummah.

bring fresh bloodlines into Islam.

educate myself

and educate my people.

and when you do things for the sake of Allah swt,

he rewards you.

its like paying into a bank account.

that you cant control.

if you do good deeds for the sake of Allah alone, that deed goes into the account.

and you may not see them for a while.

but as soon as you really need it, Allah helps you.

in Islam we believe that Allah will not burden someone more than they can bear.

so i suggest you really try to be strong, and not weak.

don't get me wrong.

i am not saying that if you stop associating yourself with Islam, your life will be horrible.

in fact i could be altogether wrong you may not have time, or mental energy to juggle islam, family, school, and friends.

but if you have to drop one, i certainly dont suggest islam.

i moved to tampa florida from daytona beach area in florida.

for two reasons, allah, and my wife.

my wife wants to go to college to be a teacher

i really want to go to school as well.

in fact i told most of my family that i moved here so i could go to school.

but the truth is there is a good muslim community here, and masjids all over the place.

muslims wearing hijab in every store you go into practically.

i purposely got an apartment like 3 blocks away from the university.

the truth is, i don't know if i will be able to go to the university.

i am able to support my family here now. but i dont know how i can cut my hours down in order to study and survive at the same time.

but i am beginning to understand that it doesn't even matter.

if Allah wants me to get a degree, i will.

if not at least i can be a Muslim. and support my family alhumdulila

another thing.

since i have begun practicing, all kinds of good things have been happening to my family.

my wife over drafted our bank account and incurred like 300 dollars in additional fees.

i found that out right after i received exactly that amount in zakat from a local charity.

when i received it i didn't think i deserved it, but i found out later that my wife had over drafted the account before i received the donation, we just hadn't known about it.

i personally dont think it is a coincidence.

we have been meeting many good families who are pious and friendly, and willing to help with anything.

our car broke down, but alhumdulila we were able to fix it because a week before i finally got a job.( i moved here during Ramadan)

the cab i called to pick me up when i had to get a new battery for the car was a muslim and didn't turn his ticker on.

he even helped me install the battery and made sure we were able to drive the car to a mechanic to have the alternator fixed.

my mom who is Muslim(convert)

has not been on good terms with me for years and didn't approve of my girlfriend, or me marrying her.

but she just happened to locate a doctor randomly in tampa who was willing to do give her a cataract surgery for free.

not only can she see again, the appointment coincided with me living here only 2 weeks.

she met my wife and gave us her blessings, and solved a problem that was within myself for like 7 years now.

i talk to her nearly every day.

i found out that my cousin who lives in Tampa converted to Islam in college, and insha Allah, i can be a good example for her. because she doesn't practice.

my other cousin studying in Miami is interested in Islam(so i hear), and is taking Arabic classes this semester.

the job i found here is with a Muslim guy who seems to be really nice.

i am so thankful for all the wonderful things that have happened to me since i started praying and practicing my faith.

and to some it may seem like i am going through greater struggles that i was when i was using the name Somewhatinspired on this forum.

but the fact is i don't feel that way.

i stopped complaining, and put my trust in Allah 100% and everything played out better than i could have hoped.

i have a nice little home, and i am meeting good people. i have a beautiful wife who loves me and i trust and love her dearly.

i may have the opportunity to study, and hopefully i can make something of myself

but most of all i feel close to Allah

i am less hesitant to trust allah again, and i am eager to see how my life plays out insha Allah.

please sister try to be strong.

if you wait for miracles they most likely wont come without some work.

just do your best to do what you can . and above anything hope to be a good Muslim for the sake of Allah, and then for the sake of yourself.

don't worry about your friends. ditch them, focus on school and Islam, be respectful to your family, and go to college. go to a college with lots of Muslims, and get involved in the community.

the community can help you.

and insha Allah you can help the community.

i pray for three things mainly

iman( i ask Allah to increase my faith)
Family(i ask Allah to protect and provide for my family)
and lastly education.

after that i pray for other erroneous things.

i do it five times a day insha Allah.

and i do it for the sake of Allah.

and i am very happy with the way things are going.

alhumdulila

undeeniable

of course, im late as usual.

i typed that last post over the course of the day, so please don't think i was still ranting after you snapped out of it lol

nasiruyola

salam
I did not usually participate in thread but can't do away with the feeling of fellow muslms.
I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT YOUR SITUATION AND HOP THAT THE CREATOR OF HAVEN AND EARTH HELPS YOU.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND YOU ARE NOT LONELY, YOU HAVE OVER A BILLION PEOPLE TO TURN TO WHOM ALLAH HAS ORDAINED TO HELP YOU SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS.
MY DU'A AND BEST WISHES TO YOU AND WILL INCLUDE YOU IN MY PRAYERS.
RENMEBER SISTER AND HAVING READ MANY OF YOUR POST ON THIS SITE, I CAN SAY THAT; I HAVE LOT OF CONFIDENCE IN YOUR ABILITY TO DEFEAT SATAN.
MA'ASSALAM

Musulmanin

[yt]_ccgbH0YTQA[/yt]

Lyrics:

Today, upon a bus,
I saw a girl with golden hair.
And wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and wore a crutch.
But as she passed, she smiled.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two legs the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I `d go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I'd know.
I have blessed indeed, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy.
The lad who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.
If I were late, it `d do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
You see," he said, "I `m blind"
I have two eyes the world is mine.

I have blessed indeed, the world is mine.

I saw a child with eyes of blue.
He stood and watched the others play.
He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew. He couldn't hear.
I have two ears the world is mine.

I have blessed indeed, the world is mine
:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

arabiantxn

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu dear sister

You need to get married. :) You need somebody who can help you in accomplishing the goals and duties of this life and carry the same in the Hereafter. I dont want to comment on how you feel but would like to just show what a brother wrote to me advising me

Dude she is going thru problems she doesn't need more problems
why do people think marriage is the answer to problems - i say marriage is the reason to problems. Btw I am not married but I hear that a lot!

lady if you listen to me your solution is prayers and Dua
may allah help us all ! -masalaam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I don't know what i'm doing to myself, but I woke up and read this and felt horrible for writing it. Maybe it was the sleep I got, but I feel so much more better than I did yesterday. For the first time in so long, I feel strong and I feel like I can handle anything that comes at me. When I was laying in bed this morning when I woke up, I was thinking of all the pain our brothers and sisters are going through in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, all over. I was thinking of the blessing Allah (swt) has given me which was Islam, and how i'm lucky to have Allah (swt) in my mind 24/7. That's no lie, I think of Allah (swt) every second of my life. When i'm weak, my belief in Allah (swt) is so strong. I'm a new Muslim, i'm going to go through hard times in my life like every Muslim does, and the hard times I go through will make me stronger. Islam isn't a game, and :astag: for me treating it like it was. I think i've been feeling down lately too because of the loneliness and spending Eid alone.

I really do feel bad for writing what I wrote, and like I said in other replies i'm sorry if I offended any of my brothers and sisters. It was not my intention. I love you all for the sake of Allah (swt) and I would never hurt any of you. How can I when you all have helped me so much.

though i might have sounded like a major miss-attitude in my other post..i thought i should clarify something..especially now since you are not so emotional anymore and realized what i was hoping you'd come to realize..

though you are a stranger..i have never met you..and you have never met me..and perhaps we might never meet..but as long as you claim to be Muslim..whether i have issues with it or not..accept it..resent it..have my prejudices or indifferences about it..*you are* my sister..

and i do not want a sister of mine to display signs of weakness..and that's not because i'm delusional and trying to forget the fact that we are humans in the end..and our weakness can overpower us..i don't want that because..as long as Allah (swt) is there..then you can't be *that* weak..

i was amazed when i read your post..because i immediately thought..how can she sound so fed-up with everything..and she is a *revert*???..

you reversion..and your love for Allah (swt) and His Prophet (pbuh) and commitment towards them (even if only by emotions) is *endurance* and *strength* that very few of men and women can handle..if the truth had come your way..and you claimed it..despite any and all consequences then you cannot be someone who can be fed-up so easily..wallahi i have so much love and respect for our reverted brothers and sisters for that reason..mashallah..i can't imagine going through half of what you brothers and sisters go through!!!..because it takes *A LOT* to withstand your hardships

so don't let the shaytans (of spirit and humans) get to you sister..they are here to break you down in every way imaginable..if you keep Allah (swt) in mind 24/7 like you say..they'll never get that chance inshallah!..and should you feel lonely..consider TTI your other home and its members your family both immediate and extended..pick those whom you feel closest to and trust..and speak with them about these issues..or even chat with them for a bit about anything..so you can preoccupy yourself..or better yet..read Qura'an or make a prayer even if it's *one ruka'a* long!

and always remember..patience..and prayer..are the best cures prescribed by Allah (swt) for all your hardships..you might not *feel anything* during that period of time or straight afterwards..but believe me (and i am speaking from experience)..you will get what will *shake-you-up* with feelings..you won't just get *a-feeling*..and what you seek you will find and your problems will be resolved in the most amazing of ways and at times without any effort..and before and without you even praying for it at times..because Allah (swt) *is there* for you even before you feel a feeling a think a thought..and He in all His mercy will not be hesitant to extend His help to you..

and inshallah what the other brothers and sisters said to you..will remain in your mind and in your heart..and make dua'a for yourself just as they will..and inshallah..you will find nothing but khair afterwards..

take very good care of yourself..and keep the spirits up!

:wasalam:

Shannonx

Sis, I actually needed to hear that. It made me open my eyes, so no you didn't sound like a major-miss attitude. I appreciate any comment, whether if it's harsh or the complete opposite.

But, like I said i'm feeling a lot better now. I had lots of time to sit and think, and watched the videos people have posted here and it opened my eyes a lot more.

Jazakallahu khair everyone.

kayleigh

I'm glad you're feeling better. But this thing isn't abnormal, nor will it probably be the last time you feel down about your faith. I'm sure it's been said a million times, but iman goes up and down. So in the future, if this happens again, don't get too discouraged. You know now that it's possible to see it through till you feel better and stronger, so just remember that in the future.

A

abdul ghaleeb

nice to hear shannonX
never give up and may Allaah(swt) always have his hands against our reebelious and unsubmisive minds
and remember thats what TTI is for
were family so always feel free to express your problems with your revertion to islam
remember never ever ever ever ever give up

p.s this is my favorite surah . . it may help you. it helps me if i say it every day
Surah 94. Solace, Consolation, Relief

1. Have We not expanded thee thy breast?-

2. And removed from thee thy burden

3. The which did gall thy back?-

4. And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?

5. So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:

6. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

7. Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard,

8. And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:

:salah: :tti_sister: Alhamdulillah my dear sister :SMILY23::SMILY23::SMILY23:,,,May Alah swt keeps us steadfast in our deen,,however hard and easy a testing he bestows on us,, patience and turn to him only for consolations and help....May Allah guide us all in his straight path till the day we meet him....Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen

:wasalam::hijabi:

khalillulah

sis be steadfast. Allah will alleviate your problems. Others have went through unimaginable misery and ONLY ONE WHO PUT TRUST IN ALLAH SHALL OVERCOME ALL THE TRAIALS. you are stressing so much on this world, while you are putting your akhira at stake.

maasalm.

muharram23

Staff member

Sister, i am so happy that you returned to Allah s.vs and that you saw how much more you have in life than other muslims. Just know that shaytan (satan) is working hard, day and night, 24/7, he never sleeps in order to make us loose hope in Allah s.v.s. In one hadeeth our belove prophet muhammad s.v.s. said that "ad-dunya sijnul mu'min wa jannatul kaafir" meaning that this world is a prison to the believer but a paradise for the disbeliever. Meaning that the disbelievers can do whatever they want, having no rules nor borders. They do whatever their desires please. However, a mu'min (believer) can't do what ever he/she pleases. We have sets and rules and borders that we have to follow and we can't cross them. But we don't care, little suffering for eternal peace is worth it. Allah s.va says in the quran in surrah inshirah 95

5. So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
6. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

And indeed, you went through difficulity, but then today you woke up and felt much better, because you didnt loose hope in Allah. Only people who disbelief in Allah, loose hope in Allah.

Let me remind you of the story of prophet ejjub a.s who went with alot of trials. He was rich, head alot of children and people working for him. One day he became sick, his children burned inside the house, all people left him. After 16 years of suffering in some narrations, Allah relieved him from the hardship. People thought that Ejjubb must have done something really terrible to Allah when he suffered so much. However, there is one verse in Quran where Allah mentions that do we think that we will enter paradise and not go through the trials that people before us went. (if anyone can find the verse please do it).

All these stories in the quran of the prophets, Allah lets us know so that if we go through the same trials in our life, we can look back and see that people before went even more, and than we can say ALhamdulillah, like you said when you woke up

"I was thinking of the blessing Allah (swt) has given me which was Islam, and how i'm lucky to have Allah (swt) in my mind 24/7. That's no lie, I think of Allah (swt) every second of my life. When i'm weak, my belief in Allah (swt) is so strong".

Be strong sister as this life is full of trials and never give up. Allah the creator of heaven and earth is on our side. Sometimes Allah doesnt answer our calls when we want, but he will definitelly answer them. There is a narration that a person will make duas (supplications) but he wont see them until day of judgment. And then on day of judgment, Allah will answer all of them until the person says, "i wish i left all my duas until this day".

You can read few nice verses from quran here
http://www.ramadhanzone.com/verses_of_quran.asp

If i said anything good, then that is from ALlah, and if i said anything bad, then that is from me and shaytan.

Allah knows best

Assalamu alaykum
Muharram

mutaqoon

Assalamu alaykum...

Well to be honest, I only read a few of sis Shannon's messages in this thread. As I understood, She had a bad night and things got clear the next morning. alhamdulillah to hear that.. We all go through that phase...

I strongly suggest that you try to meet some muslims in your neighborhood if you can...please see if you can visit a mosque in your neighborhood if you can...if not contact whichever mosque is closer to you and try to talk to some sisters there. Perhaps you could go to a distant masjid at least on weekends. Thats about the religious part of your life...

For the rest of the personal problems you are going through, all I can say is *have patience* I know its easy say that than to practise it! But that is the real key to everyone's problems. If things are too overwhelming, perhaps you are trying to tackle everything at the same time. Take it easy a bit and try to tackle them one by one.