California Muslim denied service at bank over hijab

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
:salam2:

Not surprising, SubhanAllah the states are crazy, I remember when I was waiting for the bus in the pouring rain with my sister, and it was only us waiting at the bus stop. The Bus Driver never pulled over, he looked at us and kept driving, and this bus was NOT out of service. Astagfirullah, we had to walk to our destination in the rain, because the next bus wasn't coming for a long time. Like the Prophet of Allah (SAW) said, This religion is going to become a strange thing. So I expect this type of behavior now.

soeurette

you know I read all these stories and yet I've never had a single problem. I've never been stopped, never been denied service...nothing, and inshAllah it'll stay that way. I do feel bad for my brothers and sisters who have to endure this, but I feel like my region of the US isn't even part of the US when I hear these kinds of stories.

AlQurtubi

Banned
I wonder if that bank would have asked any jew not to wear his hat at work?

They are trying by everymean to irritate muslims. But we must remember that Sahabah(RA) were given more hard time than this. We are living a lavish life as compare to them.

Where is the FREEDOM of bla bla bla now?

Salaam,

CAIR took immediate action and filed the incident with the Department of Justice (DOJ).

The bank’s president stated that while the bank stands by its “no hats” policy, it does not prohibit the wearing of a headscarf and the incident was due to an employee “not exercising good judgment”; the bank will also write a formal written apology to the Muslim customer.

I think the bank should set up a sensitivity training & that teaches about Islam to it's employees!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaikum all,

I see it as a protection for the sister and therefore things didnt workout for her for this job. A job in the bank in the west with dealings in riba isnt a good job for us muslims. May Allah protect us all from dealings in Riba.. Ameen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Just be glad that it was not I who was the woman. The bankers would be crying right about now.

The hate will not cease...but the rewards from Allah subhana talla never cease either. It is our choice.

Why are we still banking with the evil mongers?? Please Brother Humble Wun educate our brothers and sisters!

As usual I am late for work!! May Allah subhana talla bless your day.