Can i follow 2 (madhabs) schools of thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i follow Hanafi school but in some matters (like way of praying witr), i prefer Shafi school.

can i follow both of them?

some scholars say that if you do that, it means you are following your desires.

quite confused!

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
asalam o alykum wr wbb
don't worry brother i m following the multiple madhabs as i believe those scholars we better Muslims then us ...
as far as its proved with hadith u can go for it n Allah knows the best.. (by the way its my own practice so no controversial comments are welcomed........ someone more learned can guide you... as we have so much learned persons between us)
wsalam wr wb

Imadulbarq

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
to find the answer for your question please visit this link 'Sayings Of The Imaams Regarding Following The Sunnah And Ignoring Their Views Contradictory To It'
your bro

Irshaad.K

:salam2:

Here brother go to the link below (remove spaces of course!):

h t t p :// w w w . darulihsan. com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1559:what-is-the-proof-of-taqleed-shaksi-ie-that-you-have-to-follow-only-one-scholarimam&catid=79:aqidah&Itemid=174

Idris16

i follow Hanafi school but in some matters (like way of praying witr), i prefer Shafi school.

quite confused!
Nope dont think we follow our desires because of that
i follow all of them alhamdulilah.
We dont follow others blindly:astag:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2: brother

No you really shouldnt do that.
its like going to so many doctors and taking all of the medications that they prescribe for you.. then what hapens..? u end up in a big mess.

folllow one school and make things easy for yourslef rather than following many

hope this clears up the confusion

Wassalaam

Irshaad.K

Brother Idris16 please follow the link I have provided in my previous post. This would Inshaallah put things into perspective for you. Jazakallah.

Idris16

Brother Idris16 please follow the link I have provided in my previous post. This would Inshaallah put things into perspective for you. Jazakallah.
I couldnt read too much:redface:

Here it says
‘Allama Kiranwi (may Allah Ta’ala be pleased with him) mentioned, “If (leaving one’s Madhhab for another) is due to (the layman) finding a defect in the forsaken Madhhab, then he is not qualified (to make this judgment). If it is due preference, then again he is not qualified. There exists no reason to change madhhabs except following one’s desires or a thing which is not relied upon. Therefore, it is not permissible (to change madhhabs) especially when this action will open the doors of following one’s desires and ego. (Muqaddima ‘Ila al-Sunan 84 Idarat al-Qur’an)

So it's following desires. My family follows Imam Shafi'i Rahimahullaah and I won't follow an Imam so blindly. If you look at IslamQA they usually say which is the correct one of the madhabs if they see sth wrong..

That's what I follow, if there's sth wrong i wont follow it blindly.

daywalker

So it's following desires. My family follows Imam Shafi'i Rahimahullaah and I won't follow an Imam so blindly. If you look at IslamQA they usually say which is the correct one of the madhabs if they see sth wrong..

That's what I follow, if there's sth wrong i wont follow it blindly.
Nobody says u to follow imam shafii blindly! get the evidence book of shafii madhab, and read with evidence! who is telling u to follow a person blindly? NONE!

For each and every madhab their own opinion is strong. If you read Islamqa, they will say what is strong opinion according to sh.munajjid. So you are following madhab of sh.munajjid.

daywalker

Ibn Taymiyyah(rahimahullah) said, “According to their whims, these people sometimes follow an Imaam who permits a marriage and then follow another Imaam who disallows it. Such a practice is not at all permissible.” Fataawaa Ibn Taymiyyah (Vol.2 Pg.240).

Let start with an example is a verse of the Qur'aan that states that a
divorcee should remain in Iddah for three ‘Quroo’. Now because the word Quroo means menstruation as well as the state of purity, some confusion may arise about whether a divorcee should wait in Iddah for three periods of menstruation to pass or for three periods of purity to.

now sh.munajjid will bring the proof imam abu hanifa(rh) and imam shafii(rh). then he wil do his own resaerch and argument.

at last he will say one rules, which is same like imam shafii(rh), but in another matter he gave rules according to imam abu hanifa(rh).

So it means we are following sh.munajjid ijtihad, and not Ijtihad of our salaf(imam abu hanifa, imam shafii, imam malik, imam hanbal(rh) and so on.

We dont follow others blindly:astag:
Everyone are more or less making taqleed...blindly!
You are making taqleed if you dont know:

1. Arabic - Because then you are restricted to the traslators interpretation(the reason being that the translator always interprets what a word with sevral meanings have in another language) and a second-hand source.

2. If you are not a muhadith knowing how to classify hadith. For example if you say al-Albani have said this hadith is sahih then you are making taqleed of al-Albanis judgement without you yourself being able to classify the hadith.

3. If you dont know 3ilm al-naseekh wa al-mansookh - the science of abrogation.

And many other points....

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

Brother "daywalker" an excellent example presented mashaAllah!
" thalaathata Quru' "

JazakAllah khair for your explanation

Wassalaam

Idris16

Nobody says u to follow imam shafii blindly! get the evidence book of shafii madhab, and read with evidence! who is telling u to follow a person blindly? NONE!

For each and every madhab their own opinion is strong. If you read Islamqa, they will say what is strong opinion according to sh.munajjid. So you are following madhab of sh.munajjid.
so the point is?
to follow one madhab even if it may say sth wrong?
:wasalam:

daywalker

see the Qur'aan and Sunnah:)
Indeed, THen why ibn taymiyha(rh) is telling like other scholars also :
Ibn Taymiyyah(rahimahullah) said, “According to their whims, these people sometimes follow an Imaam who permits a marriage and then follow another Imaam who disallows it. Such a practice is not at all permissible.” Fataawaa Ibn Taymiyyah (Vol.2 Pg.240).
who cares about desire? I have hadith infront of me. One time i will do wudu if i touch my wife, and next time i wil not do wudu, cause my nafs dont accept that hadith but another hadith which says if i touch my wife, i dont need to do wudu!

Akhi Idris is saying something, and Ibn taymiyah(rh) and other scholars is saying another thing.:SMILY26:

Idris16

Indeed, THen why ibn taymiyha(rh) is telling like other scholars also :

who cares about desire? I have hadith infront of me. One time i will do wudu if i touch my wife, and next time i wil not do wudu, cause my nafs dont accept that hadith but another hadith which says if i touch my wife, i dont need to do wudu!

Akhi Idris is saying something, and Ibn taymiyah(rh) and other scholars is saying another thing.:SMILY26:
Loooool I think you have misunderstood me... when i said i follow all of them i meant i will follow the one who has right in sth... for example when it comes to wudu i will follow one imam because it seems right and salah with another imam. i wont do different things of wudu in different times because of desire
I hope u understand what i mean
:wasalam:

daywalker

i will follow the one who has right in sth...
How do you know one imam is right and another imam is wrong? dont tell me, you learned from sh.munajjid who said this imam is right and that imam is wrong! if so you aren´t following any imam but only sh.munajjid.
for example when it comes to wudu i will follow one imam because it seems right and salah with another imam.
what is the criteria of your judging one is right and another one is wrong? Not everything glance, are Gold. and the word "Seem" is also used as synonym of guess or assuming. so i hope you dont practise the religion by guessing or assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.