Can I pray Istikhara for this?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam brothers and sisters,

About a day after Halloween, I started having very painful headaches and a feeling that I was about to faint. This lasted for a week. When I went to the doctor, they said that this was because I sat on the computer too much and strained my eyes. ( I might need glasses ) During the week, I had a feeling of fatigue almost all the time that felt like I was a very unhealthy and diseased person. I went and reasearched about cancer. So I found out that fatigue is almost always a early sign of all types of cancer, and I also found out that bone, blood and lymph cancer are most common in teens my age. The next day, I have bone pains and random sharp feelings almost around all of my body. I begin to freak, almost sure that I have cancer, begin to cry in the washroom for like 5 minutes, do my prayers, get distracted and cry, go to school, get distracted and NOT cry because im in front of people but get tears. I felt that it was unlikely that sitting on the computer too much can make me feel tired 24/7 and give me aching pain almost everywhere in my body so my second best bet was cancer. I can't concentrate anymore because thats all I think about ( seriously ) And on top of that, I feel tingling all over my feet and hands and by the way, that was a symptom of cancer and it's treatments apparently too. Now, almost sure that I have cancer, I feel as if I NEED to pray istikhara and ask Allah to tell me if I have it or not because my mom will think im crazy if I tell her to take me to the doctor. Can I ask Allah to tell me if I have cancer or will that be a prayer in vain?

Salam brothers,

Ashima33

Why don't you ask your mom to take you to the doctor because you don't feel well? Tell her you've been experiencing fatigue and extreme anxiety. Anxiety is something that is psychological but can severly affect you physically. You don't have to mention your worries of cancer, just yet. If you do not want to worry your mom about the cancer thing... Ask her to take you to the doctor, but let her know you'd like to see the doctor on your own... and mention all of your concerns privately to the doctor. Maybe just getting out exactly what you're thinking will ease some of the anxiety.

palestine

Servant of Allah
i agree with ashima. but also do istikhara that you don't get cancer inshAllah. salam and please don't worry much more. however akhi i too use the computer a lot and right for the past week i've been having huge headaches that for some time i thought i had brain tumor, a type of cancer. and i felt the fainting too, almost did faint. i took pain reliever and it didn't really help. i'm minimizing the time i use the computer. don't worry i hope we will both feel fine. inshaAllah. i also had hyplori and still do sometimes which leads to stomach ulcer or stomache cancer. i will be fine too inshaAllah. don't worry.

ShyHijabi

Salaam brother,

If you had cancer it would've shown in the bloodtest you just recently had done. You white cell count would've been so elevated they would've immediately alerted you. I had leukemia as a teenager and you aren't just tired, you are lethargic. This means you can't even rise from the couch. I also had massive bruising, bleeding gums, and a constant fever.

The docs ran a blood test and called within 24 hours to bring me in for a bone marrow aspiration and a spinal tap. As soon as they confirmed their suspicions I was started on chemo within a week. And the bone pain doesn't occur until the latter stages of cancer.

Fatigue is such a non specific symptom that it could mean anything, the common cold, infection, etc.,

Wasalaam

~Sarah

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
I would think you need to look at depression, have you been having problems at school? Or with a friend? Talk to someone, all the signs you have point to that. Talk to your Mom first.....we mothers arent' all that bad :SMILY149: Often more times than not, it can be a chemical imbalance too (lack of vitamins). Please don't think the worst!

alhumdulilah talk to Mom and insha allah you will see.........

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Istikhara is prefered to be performed for any decision to be made. Its like consulting Allah in your everyday matters which is highly rewarded.

abuayesha

:salam2: Dear Waseem

May Allaah bless you. Protect you from deceases. Aameen.

As you suggested pray Isthikharaa and ask Allaah to grant you relief from whatever you are going through.

Do consult with your mother and doctor/s.

Just one or two advises for those sitting in front of computers and working.

1. After every 20 minutes get up from the chair and walk outside and look greenary for sometime, say about 3 to 4 minutes.

2. Relax for about 5 minutes, it is better if you could walk outside for that period. Of course, it will cover no. 1 too.

3. Check your chair whether it is comfortable. It should keep your back born straight.

4. Have a foot rest always. Wooden one is better.

Wassalaam

autumn

Strength in Unity
salam,

i think its better you dont think you have cancer..okay..am sure you'l be fine..and will pray for you..inshaAllah

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Thanks for your replys everyone. Sister Sarah what happend to you was very personal and I really appreciate it for telling us that just so I get get out of this paranoia phase im in. Brother/sister AleahKoto I would not consider myself to be depressed. I carry good friendships with the Muslims brothers at my school and have never found myself to be consistenly crying other then when a person dies or I think i'm going to die. I think my problem is too much information, I should seriously stop researching about these serious illnesses, its as if I learn about them and MAKE myself have those symptoms. ( Im not sure if I can even BE a doctor if im scared of even saying cancer)

Thank you everyone, I hope you get better sister palestine :)