Can i throw newspapers with Allah's name in them?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

mashallah in our newspapers, there are special sections for Islamic knowledge.

there are names of Allah, verses of Quran, hadith (all in english). so can i throw them with other papers?

PS: burning or burying them could be difficult.

vegangoth

Banned
:salam2:,

mashallah in our newspapers, there are special sections for Islamic knowledge.

there are names of Allah, verses of Quran, hadith (all in english). so can i throw them with other papers?

PS: burning or burying them could be difficult.

That's an intresting question, one I would never have thought of. But I'd imagine it would be ok to throw them away ( or recycle them) after all if you didn't you'd end up having a huge pile of paper that you would not be able to get in the door lol. What you could do is cut out the bit's you like and paste them into a scrapbook type thing.

vegangoth

Banned
salam alykum broter.

for my self , i cut the part of the paper that contain the holy name or the hadits and i can do what i want with the rest.
an i just burn the parts with holy names or hadits when i have time and space to do so. i save them in clean and safe place , and that not need a lot of place at all.
wa salam alykum brother.

hi shaytan worshiper vegangoat , you should think of worshiping your creator than to spend time to give advice to muslims.

That's not a very nice thing to say. Are you just annoyed because my advice was very,very similer to what you do? lol[/COLO

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
salam alykum broter.

hi shaytan worshiper vegangoat , you should think of worshiping your creator than to spend time to give advice to muslims.

:salam2:

Come on now my brother, don't be rude to her, that's not nice. It's better to find a better way to express what you want to get across or your advice becomes futile.

:wasalam:

ahmed m

as muslims,we should look for spiritual faults in oneselves.if we take the time to,we will com to know that we actually hav many defects.let us not accuse others of any wrongdoing.may Allah guide us all.
And Allah knows best

revert2007

Love Fishing
Hi Vegan,

Can I know what stopping you from being a Muslim? May Allah guides you.

i have asked her this question many times and u can check the post WHY by ansari that we debate a lot till i came to a conclusion HER TIME HASN'T COME YET.Only Allah knows and just leave her to learn whatever she wants and let her express and give advice and participate in tti as long as it is not against islam.Allah has better plan for everyone.

small story to be shared.2 days a go i attened relative's valimah and i met a woman related to my sister in law's husband's relatative.we had nice chat and keep on proudly talking about malaysia.yesterday we got a news that her parents,sister and a servant boy got accident on the way to another wedding and her dad passed away.innalillah.am so shocked and became to realisation that death might knock our day any time.

those who are not muslim,plz use ur time to be a good muslim than enjoying ur life and being arrogant.

saif

I personally see no problem in recycling the newspaper or books with holly names or texts on them. The classical solutions, which the fuqaha' have suggested, are very much ways of respectful recycling, which in modern times has taken a different shape. The classical solution was either to throw them in a river or to burry them in ground. In both ways, the paper was returned to the nature for a natural decay. Burning such texts is an ijtihaad, which I can understand but burning is a symbol of disrespect in some cultures. Some christians in Pakistan had to face blasphemy charges, when some burned pages of Quran were found in their garbage. Even though I accept burning as a possibility, I recommend people not to do it in Pakistan because it can cost them their lives.

Here in west, I am not afraid of blasphemy charges but I am afraid of the dangers of open fire in the house. So the only safe and clean way-out left is to properly throw them in the recycling paper.

saif

Bear in mind that paper in 'classical' times was probably manufactured much differently than paper nowadays, and didn't involve so many chemicals and bleaches and stuff. That being the case, it probably decayed much better, and returned to it's constituent elements easier. Modern paper, depending on how it is made, may have small amounts of bad chemicals, and may take longer to decay, so throwing it in the water or even the ground may be disrespectful, because it is littering or polluting.

I agree 100%. That's why I think, the classical solution is not relevant. But if we want to act upon it by its spirite, we should respectfully recycle those papers