cannot forgive myself...

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
yesterday i committed a hugesin, and although i asked God to forgive me,and i hope he did, i cannot seem to forgive myself. i am very depressed, what should i do?:girl3: :girl3: :girl3: :girl3: :girl3: :girl3: :girl3:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Sister In Islam,

Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

"The believer sees his sin as a mountain beneath which he is sitting and which he fears may fall down upon him. The rebellious person sees his sin as a fly which passes in front of his nose and he swats it away…" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6308)

Be sincere in your repentance towards Allaah, regret what you did and determine never to do it again. If you do that, Allaah will forgive all your sins, no matter how great they were. You should not despair of the mercy of Allaah

You should also hasten to do many good deeds, to expiate for your sin, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

"And perform al-salaat (the prayer) at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds…" [Hud 11:114]

I ask Allaah to help you to repent sincerely, to forgive your sins and to include you in His Mercy, for He is the All-hearing Who answers prayers.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Happy 2B a Muslim is correct. Allah grants forgiveness. Repent and go on. Do not dwell on the sin. The more time you spend on thinking of the sin the longer you will remain in the state of the sin.
Prayer cleanses our souls. Pray and give zakat. Get your feet back on the path and move forward. Surrond yourself with Muslims. Fast. and move forward on the path.
We are human..we have all committed sins. Sister, do not make mention of it anymore.. it has been erased.

learnermuslim

Salaams,

Repent from the heart, do not repeat it and move on. If you walk forwards looking backwards you will only keep bumping in to things and hurting yourself.

Fi amanAllah

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Salaams,

Repent from the heart, do not repeat it and move on. If you walk forwards looking backwards you will only keep bumping in to things and hurting yourself.

Fi amanAllah

AssalaamuAlaikum,

The kind of picture you are using, it always seems you are joking, no matter how much serious you are. :)

Wasslaam,
Ve

learnermuslim

hey, thats my latest picture, granted did not shave before hand, but smile genuine.

I know what you mean, but in a way thats the only facial expression I would like to have and see on other people always.

I have sent a PM to Mabsoot asking if it doesn't break site rules, will of course be taken off if it does, but haven't heard back from the Bro , so will let it be.

However, was thinking of taking a poll to see if people want it off, what you think bro Virtualeye about pic and poll?

justoneofmillion

AssalaamuAlaikum,here you are again virtual brother

am hunting for you to laugh!!!!!!!!you are always complaining i love it

sorry i didn`t mean "virtual brother"but real brother virtual otherwise some christian friend may confuse you with the holy ghost!!!wassalam

sindbad

amyaishazouaoui

This whole forgivness thing is a difficult thing. Although you have to ask for forgivness, I have always found it more difficult to forgive myself for what I have done. I think when you manage to forgive yourself, that is when you will be able to move on and get on with life. I also find it the key for feeling that Allah has forgiven me, whether he has or not i another question, but if I ask, why shoud he not forgive me??????

Don't dwell on it, It has happened. Move on, although it is difficult. Dont let the past eat you up, been there and its not good.

As muslims we should try not to sin, but allah did not make us perfect and knew we were going to sin anyway, so we cannot be perfect. Although you must remember that you are trying to get to jannah and ideally the fewer sins we commit, the easier it may be, this may not be the case. Allah tests us in all sorts of ways. Just think of the reward you are getting for trying to struggle against what has happened. Think of the reward you will gain for repenting to allah in tht extra ibadah!!

I know some people work by thinking oh look how much I have done bad...... etcetcetc.

But there is a flip side, as I say to all my students in their exms, your here to gain point not loose them. If you are feeling really down, think about all the good deeds you have done today. It may be a little thing o you but the reward may be greater than you ever imagined.

I find trying to be positive helps me get though. I guaranetee the good things you have done today, yesterday are many, we make mistakes, look on the brighter side, getout and stop feeling bad about yourself.

:wasalam: :)

algerianmuslima

SALAM SISTER IN ISLAM DON'T B SAD >IF ALLAH FIRGIVES HOW D HUMANS CAN'T FIRGIVE THEMSELFS HIS NAME IS (ALRAFOUR) SO JUST FORGET D PAST AND TRY NEW PAGE INSHA_ALLAH MORE BETTER THAN UR PAST>AND WE WILL PRAY 4 U AND 4 ALL SISTERS AND BROTHERS AND ALL MUSLIM COUNTRIES(ALLAH YAHFADKUM JAMI_AN)WA SALAM

algerianmuslima

ASALAMU ALAYKOUM WA RAHMATOU ALLAH WA BRAKATOUH SO SISTERS AND BROTHRS IN DIZ SITE COULD U PLZ ACCEPT ME AS NEW SISTER HERE >WAJA ZAKOUM ALLAH KHAYR

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
assalamu caleikum

:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: , but i think you should have posted this in the introduction section, but never mind.
Hope you'll benefit inshallah

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
My sheikh once said to me " A hypocrite feels his sins as a mosquito resting on his nose. Annoying to look at, but not truly troubling. The mu'umin feels even the smallest of sins as if a mountain were resting on their chest."

You have prayed for forgiveness. Now, do your best not to repeat the action.

wa salam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Dear sister, u know what was the basic difference between Adam (AS) and Shaitan ? They both sinned by going against the will of Allah SWT BUT Adam (AS) felt sorry and repented so Allah SWT forgave him and on the contrary Shaitan did not feel sorry neither he repented but in fact he rebelled and showed arrogance and TAKABBUR which made him the CURSED ONE. So sister repent and move on with life for Allah is opt-forgiving.

And your Lord hath said: Pray unto Me and I will hear your prayer.
(Al-Ghafir)

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
(Az-Zumar)

There is also this Hadith-e-Qudsi,
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari)
So, sister never give up on the mercy of Allah SWT he will forgive you, inshaAllah.

visionusman

being content

This whole forgivness thing is a difficult thing. Although you have to ask for forgivness, I have always found it more difficult to forgive myself for what I have done. I think when you manage to forgive yourself, that is when you will be able to move on and get on with life. I also find it the key for feeling that Allah has forgiven me, whether he has or not i another question, but if I ask, why shoud he not forgive me??????

Don't dwell on it, It has happened. Move on, although it is difficult. Dont let the past eat you up, been there and its not good.

As muslims we should try not to sin, but allah did not make us perfect and knew we were going to sin anyway, so we cannot be perfect. Although you must remember that you are trying to get to jannah and ideally the fewer sins we commit, the easier it may be, this may not be the case. Allah tests us in all sorts of ways. Just think of the reward you are getting for trying to struggle against what has happened. Think of the reward you will gain for repenting to allah in tht extra ibadah!!

I know some people work by thinking oh look how much I have done bad...... etcetcetc.

But there is a flip side, as I say to all my students in their exms, your here to gain point not loose them. If you are feeling really down, think about all the good deeds you have done today. It may be a little thing o you but the reward may be greater than you ever imagined.

I find trying to be positive helps me get though. I guaranetee the good things you have done today, yesterday are many, we make mistakes, look on the brighter side, getout and stop feeling bad about yourself.

:wasalam: :)
jazakallah for this insightful message. I'm glad u wrote it as it helped me a lot. Just one thing I'd like to say too. The Prophet SAW said that if the people of this world stopped sinning then Allah SWT will replace them with another nation who would sin and then ask Allah for forgiveness. If you ask forgiveness sincerely from Allah then He always forgives. In fact Allah says that you should be convinced that you have been forgiven. Don't say that forgive me if you so will. Rather say please forgive me my Lord and be certain that He, the merciful has forgiven you.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
sister do not worry about forgiving yourself. worry about the forgiveness of Allah swt, for he is the most forgiving most merciful. he has the power to forgive sins. you repent make a firm commitment to Allah swt and live a life pleasing to him. you have nothing to worry about if you come to him with a sincere heart.

salaam