CBC interview. unveiling the muslim women-worth watching

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
VIDEO

IT WAS A GOOD VIDEO. I DONT THINK ANYONE SHOULD JUDGE ANYONE.NO-ONE IS TALKING ABOUT EVERYDAY LIFE. THE ISSUE IS SOLELY ON NIQAB AND HIJAB. NO-ONE SHOULD HAVE TO MODERNIZE ISLAM.EVERYTHING HAS BEEN WRITTEN. EITHER YOU CAN DENIE IT OR ACCEPT IT.IF A WOMAN DOES NOT EVEN WEAR HIJAB,ITS NOT A BAD THING AT ALL--MAY ALLAH ALSO GIVE THEM COURAGE AS WELL BECAUSE IT IS A BLESSING SISTERS. I JUST STARTED AND ITS GREAT REALLY. TRY IT JUST ONCE AND IT MIGHT JUST PULL U IN:blackhijab:

abdul1601

comment on hijab

wonderful debate may allah guide sonia khan - ameen. wat she argues are rediculous and more materialist. c wants to forget allah just bcoz she lives in canada or western countries. and explanation of hijab in quran is clearly described by prophet (peace be upon him) very clearly.

how do v send these clip to friends..?

*removed*

:salam2:

[vg]-1950353507655248547&q[/vg]

a CBC interview regarding the veil and hijab..interview of three muslim women,non-hijabi,hijabi,and niqabi...worth watching.

:wasalam:

justoneofmillion

:salam2:i think the title is quite unnappropriate though they could have left the word game to themselves don t like it is my opinion why not then veiling the kaffir woman as a sequel lol inshallah soon now that would be a report as a change for once

jameel

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
what is up with the Sonia Khan lady...jeez...(ruining the name of Khan)she has issues....i do not wear a hijab but i totally agree with the fact that women are suppose to wear it...it does say in the quran...that a woman is suppose to cover her head....the lady in the middle needs some education!!
i don't want to be rude but a lot of Pakistanis who are fashionable and they do what they want but there are also Pakistanis that do wht they have to do to cover themselves

Thor

Walaikum salaam,

What video are you talking about sister. I am new here, so ignore my ignorance.

I am deaf and wondering does anyone know how to put subtitles or captions on the video? So i'll know what they are saying. or someone cld give me the summary of what is going on and the summaries of what each woman are saying please? Thank you

cmelbouzaidi

Very interesting vide, Jazak Allahu Khair, thanks for sharing. If we were to take votes on who won the "debate" I would say the niqabi or hijabi sisters did. However, I used to feel like Sonia myself in that covering the hair is not mentioned specifically in the Qur'an
but it is easy to use this as an excuse and ignore the sunnah. Anyway, only Allah knows why we do the things we do and He is the final Judge.

Actually, contrary to what Sonia said, for me it is easier since I started wearing hijab to integrate into society and I have a more active role than ever. It is only a barrier for the most closed-minded of people. I hope this will be the same when I move to Paris shortly, Insha Allah.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Very good video. My sister in the middle is clueless. It clearly states in Quran women should draw their veils. Obviously she doesnt know the definition of veil which means head covering. Come on it is one thing not to wear it and say that you should but it is another thing to just say it is not in Quran. But anyways the last sister with niqab spoke well and the other sister Sumayyah did too. But I think they were both shocked theirselves by Sonia's remarks. Inshallah Allah let Sonia see the truth for what it is.

I wish one of the sisters would have asked why do nuns cover or ask why Christain biblical movies show women with veils. I would love to hear the host answer that!

Salam
Amirah80

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Very interesting vide, Jazak Allahu Khair, thanks for sharing. If we were to take votes on who won the "debate" I would say the niqabi or hijabi sisters did. However, I used to feel like Sonia myself in that covering the hair is not mentioned specifically in the Qur'an
but it is easy to use this as an excuse and ignore the sunnah. Anyway, only Allah knows why we do the things we do and He is the final Judge.

Actually, contrary to what Sonia said, for me it is easier since I started wearing hijab to integrate into society and I have a more active role than ever. It is only a barrier for the most closed-minded of people. I hope this will be the same when I move to Paris shortly, Insha Allah.

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Actually sister that perception is incorrect. The Qur'aan clearly mentions the covering of the head; all you have to do is read the `Arabic and the meaning becomes (more) obvious. The Pakistani sister is clearly ignorant of the wording of the aayaat pertaining the Muslim women's dress. The lexicon used in the verses (bikhumurihinna; comes from the word khimaar, the "veil" that is drawn down from the head to cover the chest! The word is also used in place of hijaab or scarf) make the meaning pretty clear, the real differing is over whether the niqaab is an obligation or not.

ousama34

5 X SALAH = JANAT
salam

i m a pakistani and i feel so sorry for the women in the middle. whteve a muslim do is for the solenly sake of ALLAH to please the ALMIGHTY but tht women things covering up urself is barrier between u and the other mankind some one ask her if it doesnt say in the QURAN to wear hijaab to you do wht says in THE QURAN. these non-muslims by making these kinda videos are trying to show the world tht muslims conflict in their belief thus tryin to make ppl run away frm ISLAM they will never show life of ppl reverting to ISlAM or anythin encouraging for muslims
anyway MAY ALLAH HELP AND GUIDE ALL OF US.