CBC interview. unveiling the muslim women-worth watching

sammuslimah

mashallah to the two sister that were covering may Allah reward them and as for the third sister did she have to she have to come on tv to say silly things like that i mean couldint she just stay at home or something it really pisses me off when i see sisters like that ignorant who does she think she is coming on tv saying we should unveil shame on her i am just glad i was not one of the ather sister i might have swinged her on or something lol

harun

May Allah (swt) reward the 2 veiled sisters and give rahma to the one sister without an veil:-(

apocalypse77

another one of those "oh shes a muslim woman who doesnt wear hijab and shes going to hell for this" eh?

well what can i say? i personally beleive these women are not exactly fit to be ask questions anyway..the the women in veil doesnt even realise veil is just a sunnah

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
mashallah to the two sister that were covering may Allah reward them and as for the third sister did she have to she have to come on tv to say silly things like that i mean couldint she just stay at home or something it really pisses me off when i see sisters like that ignorant who does she think she is coming on tv saying we should unveil shame on her i am just glad i was not one of the ather sister i might have swinged her on or something lol

:salam2:
I definately do not have the same views as the sister in the middle, but I don't wear hijab, and it really saddens me to see people's hostile reaction to women without hijab on. May Allah (SWT) guide us all and take away our judegments and awful sterotypes ameen.

DOC_BRO

Alhumdolilah two sisters in hijab/veil MashaAllah great to see such a firm belief. As for the paki sister in knew she would say that...may Allah show her the straight path.But am really sorry that she argues abt the ayats in Al-quran abt lowering gaze, she is blinded by the shaitan or she is molded into modernization... She shouldnt have argued without proper information if she doesnt wear it thats up to her but to argue that its no where in Islam to cover that too sad to hear.
(Allah knows the best)

Apocalypse77
"another one of those "oh shes a muslim woman who doesnt wear hijab and shes going to hell for this" eh?

well what can i say? i personally beleive these women are not exactly fit to be ask questions anyway..the the women in veil doesnt even realise veil is just a sunnah"

AND

Jabba
I definately do not have the same views as the sister in the middle, but I don't wear hijab, and it really saddens me to see people's hostile reaction to women without hijab on. May Allah (SWT) guide us all and take away our judegments and awful sterotypes ameen.

Its not anyone against a women not wearing hijab, Hijab is mandatory but cant be forced and i dont clearly knw abt veil but i guess it is Sunnah and if a woman is not wearing hijab dosent mean she i bad or evil
But what the point is that for eg: lets say if we do something wrong at our work and our boss or supervisor asks us why/what n we admit our mistake and say yes I am sorry its my mistake n so on and assure not to reapeat it RIGHT??? we dont argue with our bosses at work that oh the protocol doesnt say that or the rules dont have clause on that etc.coz we knw v r gonna get fired or suspended and its better to admit our mistake if v are at fault coz the matter could get streached out, right?
so why is it when it comes to Islam we blame everything or find excuses in the religion oh it doesnt say in quran, it doesnt say in hadith...why??? instead to admit that yes its me who is doing wrong, its me who doesnt understand or follow the rules and not my religion.
what my point here is that sister without hijab should have or could have admitted that it my choice that i am not wearing , instead of blaming and asking where is it written ??? I mean u see sister thats a difference and I am not saying or pointing to one person women or men it goes generally including me.

May Allah bestow his mercy upon us InshaAllah

Allah O AKBAR...

The most wonderfull heart, is the heart that fear Allah.
The most beautiful words are The Words of Allah.
The Purest love is The Love for Allah.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Jabba

Its not anyone against a women not wearing hijab, Hijab is mandatory but cant be forced and i dont clearly knw abt veil but i guess it is Sunnah and if a woman is not wearing hijab dosent mean she i bad or evil
But what the point is that for eg: lets say if we do something wrong at our work and our boss or supervisor asks us why/what n we admit our mistake and say yes I am sorry its my mistake n so on and assure not to reapeat it RIGHT??? we dont argue with our bosses at work that oh the protocol doesnt say that or the rules dont have clause on that etc.coz we knw v r gonna get fired or suspended and its better to admit our mistake if v are at fault coz the matter could get streached out, right?
so why is it when it comes to Islam we blame everything or find excuses in the religion oh it doesnt say in quran, it doesnt say in hadith...why??? instead to admit that yes its me who is doing wrong, its me who doesnt understand or follow the rules and not my religion.
what my point here is that sister without hijab should have or could have admitted that it my choice that i am not wearing , instead of blaming and asking where is it written ??? I mean u see sister thats a difference and I am not saying or pointing to one person women or men it goes generally including me.

May Allah bestow his mercy upon us InshaAllah

Allah O AKBAR...

Salam Alaikum Brother
I understand yourpoints but you are a brother so I don't think you could ever truly understand my struggle with hijab. I am not making excuses, I know if I wore hijab people would see me as a practising muslim. I know and agree that hijab is fard. Everyone has a last step or goal in becoming a better muslim/ah, for some people it's praying 5 x's a day, others it's eating halal food ect. For me it's hijab........

loveislam1

Asaalam Alikoum sister
I know and agree that hijab is fard.
And that is the difference between you and the sister in the video who despite all of the islamic proofs still refuses to aknowedge that hijab is fard. It is one thing to chose not to follow or obey the orders of allah subhana wa ta;ala it is very much a different story to try to change HIS orders to suit her.
I hope it is merely due to ignorance and not her arrogance and inshallah she will be guided

I hope you too dear sister one day decide to adorn the hijab, despite any adversities that you will endure, ALLAH subhana wa t'ala never gives more than we can bear, and I pray that ALLAH makes it easy for you sister.

DOC_BRO

Salam Alaikum Brother
I understand yourpoints but you are a brother so I don't think you could ever truly understand my struggle with hijab. I am not making excuses, I know if I wore hijab people would see me as a practising muslim. I know and agree that hijab is fard. Everyone has a last step or goal in becoming a better muslim/ah, for some people it's praying 5 x's a day, others it's eating halal food ect. For me it's hijab........

:wasalam:
InshaAllah sister Allah will surely guide u and fulfill all the righteous wishes InshaAllah and our prayers goes out for all the muslims brothers and sister struggling daily to practice Islam in the best way, May Allah guide us all and makes our task easier.Ur on the right path & one day u will surely find urself most complete InshaAllah.
Dont worry sister my wife had the same problem infact let me tell u the truth she wanted to wear hijab but nauzobillah i was the one who didnt motivate her because i didnt wanted her to be discriminated n afraid of that but she always fought with me :( for that but Alhumdolilah she had a stong belief that she has to wear it and I left it on her own I said u have to decided i wont force it to u do it whenever u like to and she does wear now infact to tell u the truth that now tht she is wearing hijab there are lot of ppl curious at her work n askher question and once she had dropped her hijab pin somewhere and u knw what her boss came up to her and said that i think mam this should be urs and handed it to her... u knw i felt that i was so stupid not to encourage her to wear it i was afraid of ppl and not Allah but now MashaAllah it seems so true that if we seek the right path Allah does guide onto it.
So dnt worry sister Allah will also make ur task more easy and u wont even realise that once u had such difficulty InshaAllah AAMEEN.

My duas for everybody

The Purest love is The Love for Allah

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:ma: it was worth watching!! Sister in the middle needs to read more, The quran does not change and will not change to fit our own whims and desires,:astag: Allah has told us to cover for our own protection against all the evil that is out there, its a blessing, Alhamdullilah!!

kayleigh

Very interesting. I loved it.

The only part I don't like with is that some statements made makes it sound like non-hijabis are not honorable. Maybe I'm just imagining it because that's an opinion I've seen so often.

I agree with what the non-hijabi on some things she said, but I'll leave it at that.

Even if you think she's wrong in every word that comes out of her mouth, I think some people here should be ashamed for how they've judged and bashed the sister in the middle.

I love all three sisters in the video and I enjoyed hearing what all of them had to say. Some of you are making judgments on the middle one, questioning her knowledge on Islam based on ONE subject. For all you know, she has in depth knowledge of a lot of other things to do with Islam. Even if she doesn't, you don't know how strong her faith is. I think her "missionary at heart" statement suggests that she has a lot of faith. Heck, she might even have stronger faith than some women who wear hijab - but we don't know that at all. ONLY Allah knows, and ONLY Allah can judge her. Not any of us, so none of us should be saying some of the things that have been said about her.

I would have liked to see a convert hijabi in it - someone who choose to wear the hijab instead of being trained to do it since before she could remember. I think that would reach people more, since the convert probably lived and experienced life without hijab and would have something to compare the "hijabed" life to.

kayleigh

I wish for once the western media would actually interview a knowledgeable scholar of Islaam, like Sheikh al-Fawzaan, or Sheikh al-Madkhalee, or so on. I don't know if they can speak English, though.

Assaalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmaatullaahi wa baraakaatuh.

That would be interesting but I don't think it would be as helpful. Or rather, I don't think interviewing regular Muslims is harmful.

People in the West aren't going to be dealing with real, accurate, perfectly practiced Islam 99.9% of the time, or ever. What people in the West will deal with are normal, regular, practicing Muslims, not scholars with extensive knowledge. If you want to convert them, show them a scholar (maybe). If you want to educate the ignorant masses on something they know nothing about but are going to have to deal more with in their own towns and cities, show them regular, average, Muslims. And that's what these women are - average, normal Muslims. And I think the bigger purpose for programs like these are just to educate the masses and maybe make them not as judgmental of Islam in the future. Women like this are accessible and people can relate to them, which is why they'll listen to them more.

DOC_BRO

Very interesting. I loved it.

The only part I don't like with is that some statements made makes it sound like non-hijabis are not honorable. Maybe I'm just imagining it because that's an opinion I've seen so often.

I agree with what the non-hijabi on some things she said, but I'll leave it at that.

Even if you think she's wrong in every word that comes out of her mouth, I think some people here should be ashamed for how they've judged and bashed the sister in the middle.

I love all three sisters in the video and I enjoyed hearing what all of them had to say. Some of you are making judgments on the middle one, questioning her knowledge on Islam based on ONE subject. For all you know, she has in depth knowledge of a lot of other things to do with Islam. Even if she doesn't, you don't know how strong her faith is. I think her "missionary at heart" statement suggests that she has a lot of faith. Heck, she might even have stronger faith than some women who wear hijab - but we don't know that at all. ONLY Allah knows, and ONLY Allah can judge her. Not any of us, so none of us should be saying some of the things that have been said about her.

I would have liked to see a convert hijabi in it - someone who choose to wear the hijab instead of being trained to do it since before she could remember. I think that would reach people more, since the convert probably lived and experienced life without hijab and would have something to compare the "hijabed" life to.

No one says non-hijabis are not honourable the thing is of accepting the truth " if she said that ya i opted not to wear than its ok but why did she question quran or hadith when Allah has showed us and told us clearly then why find a chance or and excuse...??? do we do that with other worldly thing no??? then why when it comes to religion we do it??? lot of my cousin sisters dont wear hijab but they are very good practicing muslims, but on the other hand they dont deny the fact that its ordered by Allah. Thats the main point. No one is bashing the sister but her thoughts are very personal not Islamic that is what she should have cleared out.N yes ur right that she might have a good Imaan compared to others, agree.

I think u smartly edited ur post as u too stated tht u agree with her that "where in the quran its written or hadith says that hijab is mandatory n something else, right???
but thats ignorance if we see the signs and infact revealed to us clearly but still we turn our blind eye...& should be ashmed of that too...
And it doesnt goes for women but for all men n women whereevery it may imply so pls dont make it a feminist issue is general not related to gender we all are sinners.
Pls we cant have r own thoughts when it comes to Islam because its period no change if we like it or not. and this forum is not like other common forums that we may speak out our mind we have to obey the rules. U may sympathise with that sister if u share the sam thought no problem and so do we nothing personal against her its just simply to keep Islam word away from what doesnt fall into it.

Sorry if my words were rude it just i wanted to clear the doubts. btw Allah knows the best

kayleigh

No one says non-hijabis are not honourable the thing is of accepting the truth " if she said that ya i opted not to wear than its ok but why did she question quran or hadith when Allah has showed us and told us clearly then why find a chance or and excuse...??? do we do that with other worldly thing no??? then why when it comes to religion we do it??? lot of my cousin sisters dont wear hijab but they are very good practicing muslims, but on the other hand they dont deny the fact that its ordered by Allah. Thats the main point. No one is bashing the sister but her thoughts are very personal not Islamic that is what she should have cleared out.N yes ur right that she might have a good Imaan compared to others, agree.

I think u smartly edited ur post as u too stated tht u agree with her that "where in the quran its written or hadith says that hijab is mandatory n something else, right???
but thats ignorance if we see the signs and infact revealed to us clearly but still we turn our blind eye...& should be ashmed of that too...
And it doesnt goes for women but for all men n women whereevery it may imply so pls dont make it a feminist issue is general not related to gender we all are sinners.
Pls we cant have r own thoughts when it comes to Islam because its period no change if we like it or not. and this forum is not like other common forums that we may speak out our mind we have to obey the rules. U may sympathise with that sister if u share the sam thought no problem and so do we nothing personal against her its just simply to keep Islam word away from what doesnt fall into it.

Sorry if my words were rude it just i wanted to clear the doubts. btw Allah knows the best

Why can't she question Qur'an? She's not questioning the authority of it, or whether or not its the word of Allah, she's questioning whether or not it's clear and specific pertaining to the issue of hijab. There's a huge difference.

She's voicing her opinions. She has a right to do that, even if you think she's right or wrong.

The problem is, I don't see it as revealed clearly at all in the Qur'an. I didn't question hadiths in my statements before I edited, and I don't now. Furthermore, the sister in the video didn't question hadith - she questioned the clarity of the Qur'an.

Not once have I even alluded to this having anything to do with feminism. I have never once stated that women shouldn't wear hijab. I have said that in certain situations, the niqab can be a barrier when dealing with certain people, but in the same sentence I made it quite clear that all women should have the right to wear the hijab and niqab. However, the issue of wearing a hijab is gender related simply because it's women and only women who wear the scarf. I am quite aware that men also have a dress code, but they don't wear scarves, which is what makes this different and specific to women.

I don't see at all how I'm not obeying the rules. First off, this is the News and Current affairs section of the forum, which is where, generally, people are free to give their thoughts on a certain topic. Pretty much everyone else has voiced their opinion - sometimes in a very harsh, and rude way pertaining to the middle sister. So why can't I tell you my opinion? Because it's different than yours? I am not telling people that they shouldn't wear hijab, nor am I telling people that it's not in the Qur'an. I have tried to make it clear through all my statements that I think it is unclear in the Qur'an, and that I personally don't find that part of the Qur'an to be absolutely clear in the English translations that I have read. I have also tried to make it clear that it is clear in the hadith. If I am somehow failing at getting this point across, I apologize, and hopefully people can understand now.

The main point that I was trying to get across is that people making rude comments and bashing her because of her personal choice and because of her opinion, whether right or wrong, should stop because a) it's just not something you should do, especially to a sister and, b) our judgments don't matter. Only Allah's judgment matters, and only Allah can pass final judgment on her, so there's no point in making ourselves look bad by lashing out at her.

DOC_BRO

Why can't she question Qur'an? She's not questioning the authority of it, or whether or not its the word of Allah, she's questioning whether or not it's clear and specific pertaining to the issue of hijab. There's a huge difference.

She's voicing her opinions. She has a right to do that, even if you think she's right or wrong.

The problem is, I don't see it as revealed clearly at all in the Qur'an. I didn't question hadiths in my statements before I edited, and I don't now. Furthermore, the sister in the video didn't question hadith - she questioned the clarity of the Qur'an.

Not once have I even alluded to this having anything to do with feminism. I have never once stated that women shouldn't wear hijab. I have said that in certain situations, the niqab can be a barrier when dealing with certain people, but in the same sentence I made it quite clear that all women should have the right to wear the hijab and niqab. However, the issue of wearing a hijab is gender related simply because it's women and only women who wear the scarf. I am quite aware that men also have a dress code, but they don't wear scarves, which is what makes this different and specific to women.

I don't see at all how I'm not obeying the rules. First off, this is the News and Current affairs section of the forum, which is where, generally, people are free to give their thoughts on a certain topic. Pretty much everyone else has voiced their opinion - sometimes in a very harsh, and rude way pertaining to the middle sister. So why can't I tell you my opinion? Because it's different than yours? I am not telling people that they shouldn't wear hijab, nor am I telling people that it's not in the Qur'an. I have tried to make it clear through all my statements that I think it is unclear in the Qur'an, and that I personally don't find that part of the Qur'an to be absolutely clear in the English translations that I have read. I have also tried to make it clear that it is clear in the hadith. If I am somehow failing at getting this point across, I apologize, and hopefully people can understand now.

The main point that I was trying to get across is that people making rude comments and bashing her because of her personal choice and because of her opinion, whether right or wrong, should stop because a) it's just not something you should do, especially to a sister and, b) our judgments don't matter. Only Allah's judgment matters, and only Allah can pass final judgment on her, so there's no point in making ourselves look bad by lashing out at her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are lot of fact and proof.....yet if we dont accept it that its our fault and when its word of god then why do we have to question? even if we know the fact? its like doubting. If she had question abt it she could have searched for it.We can question, but untill we see the explanation.yet if we keep on doing than its like " we take what we like and leave what we dont like, upon our conveniences"

---------------------------------------------------------
Islam uplifted the status of women and granted them their just rights 1400 years ago. Islam expects women to maintain their status.

Hijaab for men
People usually only discuss ‘hijaab’ in the context of women. However, in the Glorious Qur’an, Allah (swt) first mentions ‘hijaab’ for men before ‘hijaab’ for the women. The Qur’an mentions in Surah Noor:

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do."
[Al-Qur’an 24:30]

The moment a man looks at a woman and if any brazen or unashamed thought comes to his mind, he should lower his gaze.

Hijaab for women.

The next verse of Surah Noor, says:

" And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons..."
[Al-Qur’an 24:31]

3. Six criteria for Hijaab.

According to Qur’an and Sunnah there are basically six criteria for observing hijaab:

Extent:

1-The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of ‘hijaab’.

All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.

2-The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

3-The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.

4-The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.

5-The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.

6-The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers’ religions.

Hijaab includes conduct and behaviour among other things

Complete ‘hijaab’, besides the six criteria of clothing, also includes the moral conduct, behaviour, attitude and intention of the individual. A person only fulfilling the criteria of ‘hijaab’ of the clothes is observing ‘hijaab’ in a limited sense. ‘Hijaab’ of the clothes should be accompanied by ‘hijaab’ of the eyes, ‘hijaab’ of the heart, ‘hijaab’ of thought and ‘hijaab’ of intention. It also includes the way a person walks, the way a person talks, the way he behaves, etc.

Hijaab prevents molestation

The reason why Hijaab is prescribed for women is mentioned in the Qur’an in the following verses of Surah Al-Ahzab:

"O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad); that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
[Al-Qur’an 33:59]

The Qur’an says that Hijaab has been prescribed for the women so that they are recognized as modest women and this will also prevent them from being molested.

This is taken from Dr. Zakir Naik website www.irf.net he is a very very great scholar whom Ahmad Deedat gave a special degree of "Ahmed Deedat Plus".

kayleigh

Again, I am not doubting that the Qur'an is the word of Allah. I am stating that this part is not clear. Just because I don't see it as clear in the Qur'an does not mean I am doubting the word of Allah. I'm only saying I do not find it as clear as a lot of people say it is. I have read those verses countless times and they're not going to change or get any clearer to me at this point in time, or ever - only Allah knows if they will become clear or not at some point. I'm sorry if you take issue with this, but I don't really see why you might since I've said twice that I do think the hadith on it are clear. I don't see how I'm rejecting anything because I find it inconvenient, because I have never stated that hijab shouldn't be worn.

Neither Naik or Deedat are official Islamic scholars, but it doesn't much matter if they're actual Islamic scholars or not since all Islamic scholars are unanimous on this subject and would agree with Naik on it.

I ask that you please not turn this into a debate on whether or not hijab should be worn, since I have never stated that it shouldn't be. Also, please do not make this about trying to convince me to wear hijab. That is my personal choice and if I wear it, I will wear it when I feel I am ready to. Nothing anyone posts here is going to change that fact.

Again, the main point is: It is wrong for anyone to bash the sister and make rude and harsh comments about her. I'm not saying everyone has, I'm saying some people have. There's a different between disagreeing with her and attacking her.

DOC_BRO

Asalam O Alaikum,

Sister i am not wanting to convince u to wear hijab, thats not my job or intention. As I said earlier its mandatory but cant be forced and should be left on the persons willingness.I also strongly believe in it, and always say that everything should be done to please Allah.
Hence I never asked my sister to wear it nor my wife they chose on their own will, which is very satisfying instead of forcing the fear to wear.
What I wanted to make clear is that as u say that ur not against wearing hijab MashaAllah, the same way the other sister in the video could have stated that, but instead she told that if we wear than we become "stereotypes and doesnt help out in integrating etc. If she would have thought tht the reason she was brought in the programme is to show the differences between muslim n how they are divided. By figuring that for the sake of unity and brotherhood she should have withheld her personal thought and said what would be helpful for the unity of muslims and that would have raised her respect more in front of Allah and everybody. But yet she choose the constitutional right "the right for freedom of speech". But verily Allah helps those who help themselves and thats true for all of us.

Sorry if it sound like a debate but I donot agree with the sisters statement as I find it very personal and ignorant of what Islam teaches and so did others. And its just those particular statements ONLY dont hate her for that nothing such. But will always be ready to debate with her not to win,convince or loose but just to make her know that no matter how many differences we might have but in front of others we should be united and thats what we muslims lack today. Its like people in one house have differences and fight withing but when some outsider comes they stand shoulder to shoulder to face the challenge regardless of their differences and grudges.

I always stated the word "WE" in all my sentences as I was speaking about all of us muslims in general that we all are the same. I deeply apologise if I had hurt u personaly.
I seek repentance from Almighty Allah from whatever I have done wrong and ask him to forgive me for my mistakes past and present and beg him to show us all the right path InshaAllah...Aameen.

Ma'Salam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salam

wow...that niqaabi sister is just the BEST....:)

the lady in the middle doesnt really get it :rolleyes:

anyway..great vid, jzk for posting.

wasalam

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
They all lacked of full knowledge. Even though the hijab and nikab sisters did make some good points, but in my view I think it wasn't effective, nor informative enough. We all should have good knowledge about Islam.
I 100% don't Agree with the middle sister that we should change because the world has changed.
The world should chnge back to what we was supposed to do originally, not the other way around.
Allah doesn't change people conditions we do.
Proud to be a Muslim.:hijabi:

Short term suffer for long time peace!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam
I agree with sister Kayleigh with the fact that I too am pretty disappointed with everyones reaction to this. We are so quick to judge and condem based on a 10 min video. We have no idea what kind of sisters these women are out in their everyday life. How do we know the "niqabi sister is the best" or that "the Sister in the middle needs to read more" ??? These are assumptions that have gone way too far. Only Allah (SWT) knows whose a pious Muslim and who isn't. Only Allah (SWT) knows why we cover (social, parents influence or the best reason, for God (SWT) ) Where does it say in the Quran we have the right to judge? the fact is it doesn't and for some reason some Muslims have taken it upon themselves to judge others :astag: