Central African Republic: Ethnic cleansing and sectarian killings

Precious Star

What is the Illuminati? A lot of people bring that up. You know there are some Middle Eastern Muslim owned media outlets that report the same news stories that Western outlets report. Or should we not believe in them either. Should we as Muslims live in our own little worlds and make an excuse for our wrongs using silly conspiracies. Why are we so scared to face our problems head on?

As for the violence in Central Africa, May Allah help the poor Muslims being slaughtered. WHy is no one helping them? The Royal Saudi family lives in Marble mansions while the poor of Africa are crawling in mud and blood.

I think you've hit the nail on the head in both paragraphs. I don't know why muslims are so reluctant to accept this and instead just point the finger to the big bad media.

This is the reality in the 21st century: The media does more than report. They film, take videos, take pictures, interview people. Yes, many times it is biased. But, many times the videos say what words cannot. And we are not doing a service to either Islam or our fellow muslims by turning a blind eye.

There was a story a few years ago of an Afghan family that murdered their 3 daughters and a co-wife who lived with the family (the co-wife was not the mother of the girls). They drowned all 4 women. Why? Because they were wearing western clothing, had western friends, one girl wanted to marry someone the family though unsuitable (he was muslim), the youngest daughter complained to her school principal that she was being abused, etc. So the response by the parents? Murder. The parents and the oldest brother went to jail. There was wiretap audio evidence where the father said the girls shamed the family.

Yeah, some "imams" made a few token comments to the media about how murder was not an Islamic response. But, the family was connected to the community and while the girls were alive the community did nothing - they did not tell the parents that they were too harsh with the girls, that they were treating the co-wife badly, that in the west they have to help their children integrate successfully rather than punish them for every "non-Afghan" thing they did. The entire incident was preventable.

Anyway, I'm just giving you an example of one instance where the Islamic community was passive and it backfired big-time. Of course, on an international scale this passivity is far more sinister.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
What are all Muslims supposed to do about a family's tragedy? Please tell me. We live in an environment where people hardly have time to visit each other. We cannot know or even have an idea of what is going on inside the house and walls of others. You make it seem like the Muslim people in that neighborhood were witnesses who never did a thing. I live an apartment complex where there are other Muslim families. We hardly say salaam to each other because they are busy with work, school etc and same thing for my family. Its really hard for me to know what is going on in their lives. If tomorrow, Allah forbid, something horrible happens...why would I or the other Muslim neighbors deserve to blamed? Just because we share a religion? Sister that's false accusing people.

As for the media, they never ever tell you the whole story. Never. They have a way of exaggerating things and making it about religion when it has nothing to do with religion. They will write and report whatever they want without really investigating. Just the other day there was an article on Yahoo titles, "Now Muslim Parents Have a Problem with Easter Eggs." Or something close to that. In the article they quoted one man, one Muslim dad who was talking about his own opinion. He said nothing about Islam or Muslims, yet some how ALL muslim parents were the target of that article. Some days later, they published another article saying "it was only in fact one person who voiced opinion about fliers." No they can't correct the damage they did. Muslims, Islam and Allah were all disrespected by the readers and we're being called all sort of names.

If you are telling me there's not exageration, lies and accusations in the media when it comes to Muslims I'm sorry but you must be ignoring everything around you. Because there hundreds of Muslim men in jails and some Muslim women too for nothing. And for some Muslims to put the blame on us, that's just not fair. I have never done anything wrong and never want to do anything to hurt even a fly. So I really don't appreciate titles that say, Muslim Parents, or Muslim Women etc. If it's one person who feels a certain way...make it about that person and not an entire population. That's my problem with the media.

Last edited:

MeadowDust

There is truth to both sides. Yes the media does misrepresent Islam in terms of jihad, making Muslims seem violent when all they want is to be allowed to live in peace. However there are some Muslims who use Islam to kill others, which is so sad how they could misinterpret the religion. And it is also true that when a Muslim does something it is used with the word Islam but when done by a person from other religion, no such thing as religion is mentioned. Whether they put the word Islam because they want to make us seem bad, or they use it because the Muslim who killed others did it in the name of Islam, we can't be sure. Many media interpret it in different ways, and to their own advantage.

But still in obvious cases where communities of Muslims are defending themselves under oppression, some media do report them as terrorists. And not the other way around such as 'Muslims are being attacked and oppressed in .....' And if you go to some authentic Islamic news channels and websites, you will be surprised that the story is different and not what the media had originally reported.

To_Allah_i_belong

Well as for Illuminati watch this series called "The arrivals" you will all understand my point and the reality of media. Wallah it is very helpful, try watching it. It's on youtube or you can easily download from kickass. It's just 51 episodes of almost 9minutes each. Believe me after watching it your way of viewing things will change.
I am not saying we should not believe the media nor am i talking on behalf of every muslim who does wrong. There muslims who do wrong, who sins, just like you people have given some few examples above. But as my sister Um Ibrahim have said i agree with her.
My point is they use media as a tool to get into our subconscious. The event that happened in 9/11, the crash at the World Trade Center; muslims were blamed so bad. And when i say muslims i mean the whole entire muslim society. They where all accused to be terrorists. There are people that are scared of us, when they see a woman with hijab or a man with beard directly it clicks in their mind 'terrorist'. What is the tool being used to give such an attitude? Now do you really think muslims were behind what happened in New York in 9/11?
The invasion in most muslim countries, are we to blame muslims? Do not tell me that war happening in these muslim countries, one after another, is a simple coincidence! Let's not be blind. These people are after something! Now with the opinion that most people have about muslims today, they are well placed to be blamed upon anything. Guilty or not they have no word, no one will trust them. All that, clap to media. Not only through news, even movies, series. You guys have watched the series 24? Have you seen the picture of muslims and arabs given there? Well that gets into our subconscious, it does affect us. We start believing into this things unwillingly. Now when a country is to attack a muslim country, no one says anything because they have been brainwashed and given reasons by the media. Guys do you really think all these muslim countries that have known war or are still in war are guilty of something to deserve what they are being through?
I left many question marks there for you to search for the truth in deep and answer yourselves. Do not just accept everything that is being disposed to you. Most of the answers, if not all, are in that series 'The arrivals'. You will enjoy it. Salam.