Chocolate

Sara_H

:salam2: brothers and sisters
I have a question for you all (but mainly chocolate lovers), i think this might only apply to people in the UK, but here goes. I like chocolate....(most sisters probably agree)...and i was disappointed to hear that masterfoods, the company that makes most chocolates e.g. twix, mars and my favorite bountie (mmmm) were going to add animal products. This was on the news a few months back, anyway there was an outcry amongst mainly our veggie friends (the only people besides us that dont like animal products). Thankfully the company decided not to add animal rennet (yuk) or whatever is was. However, the other day and a sister told me that the bars in the shops may already have the animal products in them.......but i thought that they decided not to add any in the first place!!:confused:

Im sorry about ranting on about chocolate when theres more important isssues but its important to me! Can anyone please shed any light on this matter, i havent had choclate in aaaaages and im getting grumpy! :girl3:

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

You better contact the company yourself..don't rely on others. Also other people do care about animal ingredients like jews, hindus and buddhists.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa'alaykum salaam

Someone mentioned chocolate hehe...

I love chocs i cant live witout it lol.. but im more of a cadbury person. Best choc u can get :wink:

regarding the other company (masterfoods) i do rememba them saying at the time they have sent a batch out, so they cudnt do anything with that one. After that batch they had stopped using animal rennet. So i guess its upto ppl to check the ingredients before they buy to make sure.

wsalaam

LeylaHussain

:salam2:

Yes, we can't eat the mars, snickers, bounty and others from this factory u have quoted.
They said it in a local masjid in Sheffield.
I am like you and I was very much disappointed when I heard these news.
But you still can buy kitkat, which are also very good...

:wasalam: :hijabi:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
Yes I heard many times that they add animal fat to chocolate ,chips ,cookies,many products...
when u look at the peckage u will see the little 2 letters KD or UD ,pay attention ,those letters mean that its halal....there is no animal fat.
even on some milk products,u have to look for that sign .Someone told me that...
salam

umm hussain

:salam2: brothers and sisters
I have a question for you all (but mainly chocolate lovers), i think this might only apply to people in the UK, but here goes. I like chocolate....(most sisters probably agree)...and i was disappointed to hear that masterfoods, the company that makes most chocolates e.g. twix, mars and my favorite bountie (mmmm) were going to add animal products. This was on the news a few months back, anyway there was an outcry amongst mainly our veggie friends (the only people besides us that dont like animal products). Thankfully the company decided not to add animal rennet (yuk) or whatever is was. However, the other day and a sister told me that the bars in the shops may already have the animal products in them.......but i thought that they decided not to add any in the first place!!:confused:

Im sorry about ranting on about chocolate when theres more important isssues but its important to me! Can anyone please shed any light on this matter, i havent had choclate in aaaaages and im getting grumpy! :girl3:

Walaikum salam warahmatullah

Just a correction, I would say as Muslims we do like animal products but just not the ones they use because they are not halal.

Anyway Mars bars, twix etc are suitable for veggies again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6673549.stm
and

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=all&edition=d&q=MARS+CHOCOLATE&go=Search

click on the video on your far right

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

We all know Twirl is lovely and the best choc available.

Wasalam

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
is this only in the UK?

I havnt heard about this and a lot of other ppl here havnt either but we stil have mars, snickers,bounty etc..:shymuslima1:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
is this only in the UK?

I havnt heard about this and a lot of other ppl here havnt either but we stil have mars, snickers,bounty etc..:shymuslima1:

salam
Why we don't have Mars ,snickers and bounty in US ,those are my favorite chocolate bars.Why is that?strange

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
Walaikum salam warahmatullah

Just a correction, I would say as Muslims we do like animal products but just not the ones they use because they are not halal.

Anyway Mars bars, twix etc are suitable for veggies again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6673549.stm
and

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=all&edition=d&q=MARS+CHOCOLATE&go=Search

click on the video on your far right

ok sorry i got it now my question was already answered jezakallah kheir

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The good news in the states is you can go back to eating a bag of doritos. Yes. Think a big bag and you get you some dip and a large pepsi and the world seems ok for a minute.

:salam2: mirajmom i wanted to tell you that Doritos are not halal. I had called the company a month and a half back and they said it was not koshar or halal. cause they use animal enzyme in the cheese. iNFACT THEY SENT ME THE LIST OF PRODUCTS WHICH ARE NOT HALAL BY THERE COMPANY.

happy 2 b muslim

am a sis and in england and luvvv chocolate loll just go to asda and get a bar of chocolate for their thats their own make theree nice trust me from an other chocolate lvvv an ya sis lol

salam :girl3:

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Now I am a choco-holicccccccccc I don`t think anyone here is a fanatic like me. Lol

Hey Sara,

I normally have Cadbury brand or Nestle.The only choc from Masterfood brand I always USE to have was either Snickers or M & Ms.

There is thread that I created on cadbury,check it out sis.

:wasalam:

LeylaHussain

Basicofislam, are u sure about the doritos? Not far from last week, I've eaten the cheese doritos and I didn't know about them being not hallal.
If someone has a list of the products we can't/we can eat in UK, I'd appreciate it.

JazakAllah kheir.

:wasalam: :girl3:

umm hussain

asalam alaikum everyone

the cheese doritos in the UK are now suitable for vegetarians according to their new packs. Just go in your local store and check or phone them.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2: mirajmom i wanted to tell you that Doritos are not halal. I had called the company a month and a half back and they said it was not koshar or halal. cause they use animal enzyme in the cheese. iNFACT THEY SENT ME THE LIST OF PRODUCTS WHICH ARE NOT HALAL BY THERE COMPANY.

SAlam

I've heard the same thing, there was an article printed in a local Islamic newspaper that listed all the snack foods that weren't halal. Doritos was one of them :( too bad I really did love them

Sara_H

Thanks

Hey!
Salam and thanks to all you chocoholics (and dorito) lovers out there for your replies. I guess the only clear message is always read the labels of what you eat (although i know alot of ingredients is unknown). We can only do our best, but like you've said, theres plently of halal choccies!....I guess i'll have to stick with cardbury's, most of their choccies have a suitable for vegetarian sign on the pakets (i love the turkish delight one). I guess we could campaign to make them halal, but that might be pointless.

Thanks again!
P.s. one other Q, does anyone know what 'whey powder' is and is it halal? (i've heard it isnt)