Christians believe Shaihk Deedat's illness was due to his preaching

BigAk

:salam2:

I have just read that some christians believe that what happened to shaikh Ahmad Deedat (May Allah bless him in his grave and grant him Janna); was because of his continuous attacks against Christianity. I happened to love shaikh Deedat and admire what he's done in serving Islam and uncovering the truth about Christianity. I also believe in Allah's wisdom, His Qada'a and Qadar. There is no doubt in my mind that Allah had a reason and wisdom behind inflicting such agony on shaikh Deedat for nine years; which not only was painful on him and us to watch, but also opened up the avenu and excuse for the christians to point their fingers and say "See!!! What God does to those who attack Christianity and Christ!!!"

It a sad thing all around if you really think about it. We all know how Shaikh Deedat has served Allah his entire life, and on his account thousands of people have embraced Islam (al' hamdu'lil' Lah) ... I am just having a hard time comprehending why Allah (subhanah wa ta'ala), would inflict such a harsh trial on his servant for nine years; opening such an opportunity for the christians to jump on.

I would like to hear from the wisdom of my brothers and sisters in this community regarding this matter. I appreciate your answers and knowledge.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

oh brother always remember that this life is all about test for all of us. its a test for the non-muslims and muslims. i think Allah is testing to see who should leave islam and believe that Allah only harms. such as christains are saying."See!!! What God does to those who attack Christianity and Christ!!!" there is a test behing every litlle and big thing. may Allah subhana wata'ala give him sabr and iman amiin. and may Allah subhana wata'ala grant him jannatul firdowsa amiin

jazak Allahu khayra...:)

jafarcps

Assalamu alaikum...may allah reward shyeikh Ahmad deedat ...and we muslims believe all of destiny from allah ...what we shoud do ..as prophet muhammad p.b.u.h said..عجبا لأمر المؤمن كله خير ان اصابه السرّاء شكر فكان خيرا له وان اصابه ضرّاء صبر فكان خير له
surpise for believer for him all what touch him is good if benefit touch him he thankful then be good for him and if harm touch him he patient then be good for him...والسلام عليكم

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

Majority of the prophets of God went through a lot of problems in life because of the truth. Its the way it is. Reminds me of the story when Prophet Muhammad pbuh went to the people of Taif and they made the messenger bleed. When Moses pbuh went to Phraoh and they chased him and bani Isreal. The story of Yayha pbuh who i think was martyed and of course the story of Job (pbuh) as the poster above me said.

If the christains think that what happend to Ahmed deedat was because of Gods punishment then what about the pain Jesus had on the cross according to them? I dont think they view that has a punishment.

Amir_of_spain

I think that test for unique for deedat, because having preached his entire life, he then was faced with a terrible illness, so would his imaan go down, as he was a preacher of allah and wasn't expecting such a situation. So that test was designed specifically for him, to elevate his status even more in the hereafter. Because his imaan was high, serving allah all his life, this is why i think this great knowledge and imaan of his was tested. Any other average muslim may have easy broken apart. So thus it was suitably designed trial for him.

AmIR

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: I believe that Sheikh Deedat was a brilliant man who knew the bible better than any Christian I have ever come across. Right to nearing the end of his life here, Sheikh Deedat's mind was completely alert and he found ways of continuing dawa even when he could no longer speak, Subhan Allah. May Allah grant Sheikh Deedat Paradise.

amaal30

I loved Sheik Ahmed Deedat too, he was an amazing man manshallah may Allah grant him Jannah Firdosa ameen. You should read that article the brother posted on the top, because even in his sick bed he was still amazing. don't worry about what they say, they knew he was speaking the truth because he knew their religion inside out and was able to show them what they didn't see or refused to see so again may Allah reward Deedat ameen

salahdin

Beneficial and Comprehensive Principles Concerning Afflictions and Trials
Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

"The Delight of Faith"
Abdullah bin Jarullah al-Jarullah, transl. J. Zarabozo
© Dar as-Salaam, 1996

"The affair of the believer is amazing! The whole of his life is beneficial, and that is only in the case of the believer. When good times come to him, he is thankful and it is good for him, and when bad times befall him,, he is patient and it is also good for him." [Saheeh Muslim #7138]

1. The evil that the believers are inflicted with is less than that which occurs to the disbelievers.

2. When the believers are inflicted with anything it should be accompanied with pleasure with Allah's decree and hoping for His reward. Hence, if they miss anything that they want, this should lead them to patience and hoping for reward and this will, without doubt, lessen the catastrophe.

3. The believer will be relieved of such hardship according to the amount of his obedience, purity and the existence of the realities of Faith in his heart to the point that if this hardship had occurred to another [who has not that amount of Faith], he would not be able to bear it. This is how Allah repels hardship from His believing slave.

4. If the love of Allah is firmly planted in the heart, then bearing the pain from the Beloved will be pleasureful for those who love Him and will not be something hated.

5. What the disbeliever and evildoer attain of power and strength is also accompanied with its opposite.

6. Allah afflicting His believing slave is like a kand of medicine that removes a disease. If that disease were to remain, it would destroy the person or lessen his reward.

7. Such occurrences are part of the necessary aspects of being a human.

8. In such ocurrences, Allah has a great and recognized wisdom.

9. Those afflictions and trials make it apparent who is the truthful person and who is the liar.

10. Humans by their nature are social creatures. They must mix with others. However, they have different natures and desires that may cause difficulties. The believer is obliged to fulfill his responsibilities concernig them and this makes the trial much easier.

11. The affliction that occurs to a person cannot but be from one of four types: Either it is with respect to his life, or with respect to his wealth, or with respect to his honor, or with respect to his family and those whom he loves from among mankind. These things affect all different peoples. Those who are not believing pious people are afflicted by much more than the believing pious person, as is witnessed.

daywalker

I have just read that some christians believe that what happened to shaikh Ahmad Deedat (May Allah bless him in his grave and grant him Janna); was because of his continuous attacks against Christianity.

then what they would say about the crusification of jesus(peace be upon him)? doesnt it seems more worst! as one of brother allready said.

BigAk

every human being goes through some test or the other..

the prophets of God have gone through the biggest of trials and tribulations...

prophet ayub(job) was put to test for several years by a disease...

as for Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, he inspired many and continues to do so..

read this article that was published 2 years before his death.......

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...8387890&pagename=Zone-English-Youth/YTELayout

Ma'sha'Allah.... This is the best news I've read about how Shaikh Deedat dealt with all those people despite his agony.. His trial only made him stronger and never doubted Allah's wisdom....

Also.. Thank you for pointing out prophet Ayyub to me.. I totally forgot about his story.

I do realize everything is from Allah regardless. However; there's a difference when comparing whatever happened to some of the prophets such as Jesus (pbu) or Ibrahim (pbu) and such a severe illness. The first case are trials afflicted by humans; while an illness is something humans have no control over. Again; I do realize everything that happens is from Allah (subhanah). But, I am glad that we have an identical example in our prophet Ayyub (pbu). His severe illness also has no human intervention and similar to what our shaikh Deedat has experienced..

I ask Allah (ta'ala) that He blesses his soul and grant him the highest status in Jannah.... Ameen.

Shaikh Deedat has played a major role in my life lately and inspired me to the max.. I can't get enough of hearing him talk in his lectures and debates.... I often re-watch his talks over and over again... He sure was and still is our Lion of Islam.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I think that test for unique for deedat, because having preached his entire life, he then was faced with a terrible illness, so would his imaan go down, as he was a preacher of allah and wasn't expecting such a situation. So that test was designed specifically for him, to elevate his status even more in the hereafter. Because his imaan was high, serving allah all his life, this is why i think this great knowledge and imaan of his was tested. Any other average muslim may have easy broken apart. So thus it was suitably designed trial for him.

AmIR

very well said. which disease did Sheik Deedat pass away from?
:wasalam: