Christmas celebrations fatwas v.important

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
celebrations fatwas v.important

sadprincenu6.gif

Salam Alikum wahrmtu ALlah wabrkatu

May Allah bless you all brothers and sisters and May Allah guide us and who seeking the right path Ameen

I'd like to illustrate some very important fatwa about Christmas celebration

Can she attend Christmas celebrations in order to greet her relatives

She says: I want to become Muslim, but my family gather to celebrate Christmas, and I want to go and greet them. This is not with the intention of celebrating or joining in, but simply to make the most of the opportunity of my relatives getting together. Is this allowed?

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen,who answered as follows:

No, it is not permitted. If Allaah blesses her with Islam, then the first thing she must do is to distance herself from her former religion and its festivals.

And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen

Ruling on joining in the kaafir (Disbeliver) festivals
I see many "Muslims" joining in Christmas and other celebrations. Is there any daleel from the Quran and Sunnah that I can present to them to show that these are indeed very sinful practices?.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to join in the kaafir festivals for the following reasons:

Firstly: because this entails imitating or resembling them, and “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood). This is a serious warning. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-‘Aas said: Whoever lives in the land of the mushrikeen and celebrates their Nawrooz (New Year) and their Mahrajaan (festivals), and imitates them until he dies, he will be a loser on the Day of Resurrection.

Secondly: taking part in their festivals is a kind of befriending them and showing love for them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them… “[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them” [al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

Thirdly: festivals are the matter of religion and beliefs, not the matter of worldly customs, as is indicated by the hadeeth: “Every nation has its Eid, and this is our Eid.” Their Eid or festival reflects their corrupt beliefs of Kufr and Shirk.

Fourthly: “And those who do not witness falsehood, and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass it by with dignity” [al-Furqaan 25:72 – interpretation of the meaning]. The scholars interpreted this aayah was referring to the festivals of the mushrikeen. It is not permissible to give any of them cards for their festivals, or to sell them cards or any of the other things they need for their festivals such as lights, trees or food – including turkey, candy canes, etc.

We have already answered a similar question, for more details please see Question #947.

Islam Q&A

They were offered food at Christmas – what should they do?
What should one do if one's neighbour serve one with chrismas food on the 25th of December. Should we pour away the food or should we reject it even if rejecting it can cause misunderstanding with them.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for a Muslim to accept gifts from the kuffaar or to give them gifts, especially if they are relatives. The evidence for that is as follows:

(a)

It was narrated that Abu Humayd al-Saa’idi said: We went on campaign with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to Tabook, and the king of Aelia gave the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) a white mule and a cloak, and he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) approved of him as the ruler of his land. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2990).

(b) It was narrated that Katheer ibn ‘Abbaas ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib said: ‘Abbaas said: I was present with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the day of Hunayn. Abu Sufyaan ibn al-Haarith ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib and I stayed close to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and did not leave him. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was riding a white mule of his, that had been given to him by Farwah ibn Nufaathah al-Judhaami. Narrated by Muslim (1775).

It was proven that the Sahaabah also (accepted gifts from the kuffaar) with the permission of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) during his lifetime. The mother of Asma’ bint Abi Bakr – who was a mushrikah – visited her daughter and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave permission to Asma’ (may Allaah be pleased with her) to uphold ties of kinship with her. And it is proven that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab gave a suit to his brother who was a mushrik. Both hadeeth are narrated in al-Saheehayn.

To sum up: it is permissible for a Muslim to give gifts to a kaafir and to accept gifts from him.

Secondly:

With regard to gifts given on their festivals, it is not permissible to give or accept them, because that is venerating their festivals and expressing approval of them and helping them in their kufr.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

If someone gives a gift to the Muslims on these festivals and that is contrary to his habit at all other times apart from this festival, then his gift is not to be accepted, especially if the gift is something that is used to imitate them, such as giving candles and the like at Christmas, or giving eggs, milk and lambs on Maundy Thursday, which comes at the end of their fast (Lent).

Similarly, no gift should be given to any of the Muslims on these festivals because of the festival, especially if it is something that is used to imitate them, as we have stated above.

The Muslim should not sell the things that Muslims could use to imitate them on that festival, such as food, clothing and the like, because that is helping them in doing evil.

Iqtida’ Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 227.

And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) also said:

As for the Muslim selling them things that they use for their festivals, such as food, clothing, herbs and the like, or giving those things to them, that is a kind of helping them to celebrate their haraam festival. This is based on the principle that it is not permissible to sell to the kaafirs grapes or juice that they can use for wine, and it is not permissible to sell them weapons with which they can fight the Muslims.

Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 229

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said concerning the festivals of the People of the Book:

Just as it is not permissible for them to celebrate them openly, it is not permissible for the Muslims to help them in that or attend with them, according to the consensus of the scholars. This was stated clearly by the fuqaha’ who follow the four imams, in their books.

Then he (may Allaah have mercy on him) quoted the words of the imams of the madhhabs and the prominent scholars.

Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah (3/1245-1250).

See also the answer to question no. 12666.

Thirdly:

It is not permissible for the Muslim to take religious matters lightly. He must practise his religion openly. They practise their religion openly and display its symbols during these festivals; we should also openly reject their gifts and refuse to join them and help them in that. This is one of the teachings of our religion.

We ask Allaah to help us to understand the rulings of our religion and to help us to act upon it and adhere to it.

And Allaah knows best.

A Christian complains about prohibition of Muslims celebrating or congratulating people at Christmas

Why do you condemn the celebration of the what Christians think is birth of the son of God (Allah)? We should be teaching respect for other peoples and religions. Yet with such condemnation and calling it falsehood, it makes it difficult for rational, honest, and respectful persons to communicate.
Praise be to the One God, who begets not, nor is begotten.

You seem to have misinterpreted the condemnation of celebration of Christmas as a matter of disrespect for Christians. In reality, it is out of respect for Allah and Jesus and the teachings of our Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon them. It is an integral part of our faith to reject celebrations that have not been prescribed and/or that have a basis in falsehood, as inevitably they lead to misguidance and alterations in faith, as has happened with Christianity. There is nothing "radical" or "fringe" about this. It is our basic right to protect our faith and practice from distortion and falsehood. Surely no one has a right to condemn us for this.

Do you think Encyclopedia Britannica is rational and honest? Please read what they have to say about Christmas:

Excerpts quoted directly from http://www.britannica.com :

The word Christmas is derived from the Old English Cristes maesse, "Christ's Mass." :

( There is no certain tradition of the date of Christ's birth. Christian chronographers of the 3rd century believed that the creation of the world took place at the spring equinox, then reckoned as March 25; hence the new creation in the incarnation (i.e., the conception) and death of Christ must therefore have occurred on the same day, with his birth following nine months later at the winter solstice, December 25).

According to a Roman almanac, the Christian festival of Christmas was celebrated in Rome by AD 336...

( The reason why Christmas came to be celebrated on December 25 remains uncertain, but most probably the reason is that early Christians wished the date to coincide with the pagan Roman festival marking the "birthday of the unconquered sun" ) (natalis solis invicti); this festival celebrated the winter solstice, when the days again begin to lengthen and the sun begins to climb higher in the sky. The traditional customs connected with Christmas have accordingly developed from several sources as a result of the coincidence of the celebration of the birth of Christ with the pagan agricultural and solar observances at midwinter. In the Roman world the Saturnalia (December 17) was a time of merrymaking and exchange of gifts. December 25 was also regarded as the birth date of the Iranian mystery god Mithra, the Sun of Righteousness. On the Roman New Year (January 1), houses were decorated with greenery and lights, and gifts were given to children and the poor. To these observances were added the http://www.britannica.com/bcom/eb/article/idxref/0/0,5716,266282,00.htmlGerman and Celtic Yule rites when the Teutonic tribes penetrated into Gaul, Britain, and central Europe. Food and good fellowship, the Yule log and Yule cakes, greenery and fir trees, and gifts and greetings all commemorated different aspects of this festive season. Fires and lights, symbols of warmth and lasting life, have always been associated with the winter festival, both pagan and Christian. Since the European Middle Ages, evergreens, as symbols of survival, have been associated with Christmas... [end quote]

So as any rational person can see, there is no sound basis for Christmas, nor did Jesus (peace be upon him) or his true followers celebrate Christmas or ask anyone to celebrate Christmas, nor was there any record of anyone calling themselves Christians celebrating Christmas until several hundred years after Jesus. So were the companions of Jesus more righteously guided in not celebrating Christmas or are the people of today?

So if you want to respect Jesus, peace be upon him, as Muslims do, don't celebrate some fabricated event that was chosen to coincide with pagan festivals and copy pagan customs. Do you honestly think God, or even Jesus himself, would approve or condemn such a thing? If you say approve, then obviously you are not interested in the truth.

We ask Allaah, the One, Singular God, with no partners or sons, the God of all creation and mankind, to guide us all to the path of guidance and sincerity.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Ruling on celebrating non-Muslim holidays and congratulating them
Can a muslim celebrate a non muslim holiday like Thanksgiving?

Praise be to Allaah.

Greeting the kuffaar on Christmas and other religious holidays of theirs is haraam, by consensus, as Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah: "Congratulating the kuffaar on the rituals that belong only to them is haraam by consensus, as is congratulating them on their festivals and fasts by saying ‘A happy festival to you’ or ‘May you enjoy your festival,’ and so on. If the one who says this has been saved from kufr, it is still forbidden. It is like congratulating someone for prostrating to the cross, or even worse than that. It is as great a sin as congratulating someone for drinking wine, or murdering someone, or having illicit sexual relations, and so on. Many of those who have no respect for their religion fall into this error; they do not realize the offensiveness of their actions. Whoever congratulates a person for his disobedience or bid’ah or kufr exposes himself to the wrath and anger of Allaah."

Congratulating the kuffaar on their religious festivals is haraam to the extent described by Ibn al-Qayyim because it implies that one accepts or approves of their rituals of kufr, even if one would not accept those things for oneself. But the Muslim should not aceept the rituals of kufr or congratulate anyone else for them, because Allaah does not accept any of that at all, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

"If you disbelieve, then verily, Allaah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you. . ."
[al-Zumar 39:7]

". . . This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion . . ."
[al-Maa’idah 5:3]

So congratulating them is forbidden, whether they are one’s colleagues at work or otherwise.

If they greet us on the occasion of their festivals, we should not respond, because these are not our festivals, and because they are not festivals which are acceptable to Allaah. These festivals are innovations in their religions, and even those which may have been prescribed formerly have been abrogated by the religion of Islaam, with which Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to the whole of mankind. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

It is haraam for a Muslim to accept invitations on such occasions, because this is worse than congratulating them as it implies taking part in their celebrations.

Similarly, Muslims are forbidden to imitate the kuffaar by having parties on such occasions, or exchanging gifts, or giving out sweets or food, or taking time off work, etc., because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them." Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyah said in his book Iqtidaa’ al-siraat al-mustaqeem mukhaalifat ashaab al-jaheem: "Imitating them in some of their festivals implies that one is pleased with their false beliefs and practices, and gives them the hope that they may have the opportunity to humiliate and mislead the weak."

Whoever does anything of this sort is a sinner, whether he does it out of politeness or to be friendly, or because he is too shy to refuse, or for whatever other reason, because this is hypocrisy in Islaam, and because it makes the kuffaar feel proud of their religion.

Allaah is the One Whom we ask to make the Muslims feel proud of their religion, to help them adhere steadfastly to it, and to make them victorious over their enemies, for He is the Strong and Omnipotent.

Majmoo’ah Fataawa wa Rasaa’il al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 3/369)

All fatwas from
http://www.islamqa.com/en

12120qi.gif

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
wa 'ilaikas salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Totally agree Alhamdulillah, may Allahu Ta'ala bless and love syaikh ibn Al 'Utsaimin as he was the Mujaddid of 21th century insyaAllah and same du'a with syaikh ibn Shalih Al Munajjid.
May Allahu Ta'ala preserve the Dakwah Salafiyyah until the born of 7 or 9 Mahdi (HR.Ibn Majah). If the Khulafa Urasyidin was meant by Rasulullah as 4 of the Mahdi, then there will be 3 or 5 more Mahdi yet to be born on earth and lead Muslim in Allah's path.

At 25 Dec the time of day is lengthen and the sun goes high in the sky. The Sun God's festival, yes, an ex nun who now already 25 Years in becoming Muslim named Irene Handono has made a kutaib (small book) about this fact.
Jazakillahu khairan, syaikh Al 'Utsaimin rahimahullah when giving speeches at Boston, he said tha Insurance company is or Health insurance is gambling, and gambling is worse than Riba, because Allahu Ta'ala put it together with "intoxicants, dedication of stones, divination by arrows.

QS.Al Ma'idah (5):90 O ye who believe! intoxicants and GAMBLING (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan's handiwork: eschew such (abomination) that ye may prosper. 793 794 795

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

masha Allah jazak Allah khayran brother for your information masha Allah its so useful may Allah bless you

lotus

I guess I am confused now. The question "What would Jesus do?" comes to my mind. I also think of this video I watched recently about the Christian man who asks an Islamic scholar about Jesus and the Dr convinces him that Muslims respect Jesus more than most Christians do. Video: "Christian accepts Islam after posing a question to Dr. Zakir Naik"

It looks like I have a LOT to learn about Islam. I would naturally think that loving thy neighbor out of peace and respect is most important. And respecting parents is important. Therefor, I don't think a revert should sever ties with their parents to that degree. As long as the intention is to merely show love and respect to *family*, I would think it would be respected to gather with your parents on days which are important to them. Seems like you could back off from Easter and other holidays but for christmas just gather in spirit of family togetherness. A lot of Christmas activities are really only about having dinner together and showing your appreciation for family hence mother-child/mary-jesus..the celebration of family. The gift of family. I do not feel threatened by this if I make shahada and live as a Muslim for my relationship with G-d.

Again, I know I have much to learn about the true Islam. That is why I am here. So, these discussions are very helpful for me to grasp full picture of Islam's direction about our relationship with the one and only G-d.

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." (NIV, Mark 12:28-31).
In my Quran I would like to look up these above verses. Please guide me, what is the book and verse # in the Quran?
Thank you if you can please clarify and get me out of confusions.

lotus

I think of my beautiful Muslim girl friend who brought me to Islam. She glowed with the love of God and loved me as herself. She respected me, gave me christmas card even, had respect for me. Her example of Jesus behavior is what showed me the love that is within Islam. It was for this very loving behavior that showed me embodiment of Islam, the entire reason I was able to embrace Islam! How great thy God!

I respectfully have to disagree with interpretation. Please rethink interpretations and openness of heart and intention as you pray in your personal relationship with our one and only Allah.:tti_sister:

lotus

Can you imagine if you missed an opportunity to witness to your parents of the love of G-d in Islam by not being with them on "christmas"? Stand strong in relationship with G-d. I look forward to be a shining example to my parents on christmas of the love of G-d in Islam whilst showing the family respect by being present. I can't even imagine missing the opportunity. I respect my parents but I am not a christian. - I still walk with the love of G-d within and you never know when you can bring someone to Islam. Do not fear!

Showing your parents respect and being present is a lot different from going to some dangerous place in inner city where you may be killed to witness about Islam. There is a huge difference.

Maybe I am going through my own process of understanding about Islam, but I have to go through it, you know? I have heard that Islam is a religion where you CAN ask questions (unlike Christianity)

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Well Sister, celebrating Christmas or being present (supporting it) makes one do shirk. Because this whole ideology behind Christmas is polytheistic, this can make you go out of the fold of Islam. So, for the greater good try to please your parents in a different way not in this way.

If you displease Allah now trying to please your parents then Allah will eventually make your parents displeased with you. But if you please Allah but displease your parents, then Allah will eventually make your parents pleased with you, InshAllah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
What I dont understand about this problem is, converts are like "oh I just want to get together with my family on that day"

There are 365 days a year. You cant pick ANY other day? :/
Don't get me wrong I am a convert and my family celebrates Christmas, but I abstain and make an effort to get together with them on another day.

Help organize a barbeque or something.

auroran

Christmas has its pagan roots, and somehow it was associated with Christianity. I agree with sister alf2, you have 364 other days to spend time with your family, and insha' Allaah, teach them about Islaam.

Perseveranze

By Saying merry Christmas... It's like your saying "Congrats on worshipping the son of God".

Your suppose to help people avoid hellfire, no encourage it lol

Aroosak

:wasalam:

I know it is hard to let down your parents and family, but if you talk to them and explain them little by little they will understand. You can tell them that you would do something special for any of the Eid celebrations. That day it could be a special day for you and your family to get together and enjoy it. I am sure your family loves you as you love them and they will understand and even if at the beginning is shocking they will soon get used to it and have respect for your strength in convictions. Even more important you will be pleasing Allah and there is no greater blessing than that!.... Many of the Prophets did things that did not please their parents but were pleasing to Allah, later their sacrifices were rewarded.

Keep it strong sister and I pray you and your family are guided inshAllah :hijabi:

lotus

Thank you for your replies. You make good points. I know that the right path will be made clear and easy for me.

I realized that I haven't even been with them anyway on Christmas in YEARS.

...Perhaps why I could turn to Islam despite them. Hmmm.

Thanks for giving me much to think over.

lotus

By Saying merry Christmas... It's like your saying "Congrats on worshipping the son of God".

Your suppose to help people avoid hellfire, no encourage it lol

When my friend gave me a "Happy Holidays" card, I never thought she was encouraging a belief that was different than hers. These are intricate discernments that are difficult to write in words. I knew that she was not encouraging me. We both knew. This is the same friend who introduced me to Islam.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Hello Lotus,

Welcome to TTI ! :)

I hope you are finding the articles on this website beneficial about learning about the various teachings of Islam.

It's great to hear that you are investigating Islam with the motive of seeking the pleasure of Almighty God, Creator of the Heaven and the Earth, Allah. May Allah azz zawajal guide you towards the truth and make it easy for you. Ameen.

As for the issue that you have raised about respecting your parents after you have accepted Islam I would like to share with you about the teachings of Islam that mention respecting and obeying parents even if they are non muslim.

Please read the below carefully.

This is the narration of a women companion at the time of the Prophet (Peace be upon him)

Asma’ bint Abi Bakr al-Siddeeq said: My mother came to me when she was a mushrik (polytheist) at the time of Quraysh, at the time of the treaty with them (i.e. during the period when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had made a peace treaty with the people of Makkah not to fight for the duration). I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has come and she needs my help, should I uphold ties of kinship with my mother?” He said, “Yes, uphold the ties of kinship with your mother.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (and Muslim, 1003).

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

However, the verse of Quran below makes it clear that this obedience and honoring has it's bounds. No one (including parents) is to be obeyed when they are upon something that Allah azz zawajal has prohibited.

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination.

But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly”

[Luqmaan 31:14-15]

Christmas is a practice that was not from the teachings of Isa Alleyhi Salaam (Jesus Peace be upon him). Nor was it the practice of his early disciples. Rather it is heresy and deviation from the message and teaching of Isa Alleyhi Salaam in observing such a celebration as Christmas which has roots in paganism.

You mentioned in your post, you would like to put yourself in the position of Jesus Aleyhi Salaam and seek what he would do where he to be in such a position. Isa Alleyhi Salaam was a noble and righteous messenger of Allah Almighty. He observed rituals and commanded others to the same *only* from the *revelation* and *commands* of Allah Almighty. However there is not a single narration that shows this celebration of Christmas to be a teaching of Jesus Alleyhi Salaam himself or an observation of his followers.

You can read here about the real and quite pagan origins of Christmas.

It is indeed a sign of high moral values that you wish to honor and respect your parents and not hurt them. However, by being part of an observation that is pagan, encourages them to stay away from the true teachings of Jesus Alleyhi Salaam and what God Almighty is pleased with.

One of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alleyhi Wa Sallam named Umar bin Al-Khattab –May Allâh be pleased with him – said, “Stay well away from the enemies of Allâh during their festivals.”

He is also reported to have said, “Do not learn the speech of the non-Arabs (unbelievers) and do not enter upon the polytheists in their churches during their holidays, for the wrath [of Allâh] descends upon them then.”

So by partaking in such an observance/festivity, you are encouraging your parents to be among the people whom Allah azz zawajal is displeased with. Even though your parents might be momentarily be happy that you are with them for Christmas celebrations, there is great harm in it for them. Is it true love if one assists his/her parents in displeasing their Lord ? Definitely not.

Rather true love for your parents would be to encourage them towards earning the pleasure of their Creator Allah azz zawajal and asking them to question themselves about their purpose in life and the way of life that will earn them salvation in Hereafter. This is the true care and true love towards one's parent.

Here is a narration about another companion of the Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alleyhi Wa Sallama named Abu Hurairah May Allah be pleased with him

On the authority of Abu-Huraira, who said: I used to call my mother to Islam when she was still a polytheist. One day, while I was calling her she mentioned something about the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, that I detested. So I went to see the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, while crying and told him: I used to call my mother to Islam and she would refuse. I called her today and she mentioned something about you that I detested. Please invoke the blessings and guidance of Allah on her. Then the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, said: O Great Allah guide the mother of Abu-Huraira. So I left full of hope because of the Prophet's supplication for my mother. When I reached home I found that the door was partially closed. My mother heard my footsteps and said: Stay still Abu-Huraira, then I heard the water running; he added my mother performed body ablution, put on her cloths and hurriedly opened the door without her head-cover and said: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad, Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, is the Messenger of Allah". I went back to the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, crying of joy and told him: I am bringing you good news; Allah answered your prayers and guided the mother of Abu-Huraira. The Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, praised and glorified Allah and said: this is good. I said: Oh Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah to make me and my mother beloved by Allah's believing slaves and make us love them. The Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, said: Oh Allah, make this little slave of Yours and his mother (meaning Abu-Huraira and his mother) become beloved by your believing slaves and make the believers love them. Ever since, there was not a believer who heard of me, even without seeing me, that did not love me.

Reported by Muslim in Sahih Muslim

Thus we see that the companion of the Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alleyhi Wa Sallam strived hard to get his non believing mother to enter into Islam and this showed his genuine care and love for his mother.

Thanks for reading.

Please feel free to ask any other questions. Have a nice day.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Hello Lotus,so much reading isn't it?Am glad that I can call you sister now,I liked the user name for the beginning anyway,Alhamdulillah(Praise be to God).Here is a little video lecture of brother Abdullah Hakim Quick about Christmas.Please ,do understand that Muslims stance regarding this kind of Holiday is not at all meant to be insulting to the people.In the contrary it is ,meant to discourage them from Polytheism for their own good.As there is nothing more repugnant to God and to all his prophets may peace be upon them , than associating partners to him.Al tough you may already know this from your familiarity with the bible especially the Old testament .Call it silent preaching if you will.:)

[yt]f9TmDhQ0-fc[/yt]

And here is a little Step by Step prayer and ablution guide so that you May concentrate on learning how to pray.Just like prophets Muhammad ,Abraham Moses,Jesus peace be upon them all Prayed to God.

:Genesis 17:3 "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,"

Genesis 17:17 "Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?"

Exodus 34:8 "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped."

Numbers 16:20-22 "And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?"

Joshua 5:14 "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?"

Ezekiel 9:8 "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?"

2 Chronicles 20:18 "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD."

Ezekiel 11:13 "And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?"

Matthew 17:6 "And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."

Matthew 26:39 "And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

[yt]DaKb2zX1QBs[/yt]

http://www.quranexplorer.com/ .This is a very good site if you wanna listen to some Quraan recitation with English voice translation..etc.

Take care.:)

Wassalamu Aleikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

(May the peace ,the mercy and the abundance of God be with you)

lotus

thank you for the welcome and information

Hi, I'm going through all of the information you both have posted. Thanks!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:Hello Lotus,so much reading isn't it?Am glad that I can call you sister now,I liked the user name for the beginning anyway,Alhamdulillah(Praise be to God).Here is a little video lecture of brother Abdullah Hakim Quick about Christmas.Please ,do understand that Muslims stance regarding this kind of Holiday is not at all meant to be insulting to the people.In the contrary it is ,meant to discourage them from Polytheism for their own good.As there is nothing more repugnant to God and to all his prophets may peace be upon them , than associating partners to him.Al tough you may already know this from your familiarity with the bible especially the Old testament .Call it silent preaching if you will.:)

Whoaaa, masha Allah. I love br. Abdullah Hakim Quick's entire series on American holidays and the Pagan origins of them :ma:

His video on Valentine's Day was also eye opening.