circumcision in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayna85908

I think you should circumcise him as soon as possible because if you want him to be muslim he should be circumcised and plus it stop him gettin infections. good points wether muslim or not :)

farhopes

No God but Allah
To all who wonder why I am interested in this topic although I am not muslim:

If you read whole post you see that I wrote "No, I am not and I will not be. I am also not muslim but I think I believe in God. I am trying to learn about Islam." I have a reason to think about Islam. I have a reason to imagine myself in the role of muslim. I relied on God in my life and I learnt I feel better. But I dont want to talk here about my personal reasons why I am trying to put myself in the role of muslim. I have a reason for that and I am trying here to solve questions I have. I am sorry for maybe being kind of rude but I dont want to talk with you about why I am asking this question. I am only looking for the answer.

Salam Tilk,

It is great to say that you believe in God. But, don't you think that we should believe in God in the way God wants us to believe in Him; it should be according to God's own way and not our favourite way. I am so sorry as this is out of the topic you chose to discuss about Islam, but I think you have said that you are trying to learn about Islam.

We do not seek to know your personal reasons why you want to put yourself in the role of Muslims because being a Muslim is not a role. It is rather a very profound faith by heart followed be sincere commitment and real observance of God's own ways for us to live on.

You said you are here to solve questions you have. I think brother muharram23 has given you links that will answer your questions. Please read them.

Thank you. Does it mean that I can make my sin smaller when I carefully keep cleanness in here?

It is not only a matter of cleannessand protection, it is rather a matter of following God's own ways (God's Ordinance we should live on). God is the Most Merciful and the Most Wise and we as His servants can not talk about making a sin smaller or bigger as this is God's own matter. It may be a test of our obedience.

By the way.. I was thinking about doing this to son. I know its easier to do it when he is a small baby. But isnt it much more fair to him to let him decide when he will be adult, if he wants it to be done to him? As a child he can not know if he wants to follow Islam. I will try to show him good example if this religion but I want to let him decide by himself when he will be older. But when I let him to be cutted as a child, he can not change it in the future.[/
QUOTE]

Our Prophet, peace be upon him, told us that every new born baby is born on Islam which simply means " Submission to God" and it is his parents who turn him\ her to be Christian, Jew etc. So if you ,hypothetically, got married to a Muslim lady and you yourself converted to Islam and then God provides you with a son, your son will be born as Muslim and your duties towards him include to raise him on the own ways of God.

Even if your son grew up and wanted to choose for himself, he would never come to ask you why you made him a simple surgery that most men on Earth have to guarantee his cleanness, protection and pureness and will never have any negative effect on him in any fields of life. He will never come to blame you, instead he will thank you for making it to him while he was very young. I think you would not leave his nails and hair without cutting till he grew up and make his own choices!!!!!!!

Salem9022

so you can shave ur pubic hair and ur armpit hair??? and this wont go against allah.........and im 17.....do i have to get circumcised??? :confused:

Yes You have the cut the armpit hair and pubic hair because it is part of being clean and it's part of the religion. Imagine having your armpit hairy and smelling all the time, it is disgusting. : )

I also Heard if the Hair becomes longer then the first line of your Index finger it becomes forbidden for your to eat or drink, I don't know if this is true.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
To all who wonder why I am interested in this topic although I am not muslim:

If you read whole post you see that I wrote "No, I am not and I will not be. I am also not muslim but I think I believe in God. I am trying to learn about Islam." I have a reason to think about Islam. I have a reason to imagine myself in the role of muslim. I relied on God in my life and I learnt I feel better. But I dont want to talk here about my personal reasons why I am trying to put myself in the role of muslim. I have a reason for that and I am trying here to solve questions I have. I am sorry for maybe being kind of rude but I dont want to talk with you about why I am asking this question. I am only looking for the answer.

Thank you. Does it mean that I can make my sin smaller when I carefully keep cleanness in here?

By the way.. I was thinking about doing this to son. I know its easier to do it when he is a small baby. But isnt it much more fair to him to let him decide when he will be adult, if he wants it to be done to him? As a child he can not know if he wants to follow Islam. I will try to show him good example if this religion but I want to let him decide by himself when he will be older. But when I let him to be cutted as a child, he can not change it in the future.

Salam Tilk

No you can not make the sin smaller for this in Islam because it is mandatory to be circumcised for a man/boy. It is not a optional decision like some other things in Islam. It is not only for purposes of prayer but that was just a good example. Doing if for your son is actually a good thing and is mandatory in Islam it helps prevent certain medical conditions in addition to being as clean as it could possible be.You could have good intentions to clean it throughly but not be able maintain the cleanliness.`Well being that I am muslim I circumcised my son when I was in the hospital on his 2nd day after being born. I think personally it fair because it is written for us to do this and Allah knows all of the reasons why but in that sense to do it as a child is not painful and he will not remember having it done. So I preferred to do it when I did verses wait. Being that you are the parent you want to look out for the best interest of your son and being that circumcision prevents alot of medical conditions verses not circumcising him helps nothing so it is better to do this
and when he is older and ask if he has concerns you can explain the benefit of being circumcised verses the benefit of not`

a_brother

Make dua for us all
HIIII TiLK, you not a muslim yet!!! what's taking you soo long... LOL... Just kidding :D

There is soooo much to learn about Islam, but death can happen any time... If you feel that Islam is the true religion (that is, believe that there is only ONE God and Mohammed is his messenger), then take shahada (Say, La Ilaha Ila Allah, Mohammad rashoulo Allah [there is no God but Allah, and Mohammed is his messenger]".... then everything else will fall into place... You try to do your BEST to practice Islam...

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and hope in Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds in the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I shall forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with an earthful of sins and were you then to face Me, without having associated anything with Me, I shall grant you an earthful of pardon.'"

Again, there are soooo much to learn about Islam, you may live for a hundred years and still learning about Islam... As individuals, we are responsible of what we know

focus on examining the Tawheed/Oneness of Allah... If you feel comfortable on this subject, then take your shahada and keep learning about Islam... we are always here to help each other, so if you have any question, we would be happy to discuss it :)
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=15

BintMuhammad

Staff member
It is sinful for the parents to not let their son be circumcised because male circumcision is obligatory for the Muslim male if he is able to do it. If, however, he is unable, whether due to fear of injury or if a respected and authoritative doctor has told him he will experience profuse bleeding which may make his life miserable, then the obligation for cirumcision is waived and he does not commit a sin by not having it done.

With regard to delaying the circumcision please refer to The time for circumcision

As for a new Muslim who is not circumcised, please refer to Ruling concerning circumcision for a man who becomes Muslim at a mature age.

If circumcision after converting is too difficult, because of his age, then it is OK if he does not get circumcised. Circumcision should not be insisted on, lest it turns him away from Islam.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/115)

I hope that answers all the questions Inshaa'Allaah

May you be guided towards embracing Islaam Aameen.

dianek

Hey there....can't answer islamically if it is a sin or not......but as far as the RUDE responses you are getting, I apologize, I don't think people here realize how difficult they can be. They have behaved this way to me many times. Please do not be discouraged by their attitudes......

a_brother

Make dua for us all
I don't think people here realize how difficult they can be. They have behaved this way to me many times. Please do not be discouraged by their attitudes......

Asalamo Alaikom sister Diane

I think you are doing what you are stating... Please be considered

Wasalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Hey there....can't answer islamically if it is a sin or not......but as far as the RUDE responses you are getting, I apologize, I don't think people here realize how difficult they can be. They have behaved this way to me many times. Please do not be discouraged by their attitudes......

Inshaa'Allaah no one is being rude. Our brothers and sisters are just trying to answer and help. Sometimes, TRUTH hurts but we have to accept it because this is what Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala has ordered. If something is required and ordered and we do not follow it, ofcourse it is sinful BUT Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala is also the most merciful if we repent sincerely.

Please a reminder to everyone including myself, do not involve your personal whims and culture to issues like these. Don't look for loopholes just to satisfy you. Refer to Qur'aan and Sunnah.

Status
Not open for further replies.