circumcision in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiLK

Hello.

Is it sinful when I would not want to do circumcision to my son while I would be muslim and I would be going to lead him to Islam as well?

I know muslim guys use to be with circumcision. But I live in different culture and it seems to me unusual, unnatural. I know all arguments for it (health and so). I dont want to argue with you if its good or no. It simply makes me bad feeling to do sth like this to my future son (if there will be any). Is it sinful if I will not let doctors to do it to him?

Salem9022

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Five things are part of the fitrah (natural disposition of man): circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustache, cutting the nails and plucking the armpit hair.” (Saheeh: agreed upon).

Mumin01

culture cannot be put before our religion, whatever our culture teaches us is completely ok to practice in islam as long as it is compatable with islam and not the other way around, our religion, not our culture dictates our lives

If the Prophet PBUH told us to circumcise our children then we have no choice but to obey Allahs Messenger PBUH

peace

TiLK

So do you think that even a man who convert to Islam during his life is supposed to do this to himself? Hm. I would never do it.... Maybe I am conservative, I dont know. But I would feel very bad. So I only wonder if its big sin.

I WAS 8 YEARS OLD WHEN I GOT CIRCUMCISED AND IT DIDN'T HURT.
I dont want to talk about this. I am sure it does not hurt.

TiLK

If you call me ignorant I am not against. You can attack me and you are right. In other hand if you would take your time and read this forum carefully you would see that I ask if its a sin. I do not ask if I should do it or no cause I am already decided.

TiLK

YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT CIRCUMCISING YOUR SON. ARE YOU CIRCUMCISED?
No, I am not and I will not be. I am also not muslim but I think I believe in God. I am trying to learn about Islam. I wanted to know if it would be sin if I prohibit my muslim wife to do it to my son.

Moreover I learnt its even sin for me if I wont do it to myself.

Idris16

No, I am not and I will not be. I am also not muslim but I think I believe in God. I am trying to learn about Islam. I wanted to know if it would be sin if I prohibit my muslim wife to do it to my son.

Moreover I learnt its even sin for me if I wont do it to myself.

YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A SIN TO YOUR WIFE. WELL YOUR WIFE SHOULD KNOW IT'S HARAM TO BE MARRIED TO NON-MUSLIM

TiLK

I was talking hypoteticaly. If I had muslim wife and if I had been muslim... Understood? By the way this is OUT OF TOPIC.

sada

assalam...there is something which is precisely weird in these questions...if u are not moslem,so u are not related of this issue...but if u want to only learn about it,so why do u disapproval knowledge which some akhes(brothers)give u...

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Salam Alaikum Tilk

You asked was it a sin if you do not circumcise, yeah? It is a sin in Islam it is obligatory for a man/boy to be circumcised and and sunnah (mustahabb) better to do for a woman. But the man genital uncircumcised is unclean and during prayers you must make sure you are throughly cleansed and being uncircumcised can hold urine and that will make your prayers invalid along with other reasons.

Salam Sister Amirah80:blackhijab:

Mumin01

i am sorry tilk with the way i arranged my response it sounded kinda belligerent when i read it just now

Muslim men are required to be circumsiced, most children in fact become cirumsiced even if they arent muslim,

its a sin if u reject doing it

salaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The deeper question is you are curious about Islam. As you learn about Islam you will understand the need to follow the guidlines of Islam. At present it is understandable that you have some doubts. Please write to us and ask questions to help you gain a better understanding of Islam and learn why we love our faith so much.
From the point of view of a woman it is necessary that her husband be circumcised...as it lessens the rate ofcervical cancer in women.
Please ask questions as you assist many who are too shy.

TiLK

To all who wonder why I am interested in this topic although I am not muslim:

If you read whole post you see that I wrote "No, I am not and I will not be. I am also not muslim but I think I believe in God. I am trying to learn about Islam." I have a reason to think about Islam. I have a reason to imagine myself in the role of muslim. I relied on God in my life and I learnt I feel better. But I dont want to talk here about my personal reasons why I am trying to put myself in the role of muslim. I have a reason for that and I am trying here to solve questions I have. I am sorry for maybe being kind of rude but I dont want to talk with you about why I am asking this question. I am only looking for the answer.

:salam2:

Salam Alaikum Tilk

You asked was it a sin if you do not circumcise, yeah? It is a sin in Islam it is obligatory for a man/boy to be circumcised and and sunnah (mustahabb) better to do for a woman. But the man genital uncircumcised is unclean and during prayers you must make sure you are throughly cleansed and being uncircumcised can hold urine and that will make your prayers invalid along with other reasons.

Salam Sister Amirah80:blackhijab:
Thank you. Does it mean that I can make my sin smaller when I carefully keep cleanness in here?

By the way.. I was thinking about doing this to son. I know its easier to do it when he is a small baby. But isnt it much more fair to him to let him decide when he will be adult, if he wants it to be done to him? As a child he can not know if he wants to follow Islam. I will try to show him good example if this religion but I want to let him decide by himself when he will be older. But when I let him to be cutted as a child, he can not change it in the future.

TruthSeeker17

shaving of things

so you can shave ur pubic hair and ur armpit hair??? and this wont go against allah.........and im 17.....do i have to get circumcised??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.