Common sins, are you doing this? Check yourself!

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Assalamu alaikum WRWB (May Allah (SWT) blessings & mercy be on all of you)

My brothers & sisters in Islam here are few commonly done sins check yourself as in Islam every soul has to taste death and every soul is self accountable and no one can change you unless you want to change yourself. Out of the list see if there are any mistakes happening by you unknowingly and STOP it TODAY...May Allah (SWT) guide us to be a perfect slave of him & Ummatii of Muhammed (SAW) Ameen!

List of Common sins:

Hypocrisy

Changing the religion of Allah, by forbidding that which Allah has permitted or permitting that which He has forbidden

Not taking care to avoid getting urine on oneself, and spreading malicious gossip among people

Gheebah (backbiting)

Lying

Forsaking the Quran after having learned it, sleeping and missing an obligatory prayer

Consuming riba

Zina (adultery, unlawful sexual relationships)

Enjoining righteousness upon others and forgetting oneself

Breaking the fast in Ramadan with no excuse

Dragging one’s garment out of pride

Detaining animals and tormenting them and not being compassionate towards them

Debt

Jazak Allah Khair..
May Allah (SWT) forgive all our mistakes/sins and guide us to the straight path, the path of those who have received his grace & mercy Ameen!

Suhel28

Student of Deen
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet once passed by two graves and said, "These two persons are being tortured not for a major sin (to avoid). One of them never saved himself from being soiled with his urine, while the other used to go about with calumnies(to make enmity between friends)." The Prophet then took a green leaf of a date-palm tree, split it into (pieces) and fixed one on each grave. They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why have you done so?" He replied, "I hope that their punishment might be lessened till these (the pieces of the leaf) become dry." (Book #4, Hadith #217)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Debt is a sin? :/

No sister not taking debt.i remember reading about it in surah albaqara where ALLAH explains the rulz and regulation of debt.....

however taking and then refusing to pay back is a sin:)!!or may the brother was trying to say debt with interest.....

unless debt is not what i call qarz in urdu:)!!

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Is debt a sin?

alf2 - Debt is a sin? :/

Alhamdulilah,
A lot of people nowadays take debts and burden themselves taking great amount of moneys, someone for making a jorney or for pleasure.
Giving back the debt is an obligation for the Muslim and Muslims have to clean themeselves from debts. This issue (the debt) and neglection in giving back the debt is a great issue, so the Muslims should not take a debt except for a work that requires it.
Whether holidays or pleasure journeys are not necessary for the people. So we can not take debts just for pleasure and our family get into difficulties for paying it. Who is intelligent take debts only if he has a real need of this money.
'Abdullah b.Amr -radiallahu anhu- transmits that the Messenger of Allah -salallahu alayhi wa sallam- said:
"Every sin is forgiven to the Shahid, except the debt." (Muslim nr: 1886)

Ibn Abdul Berr said:
In this there is a proof that good deeds that are accepted pay (revenge) only the sins that are between the servant and his God, whether about the consequences of his deeds toward the people, he has to have Kisas (a deserved punishment). (Et-Temhid: 23/232)

Thauban -rahimehullah- heard that the Messenger of Allah -salallahu alayhy wa sallam- said:
"The one, that in the moment that his soul separates from the body is cleaned from three things will enter Jannah (Paradise) and they are: Proud, the debt and taking without permission from the loot of war (Al-Gulul)" ( Ahmadi in his book “Al Musnad” nr. 22423 and Nasai in his book “As Sunan Al Kubra” nr. 8764)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Alhamdulilah,
A lot of people nowadays take debts and burden themselves taking great amount of moneys, someone for making a jorney or for pleasure.
Giving back the debt is an obligation for the Muslim and Muslims have to clean themeselves from debts. This issue (the debt) and neglection in giving back the debt is a great issue, so the Muslims should not take a debt except for a work that requires it.
Whether holidays or pleasure journeys are not necessary for the people. So we can not take debts just for pleasure and our family get into difficulties for paying it. Who is intelligent take debts only if he has a real need of this money.
'Abdullah b.Amr -radiallahu anhu- transmits that the Messenger of Allah -salallahu alayhi wa sallam- said:
"Every sin is forgiven to the Shahid, except the debt." (Muslim nr: 1886)

Ibn Abdul Berr said:
In this there is a proof that good deeds that are accepted pay (revenge) only the sins that are between the servant and his God, whether about the consequences of his deeds toward the people, he has to have Kisas (a deserved punishment). (Et-Temhid: 23/232)

Thauban -rahimehullah- heard that the Messenger of Allah -salallahu alayhy wa sallam- said:
"The one, that in the moment that his soul separates from the body is cleaned from three things will enter Jannah (Paradise) and they are: Proud, the debt and taking without permission from the loot of war (Al-Gulul)" ( Ahmadi in his book “Al Musnad” nr. 22423 and Nasai in his book “As Sunan Al Kubra” nr. 8764)

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu...

yeah but how did any of that prove debt to be a sin akhi,not the debt for useless purposes that's a foolish thing to do but how is that haraam??

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

Sister I understand it like that:
If I take money from you then I die, I will be responsible for that in the Day of Judgement, because money are yours and it is your right to have them back.

That's why in a lot of Muslim countries or between Muslims in general, when the father a parent or a Muslim brother die and he had a debt toward other people, and he didn't pay it, they (the parents of the dead person) pay his debt.
So inshaAllah he will not be punished.
That's clear I think! If I am not wrong.
Assalamu alaykum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Sister I understand it like that:
If I take money from you then I die, I will be responsible for that in the Day of Judgement, because money are yours and it is your right to have them back.

That's why in a lot of Muslim countries or between Muslims in general, when the father a parent or a Muslim brother die and he had a debt toward other people, and he didn't pay it, they (the parents of the dead person) pay his debt.
So inshaAllah he will not be punished.
That's clear I think! If I am not wrong.
Assalamu alaykum

yes akhi alhumdulillah i'm very clear now.In that case it's a curse for the person.but on the whole one can take debt right.if i remember correctly the prophet:saw:took somthing from a jew or bedoin too.....

and how to take it when to return it etc.everything is mentioned in surah Albaqara.so it can't be a sin till it's returned with responsibilty and before death.that's what i got so hope i'm correct here.

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Assalamu alaikum WRWB (May Allah (SWT) blessings & mercy be on all of you)

Sorry brothers & sisters I was not available couldn't clarify early but thanks to besmiralalbani - May Allah (SWT) bless you for this Ameen!

Yes that is the sin what besmiralalbani has explained it is must for a muslim to return his debts and our Prophet Muhammed (SAW) said:

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 3, Book 41, Number 582:
Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle used to invoke Allah in the prayer saying, "O Allah, I seek refuge with you from all sins, and from being in debt." Someone said, O Allah's Apostle! (I see you) very often you seek refuge with Allah from being in debt. He replied, "If a person is in debt, he tells lies when he speaks, and breaks his promises when he promises."

Yes Seeking Allah's mercy you understood correctly thats what it is now a days many muslims take so much money that they're unable to return it and from their the lying and hiding, etc starts its better to avoid having debts and if we have its must we return a.s.a.p - rest Allah (SWT) knows best.

Jazak Allah Khair..
May Allah (SWT) forgive all our mistakes/sins and guide us to the straight path, the path of those who have received his grace & mercy Ameen!

your-sister

Masha'allaah brother. it is all clear for those who understand.
may Allah reward you for your effort n may we all take it an benefit from it insha'allah.