concerning friendship requests.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum to my brothers and sisters in Islam,

It's been a while since I've been here. I noticed something new. There's this option where one sends another a 'friendship request' and the other party has the option of accepting it or not.

I appreciate the offers I got from my brothers in Islam. I'd just like to make a point clear, though. I feel that it's not proper that men and women become 'friends' in such a manner. All Muslim sisters here are my sisters in Islam, and therefore it's better and more fitting than using this option.

I don't mean to be rude or harsh. I apologize if my words were understood in this way.

To soften up the atmosphere, there's this story of a man who divorced his wife when she participated in the show "Who wants to be a millionaire".

Why?

Because she telephoned a "friend".

**Warning: the story's just a joke!**

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Jaza kallahu khair for that message of truth i am so confused on this aspect and now you have cleared it for me jaza kallahu khair i hope i dont offend anyone in breaking "friends" with them but its in the interest of my akhirah inshallah May Allah forgive and guide us ALL ameen

:wasalam:

Bluegazer

By the way, the story of the "Who wants to be a millionaire" show was just a joke.

I was trying to diffuse any tensions.

I hope nobody really believed that it's an actual event....or did you????!!!

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
By the way, the story of the "Who wants to be a millionaire" show was just a joke.

I was trying to diffuse any tensions.

I hope nobody really believed that it's an actual event....or did you????!!!

LOL omg I did good u said it now cuz I was gonna pass it on

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

i agree with completely brother...i don't want to mention the usernames but if you're reading this then im sorry but just like the brother implied it's not a good idea, Allah SWT says "Stay away from zina" i.e don't go near it. Although some people might be thinking how will this lead to zina...trust me you'd be suprised about how many people hook up through the internet and it's very bad for a man's heart. once they get a friends request, they might want to know more about you, and then they might develop some sort of attractions towards your personality or charecteristics and so on
:jazaak: for bringing this up i was going to do this myself mashaAllah you beat me to it

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: to all my brothers and sisters :)

Sorry but i couldn't digest what was said!!!

if same concept was applied, then a male should not reply to another female's 'public' post (!because some feelings might ignite!?)... nor should a male be able to PM a female.... Nor should a male be able to check a female's profile... Nor should there be an open sister (or brothers) only to other sex... and Nor... and Nor... and Nor................... Until we have TTI_Brothers_Only.com and TTI_Sisters_Only.com.... LOL

can you see what i am trying to say???... If one doesn't fear Allah, then he/she doesn't fear Allah... Internet could be used in a bad or good way depends on ONE'S CHOICE....

I come to TTI to learn and share any good articles that i read... VERY NICE ENVIRONMENT here at TTI... I love you all for the shake of Allah :hearts:

wasalamo alaikom

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Well you can go to the highest levelof being strict about websites or anything else to that matter.... People will always abuse it and that's when it's all about choice...do good or do bad

Nurain

Waalaykumsalam brother

Lol I see some people fell for the job. Good thing you edited -- I would have fallen for it too!:p

Brother, you are absolutely right. We must not be flexible in this aspect... let the conversations between muslim brothers and sisters be out in the open public (i.e. forum) there will not be a "3rd party" in that way. Lets keep TTI the way it is, not to cut some slack with things which can be haraam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam walaikum Brother Bluegazer..

Oh you have made me so very happy. Please please start posting. Reading your posts is like savoring a meal prepared by your mother on Eid. The eleoquence of your wording and the detail of your research...I have missed you very much.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

I thank all for their participation in this thread.

To sister mirajmom, I thank you for your kind words. I believe you know that this is about the third time I 'returned' to this forum after trying to leave it. So far, I've been unsuccessful in actually staying away for good. However, I still can't post as much as I did before and I really have to stay away from those discussions that demand following up on replies and all that sort of business.

I hope all my brothers and sisters in Islam are well and healthy, and may Allah forgive us all and have mercy upon us. Aameen.

Assalamu Alaikum

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Assalamu Alaikum,

I thank all for their participation in this thread.

To sister mirajmom, I thank you for your kind words. I believe you know that this is about the third time I 'returned' to this forum after trying to leave it. So far, I've been unsuccessful in actually staying away for good. However, I still can't post as much as I did before and I really have to stay away from those discussions that demand following up on replies and all that sort of business.

I hope all my brothers and sisters in Islam are well and healthy, and may Allah forgive us all and have mercy upon us. Aameen.

Assalamu Alaikum

Thanks for the beneficial reminder about PMs/Friendships. I was a bit confused too, after TTI added new features.

IbnAhmad

I seriously think u are all completly bonkers!!!

So when you guys go to your workplace u never speak to the folk of the opp gender??? surely seeing eye to eye is worse!!!

ur tryin to say a male should not reply to another female's 'public' post (!because some feelings might ignite!?)... nor should a male be able to PM a female.... Nor should a male be able to check a female's profile... Nor should there be an open sister (or brothers) only to other sex... and Nor... and Nor... and Nor................... Until we have TTI_Brothers_Only.com and TTI_Sisters_Only.com.... LOL

can you see what i am trying to say???... If one doesn't fear Allah, then he/she doesn't fear Allah... Internet could be used in a bad or good way depends on ONE'S CHOICE....

and that stupid story of yours brother........ i mean at least get a decent 'joke' or 'story' to back up your point!!!!

THE POINT IS: IF U DONT LIKE THE WAY SOMEONE IS TALKING TO YOU COS YOU THINK IT CAN LEAD TO HAVIN 'SEX' WID THEM!!! THEN DONT REPLY OR BLOCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

for gods sake 'GET A LIFE'!!!!!

*PLEASE DON'T FEEL OFFENDED BUT THIS IS MY OPINION*

IbnAhmad

Assalamu Alaikum,

OMG U REPLIED TO A FEMALE!!!!DONT DO THIS IT WILL LEAD TO ZINA!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam,

Come on, I don't think there is anything wrong with befriending the opposite gender on TTI. So as long as you know the boundaries between what is haraam and halal, then I'd say why not? I am pretty sure most brothers and sisters will not cross the line, but if they do, just delete them from your list?

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

A word of advice for you Brother Abu Hurairah. You might want to consider editing your posts.

Assalamualaikum

IbnAhmad

Salaam,

Come on, I don't think there is anything wrong with befriending the opposite gender on TTI. So as long as you know the boundaries between what is haraam and halal, then I'd say why not? I am pretty sure most brothers and sisters will not cross the line, but if they do, just delete them from your list?

EXACTLY!! Jazakallah for that sis!!! :wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
I would agree with some ppl here and disagree with some
I think its ok to befriend a person of opposite sex as long as your intentions are sincere ... if something comes up u go away... it wud be so rude if u dont talk to female co-workers at work or something or at school
I think everyone should be polite and sincere in their intentions ... if a thought comes to ur mind than lower ur gaze ....

safiya58

I think we discuss sometimes about things wich are not relevant... but I don´t mean brother Bluegazer with starting this threat.. I´m speaking in general... when one fears for himself/herself that this (yani, befriending the opposite gender) could lead him/her to sin, then s(he) don´t have to do it.. and when one think it is ok than there is nothing wrong in that also... we shouldn´t get lost in the detail...

Status
Not open for further replies.