*CONFUSED* what should I do ???

helpinghumanity

First of all my dear brothers and sisters Jazakallah Khair for all your replies and concerns means a lot to me.

Wa-iyyakum sister

However don't let this incident create negative feelings in your heart and mind. Give that family thousand of reasons and let this incident be a matter of past. But do extract some positive lesson and implement those in the future.

Don't be quick in judging and before making any decision ask you brother or dad to conduct some research on the future spouse. In this modern age, all you need is a name and the complete biodata is presented in front of your eyes. I must share some techniques ..right..lol :)
Good Things Happen to Good People.

Believers thank Allah in the time of ease and they ask Allah for guidance and help during the time of difficulty ...so cheer up..

sweetshaama

Assalaamu Alaikum my dear brothers and sisters !

Jazakallah Khair for all your kind words, I feel so blessed Alhamdulillah. May Allah (Swt) bless you all with his endless mercy and blessings. InshAllah I am going to move out of this topic and post something new :)

sweetshaama

Assalaam alaikum,

I must humbly ask that you sister forgive me. I jumped all over you. I beg your forgiveness. I just want the whole world to be happy.

Well...the best things in life are always the lessons learned. So the family went shopping for a wife and left everyone hanging. I guess the red dot special was what they wanted. Who knows.

You now have more questions to ask for the next one. You are wiser. And you should be laughing at this one. You gotta a lot of brothers and sister making dua for you.

Now what is up with the new brother on the site. You are bold. I do not like the context of the hadith you used. Why the hate for women and marriage?

I do not like to see posts that polarize sexes. It does no good.

Dear sister Aapa, Wa'Alaikumussalam Warahmathullahi Wabarakathuhu

If this comment was meant for me then I would like to say please do not feel that way. Whatever the advice you gave me was wiser in the context of Islam. And I appreciate that. Jazakallah Khair :)

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualaykum!

Oh sister, Alhamdulilillah it is all over now. As Aapa said, you are all the more wiser now. with each experience we have in our lives, we build an encyclodedia to reference as we go along our path. So next time, you will want to ask more questions and not be deceived by his or his family's outward appearance.

Wish you all the best in the future. This issue of marriage isnt always simple, but InshAllah you will find a great Muslim partner, perfect for you :)

Yours is actually a great story of what happens when we trust Allah. a great example of the power of dua and Istikhara, patience and hope. like a flower from a green bud.... you never know whats inside but it opens itself and as each petal unfolds, it becomes beautiful...

a_stranger

First of all my dear brothers and sisters Jazakallah Khair for all your replies and concerns means a lot to me.

Secondly, we received a call from the guy's house saying that they were considering several proposals at once and they had to change their mind and go with another proposal. I think this is ridiculous because if that was the case WHY would they give the consent to my family. For me personally this whole concept of marriage in the modern world is rubbish and money orientated and there are very few selected people who look for the level of Deen in the person they are going to marry. Anyhow I am glad that this is over Alhamdulillah and I know whatever happened is for best.

One thing I am not able to figure out is that how come some people sound so knowledgeable about Islam but all what they do is completely contrary to Islamic Principles ? For example the guy I met, he was on about how pious his family is and that their main focus was Islam, he was quoting examples in life lived on the basis of Islamic principles, the women in his family were dressed in Abayas and the men with long beards, although appearance does not completely display the level of Deen, still one can connect the dots and come to a conclusion as to how pious a person could be. And on that basis I believed him to be religious, I decided I must give priority to that quality of him and say YES to the proposal but it all turned out the other way round. I am sorry I just had to vent it all out. Feel so much better now Alhamdulillah :)
:salam2:
Dear sister, you said at the start you felt uncomfortiable with the guy , you didn't like him , Who knows ? may be he felt your feelings ......sometimes our feelings are shown on our faces .....that is why he and his family went to other girl .......I think we should try to think in a positive way and find an excuse for our brothers and sisters.......I pray that Allah will give you a better chance and a husband whom you with rest to from the first time......

Dear as long as your Eman and trust is in Allah feel happy......may Allah protect you and your family and make you happy in Dunya and Aakira.