Confused

yasmine-78

Im a little confused what to read and from where.. So much information, and so diffrent then what people did told me before about islam.
I have been somwhere between (if its possible) for quit some time now. Before i meet my husband i was allready intrested in islam, now i find out i did hear so many wrong tings.. I find love and understanding where a thot it was hate and sorrow, i dont know how else to discribe it.
My husband took me to mosque, where i find peace and love like nowhwere else, just when hes praying i can find little of that peace. Did any one have same kind of feelings before they turn to islam?
Im struggling with my feelings, because i belive in my heart, i just dont have the courige to make shahada, im so afraid for doing mistakes and that i cant do enough(praying, arabic is dificult language). My husband is not pressuring me at all, its my own feelings that i need to do something, but dont know what. Im so confused about all this.

dianek

Im a little confused what to read and from where.. So much information, and so diffrent then what people did told me before about islam.
I have been somwhere between (if its possible) for quit some time now. Before i meet my husband i was allready intrested in islam, now i find out i did hear so many wrong tings.. I find love and understanding where a thot it was hate and sorrow, i dont know how else to discribe it.
My husband took me to mosque, where i find peace and love like nowhwere else, just when hes praying i can find little of that peace. Did any one have same kind of feelings before they turn to islam?
Im struggling with my feelings, because i belive in my heart, i just dont have the courige to make shahada, im so afraid for doing mistakes and that i cant do enough(praying, arabic is dificult language). My husband is not pressuring me at all, its my own feelings that i need to do something, but dont know what. Im so confused about all this.

I felt that way too, it is still so overwhelming. But take your time and take it day by day. I have not yet started doing formal prayers as i don't know how and my husband is overseas for a month more now. So I just pray the way I always have just me and God. He knows our intentions and where our hearts are. If you believe, take shahadda and then study and learn. If you are married to a devout muslim man, then I am sure you are not likely to fall short of God because of your knowledge, that is how I see it. We are not perfect creatures and he doesn't expect perfection to be obtained but strived for in his name. Inshallah, He will carry your burden, put your trust in him!

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Hi yasmine,

I am a revert as well as Diane, its a learning curve. No one knows Arabic (i still don't!) we all have to learn.

I started by saying the prayers in English so i can know what i am saying (if English isn't your first language you can put the prayer in your own language.) Once you have learnt the meaning and movements required in prayer you can then move on to learning how to do it in Arabic.

As Diane said no one is perfect, Allah knows that, thats why in the Holy Qu'ran it is stated that Allah is oftforgiving. Allah will be happy with your best attempts and know that you are doing your best to please Him.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Allah says in the Qura'an (sorry I don't have the exact verse)..that He (swt) had created some people with hearts which they do not comprehend with..eyes which they cannot see with..and ears which they cannot hear with..and they are so astray and so arrogant that even if Allah (swt) let's them see the truth..they don't take it..and choose the wrong path

yasmine..if you heart had surrendred to its Creator and wants to acknowledge Him..then why suppress that want?..especially if it brings nothing but peace and comfort to that heart..and thus to you?

shaytan wishes to exaggerate things in your mind..so you'd feel stressed and thus give up..and leave the truth altogether..because you'll think that you are too weak and undeserving of it..

dearest..do not reject the blessing that Allah has brought your way..He had opened your heart and your eyes to His Path..don't put minor obstacles in the way towards Him (swt)..

once you accept that Truth and once you take the first step onto that Path..more specifically..once you make the shahada with all sincerity..everything else will come your way..you are already concerned about prayer and other matters..and that is a very good sign..there are born-muslims who don't concern themselves with that!..so you have what many others lack..and that is the concern to be a *devoted servant* of Allah (swt)

I am a born-muslim..but was not practicing until about 3 years ago..and I (the born-muslim!) had to have someone *teach* me how to pray..and I had to write down all the details on a paper..and *practice-pray* and *memorize* all the steps and information..and now alhamduliallah (thanks be to Allah) I pray all on my own and it had become something very very easy..effort is key..so put effort into..and keep your intention present at all times

even if you struggle..that is ok..Allah (swt) knows and sees that you'll be trying..and He (swt) with all His Love and Mercy..will grant you reward for the efforts..struggles..and the accomplishment..He will reward you for it all..inshallah! (God Willing)..

and before the reward..He (swt) will be granting you help for sure..especially if you asked Him (swt) for it!..besides..how do you think all the *other* revert brothers and sisters got by?..surely with Allah's help first and foremost..their personal determination and effort..and the help of other brothers and sisters..

so don't worry..lead your heart where it wants to go..take it to Allah (swt)..allow it to *bear witness that there is no God but Allah*..Almighty Allah never leaves those who seek Him..those who find peace in Him..or those who love Him..Glory and Exalt be Unto Him!

I apologize for making this long..I just could not leave to class before writing something to you..and inshallah I will hear good news from you soon :)

and should you need any sort of help..please don't hesitate to ask for it..I will be more than delighted to provide you with it :)

Peace!

yasmine-78

Thanx for the answers.
Can i really pray in english or my own language? My husband keeps telling me i must learn arabic for praying.That is one reason why i hesitate to make shahada, i dont want to pray wrong, or say wrong in something so important. I hope God will see in my heart where my faith is now.

dianek

Thanx for the answers.
Can i really pray in english or my own language? My husband keeps telling me i must learn arabic for praying.That is one reason why i hesitate to make shahada, i dont want to pray wrong, or say wrong in something so important. I hope God will see in my heart where my faith is now.

While learning YES you can pray in English!!!!! OR you can pray behind your husband, have him say the words out loud and repeat them.....God knows your intentions!!!!!!!!!!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
While learning YES you can pray in English!!!!! OR you can pray behind your husband, have him say the words out loud and repeat them.....God knows your intentions!!!!!!!!!!
I agree...because what is the point of learning the Arabic if you don't understand it?
you're not going to be a parrot repeating what you hear..hehe
I think you should learn the English or learn in your native tongue first..and do practice prayers..or walk around and memorize....practice praying works better though
and I actually taught my brothers how to pray by saying the words out loud..and they would repeat everything after me..because we did that 5 times a day every day..it took them just over a week to learn everything and memorize it
and since they practically don't speak Arabic (especially Classic Arabic..that of the Qura'an)..they would be the closest thing to your situation :)

Inshallah it will come easy to you and you will learn in no time!

peace

Thanx for the answers.

Salaam Yasmine,

Be patient. Islam is a spiritual journey. You will learn things gradually, from your husband, his family, friends, possibly even classes, etc. I'm not Arab, but I've learned it by setting time in the day for myself and learning it. It's pretty easy. I think you will find this site real helpful, because it has it in Arabic, translation in English, transliteration in English, and the guy recites it in Arabic as well.

http://www.mounthira.com/

kayleigh

Salaam,

Someone once told me that it's better to die a Muslim, than a non-believer, even if you never practice it a day in your life. Islam is not an all or nothing religion. I was scared of saying my shahada for the same reasons, and since I have I realized it's the best thing I've ever done. If you believe it's right, then you shouldn't let anything stop you.

When you convert, you're not expected to know everything or know how to pray perfectly, or learn it all within a few days. You learn at a pace that works for you. And, if you're worried about praying - don't be. It'll be extra easy for you since you have your husband to teach you. Arabic isn't a hard language to memorize at all. I thought it would be but it was extremely easy for me. Don't worry about saying things wrong - it's your intention that matters.

Sakeena

Dear sister Yasmine...

Asalam alaikum Yasmine,
I'm a revert also, 3 years ago, I'm 18, I felt that peace when I was with my Muslim girl friend and when we talked ans she would tell me about Islam and the Prophet's (PBUH) family and I just loved it! When I finally realized that Islam is the Best/Perfect Religion, I said Shahadah as soon as I could and I kept it a secret from my family for a while... so believe me it wasn't easy for any of us, but we still made Shahadah because Allah (SWT) called us to HIS Religion and you should also know that there is nothing to fear, only fear ALLAH (SWT) and turn to Him. He subhan ala wa ta'ala will protect you inshallah.

Take care of yourself sister, :hearts: *hugs*

wasalam,

Sakeena :)

malikaraib

Salaam,

Someone once told me that it's better to die a Muslim, than a non-believer, even if you never practice it a day in your life. Islam is not an all or nothing religion. I was scared of saying my shahada for the same reasons, and since I have I realized it's the best thing I've ever done. If you believe it's right, then you shouldn't let anything stop you.

When you convert, you're not expected to know everything or know how to pray perfectly, or learn it all within a few days. You learn at a pace that works for you. And, if you're worried about praying - don't be. It'll be extra easy for you since you have your husband to teach you. Arabic isn't a hard language to memorize at all. I thought it would be but it was extremely easy for me. Don't worry about saying things wrong - it's your intention that matters.
salam malikom, i am a new muslim sister 2 months now and just could not get the hang of praying, i became so frustrated and annoyed with myself but my lovely husband helped me by letting me pray with him and he said it out loud so i could get used to it. I wrote everything down and read it from my book ,while praying i made a doaa and asked allah(swt) to forgive me for the funny way i was praying and asked if he(swt) could help me i refused to give up and finally i can now pray on my own in arabic. If i can do it let me tell you anyone can!!!! (ha ha) just keep at it and ask allah(swt) for his help and you will get it you only have to ask him(swt) GOODLUCK AND GODBLESS

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum,
Sister Yasmine, if you believe that Islam is the truth, take the shahadah now. Even if its just you with no one to witness but Allah. Because we never now much longer we have to live. Every day we learn something new, if you want to wait till you have learnt everything about Islam, maybe you will never get the chance. So like nike says ..just do it :)

Assalam Alaikum

Assalam Alaikum,
Sister Yasmine, if you believe that Islam is the truth, take the shahadah now. Even if its just you with no one to witness but Allah. Because we never now much longer we have to live. Every day we learn something new, if you want to wait till you have learnt everything about Islam, maybe you will never get the chance. So like nike says ..just do it :)

Assalam Alaikum

Salaam,

:lol::SMILY303:

You're absolutely right sister.