Converted??

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:
I was just wondering if there are lots of converted in this forum or not....
Please answer InshaAllah
:blackhijab:

visionusman

being content
Are converts better than people raised as muslims? Every human being has an opportunity of searching for the truth. The journey towards light and contentment need not be reserved for the reverts. The real question here is how many of us have risen over our false gods. Our envies, our jealousies, our prejudices and embraced the one true common value, which is taqwa and trust in Allah alone.

So we should really ask our selves whether we really draw inspiration from our revert brothers and sisters. They might have converted despite of what we the muslims are rather than because of us. Ours is a truly responsible position. The gift of emaan is so big that I sometimes wonder if I can thank the Lord enough. Even the parents of the messenger SAW and that of Ibraheem AS were not honoured by this faith. So let us all always be thankfull. Always!

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
visionusman,
nobody is better of the other!Astaghfirullah!It's just to ask and share experiences...InshaAllah

amyaishazouaoui

Are converts better than people raised as muslims? Every human being has an opportunity of searching for the truth. The journey towards light and contentment need not be reserved for the reverts. The real question here is how many of us have risen over our false gods. Our envies, our jealousies, our prejudices and embraced the one true common value, which is taqwa and trust in Allah alone.

So we should really ask our selves whether we really draw inspiration from our revert brothers and sisters. They might have converted despite of what we the muslims are rather than because of us. Ours is a truly responsible position. The gift of emaan is so big that I sometimes wonder if I can thank the Lord enough. Even the parents of the messenger SAW and that of Ibraheem AS were not honoured by this faith. So let us all always be thankfull. Always!

good point. so come one brothers and sisters. I got my strength and inspiration from the sahaba. They struggled so much with prejudice, with their families etc their whole lives. It is not as difficult now as it was then. Keep trying.

I converted because I had the messege of islam told to me and not because of the actions of the ummah.
Our duty is to convey the message of islam and not to "convert people", that is up to Allah. If you convey the message, you will be rewarded, and that is done in our actions throughout the day, and not just by talking to people. We are always being watched and judged, by non muslims.

Be good, dont do anything i wouldnt do, watch who's watching you and make sure your good deeds are far more than your not so good ones!!

:wasalam:

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
Subhaan Allah

:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :hijabi: :hijabi: :mashallah: :mashallah: :mashallah: Alhamdulilah......Allah chose me.....inshaallah to the right path!!!

zOaib

Sainte_786
Please answer InshaAllah

Salaam Wa Alaikum !!

just wanted to suggest kindly that i believe that when someone comes to ISLAM after being raised in a christians or any other religion , they are basically reverting back to their original state in which they were born as in muslims ......... i humbly request we should refer to them as reverts rather than converts .......... thank you.

(please do not take it as my criticism to you but in all honesty i find revert to be a sweeter word than a convert)

Jazza Kullu Khiar

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Please answer InshaAllah

I dont think visionusman's post is for you ukht1...
I think what he means is that all(Reverts and born muslims) of us are the same...
And we should not put reverts of a higher status than born muslims...
And i thought he made a general message not pinpointing to anyone..

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
I'm revert or convert ,I'm Muslim...........for 2 years alhamdulillah
but I agree with the point that we should not put those people who convert higher or differ from born muslims.A lot of times somebody starts admire me and taking me as a perfect person.I am not ,I have to strive to be better with every day....
wa salam

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I have heard born muslims saying reverts are meant to be better! How hard is that to live up to! I think we are all equal in the eyes of God