Cool & Easy-going Muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justoneofmillion

Salaam aleikum

I go with Umm Sofiane on this one. Maybe because I myself, I am a UmmSofiane too hehe...

But to be honest, some of the easiest people I know, are Algerians. Not the Algerians living abroad, but the ones in Algeria hehe... MashaAllah, I miss that country.

Of reverts, I must say, I like african-americans a lot. Not that I know so many hehe, but some, and they are cool.
Alhamdulillah thanks for this justice sis that is what i have been trying to tell them all the time but they don`t seem to get it:( haha :SMILY288: ...... that`s my dad`s country (rahimahoullah) and i miss going there so much strong,funny, stubborn,cheerful,and good looking people :cool: tahya AL Jazair!!!:SMILY252:

Sister_X

interesing question...

Well for "born muslim"i have to say, wait..aren't we all "born muslims? for Revert i have to say Canadians, no,African Americans, no,...causian Americans...no Europeans ,...no South Aferican..wait..i need time to think.....hmmm

AndiRB

brother , we beat our wifes , we are the most racists ,all of us have lost the deen, all of us are backward , all of us don`t speak "english" are not educated ,we are hidding in the west and slandering our brothers and sisters( NON ARABS!) who are giving their lives for this deen in palestine, iraq, chechenia, algeria,morrocco ,Egypt,afghanistan what else can i say ....waiting for others to teach me abt my race..lol how do you want us to be funny anyways ?the stage is left to the funny ones we have little to laugh about i guess these days .astaluego ! wassalam

Ha, ha, ha I am married to an arab-rasit-wife-beater ;) and I must say that he is one of the coolest person I've met in all my live - but maybe I only think that way because I'm a boring German convert and basically everybody is more funny than us "nazis". I'm German so sorry if I offend some of my fellow citicens with my strange way of humour.

Getting serious now: I have met so many cool muslims from the Maghreb - Morocco and Argelia - I vote for them for the moment, but thats for living in Spain and here are most of the muslims coming from that countries. Spanish and Latin American converts are really great people, too.

May Allah give us the possibility to meet all the cool muslims from all around the world here or in Jannah.

ShyHijabi

Hmmmm let's see

Born Muslims: Pakstani
Born Muslimahs: Pakistani
Revert Muslim: African American
Revert Muslimah: Don't know any besides myself and I'm not cool lol

~Sarah

justoneofmillion

Ha, ha, ha I am married to an arab-rasit-wife-beater ;) and I must say that he is one of the coolest person I've met in all my live - but maybe I only think that way because I'm a boring German convert and basically everybody is more funny than us "nazis". I'm German so sorry if I offend some o

May Allah give us the possibility to meet all the cool muslims from all around the world here or in Jannah.
assalam haha kein problem schwester ich bin auch ein halber Kartoffelfresser .(just kidding) die deutschen können doch manchmal witzig sein erinnere dich nur um die Weltmeisterschaft am letzten Sommer..lol:SMILY105: mag allah swt dich schützen schwester:)

wassalam

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Cool?

Samoan and Maori Muslims (from the pacific - where the 12 year olds are 6' 5'' tall). Salam alaikum.

AndiRB

assalam haha kein problem schwester ich bin auch ein halber Kartoffelfresser .(just kidding) die deutschen können doch manchmal witzig sein erinnere dich nur um die Weltmeisterschaft am letzten Sommer..lol:SMILY105: mag allah swt dich schützen schwester:)

wassalam

Salam Bruder,

das stimmt, die WM war richtig toll. lol :)
Möge Allah Dir wohlgefallen sein.

:wasalam:

apocalypse77

In many ways I feel that our Malaysian brothers and sisters are a model for the Muslim world. For one thing theyu're very well-rounded individuals, they tend to be pious and religious while at the same time remaining professional in the business world. They have made great strides with Islamic banking and are probably the most successful when it comes to implementing it.

Also, unlike many Arabs and South Asians, they tend to be very disciplined, logical people. They dont let their emotions get the best of them. For example during the whole cartoon fiasco of 2005; Malay Muslims simply did their part by boycotting Danish goods. They did not make fools of themselves by running around burning embassies and holding violent protests.

The Malay government also ttreis to implement aspects of Shariah on the Muslim population, but not so much on the Non-Muslims. Now obviously they're not perfect when it comes to that (as no one is these days) but IMO they do it in a lot more organized, less corrupt way than their Arab and South Asian counterparts.

Globalpeace

Banned
Malaysians, South-Indians & Sri-Lankans!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I LOVE travelling and observing people and their behaviours. I am a nobody in the grand-scheme of things but I want to stand in front of Allah (SWT) on the day of judgement & say that at least I did my best to analyse and decipher the ummah with the limited faculties that I was given.

I have been quietly observing some of the things that you have described in three different Muslim ethnicities for a while i.e.:

• Malaysians
• South Indians (unlike the rest of the Muslims from the sub-continent)
• Sri-Lankans (unlike the rest of the Muslims from the sub-continent)

Salman Rushdie, Iraq/Afghanistan war, Cartoons etc….and a pattern emerges in the behaviour of these three ethnicities.

You can see that they have a high-level of literacy and professionalism, very good family structure, good social values, they are practising (but don’t make a fuss/song-dance about it); they tackle issues head on with a cool & calculated minds & best is that they don’t go around labelling other Muslims as deviants or slack in practising etc. Fatwaas coming out of their worlds are very well balanced!

They seem to have grasped the balance of practising Islam with a very forward outlook on things and that is rare in 2007!

Now, I am not saying that they are perfect but its refreshing to see, that’s for sure. I am also NOT saying that we shouldn't follow Qur'aan/Sunnah :astag: :astag: :astag: (although a post sooner or later to that affect will follow; implicitly stating the complete opposite of what I am suggesting :SMILY288: );all I am saying that its a Model worth looking at....& I hope that I will not get shot down in flames for suggesting that.

So I have been thinking for many years as to what is the connection? What is the missing link? And in mind I made the connection which was later substantiated by...

Dr Zakir Naik invited his mentor Dr Israr Ahmed to India for a bunch of talks and Dr Israr Ahmed on his return to Pakistan specifically addressed a press-conference and its on his web-site! where he specifically makes the connection and says that basically these guys (he doesn’t talk about Sri-Lankans) became Muslims because of Dawah of Arab traders (& Not Jihad); and he says by definition a trader is good-humoured, well natured, friendly etc. etc. etc. Then he makes analysis of social patterns of HOW Islam spread from Madina into 4 different directions and the patterns emerging in people’s personalities. It’s an interesting talk in Urdu and Dr Israr Ahmed is very good at what he does!

P.S: It is not my intention to hurt anyone’s feelings (including my own countrymen i.e. Pakistanees and our brothers in emotions i.e. Arabs) these are my humble thoughts, that’s all. Reverts! well they just seem to be copying things around them and adopting social patterns & thats a DAMN SHAME!

P.P.S: I have NEVER called any other Muslims wife-beaters; that seems to have come from others. :) I am certainly NOT a racist; although I have some very strong views about things and not afraid to express them.

In many ways I feel that our Malaysian brothers and sisters are a model for the Muslim world. For one thing theyu're very well-rounded individuals, they tend to be pious and religious while at the same time remaining professional in the business world. They have made great strides with Islamic banking and are probably the most successful when it comes to implementing it.

Also, unlike many Arabs and South Asians, they tend to be very disciplined, logical people. They dont let their emotions get the best of them. For example during the whole cartoon fiasco of 2005; Malay Muslims simply did their part by boycotting Danish goods. They did not make fools of themselves by running around burning embassies and holding violent protests.

The Malay government also ttreis to implement aspects of Shariah on the Muslim population, but not so much on the Non-Muslims. Now obviously they're not perfect when it comes to that (as no one is these days) but IMO they do it in a lot more organized, less corrupt way than their Arab and South Asian counterparts.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Hmmmm let's see

Born Muslims: Pakstani
Born Muslimahs: Pakistani
Revert Muslim: African American
Revert Muslimah: Don't know any besides myself and I'm not cool lol

~Sarah

Best Born Muslims: Pakistanis and Malaysians
Beast Born Muslims: Pakistanis

Best Born Muslimahs: Pakistanis and Malaysians
Beast Born Muslimahs: Pakistanis

Best revert Muslims: Africans, Canadians, Australians
Best revert Muslimahs: Dont know.

Wassalaam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

AssalaamuAlaikum,

I happened to meet two Malaysian Muslimahs. They are very decent, but they dont know any thing to distinguish between Muslims and nonMuslims. They treat them equally. I was sometimes pissed by their "all time happy happy" attitude. This world is not a paradise unfortunately. We have to have something special for our Muslim brothers and sisters as compared to what we give to our nonMuslim fellows. Only those Muslims are more awaken about the nonMuslims' conspiracies who are somehow victims of that.

I ranked Pakistanis to be among best along with Malaysians while the Pakistanis are worst too. It has a deep meaning, try to grasp that. If you dont get it then contact 911.... I mean reply me.

Wassalaam.

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

Coolest raised muslims..lol yeah Malaysians..I'm biased..my hubby is from Malaysia. Muslimahs..algerians. Converts..hey I am one. Male..haven't seen any good examples..sorry..female..african american women are great..love the sistas in Detroit!

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E:hijabi:

Sister_X

wait, wait,..I take that back...Malcolm X is a great example.

That is most definitely true, Malcolm was the coolest of the cool crew. Seriously, he is the man who change America. some people say that Martin Luther King, Jr was the one that changed America because he made a speach about how he has "..a dream", but i beg to differe.

.... by the way has anyone mentioned Egyptians?? in my humble opinion i believe they are the Presidents of the easy-going company, one of my great friends is an Egyptian....hmmm i'm not sure if i'm being completely bias on this one. One a positive note, there is a saying that goes like "if you want to be content live in Egyp"...hold on...what is the ruling on when words become a "saying"? i mean if i say it does it make it a "saying"?:confused:

apocalypse77

AssalaamuAlaikum,

I happened to meet two Malaysian Muslimahs. They are very decent, but they dont know any thing to distinguish between Muslims and nonMuslims. They treat them equally. I was sometimes pissed by their "all time happy happy" attitude. This world is not a paradise unfortunately. We have to have something special for our Muslim brothers and sisters as compared to what we give to our nonMuslim fellows. Only those Muslims are more awaken about the nonMuslims' conspiracies who are somehow victims of that.

I ranked Pakistanis to be among best along with Malaysians while the Pakistanis are worst too. It has a deep meaning, try to grasp that. If you dont get it then contact 911.... I mean reply me.

Wassalaam.

what ure saying is of no surprise to me..ive had as many muslim and non muslim frens here in singapore and we get along so well..im proud that our government has doen alot to instill racial harmony and religious tolerance in our country..i dont see my mon muslim frens as anything "different" . but that doesnt mean ill join them to go clubs, drink alcohol or watch girls in bikinis etc

you dont know how happy i am to live here..esp since in my class there are more non muslims so i mix with non muslims more..my non muslim frens will sometimes ask me if i need to go to pray and they can wait for me..and they are very considerate and theyll ask if im sure i wana eat at that place cos they dont know if there is halal food there or not

ive to admit the standards of living here is very high, but religious and racial harmony here is something i wouldnt wana trade if i were to migrate to any other country

what i dont really like abt the muslims here is they fail to see the universal spirit of islam and they still see islam as a "religion for the malays" and they dont let non malays to touch or buy the quran cos "theyre filthy"..and they tend to mix culture with religion as usual..they pray and fast but they dont exactly know what the hell theyre doing

Globalpeace

Banned
GP in Norway!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

This may not answer your question; but I will go off a tangent; anyways! :)

A few of us Muslim friends go backpacking every year to somewhere; so we decided to go to Norway and get to Hammerfest; which is the NORTHERNMOST town in the world!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerfest

We plan and Allah (SWT) plans and Allah (SWT) is the best of the planner.

So we planned, got our camping gear, equipment and 4 of us landed in Norway; unknown to us there were supposed to be 4 Scholars from UK getting to Norway around this time.

We always try to visit the local Mosques wherever we go so Norway was no different; we got to the Mosque and we were welcomed with open Arms and 2 of our group were offered to lead the Salah (as they were Hafidh of Qur’aan) and then we were asked to give a talk after Esha & Fajar; we still didn’t know what was going on and explained that we were just visiting Norway (trying to get to Hammerfest) but because we spoke Urdu, Punjabi, English, Arabic; no one listened.

So I gave the first talk after Esha and then we ate & then we lead the Salah after Fajar (another talk followed), next thing we know the Mosque had informed another Mosque on the way to Hammerfest…So we HAD to stop there the next day; again told everyone that we are NOT Scholars; but nobody believed us!

Hammerfest was now impossible…Our schedule had been severely derailed and there was little point in insisting and arguing with the Muslims!

Mosque after Mosque followed; being Imams, giving talks…trying to refute to NO AVAIL!

Eventually the night before leaving Oslo ; we were told to visit the Mosque in Oslo and they again welcomed us with open arms till about 12:30 in the cold Oslo night when we were kicked out on the Street; I suppose for impersonating Scholars! We were sick & tired of telling everybody but no one believed us (2 Hafidh and speaking multiple languages etc.)

My friends were furious at the whole thing but we didn’t want to make a scene so we left; we had no Hotel bookings at the time and nowhere to go on a bank-holiday in Norway; tried a few hotels and didn’t get any rooms…. camping sites were closed; student hostels were occupied….

So the night was spent in a ditch next to a FJORD in COLD (this was March in Norway)! We found an abandoned grocery store and found card-board boxes which we smashed and put on ice-cold ground, then put our tent up and then put all our clothes & multiple socks; slept on the belly (with our fists supporting the body OFF the ground) but it was still DEAD COLD!

In Fajar we did Wudhu with cold FJORD water and prayed on a broken boat.
Back to your question; Norwegians are really friendly people (Kuffar & Muslims) who don’t take NO for an answer…just don’t impersonate Scholars in Norway!

Reverts (brothers) were really down to Earth, humble…just like a typical Norwegian…

We found Norway to be serene, clam, domesticated…

Never met a revert Muslimah; but I suppose they would be a lot like a Norweigian Non-Muslim woman; I suppose.

In the end the trip COST a lot of money because we made sure that we kept putting our hotel money, expenses in the Mosques; we got to see tons of Muslims; gave few Islamic talks; spoke to a lot of youngsters, met a whole bunch of Muslims; travelled 2000 + KM in Norway and spent a night in the Cold….

Overall good trip…We still got pictures; we will be going again next year & this time we will get to Hammerfest, Insha'Allah.

What about norwegian muslims????????

Status
Not open for further replies.