Creating Thread after Thread on a misconception? LOL

a_stranger

True inspiration.

:salam2:

An-Nisa [4:163]
إِنَّا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ كَمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى نُوحٍ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ مِن بَعْدِهِ وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإْسْحَقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالأَسْبَاطِ وَعِيسَى وَأَيُّوبَ وَيُونُسَ وَهَارُونَ وَسُلَيْمَانَ وَآتَيْنَا دَاوُودَ زَبُورًا

Inna awhayna ilayka kama awhayna ila noohin waalnnabiyyeena min baAAdihi waawhayna ila ibraheema waismaAAeela waishaqa wayaAAqooba waalasbati waAAeesa waayyooba wayoonusa waharoona wasulaymana waatayna dawooda zabooran

4:163 We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms.

a_stranger

True inspiration.

18:110 Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah. whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.

a_stranger

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Translation of the meanings of Quran 5:3

JenGiove

so when we die we can see them. But will God disclose the ghayb in the absolute sense or its keys and the beyonds and the secret to creation/destruction to us?

To my limited knowledge about this subject (meaning I looked up the word ghaib at http://www.islamic-dictionary.com/index.php?word=ghaib )......the answer to what Creator will disclose to us is ALSO ghailb...unknown....blind faith (why is that phrase coming up so much for me today...hmmm...)

Its interesting to wonder, but you also need to learn other things. This is a question that has no answer. Just like "What does god look like?" We won't know till we get there...and even then, we don't even know if we will be shown. What if he is still too holy for us to see? This is the moment you say...I'll know when I know if I'm supposed to know it.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,
I didnt think I would come back to this thread, but I just felt compled to say something.

Sister JenGiove, your definition of ghaib is partually correct.....but my belief is it cannot be synonmys to "blind faith." Ghaib is the unseen or unknown....just because we dont know how air looks like does not mean we're following blindly the scients who say air exists. Same with Islam.....no Muslim should follow Islam blindly which is why the prophet may peace and blessings be upon him said "seeking knowledge is obligatory upon EVERY Muslim!!" This proves that Islam prevents blind following....and if it allowed, our Ummah (nation) would have been a nation of ignorance!
The word ghaib has NOTHING to do with blind following or blind faith, it simpy means that which is kept or hidden from our eyes.
I hope I make sense insha'Allaah...
I seek Allah's forgiveness if I said anything wrong, ameen

All praise and thanks is to Allaah who created all things and to him we shall return.

JenGiove

Sister,
I apologize for the misunderstanding but I had JUST finished replying to a post to ayman1 in the thread about "Contradictions in the Qur'an" about what I meant in regards to "blind faith"....hehe...it just carried over into this one. I'm sorry for the confusion.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
ohh....ok... it happenes!! :)

no worries then insha'Allaah.....!
you take care, have a nice day/night or whatever time it's for you:)

Salaam

True_Sultan

A logical believer
The current time in Frederick, MD, USA is......

5:30pm

Awesome from canada here :D

ohh....ok... it happenes!! :)

no worries then insha'Allaah.....!
you take care, have a nice day/night or whatever time it's for you:)

Salaam

Sister,
I apologize for the misunderstanding but I had JUST finished replying to a post to ayman1 in the thread about "Contradictions in the Qur'an" about what I meant in regards to "blind faith"....hehe...it just carried over into this one. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Its all good

Assalaamu alaikum,
I didnt think I would come back to this thread, but I just felt compled to say something.

Sister JenGiove, your definition of ghaib is partually correct.....but my belief is it cannot be synonmys to "blind faith." Ghaib is the unseen or unknown....just because we dont know how air looks like does not mean we're following blindly the scients who say air exists. Same with Islam.....no Muslim should follow Islam blindly which is why the prophet may peace and blessings be upon him said "seeking knowledge is obligatory upon EVERY Muslim!!" This proves that Islam prevents blind following....and if it allowed, our Ummah (nation) would have been a nation of ignorance!
The word ghaib has NOTHING to do with blind following or blind faith, it simpy means that which is kept or hidden from our eyes.
I hope I make sense insha'Allaah...
I seek Allah's forgiveness if I said anything wrong, ameen

All praise and thanks is to Allaah who created all things and to him we shall return.

ouch sis, your first sentence hurt me, great.....:(

To my limited knowledge about this subject (meaning I looked up the word ghaib at http://www.islamic-dictionary.com/index.php?word=ghaib )......the answer to what Creator will disclose to us is ALSO ghailb...unknown....blind faith (why is that phrase coming up so much for me today...hmmm...)

Its interesting to wonder, but you also need to learn other things. This is a question that has no answer. Just like "What does god look like?" We won't know till we get there...and even then, we don't even know if we will be shown. What if he is still too holy for us to see? This is the moment you say...I'll know when I know if I'm supposed to know it.

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Translation of the meanings of Quran 5:3

:salam2:

An-Nisa [4:163]
إِنَّا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ كَمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى نُوحٍ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ مِن بَعْدِهِ وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإْسْحَقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالأَسْبَاطِ وَعِيسَى وَأَيُّوبَ وَيُونُسَ وَهَارُونَ وَسُلَيْمَانَ وَآتَيْنَا دَاوُودَ زَبُورًا

Inna awhayna ilayka kama awhayna ila noohin waalnnabiyyeena min baAAdihi waawhayna ila ibraheema waismaAAeela waishaqa wayaAAqooba waalasbati waAAeesa waayyooba wayoonusa waharoona wasulaymana waatayna dawooda zabooran

4:163 We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms.

Salam a_stranger, I love though's verses they make me feel better =)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anybody have a dream or intuition to share? :)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
ouch sis, your first sentence hurt me, great
Brother, I never meant to hurt you.....the least I would wish is to hurt any muslim. I appoligize for what I have said. I simply stated that because I dont have anything much to say concerning your "aspirations" and I said what I needed to say in my previous reply. So, you can see where I am coming from there.

Insha'Allaah......you understand

Salaam

PS: sister JenGiove, our timing is so close.....you're one hour or so ahead of us:)

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Brother, I never meant to hurt you.....the least I would wish is to hurt any muslim. I appoligize for what I have said. I simply stated that because I dont have anything much to say concerning your "aspirations" and I said what I needed to say in my previous reply. So, you can see where I am coming from there.

Insha'Allaah......you understand

Salaam

PS: sister JenGiove, our timing is so close.....you're one hour or so ahead of us:)

:p Oh, then its all good sister :) so what u guys up to these days? don't yuh guys have aspirations :) :D