Curious Question

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
There No God But Allah s.w.t and Propthet Muhammad (s.a.w)is Allah (swt)'s Messenger.

Hello. A question has come to my mind and I hope that it can be answered.

Is it acceptablefor someone who is not yet Muslim to follow the practices of Islam if the person has serious convictions towards Islam and Allah? In other words, if a person has begun to believe that the Qur'an is the word of Allah, Muhammad is his last prophet, Allah is the only God with no partners, and Islam is his prefect religion, but has not become a Muslim (not sure how to say what I mwan here), is it acceptable for them to adhere to the rules, laws, and practices of Islam, such as not partaking in anything considered haraam, preforming the five obligatory prayers daily, or fasting for Ramadan?

I believe I have used the correct words. If I have not, please gently correct me. And please forgive me if my question offends anyone. I am just a very curious person trying to find the truth and believes I have finally found the right path to that truth. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assalamu'alaikum
Greeting!
Ms Mehi,

Masha'allah!
Masha'allah!
Masha'allah!
Say the shahadah!
[url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com] [/URL]
[url=http://www.familylobby.com] [/URL]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
"Verily Allah(swt) will never change the condition of a people until they change themselves" (13:11)"

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah(swt) is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah(swt) is Knowing and Acquainted.
[The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 49 (Al-Hujurat) : Verse 13]

Dearest Ms mehi,
The not sure is obviously due to the disturbances of shaithan(satan).

You have already come to the point of becoming a muslim
please welcome back to Islam.
Take care!
~Wassalam

Isra

aka Tree2008
Sister Irsa? Ok, I will message her and see what she says. Thank you for that suggestion.

I have a serious love for music. It is one of my passions that I turn to when I am depressed. I love my flute. Thirteen years it has been with me. I do not know if I could go my life without it, without music. Although I have noticed that while listening to online verbal versions of the Qur'an, it sounds a lot like music to me. It sounds as beautiful to me as any songs I have ever played on my flute, on my keyboard, or sang from my own mouth.

Hi Im the Isra brother IbnAdam77 said you should talk to. I think brother wanted you to talk to me because just 3 years ago I was in your same situation! I was searching for the truth and I had joined many Christian churches before learning about Islam.

Once I discovered Islam (or Islam discovered ME however the case may be) I couldnt get enough information. I looked everywhere on the internet and when I found this site TTI I felt as if I found my home. The brothers and sisters here are so warm and helpful and they answered most of my questions. Whenever I have a question still to this day I come here first to get my answer and there is always a kind brother or sister here to help!

About music.....yes it is haram according to MOST of the scholars I have heard from. The reason it is haram is because it takes the mind away from the remembrance of Allah. Let me give you a good example: just think back to the time you heard your favorite song on the radio or that catchy little tune off of a television commercial. Then think about now. I bet if you think about it and not even too hard you can get the tune in your mind right this minute.

That is one of the ways the shaitan gets into your brain and removes the remembrance of Allah. You are obviously not thinking of anything but that song when it pops into your head! The shaitan LOVES that! His sole purpose is to pull you as far away from remembering Allah as he possibly can. He takes great pleasure in doing so too and he laughs at us whenever he is able!!!!!

You see the shaitan has vowed to Allah that he will misguide all of his servants so that he wont burn in the hellfire alone. Allah forced iblees (proper name for shaitan) to leave paradise for not prostrating (bowing) to Adam when Allah commanded him to. So iblees vowed to Allah that he would misguide all of his servants. Allah gave iblees a reprieve and told him that he will burn in the hellfire and whoever of his servants follows iblees will burn in the hellfire with him.

The shaitan uses many different ways to trick us into following him and music is one of his favorite instruments of making us away from Allah. Having said all of that I must tell you that music has been my hardest struggle as well since I took my shahada 2 years ago! I LOVE music and always have. I have fought within myself so much about this subject over the few years since becoming Muslim! I have to admit it has been a struggle I have lost many times until just recently actually!!!

A couple weeks ago my husband bought me a mini mp3 player which records music off the internet and you can play it while you travel or whenever. It came equip with earplugs and a charger so your music doesnt bother anyone else and you can recharge it and NEVER be without music!!!!! Oh what a lovely thing!!!! The shaitan must have been rolling on the floor laughing when my husband presented me with my "gift"!!!! Let me tell you........from day 1 that mini mp3 player gave me nothing but trouble!!!! Still I perservered in trying to use it! I finally got it working and I had one whole day of bliss listening to my music for the entire 3 hour bus ride from my home to my in laws house! I had never been happier on that bus ride!

As soon as we reached the in laws house I plugged in the charger because the mini mp3 player needed to be charged after the 3 hour bus ride. It was plugged into the charger in the wall and suddenly the light in the kitchen blew so my husband went to replace the bulb and shut off the power to the kitchen and living room (where my charger was plugged in) and BLEW UP MY CHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it!!!!!!! Everything else in the house was fine but my charger was dead! And what a horrible death it had too!

At first I was so angry and my husband kept saying he would replace it but then I thought about how much trouble I had with that thing since he gave it to me and I couldnt help myself I started to laugh! I looked up at the ceiling and said "Yes Allah I got the message"! You see.......music is haram so I had no business having the mp3 player to begin with!!!! :lol:

Another thing I wanted to mention to you that nobody else seemed to have addressed is that you mentioned you fed the pork you had left in your house to your fiancee. In Islam it is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry any man unless he is Muslim. Muslim men can marry pious Christian or Jewish women but women are only allowed to marry Muslim men. I just thought you should know that.

If you have any questions or feel that I can be of help to you in any way please feel free to PM me or ask on the board here and I will do my best. Just remember I am a "newbee" to Islam myself so I might not be able to help with technical questions. But maybe you can identify with me since Im new to Islam too. I can share my journey with you if you'd like.

Take care and welcome to TTI the best place for Islamic information in my opinion!

Wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Just so you will not be confused..Although Muslim men can marry women from the Books..it must be understood that the children will be Muslim.

Men can revert to Islam and marry Muslim women. I have seen that done.
Don't pass out folks..it happens. Muslim women are beautiful.

mehitora

Thank you, Isra, for taking the time to talk to me. I gladly appreciate it. I think I will PM you. I have been told that Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslim men. What I am in is a regrettable relationship that went further than it should have. More on that later. (I never liked pork anyways. I only fixed it because everyone around me loved it.)

Thank you, Aapa, for that information. I seriously doubt my fiancee would ever come to Islam so my coming marriage to him will most likely never happen. Though it is nice to know now that I do not have to marry him and I can do what I have to without marrying him. I really had thought there was no hope any more and I had to do it. Silly me.

And thank you, thank you, Perseveranze, for those links. I am sure they will prove just as helpful as everyone here has been.

Just a note, after an incident that happened today, I believe I am ready to say Shahada. Just not sure if I can say it knowing my situation. And I have taken to wearing a head scarf. It's not hijab, but it is a step in the right direction.

One more thing, for dinner last night I tried making the filled potato balls with the recipe I found in the Five Star Kitchen section. I must say they turned out great and so delicious.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Peace be upon you,
Sister,mashaAllah!If you are ready to say shahadah then you should say it,because as I said earlier life is quite unpredictable and we never know when angel of death visits us.Allah says to us in the Qur'an ::
O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims [in submission to Him].(Qur'an 3:!02)

May Allah make it easy for you and grant you strength.Ameen.

lerizi

To Imagine, this all started with the dedication of one man, the Prophet (Peace be upon him), his struggles, trials and tribulation. His blood, sweat, tears and of coarse with the will of Allah and the gift of Islam from Allah is what has brought all of us together. Alhamdulilah (Thank God).

Do let us know once you have taken the Shahada.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves." - Prophet Muhammed (Peace be Upon Him), The Last Sermon

Your situation and the way Islam finds it's way into the hearts and minds of people also must remind us muslims of a Chapter in the holy Quran:

Iza jaa nasru Allahi waalfathu (When, comes the Help of Allah, and Victory,) Waraayta alnnasa yadkhuloona fee deeni Allahi afwajan (and thou dost see the People enter Allah's Religion in crowds,) Fasabbih bihamdi rabbika waistaghfirhu innahu kana tawwaban. (Celebrate the Praises of thy Lord, and pray for His Forgiveness: for He is Oft-Returning [in Grace and Mercy]). Surah An Nasar (Chapter, The Succour)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh (May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon you)

JazakiAllahu khairan katheeran dear sister Isra for passing by and making such a wonderful contribution here. Do you mind if I take some points from your Music story when I teach my students and/or when speaking to others on Music? Truly it is so inspiring. :)

Just a note, after an incident that happened today, I believe I am ready to say Shahada. Just not sure if I can say it knowing my situation. And I have taken to wearing a head scarf. It's not hijab, but it is a step in the right direction.

MashaAllah!! MashaAllah!! I am soooooooo happy!! :) :)

Sister you can choose a sister from here and take the Shahada with her even by chatting or shall I say skype will be wonderful for that? :) Later you can officially make it at the Mosque or an Islamic Center, to register yourself in your new faith inshaAllah. :)

I really remember when I learnt the true Islam from so many misconceptions I had when I was just 14. Long ago yeah?!! But really Allah is the Greatest.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh (May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon you)

JazakiAllahu khairan katheeran dear sister Isra for passing by and making such a wonderful contribution here. Do you mind if I take some points from your Music story when I teach my students and/or when speaking to others on Music? Truly it is so inspiring. :)

Wa alaikome salam

Jazakallah khairan dear brother ibnadam77 for your kind words and thank you for thinking of me to mention me to the new possible revert. She has PMed me and we are having a nice Islamic discussion!

Feel free to use any part or all of my story about music dear brother! I posted it to show its not easy to give up something you love but Allah has ways of protecting you even if you dont think you need protection!! I gave up music finally and actually I dont miss it as much as I thought I would. Alhamdulillah

wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
Sister you can choose a sister from here and take the Shahada with her even by chatting or shall I say skype will be wonderful for that? :) Later you can officially make it at the Mosque or an Islamic Center, to register yourself in your new faith inshaAllah. :)

As salamo alaikome

Actually IbnAdam77 is correct in saying you can take your Shahada over skype or on the internet and he is also correct in saying you can later officially take your shahada again at the local Mosque but that is not required for women. Men are required to register but its optional for women. That is due to in the case a man wishes to marry a Muslim woman. In most Islamic countries it is necessary for a revert man to show proof of his reversion to Islam before the marriage can take place. At least thats how it is here in Morocco but lucky for me it is not necessary for a revert woman to prove her reversion since it is ok Islamically for a Muslim man to marry a Christian or Jewish woman. Alhamdulillah

wa salam

mehitora

Kashif, yeah, life is really unpredictable.

Lerizi, I will be sure to let everyone know the moment I say Shahada.

IbnAdam, I don't have skype so that is out of the question, but everything will work out in time. When the time comes, it will all work out.

Isra, thank you for taking the time to help me. You are so sweet. I can see why you were mentioned to me as well.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
From my understanding, there are three essential things here;

1. Believing that God is ONE, and has no partners.

2. Believing in the Prophethood of Muhammad(pbuh). You'd also believe that God sent messengers before the Prophet aswell, such as Jesus(pbuh), Moses(pbuh) etc.

3. Believe that the Quran is the word of God and the contents within.

If you believe those three, geniunly believe it in your heart - then your a Muslim. You might not say your Muslim, you might not call yourself a Muslim, but by definition you are a Muslim. In such a case one should say their Shahada (testimony of faith).

Now whether your a good Muslim or a bad one, pretty much depends on Salah, Zakat etc. If your forced or put in a situation where you can't fullfill your duties as a Muslim, then no blame is put on to you.

:salam2:

That was pretty much what I was told by a brother before I took shahada. I already read Qur'an, prayed to Allah and Allah alone, and believed in the prophets and messengers. I was already a Muslim, I just hadn't taken shahada yet.

mehitora

It is interesting to know that one can be Muslim before saying Shahada. I feel like I can take some time I need to get to know Allah before making a decision on it. I know I shouldn't take too much time, but I feel like I do need a little bit.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Good idea. When you take shahada it is a change of life. There is no turning back. You have to be certain.

Although some suggest you can take shahada over the internet I recommend you do not. That is like getting married over the internet.

Remember in Islam the soul of woman has as much substance as that of a man.

When you stand before Allah on the Day of Judgment..we are not going to be bodies but souls.

There are many threads on TTI on shahada. Take a moment to go through them.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

Remember, you are already on the right path as far as Allah is concerned. You may not have taken shahada yet, but if you were to die in this state, you would be considered a believer.

That is what the brothers told me when I was visiting the masjid before taking shahada.

lerizi

Apaa,
When you say "When you stand before Allah on the Day of Judgment..we are not going to be bodies but souls." That is not correct.
Dont mean any disrespect, just want to clarify that indeed the Bodies will be resurrected...
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘What is between the two Trumpet-blasts will be forty.’ Somebody asked, ‘Forty days?’ But I could not answer. Then he asked, ‘Forty months?’ But I could not answer. Then he asked, ‘Forty years?’ But I could not answer.” Abu Hurayrah added, “Then (after this period) Allah will send water from the sky and then the dead bodies will grow like vegetation grows. There is nothing of the human body that does not decay except one bone; that is the little bone at the end of the coccyx from which the human body will be recreated on the Day of Resurrection.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4651; Muslim, 2955).

Just FYI

lerizi

some more evidence... That indeed we will be resurrected, body and soul:

"God begins creation, then He renews it, and after that causes it to return to Him" (30:11).

"Does man imagine that We will not gather together his bones? We are able to recreate even the tips of his fingers" (75:3-4).

"Say: `He will give life to the bones Who created them for the first time; certainly He is aware of all His creation." (36:79).

"God will certainly resurrect the dead from their tombs" (22:6).

All verses of the Quran, and all knows best...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I understand the resurrection. What I was implying is the questioning will be to the substance of our being. Our souls. Our bodies will be a witness to our intentions and actions.
If granted heaven we will be transformed.
Thanks.