Video David Gustave From Ghetto To Islam. Ghetto "Rude Boy" to Humble Muslim

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
David Gustave From Ghetto To Islam. Ghetto "Rude Boy" to Humble Muslim

Dave comes from a tough background. He grew up in the rough streets of South London getting into a lot of fights. But, it was not much of a problem for he was six feet four and sixteen stone!! (around 101 kilos)

He was the son of an Irish Roman Catholic mother and a Carribbean Catholic dad - He was very smart and he won a place at Oxford University, one of the top and most prestigious universities in the world. It was there that David converted to Islam and turned a new chapter in his life.

In this short film, David's friend Barnaby Lankester-Owen narrates and speaks to the man who went from ‘rude boy’ to Muslim.
[prbreak]Watch the Video.. [/prbreak]

Last edited:

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum

Subhan'Allahi wa bi hamdihi, Subhan'Allahil Azeem
Glorified is Allah the Most Praised, Glorified is Allah the Most High

Barak'Allahu Fik for this clip, may Allah guide us all and keep us guided, Ameen ya Rabb al-Alamin!

Wasalam

Marwa17

sixteen stone??? What does that mean exactly?
Mashallah...Allah can lead anyone on the right path if they want it...Allah help us all find that path...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
sixteen stone??? What does that mean exactly?
Mashallah...Allah can lead anyone on the right path if they want it...Allah help us all find that path...

Assalamu Alaykum, if you read the accompanying text it tells you!

sixteen stone is 101 kilos. It is his weight.

Wasalam.

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Well 16 stones is all he had to carry around incase he got into a fight..

JOKE No 16 Stones was his weight.. 16 stones = 101.604691 kilograms

Lol@rude Boy.. Now a Good Boy... :salah:

azlina_sam

Alhamdullilah..

Assalamualaikum,

May Allah leads us to the life of jannah (paradise).. Insya-Allah..

:muslim_child:

Wassalam
Azlina

muslim forever

:salam2:
his weight dos not matter what matter is the weight of the good deeds on the day of judgment
so make dua for him and your self

maymun

ammatu allah

:salam2: yaa Rabi let our hearts to open <wha is rihgt>and make our task easy for us.

zubaydah

السلام عليكم
Subhanallah,...I'm so happy to read this article...back here in my country lots of Muslims had chosen not to be one anymore..Astarghfirullah..but when I came across this article...i was overwhelmed...Allah is great...
الله اكبر

Alhamdulillah, This really a sign from Allah that Islam always brings peace and encourgae people to do good deeds.
May Allah blessing him with endowments for his life.
Suharjo

shabkhal

Allahu Akbar May Allah guide us all as he did David and all the non believers on to siraat al mustaqeem. Aameen.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I found this simple clip fascinating. As a "revert" , I've met many other Muslims who come from rough starts in life. It is true that Allah guides whomever He wills.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
:bismillah:
This dialogue may be off a little. The English accent is hard for me to understand, lol

By the way, that's cool how European cars have the steering wheel on the right side.

Dialogue of video: From start of video to the end of the video
(Narrator) - This is my mate, Dave. He grew up in a Catholic family here in the ghettos of South London. Where the only thing he had to survive were his fists

David Gustave - I learned to fight here, when I was about 7 when I was right here in Primary School. You kinda get egotisical ??? cause you are big and can fight and spend ???

(Narrator) - When I met him at Oxford University, he was different from most people. Dave had a dark, ghetto side. He used to lock himself in his room for days, sometimes weeks, at a time.

Dave Gustave - (Voice in the background) Common now, I've gotta do some things so please be quiet. Thank you.

(Narrator) - What was he doing behind that door? Was he reading one of his beloved philosophy books? Or was he getting in the dayzone listening to his records? On one occasion, Dave disappeared for more than three weeks. When he eventually re emerged, he had converted to Islam; and his name was Dawood.

(Lady) - He came home once in the afternoon and he said...what was it...I said "David, you grew a beard, isn't it?" And he said "Yes, I'm a Muslim". And I said "Oh. If you're happy about that". He said "Yes". I said "Fine".

(Guy) - ??? tell me "David converted to Islam today. He's a Muslim". I said "Alright".

(Lady) - No, that wasn't exactly what you said. He said "As long as he's not a radical, it doesn't matter".

(Narrator) - By piecing together the puzzle of Dave's past, I was starting to get a better picture of why my mate became a Muslim.

(change of scene)

So Dave, where are we going now?

David Gustave - ??? Mosque. It's where me and my daddy used to go about 25 years ago, but he used to take me there when it was a pub. And I used to play Pool there because my dad knew that ??? My dad used to get into the Mosh Pit [is that correct? I, NewMuslim, am asking this]. He's been in that building lots of times. Good thing I actually remember good.

(change of scene)

There's a sense of...belonging and a sense of...unity. I don't know that's how I feel everytime I go through a prayer. I feel quite emotional. A little...blessed. If that's the right word to say. For me, being the defiant individual you've known me to be being 6 feet 4 and 16 stone [101 kilos, or 202 lbs] and all these egosticial, physical things that I could use. It's quite a big step for me to be able to bend over and pray, you know. And to just submit myself to something I've never been in my whole life.

(Narrator speaking to the Lady and Guy from earlier) - Have you noticed a change in him since his conversion to Islam?

(Guy) - Yeah, yeah, yeah. He's a lot calmer.

(Narrator) - He's a lot calmer. He used to be hyperactive.

(change of scene)

Dave may have found a new religion, but he remains fiercely proud of his roots. He now works as a mentor with the young kids of South London; helping them find their own way out of the ghetto...whatever it may be.