Deception

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is probably one of the most serious posts I have written. Thus, in advance I thank you for reading this.

My concern is deception. I was thinking and it struck me like lightening. We are on the internet. There is the luxury of anonymity. We assume this being a Muslim and thereby correct website would never encounter deception.

I am addressing a specific concern. We have young and innocent sisters. And each day I realize more and more how innoncent Muslim women really are. I pray we practice no deception.

No..I am not suggesting a deception test. I know we are Muslims and thereby have to exhibit the best of correctness. I simply impore our brothers to protect our sisters.

Jazaak Allahu kharin

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam.

So true sister.......so true! I was one of the unlucky people to be decieved by the very person who introduced me to Islam! I never considered myself a gullible person but I fell into the trap hook line and sinker. I know it was Allah who protected me from this person because the way I found out what he was doing could only be a miracle.

The really great news is this experience actually increased my my belief in Islam so Alhamdulillah for that. I am so happy sister that you posted this because people may not realize how strong relationships can form online and that you can hurt someone just as much as you would if you were in person.

I feel really stupid for trusting someone on the internet and I realize that I had no business even talking to him in the first place but I wasnt Muslim when I met him online and I think I wouldnt have known about Islam if I never talked to him so everything happens for a reason. And Allah knows best.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Bismillahee Rahmaneer Raheem

As salam alaikum wa rahmatullahee wa barakatooh Aapa,

Jazakallahu Khair for the reminder. I have heard a lot of instances, where people take advantages of the other person who is online. And a number of times, people fall in their traps.

I ask Allah Subhanahu wa Taala to protect our Muslim brothers and sisters and save them from the fitnah of this world, from the fitnah of Dajjal, from the evil whisperings of shaytaan, from the trials of the grave and from the hellfire.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam Alaikum Aapa,

Inshaa'Allah...we'll take care and Jazakallahu Khair for reminding'

Barakallahu feekum
wassalamu alaikum

katieanneb

Salem,
Unfortunately, deception happens everywhere, not just on the Internet.....at least the people we encounter on the WWW are strangers, but it is so much worse when it happens with people you "know" and trust!!!! I'm getting to the stage where I have no trust in anyone around me....I ask you, is this good or bad, a sign of experience, or just a sign of the times??? It's breaking my heart!!!!! La hawla wala 9uwat ila billah!!!!

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
why are you talking about decption?do you feel something strange?we muslims are sincere and do not betray neither lie,so if you fear something about your innocent sister,try to talk to her and try to understand what's wrong...me,I'm clear like the water,I am daughter of a policeman and honesty is one of the pillars of my daylife:hijabi::wasalam:

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaykum,

Wot kind of deception do you mean? obiously people should have the common sense not to trust others on the net, logical things like not giving out personal details etc. I should think everyone using the net knows these basics by now!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was simply writing about the fact that we have to be alert. Sometimes I think I live on another planet. Deception is the primary mode of shytan. We take for granted that we are honest with each other. We take it for granted.

I was not even thinking about men using female names and vice-versa but that is within the range of possibilites.

Sister Hayat..I bring up topics that are real. That is why I brought it up. As I read some of the responses from the sisters I am baffled at their innoncence. I could sell moon rocks by the tons or oceanfront property on the moon without any effort.

Just because a person states they are a Muslim..we still have to be alert. Time and experience with the other helps us gain trust.

arzafar

you mean there are spies here? cmon plz dont bring up a conspiracy theory.

but i do agree that most users, both brother and sisters (especially), on here appear to be very innocent, almost to the extent of naivety. sometimes it is repulsive because it makes me realize what a bad boy i am/was - so everyone be wary of me.

but seriously i think it has to do with age. we have a lot of young people here and i cant decide whether its good or bad. fortunately the forum is strictly moderated.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother...I know I have to educate you...but when I bring up facts I do in the news section. I have faith and I know I will guide you to a greater understanding. I have not given up on you, yet. Who knows maybe Brother Justoneinamillion may log on, Insha'Allah.

If you think they are innoncent...think how I feel. And we have had the occasional visitor on this site..that has made me question their motives; and I am not alone in knowing that we had spies here.

It is a good thing that we have youth on this site. The youth are able to disperse information very quickly.

Youth is emotional. But you have me and a couple of others who balance the equation.

My thinking was a gentle reminder for us to be on the best manners.

ShyHijabi

After being on the web now for over 15 years I've come to take a lot of things with a grain of salt. I've seen people exposed to be complete liars with made up personas and even lifestyles! One thing I can see through fairly quickly is when someone lies about a medical condition. They will post something that is literally impossible from a scientific/medical standpoint. (like "my blood pressure was 300/150" rolls eyes)

I've also read accounts which turned out to be exaggerations or outright deceit and the person usually scrambles away after they've been uncovered. Then there is the scams where a person writes about their mothersbrothersmonkeysuncle that is in desperate need of money RIGHT NOW! and please send it to this address. No follow up or anything, scammers know to just use some Arabic words and pretend they are Muslim and viola! they get money from these naive/innocent Muslims.

So I donate directly to mosques or established foundations with verified credentials. We have a problem with beggars salaaming my husband for money so they can buy drugs/alcohol. We offer food instead and some of them have the audacity to lecture my husband on arrogance. <shocked expression!> One even yelled at my husband when he provided the number and address to a mosque that would give him a place to sleep and shower. He wanted money and nothing else would do. So he got nothing.

Sigh. It's rough times we live in now, people truly do not fear hellfire. For every lie/deceit we spread we will be punished for...and harshly.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, sister. You understood and explained it well.

I miss Justoneinamillion...he was one of my favorite sons...he was political and emotional and brillant. Sometimes I feel lonely explaning all the stuff I have uncovered about the evils of the lying governments. Nothing major.

I guess I was being protective.

Valerie

I messaged aapa about this already. I just wanted to apologize for getting upset recently. I should have just kept it to myself or written angrily in my diary :) (It is mentioned in this thread that people get emotional.. I do, not as much as I used to, but I'm working on stopping it... Long story, not worth sharing).

That's awful that people would try to scam others. As far as that goes, I don't trust people to be who they say they are. When it comes to knowledge on here, I tend to take it seriously. Someone could tell me an outright lie about Islam and I'd have no clue... (I guess I should have included that as a side-note).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I love this site. I feel like your momma at times on this site. I know we are Muslims. However, we are humans. And I am simply trying to put my wings around you.

This is getting mushy for me so I will read and find something that should get 2000 responses...a couple of warnings from the mods and get everyone thinking again.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I hope to give my trust on this site,because there are some things about me which none but few people know...I hope none jokes with my feelings.i found on tti a good confident not only to confess my humour,but also to learn and I really hope not to be betrayed:astag:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

I also do not understand what to you mean by " deception" dear sister. I personally feel more safe on TTI Alhamdulillah, than on other sites, even they are Islamic sites. Alhamdulillah, on TTI are good sisters and brothers Inshallah, and from how I know it did not happend something serious which harmed any sister or brother here. But still Allah knows better than we, and we can not say without seeing it by our own experiance. I think we should use our time only on safe sites and which are Islamic lead by members who are folowing Islam by Quran and Sunnah in thier real lifes as well. Because being on other places, is not so much safe for us, as there are bad people everywhere.

I think it is not good to generalise things, so that it does not happen that some sister or brother feel accussed for something.:shymuslima1: Allah knows the best our intentions, and everything on the end revealed the truth.

May Allah bless us all

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am not accusing anyone. I was simply stating that I have noticed over the course of years most of the sisters here are very innoncent and naive. It stands to reason that these sisters become aware of good intentions of others. It happens in all segements of life.
I believe that the brothers here have good intentions. I know this to be a valuable site. This is why I remain here.
But, we are human and I caution others to remember we are humans. Nothing is perfect.

I sense that many feel very defensive when I broach subjects that are uncomfortable. I do so not to attack but to enlighten. And specfically when the sisters become defensive it proves my point of their naivete.

When people become defensive..it leads to useless debate and eventually the thread is closed. It serves no purpose. In simple words all I was trying to do was say use some common sense.

The duyna deceives us constantly. We need to be on guard. There was no fingerpointing. There was no negativity in my comments. I was just giving an example from the school of reality.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
yes sister Aapa,you really sound like a mother who wishes to protect us:hearts:.I apperciete it,here onn tti I am free to express what I can't say everywhere,because of anonymateness and because in a muslim site we all chat about muslim argument,so that I can feel in good company of muslim brothers and sisters.:wasalam: