Do Grown ups have Fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

گرتے ھیں شھسوار ھی میدانِ جنگ میں
وہ طفل کیا گرے جو گٹھنوں کے بل چلے

You know when you are learning to ride a bike, you look at people who are riding their bikes fast and without support and you think “Good God! What a life! I can’t wait till I have learnt how to ride my bike like these people. How lucky are these people”!

And then one day you learn to ride your bike like them.

And then you realise that your troubles have increased because with added speed comes added danger and responsibility, now you have to worry about traffic and injury.

When you were riding slow and you fell; you just got up, perhaps with a bruised knee but that’s about it.

But if you fall now; you may end in the hospital with broken bones because there could be a car involved! :)

Nevertheless, with added risk comes added pleasure. The thrill of the ride you know.

Translation of the couplet:

Only the mighty knights fall in battle
How can an infant crawling on his knees fall (from grace)?

So yes as a grown up I don’t have to worry about things like choosing a career, studies, parents etc. but I have to worry about a wife, kids, financial affairs and they carry much greater risk , enough for my life to end in utter devastation!

So is it fun? Off course it is; with greater risk and responsibility comes greater pleasure!

But the fun can be disastrous if the goal is misplaced.

Imagine driving without looking to the front but constantly focusing and looking through the rear-view mirror! Ouch!

As Muslims we drive our lives by:

1) Constantly looking forward to the Akhira
2) Occasionally looking through the rear-view & side mirrors (Dunya) thus constantly evaluating our position and adjusting

The life of the world is just a few days, career or no career, wealth or no wealth, it will be over AND then the real fun begins!

عمر دراز مانگ کر لائے تھے چار دن
دو آرزو میں کٹ گئے دو انتظار میں

Translation of the couplet:
We had begged for a long life of 4 days
2 days were gone in desires (of what we wanted); 2 days were gone in waiting (to get the desires fulfilled)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Fun begins when you realize there is nothing in this life you need. When the golden moment of peace descends upon you. When you start cleaning out unwanted items and keep just what you need to get by. A good synonym for fun for an adult is gratitude. And all you want is more time to be close to Allah.

hussaini

Brother, salam, I am unable to understand your message.

Please guide us how to shape the future of this ummah;

By the way if I keep the example of Muslim’s to drive the other way you mentioned

Our goal / Target : Aakhira (Heaven)Driving Ground : (Duniya)Driving Instruction / Manual : Quran / Sunnah

Then will there be still any need for positioning or adjustments?

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Brother, salam, I am unable to understand your message.

Please guide us how to shape the future of this ummah;

By the way if I keep the example of Muslim’s to drive the other way you mentioned

Our goal / Target : Aakhira (Heaven)Driving Ground : (Duniya)Driving Instruction / Manual : Quran / Sunnah

Then will there be still any need for positioning or adjustments?

:salam2:

Yes there is a need for adjustment, we have to adjust ourselves to meet the requirements set by the Qur'an.

wasalam

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Never let your worldly dreams and your great expectations invade and conquer your heart lest you may get extremely shocked. Simply we all have no idea what Allah is going to decree on us so, we should train our hearts to accept any destiny we might have.Don't let your ambition take you so far in this life, because sometimes life is too short to get our ambitions fulfilled.Make your only concern how to prepare for the other life you are going to live, the real life and not this worldly life. That doesn't mean to desert this life completely, but rather to give it the concern it deserves

Status
Not open for further replies.